ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs If the Chiefs go 8-8 or better 49ers get a 2nd round pick. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272817)

SAUTO 05-07-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9666583)
There aren't really any Alex Smith trolls. Most of the new posters who came here because they like Alex Smith have been pretty reasonable, particularly in light of the immature response they've gotten from a particular group of planeteers who desperately cling to their victimhood.

Ill have some of what you got
Posted via Mobile Device

philfree 05-07-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9666356)
I see the parallels. I also see the differences.

I don't happen to view Alex Smith as a backup like most here do. Matt Cassel? Yes, he was a backup. So were most of the other dudes we picked up from the 49ers.

Alex Smith, IMO, is a starting QB in the NFL. He is a guy that would not have been available under normal circumstances. Most coaches would have went back to their starter who was 6-2-1 after 9 games last season, and Kaepernick would have went back to the bench, once Smith would have came back.

Now will Smith light it up here? That's the 10 million dollar question.

And yes, I was on the Geno bandwagon. Apparently I was wrong.

Alex Smith is our QB this season. I am on board.

This is pretty much where I'm at on it. I'll add that since Harbaugh kind of jerked the rug out from under Smith and with all the hate around here for him I'm routing for him to prove them all wrong. Not saying he will but I'm pulling for the guy.

-King- 05-07-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9666355)
They struggled to beat us last year with Cassel and Romeo.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1266325/kobev.gif

RunKC 05-07-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9666365)
38-3 is struggling?...

Dude we were without Bowe, Lilja and Albert, plus Quinn is actually worse than Cassel (idk how that's possible).

Rasputin 05-07-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaepernick (Post 9666587)
The Raiders traded for Matt Flynn giving up a 2014 5th round pick, and another late conditional round in 2015.

If Matt Flynn pans out for them, you guys are going to be crying in your soup or putting holes in your walls. One or the other.

I kind of doubt a 7th round draft choice will pan out, but he is Mike McCarthy trained and held Aaron Rodgers's clipboard for 4 years.

IMHO, I would much rather take a flier on Flynn for 2 late draft picks than waste 2 2nd rounders on Alex Smiff. If Flynn balls out for the Raiders, Dorsey is going to look pretty stupid.

Yes this and you can still have the option to draft a quarterback in the in one of the top two rounds. Gives more options and flexibility for the future. We would have our second or third round pick in 2014 to move up in the first round to grab our qbotf.

-King- 05-07-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9666666)
Dude we were without Bowe, Lilja and Albert, plus Quinn is actually worse than Cassel (idk how that's possible).

So...they struggled to beat us?

SAUTO 05-07-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9666316)
Trading away a second round pick for another teams backup to be our starting quarterback isn't a parallel?

Actually I was wrong. It isn't a parallel. We gave TWO seconds and didn't get vrabel thrown in...
Posted via Mobile Device

Rasputin 05-07-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9666666)

Right. We were in it to win it.

:LOL:

Coogs 05-07-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9666669)
Yes this and you can still have the option to draft a quarterback in the in one of the top two rounds. Gives more options and flexibility for the future.

I'm still glad we didn't go with Flynn... just because of the Dorsey connection. Don't really care about the draft picks... even if next years turns into a 2nd.

RunKC 05-07-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9666675)
Right. We were in it to win it.

:LOL:

Ha yup we folded that game. Not a shit was given that day. They were just ready for the season to be over and it showed.

SAUTO 05-07-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9666680)
I'm still glad we didn't go with Flynn... just because of the Dorsey connection. Don't really care about the draft picks... even if next years turns into a 2nd.

I'm glad we didn't go Flynn too...

But those seconds are good trade up ammo.

Couple seconds or a first?
Posted via Mobile Device

Kaepernick 05-07-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9662854)
I think many of us critics hope like heck that we are wrong! I sure do!

I have tried repeatedly to remain positive when they keep doing the same darn thing over and over again.

Pretty soon you have to look the horse right in the mouth and say, damn, you are not winning the Kentucky Derby as a Shetland Pony no matter how much I like you.

