ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Roster Updates (Watts and LDT to IR, Zombo signed) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318074)

Sassy Squatch 10-10-2018 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13804906)
Veach needs to tell his agent that a restructure is needed or his client is going to be let go.

Chiefs have paid this man top money for 2 years and all we’ve got back is 3 quarters of play so far.

That needs to be at the top of Veach’s agenda this offseason.

No, he needs to get his pads on and ****ing PLAY.

RunKC 10-10-2018 11:31 AM

Wow Watts injured his core area on the big pass break up. Sounds like he has the same core injury that Nelson had last season. Probably means he could come back in week 14.

htismaqe 10-10-2018 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKchiefs (Post 13804904)
You act like this is an injury that is continuing to get better. It isn't. He's had 2 months now to rehab a sore foot. If he's not ready now, when is he ever going to be ready?

And we're probably going to go through the same shit next year or up until the day we can finally get rid of his ass.

Pretty much how I feel about it at this point.

RunKC 10-10-2018 11:37 AM

If Berry gets forced back onto the field now and gets hurt it will be a gigantic cascade of bad PR.

“Why did you bring him back if he wasn’t ready?!?!”

Bring him back around Thanksgiving and if he gets hurt all you can say is “we waited as long as we could and brought him back to get ready for the playoffs and he got hurt.”

They are going to shift the PR blame on EB, not the Chiefs. Smart move.

OKchiefs 10-10-2018 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13804939)
If Berry gets forced back onto the field now and gets hurt it will be a gigantic cascade of bad PR.

Bring him back around Thanksgiving and if he gets hurt all you can say is “we waited as long as we could and brought him back to get ready for the playoffs and he got hurt.”

So you think this is all about PR? Because I really don't think he's getting much better at this point. Whether he comes back now or a month from now, I don't see any difference in the chance for him to stay on the field.

The Franchise 10-10-2018 11:40 AM

Hey Eric....you've got three options.

1. Suit up and play.
2. Take a pay cut.
3. Get cut.

You've got until Week 10 to choose one of these options.

O.city 10-10-2018 11:44 AM

Yeah, whole lot of money not doing shit.

At this point, I hope he is actually hurt worse than they're letting on and it's not just him not feeling ready.

Sassy Squatch 10-10-2018 11:45 AM

Quote:

No. There are no "smart moves" left. Eric Berry has been a cavalcade of **** ups by the Chiefs ever since they started negotiating his 2nd contract. Get on the field or get the **** out. 2 months is long enough for rest and rehab.

htismaqe 10-10-2018 11:47 AM

Quote:

I don't believe this. I think most Chiefs fans want him on the field now and don't understand what is going on. If he gets hurt again, it won't make a difference when it happens.

FAX 10-10-2018 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 13804877)
Reading up about Rick Burkholder I guess he is consider if not the best one of the best but it just seems like our better players always get injured.

He's my adopted Chief this year, too.

I'm beyond disappointed.

FAX

ToxSocks 10-10-2018 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 13804877)
Reading up about Rick Burkholder I guess he is consider if not the best one of the best but it just seems like our better players always get injured.

The same shit is said by every team's fan base. People are always looking to pass blame on someone for everything. Players get injured. Every team has injuries. And every ****ing fan base blames their trainers.

Players get injured. It's part of playing the most physical sport in the country.

ToxSocks 10-10-2018 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13804957)
Yeah, whole lot of money not doing shit.

At this point, I hope he is actually hurt worse than they're letting on and it's not just him not feeling ready.

The way the team is handling his injury is causing a lot of resentment from the fan base.

Every week fans check in to see if he's ready only to learn he's not practicing, which causes further aggravation to the fan. If they'd just be honest about the severity then fans could stop expecting him to return every week, and stop being pissed when he doesn't practice.

pugsnotdrugs19 10-10-2018 12:17 PM

If Berry is holding off, it’s probably cause he’s afraid to rupture that other Achilles again truthfully. Because this heel issue is exactly why it happened in the first place.

htismaqe 10-10-2018 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13805037)
The way the team is handling his injury is causing a lot of resentment from the fan base.

Every week fans check in to see if he's ready only to learn he's not practicing, which causes further aggravation to the fan. If they'd just be honest about the severity then fans could stop expecting him to return every week, and stop being pissed when he doesn't practice.

That's why I disagreed with Run. I don't think fans will be anymore mad than they are right now if he gets hurt again, whether it's week 7 or week 17.

They want him on the field and are tired of it NOW.

htismaqe 10-10-2018 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13805046)
If Berry is holding off, it’s probably cause he’s afraid to rupture that other Achilles again truthfully. Because this heel issue is exactly why it happened in the first place.

Then stop going day to day. Put him on IR or something.