Alex, the Palamino.

http://www.yourhorse.co.uk/upload/20...656%5B1%5D.JPG

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-07-2013 10:24 PM

Can't wait to see Alex single-handedly keep that second round pick all safe and secure. You go girl!
Posted via Mobile Device

Mav 05-07-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9666316)
Trading away a second round pick for another teams backup to be our starting quarterback isn't a parallel?

no, because if you had LISTENED, Andy Reid had made it PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE, that he has liked alex smith since he was drafted. That is the qb he wanted. he had other options. What other options did pioli have? He targeted Matt Cassell and that was it. The Chiefs could of went after Kolb for nothing, Palmer for peanuts, Flynn who dorsey was familiar with. So many other ways to go. At the end of the day, the HEAD COACH, not the GM, the head coach got who he wanted.
Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9666710)
I'm glad we didn't go Flynn too...

But those seconds are good trade up ammo.

Couple seconds or a first?
Posted via Mobile Device

If Alex Smith is as horrible as some of you doomsday fans are, you wont have to worry about that second rounder, you will be top 10 and able to get a qb next year.....Which, i believe you will draft on in the first round next year, regardless of where you are. The draft class should be ridiculously deep.

I do take offense, that i am considered a troll. i am not laughing at you, i am not screaming how you suck, I am not doing what kaepernick is doing, running down your team to get on your good side. Im just here to talk football. If that makes me a "troll", then you really need to post a definition of it.

SAUTO 05-07-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9667013)
no, because if you had LISTENED, Andy Reid had made it PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE, that he has liked alex smith since he was drafted. That is the qb he wanted. he had other options. What other options did pioli have? He targeted Matt Cassell and that was it. The Chiefs could of went after Kolb for nothing, Palmer for peanuts, Flynn who dorsey was familiar with. So many other ways to go. At the end of the day, the HEAD COACH, not the GM, the head coach got who he wanted.

If Alex Smith is as horrible as some of you doomsday fans are, you wont have to worry about that second rounder, you will be top 10 and able to get a qb next year.....Which, i believe you will draft on in the first round next year, regardless of where you are. The draft class should be ridiculously deep.

I do take offense, that i am considered a troll. i am not laughing at you, i am not screaming how you suck, I am not doing what kaepernick is doing, running down your team to get on your good side. Im just here to talk football. If that makes me a "troll", then you really need to post a definition of it.

its gonna take to two to get anything worthwhile. And Alex Smith IS better than that
Posted via Mobile Device

Kaepernick 05-07-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoneyBadger (Post 9663783)
8-8 is still a shitty team. Get real.

Cowboys and Steelers both went 8-8 last year.

This put them tied for 15th in the league in wins. Dead nuts in the heart of mediocre.

Of course both missed the playoffs.

Ming the Merciless 05-07-2013 11:00 PM

one thing we can all agree on:

its going to be a long ****ing time till August

Mav 05-07-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9667039)
one thing we can all agree on:

its going to be a long ****ing time till August

unfortunately......

SAUTO 05-07-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9667045)
unfortunately......

That I can agree with you on dude
Posted via Mobile Device

Kaepernick 05-07-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 9663888)
I'm pretty sure nobody but you gives Alice Smiff credit for Kaepernick's success.

I have to correct you on that one.

Jim Harbaugh gave Alex Smith a great deal of credit for mentoring Kaepernick.
Quote:

Originally Posted by USA Today

But instead of sulking, Smith devoted himself to being a mentor and coach.

"Another guy with Alex's experience may have not been as willing to help," 49ers fullback Bruce Miller said. "Colin being young, Alex being the veteran, he helped him game-plan and helped in meetings."

49ers coach Jim Harbaugh paid Smith a huge compliment Monday.

"Alex has really helped coach Colin in meetings every single day," Harbaugh said. "He coaches Colin now more than I do. That speaks volumes to how good a teammate Alex Smith is."

"When Kaep comes to the sidelines, Alex tells him what he sees. Whatever happens, I just wish the best for Alex."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...rnick/1872585/

Kaepernick 05-07-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 9663915)
ROFL

Teammates loved Alex. That's indisputable. Great player, no. Great teammate, yes. Smart, hard worker, extremely intelligent. His teammates thought the world of him. He was very popular in the locker room.

Kaepernick 05-07-2013 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 9663959)
See, you're missing the point. You cannot win big in this league if you have a quarterback who needs to be coddled and can't be "unleashed." It just isn't done anymore outside of once-in-a-lifetime circumstances like that insane 2000 Ravens defense.

When has this not been true?

You are right to say that the last game manager to win a super bowl was Trent Dilfer in 2000. Even Brad Johnson can't be a game manager, the year he had in 2003 with the Bucs.

But it goes way back to before 2000. Elite QB play is a staple of super bowl winning teams.

Just looking back 25 years, you can see that most SB winning QBs have been elite or nearly elite.

2012 Joe Flacco Near elite
2011 Eli Manning Near elite
2010 Aaron Rodgers Elite
2009 Drew Brees Elite
2008 Ben Roethlisberger Near elite
2007 Eli Manning Near elite
2006 Peyton Manning Elite
2005 Ben Roethlisberger Near elite
2004 Tom Brady Elite
2003 Tom Brady Elite
2002 Brad Johnson Top 10
2001 Tom Brady Elite
2000 Trent Dilfer Game Manager
1999 Kurt Warner Elite
1998 John Elway Elite
1997 John Elway Elite
1996 Brett Favre Elite
1995 Troy Aikman Elite
1994 Steve Young Elite
1993 Troy Aikman Elite
1992 Troy Aikman Elite
1991 Mark Rypien Top 10
1990 Jeff Hoestetler Game Manager
1989 Joe Montana Elite
1988 Joe Montana Elite

Only 2 game managers have one a superbowl in the last 25 years.

Elite QBs won 16 of the last 25 superbowls.

Add in the "near elite" QBs, and combined they have won 21 of the past 25, including the last 10 superbowls.

A game manager has not won a super bowl in 12 years.

Tribal Warfare 05-07-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9666597)
Okay. I'll buy that.

I sense sarcasm in this post

Kaepernick 05-08-2013 12:03 AM

There is a reason Jim Harbaugh is quoted saying, "Do we need a top-flight quarterback? Do human beings need air to breathe?"

Harbaugh was not in SF a week before he told a reporter that. Not a week. It is that vital to him.

Jakemall 05-08-2013 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9665610)
just passing by

that's the patriots fan that arrived with Matt Cassel...i mean arrived with Matt Cassel's cock punching his duodenum

4 years of this epic **** tard lecturing us on how amazing Cassel was and how we just couldn't see it...lecturing us about our own god damn team, about which he knew nothing...

4 years of being the single most embarrassingly dumb poster on the planet...4 years of being dead wrong about everything (Marcellus-level dumb)

fast forward...one whole day...another worthless backup arrives, but this time he brings his own short bus of special fans...fans all wearing t-shirts from some mall kiosk that have a low-res photo of Smith's face underneath the words, "Backups Are People Too"

on behalf of Chiefsplanet, I'd like to welcome you...welcome you to throw yourselves, and your fat stupid ugly families into an industrial strength wood chipper

Alex isn't a back up. He's a starter. The second he wasn't the guy in SF his fate was sealed. It was just a matter of where he'd be starting next. It's not like Alex was a bad QB and was replaced with a decent one. He was a good qb replaced with one that has already set records.

Tribal Warfare 05-08-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 9667132)
Alex isn't a back up. He's a starter. The second he wasn't the guy in SF his fate was sealed. It was just a matter of where he'd be starting next. It's not like Alex was a bad QB and was replaced with a decent one. He was a good qb replaced with one that has already set records.

Yet wasn't good enough to retain his job, thus traded when his "value" was still high enough to obtain a draft pick. If Alex Smith was an almighty badass Kaepernick would be the one traded not Smith. The Brady/Cassel situation is a perfect example.

HoneyBadger 05-08-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

So, he was a backup in SF. There's no way around the fact that he was backing up Kap.

Kaepernick 05-08-2013 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 9664449)
and why waste a pick on Matt Barkley when, drafting him there, you pretty much guarantee him a roster spot on a roster where we would be just fine next year carrying only 2 QB's?

so to answer your question...that's why we didn't take Barkley with a "measly" 3rd round pick...

why waste a pick on a guy who would be fringe roster worthy in the 3rd round?

I've already stated that the thing 3rd-5th round draft picks are MOSTLY good for is they are cheap roster fillers for special teamers and perhaps fringe starters...or if you get lucky you land a Brandon Carr or Jared Allen (1 in 50s)...

no need in wasting that on a QB who apparently wasn't high on your draft board

Russell Wilson was 3rd round. Everybody passed on him too. Too short.

They wish they took him now.

NOBODY knows how this crop of QBs will pan out with the right development.

Kaepernick 05-08-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9664593)
Let me get this straight..

We had one of the worst teams in NFL history last year and were fortunate to even win 2 games...and you guys are expecting playoffs as a certainty, like anything worse than thay is a failure. Yes we have some premier talent but holy hell.

If this team is playing for a playoff spot in December it's a huge improvement for year 1. The real improvement should come in year 2 IMO.

FWIW I think we can make the playoffs though, which would be huge.

How good is your team? What is your core? How many wins is your new head coach worth by himself?

Previous 49ers coach was bad, misused players, didn't know his X's and O's. Harbaugh came in and saw who had genuine talent and who didn't, traded the chaff, promote the wheat, got a few targetted free agents, drafted a few guys.

The 49ers went from 6-10 to 13-3 in one year with mostly the same players. Just all the coaches were changed.

The right head coach can make a difference in a solid team that has been misused by the previous regime.

You guys were 2-14, but you don't expect to go 13-3 next year either. You had 6 pro-bowlers on your team. What is Andy Reid's coaching worth?

I'm not sure the Chiefs can't go 10-6 next year if the X's & O's are up to par. But them I don't follow the Chiefs and you guys know your team backwards and forwards, so I'm likely wrong. You went 7-9 with bad coaching. I don't see why you can't go 10-6 with good coaching.

Kaepernick 05-08-2013 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9664612)
I think we go 7-9.

Just a respectable QB last year would have won 5 or 6.

This year we have a VERY easy schedule. We have a lot of talent...

You guys have the 4th easiest schedule in the NFL for 2013, on paper.

Kaepernick 05-08-2013 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9664784)
We've heard your bullshit already.

"Hey guys. Be happy with our trash! We already have a great QB that took us to a Superbowl, but we also have this guy that's not great, but better than what you had. So take him go from suck to average and be happy!"

It's old, it's tiring, and it's condescending. Now again, your time would be better spent with a good fisting of ma.

As far as I know we haven't had any fans of other QB needy teams saying how lucky we are to get a guy that in a career year was throwing for a buck eighty a game. Just a bunch of niner douche bags telling us how lucky we are to get to eat their steaming pile of shit.

It is not a "bunch of niner douche bags." It is just one ****ing guy posting under multiple user IDs. Even what he says is the same like "I'm not going anywhere".

It is just 1 ****ing guy. It is NOT a bunch of guys. Just 1.

And he is NOT a 49er fan. He said, "**** the 49ers. I'm not a a fan anymore". He is an Alex Smith fan, only and Alex Smith fan and always been ONLY an Alex Smith fan.

Kaepernick 05-08-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9665007)
Never noticed the guy jumping up and down on the right lol.

The guy in the glasses & white sleeves looks like he is from Chiefsplanet. Not too happy.

Kaepernick 05-08-2013 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9666616)
That's a fair opinion. But given that John Dorsey was in the Green Bay organization, the fact that he passed on Flynn would concern me.

I could see taking Flynn in a cynical move to freshen up the place while still planning to do poorly next year and draft the real QBotF, but I really don't expect Flynn to outplay Alex Smith.

You made an excellent point about Dorsey knowing Flynn. But I though Alex was Reid's pick from day 1. Has Dorsey ever divulged who he wanted, or does he just tow the "we were unanimous" line?

Kaepernick 05-08-2013 01:13 AM

Sorry for flooding your board guys. I got home very late from work and it takes a while to tackle a 55 page thread. Didn't mean to flood you.

GoChargers 05-08-2013 01:46 AM

Quote:

Alex isn't a back up. He's a starter.

Except for the whole thing about J.T. O'Sullivan, David Carr, Troy Smith, Shaun Hill, and Colin Kaepernick being better than him at various points of his career.

el borracho 05-08-2013 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9666117)
actually, he was good enough to take the 49ers to the super bowl. Kyle williams made sure we didnt get there. Get your facts straight.

add to that, the 49ers forum board right now, is a kaepernick, SLOB FEST. Go take a look for yourself. From what I hear, as you know, I am banned, but i still talk to guys from there, this fruit loop Kaepernick, who you guys just LOVE, has started his own Kaepernick homers club. Im glad im not there lol.

No, he wasn't. Alex Smith failed to get the 49ers to a Super Bowl. That is a fact. I have another fun fact for you: The 49ers (correctly) thought their chances at a Super Bowl were better with another quarterback which is why Alex Smith was benched (again).

Alex Smith is not good enough to take any team anywhere. He will never play in a Super Bowl.

HemiEd 05-08-2013 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 9665626)
there are no similarities between Cassel and Smith

Sure there are. Both are rejects from their original team that bilked the Chiefs out of a 34th pick and more.

Both have and will waste the time that could be spent on a potential winner behind center.

Both are incapable of carrying the team on their back.

Messier 05-08-2013 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 9667180)
Except for the whole thing about J.T. O'Sullivan, David Carr, Troy Smith, Shaun Hill, and Colin Kaepernick being better than him at various points of his career.

You're right. The 49ers continually looked to replace Smith, but for some reason they always came back to him. O'Sullivan, Carr, Smith, Hill, were backups that, sometimes because of injury, sometimes due to poor play replaced Smith, but they never stuck with them. I don't know why, unless coaches always saw something they liked Smith, but he never became one of those first round picks that becomes a permanent backup, and it happens all the time. In fact, I think the 49ers wouldn't him still being there in case CK regresses, which I could easily see. They knew and he knew, that they were going to have to trade him. He's earned the right to start. At this point, he's the best QB that either switched teams, or was drafted.

patteeu 05-08-2013 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9667138)
Yet wasn't good enough to retain his job, thus traded when his "value" was still high enough to obtain a draft pick. If Alex Smith was an almighty badass Kaepernick would be the one traded not Smith. The Brady/Cassel situation is a perfect example.

Bledsoe/Brady is a better example of what Harbaugh thought of Smith and Kaepernick.

Messier 05-08-2013 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 9667201)
No, he wasn't. Alex Smith failed to get the 49ers to a Super Bowl. That is a fact. I have another fun fact for you: The 49ers (correctly) thought their chances at a Super Bowl were better with another quarterback which is why Alex Smith was benched (again).

Alex Smith is not good enough to take any team anywhere. He will never play in a Super Bowl.

They didn't get to the SB with him as a starter because of a muffed punt in OT. How does that become he failed? JH wanted to run the read option with CK, it was a smart move, teams weren't ready for his style of play. I do think that teams will catch up a little more this year, and you'll see more games like the SB from CK.

I think it's silly to say Smith couldn't have gotten them to the SB last year.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-08-2013 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9666252)
ROFL

way to go Andy!

Worry about Denver's own shit drafts. The "one man gang" will be exposed again when his nuts shrivel up again in cold weather.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-08-2013 06:28 AM

This team is going to be night and day different from the one they fielded the last several. years. It's not even remotely comparable. The philosophy and scheme changes are going to be pretty radically different than what we've seen. RRPP is dead. Bend, but don't break is dead.

You guys are wierd sometimes.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-08-2013 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9666377)
Ya I thought we had em there on the ropes for a second.

They'd have beaten Baltimore, Indy, and Denver at home with even Alex Smith level QB play last year. 3 playoff teams. This team is solid QB play away from making noise in the postseaso.

Don't be silly.

el borracho 05-08-2013 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9667213)
They didn't get to the SB with him as a starter because of a muffed punt in OT. How does that become he failed? JH wanted to run the read option with CK, it was a smart move, teams weren't ready for his style of play. I do think that teams will catch up a little more this year, and you'll see more games like the SB from CK.

I think it's silly to say Smith couldn't have gotten them to the SB last year.

Football games are decided by more than one play. Obviously, Smith should have done more (if he were capable, which he is not) during the rest of the game.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-08-2013 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 9667252)
Football games are decided by more than one play. Obviously, Smith should have done more (if he were capable, which he is not) during the rest of the game.

Going 1-13 on 3rd downs was a huge reason the Niners lost to the Giants the year before. Smith has to deservedly take heat for that.

I do agree with Hootie though, it is silly to compare him to Cassel after the last 2 years. Hyperbole Planet. The difference in their respective levels of play has reached chasm levels.

Sandy Vagina 05-08-2013 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 9667201)

That's a lot of worthless absolutes you are throwing around. Your opinion is noted, but it's garbage speculation based on emotion.

This fumble away from the SB was 2011. Let me explain. SF was in YEAR ONE of building Harbaugh's WCO. You understand why this alone can be a struggle? Add to that... due to the lockout, teams with new regimes were put under extreme disadvantages by not being allowed to get things rolling early on. So Jim gives FA Alex the playbook and Camp Alex begins without the coaches. Alex teaches the basics to the players until the league allows the coaches to return to the players.

So you have a bunch of players just learning the basics... you have guys like VD admitting openly that he didn't really know what the heck he was doing until late in the year. You have multiple injuries to the WR corps prompting us to go into the playoffs with scrub backups like Brett Swain and Joe Hastings starting. Wonderful... right?

... and to others.. Harbaugh wanted Kaepernick starting as soon as possible. He used the concussion to make that happen.. despite the reality that Alex was in the top 5 of all QBs and we were 6-2. Most of the talking heads thought Jim was crazy to do this. Most thought it was flat-out "wrong" to. Most probably wouldn't have done it... Jim is just kinda crazy like that.

Alex didn't lose his job because he wasn't doing very well... he clearly was. He was tops in efficiency and rankings. Is he or was he asked to be dynamic? No, not really. He just had the unfortunate luck of there being his HC's dynamic chosen one waiting in the wings.

Even Joe Montana got replaced by Steve Young. Did this mean Joe couldn't hack it? or that just maybe there was a younger, more explosive QB waiting in the wings?

Use your ****ing heads, please. Condescending? Well **** yes! Who on Earth wouldn't be with some of the ignorant crap being spewed???

Mother****erJones 05-08-2013 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaepernick (Post 9666587)
The Raiders traded for Matt Flynn giving up a 2014 5th round pick, and another late conditional round in 2015.

If Matt Flynn pans out for them, you guys are going to be crying in your soup or putting holes in your walls. One or the other.

I kind of doubt a 7th round draft choice will pan out, but he is Mike McCarthy trained and held Aaron Rodgers's clipboard for 4 years.

IMHO, I would much rather take a flier on Flynn for 2 late draft picks than waste 2 2nd rounders on Alex Smiff. If Flynn balls out for the Raiders, Dorsey is going to look pretty stupid.

Enjoy being raped by the seachickens all year!

Sandy Vagina 05-08-2013 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9667262)
Enjoy being raped by the seachickens all year!

You do realize that your comment here is the equivalent of a 7 year old saying, "yeah? well my dad can beat your dad up!"

Oh my.... :shake:

Pasta Little Brioni 05-08-2013 06:44 AM

I'm actively rooting for U$Cumbag Carrol's boys to fail this year. Tired of seeing them sucked off so much already.

BigCatDaddy 05-08-2013 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9667265)
You do realize that your comment here is the equivalent of a 7 year old saying, "yeah? well my dad can beat your dad up!"

You do realize you're trying to go into someone else's house and enforce your standards on them?

If you are looking for some tea and crupets you probably need to head somewhere else. That's not how this place rolls and you have about as much of a chance changing that as Alex Smith does of being the QB here in 4 years.

Sandy Vagina 05-08-2013 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9667271)
You do realize you're trying to go into someone else's house and enforce your standards on them?

Yeah, I get that. I really was hoping to step in here and have lots of civil and worthwhile discussions. Looks like a great forum. Too bad there's so much anger and immaturity to lessen it. Oh well. :(

BigCatDaddy 05-08-2013 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9667277)
Yeah, I get that. I really was hoping to step in here and have lots of civil and worthwhile discussions. Looks like a great forum. Too bad there's so much anger and immaturity to lessen it. Oh well. :(

So get the **** out or quit crying like a little bitch.

Sandy Vagina 05-08-2013 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9667278)
So get the **** out or quit crying like a little bitch.

That's an interesting deflection and irony... considering that it is people like yourself that seem to revel only in crying like lil bitches and spewing hate. Clearly, that gives you a sense of internet power and pride. Well... hehe,,, do what ya gotta do.

Just so you know, it really just makes you look weak, childish, and pathetic. Like a spoiled child that doesn't get what he wants.. so he throws his feces at the wall and pounds his fists on the pillow. But if that's the way you want to rep your team... yourself... hey... go for it!

That much, I won't come "to your house and tell you how to act."

... but I will tell you how it makes you look..

BigCatDaddy 05-08-2013 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9667283)
That's an interesting deflection and irony... considering that it is people like yourself that seem to revel only in crying like lil bitches and spewing hate. Clearly, that gives you a sense of internet power and pride. Well... hehe,,, do what ya gotta do.

Just so you know, it really just makes you look weak, childish, and pathetic. Like a spoiled child that doesn't get what he wants.. so he throws his feces at the wall and pounds his fists on the pillow. But if that's the way you want to rep your team... yourself... hey... go for it!

That much, I won't come "to your house and tell you how to act."

... but I will tell you how it makes you look..

At here you are still crying like a bitch about it YET AGAIN LMAO

Don't worry bro. That wounded vagina of yours will heal soon.

Mods. Can we get a name change to AllCapsDeb-NinersChiefs?

Sandy Vagina 05-08-2013 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9667289)
At here you are still crying like a bitch about it YET AGAIN LMAO

Don't worry bro. That wounded vagina of yours will heal soon.

... and now we are just getting repetitive and boring. Again, you are spinning this as best you can to take the spotlight off of your own pussification. We get it. You have a vested interest in regaining some "forum cred" by deflecting your own crying bitch self onto someone else. Hey, can't blame you for trying, as you have made yourself a rather silly joke. It'll be alright. You seem to have quite a few fellow crybabies that can have your back and give you a false sense of credibility.

Mother****erJones 05-08-2013 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9667265)

You do realize that analogy wasn't even close right? DIAF

Sandy Vagina 05-08-2013 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9667309)
You do realize that analogy wasn't even close right? DIAF

Eh... not real close, that much is true. Pretty sure you get the general point though.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-08-2013 07:18 AM

These Niner dudes are creepy

Sandy Vagina 05-08-2013 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9667318)

To everyone. I have NO problem with you putting me on ignore. Like I said yesterday... I am here to have civil discussions about the Chiefs. These little mud-slinging interactions are pretty boring, really. So if certain folks don't like my presence here? Please... go ahead and hit that ignore button. I'd prefer that.

SAUTO 05-08-2013 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9667318)

thats for sure

BigCatDaddy 05-08-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9667304)
... and now we are just getting repetitive and boring. Again, you are spinning this as best you can to take the spotlight off of your own pussification. We get it. You have a vested interest in regaining some "forum cred" by deflecting your own crying bitch self onto someone else. Hey, can't blame you for trying, as you have made yourself a rather silly joke. It'll be alright. You seem to have quite a few fellow crybabies that can have your back and give you a false sense of credibility.

Yes! You're finally getting it! Your ****ing shtick for the suck that is Alex Smith if tired of boring. NOBODY here wants to hear this shit. I get it that you don't understand because you aren't a life long fan of the Chiefs, so just take our word for it and shut the **** up. We've heard the bullshit for the last 3 months. Every inch of every detail of Alex Smith has been examined and it's only a matter of time before the jury comes back with a "Sucks" verdicts. The best thing said about Alice is "Well at least he isn't Matt Cassell" and I think that still is debatable.

Somewhere in the pea brain of yours you thought "Hey, I'm going to go educate these Chief fans on Alex Smith. They must not understand or comprehend that he will make them "better" so let me go teach these ignorant fans a thing or two. Guess what? We don't give a **** a about better. We give a **** about winning Superbowls.. Well at least most here do although some are cool with 8-8 and some good BBQ in the parking lot.

So in closing take your pampas ass back to the 9er board or shut the **** up because nobody is buying the snake oil you are selling. You take that shit to Chiefs Coalition or some other shit board where "TrueFans" reign supreme.

BigBeauford 05-08-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9667271)

If you are looking for some tea and crupets you probably need to head somewhere else. That's not how this place rolls and you have about as much of a chance changing that as Alex Smith does of being the QB here in 4 years.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc...8j04o1_500.gif

Pasta Little Brioni 05-08-2013 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9667324)
To everyone. I have NO problem with you putting me on ignore. Like I said yesterday... I am here to have civil discussions about the Chiefs. These little mud-slinging interactions are pretty boring, really. So if certain folks don't like my presence here? Please... go ahead and hit that ignore button. I'd prefer that.

I don't have anyone on ignore and never will. Everyone's entitled to their opinions.

However, I don't understand the mass migration. It'd be like Sauto and I heading over to a Viking board and talking Cassel non stop. It's just wierd.

Sandy Vagina 05-08-2013 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9667339)
I don't have anyone on ignore and never will. Everyone's entitled to their opinions.

However, I don't understand the mass migration. It'd be like Sauto and I heading over to a Viking board and talking Cassel non stop. It's just wierd.

Well... I had already liked many aspects of the Chiefs before Alex even arrived. I also like having another team or two to keep close tabs on. KC is now that team... though obviously, SF comes first for me.

Since I think I answered your question.. what I don't understand is why Chiefs fans wouldn't be open to other team fans offering up some KC support. If that's how it is, fine. One could hardly get emotional over a internet forum rejection. It's just odd... and I guess the anger of losing has breached the filter of civility?

Sandy Vagina 05-08-2013 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9667333)
So in closing take your pampas ass back to the 9er board or shut the **** up because nobody is buying the snake oil you are selling. You take that shit to Chiefs Coalition or some other shit board where "TrueFans" reign supreme.

You are wasting your efforts. I'll go if I am good and ready... and your internet tough-guy garbage is juvenile and impotent. So you don't like? Ignore.. I don't care. I have to believe that people like you have either chased off the actual GOOD Chiefs fans from here... or they just lurk because they are sick of your whiny BS. Well, that's a shame that it got to that point. But you don't bother me... you just elicit pity from me. So save it for someone who really cares... because you only make yourself look worse by carrying on with this.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-08-2013 07:38 AM

I guess I don't understand having "2nd favorite teams" then. I despise every other team besides KC. Some I despise more, some less, but I dislike every other franchise in the NFL. Not into player loyalty either, they are all a bunch of greedy, overpaid douches for the most part.

BossChief 05-08-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9667354)
You are wasting your efforts. I'll go if I am good and ready... and your internet tough-guy garbage is juvenile and impotent. So you don't like? Ignore.. I don't care. I have to believe that people like you have either chased off the actual GOOD Chiefs fans from here... or they just lurk because they are sick of your whiny BS. Well, that's a shame that it got to that point. But you don't bother me... you just elicit pity from me. So save it for someone who really cares... because you only make yourself look worse by carrying on with this.

Go **** yourself. This garbage team has had a top five pick in 4 of the last 6 years.

It's the show me state, not the tell me state.

Saccopoo 05-08-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Yes! You're finally getting it! Your ****ing shtick for the suck that is Alex Smith if tired of boring. NOBODY here wants to hear this shit. I get it that you don't understand because you aren't a life long fan of the Chiefs, so just take our word for it and shut the **** up. We've heard the bullshit for the last 3 months. Every inch of every detail of Alex Smith has been examined and it's only a matter of time before the jury comes back with a "Sucks" verdicts. The best thing said about Alice is "Well at least he isn't Matt Cassell" and I think that still is debatable.

Somewhere in the pea brain of yours you thought "Hey, I'm going to go educate these Chief fans on Alex Smith. They must not understand or comprehend that he will make them "better" so let me go teach these ignorant fans a thing or two. Guess what? We don't give a **** a about better. We give a **** about winning Superbowls.. Well at least most here do although some are cool with 8-8 and some good BBQ in the parking lot.

That's a little overboard, don't you think?

I mean, to go off about the CP composed of guys who are hardcore dedicated to "...give a shit about winning Superbowls..." when the Chiefs haven't even won a playoff game in 20 years is a tad silly.

I was among the hardest supporters of the Chiefs drafting a QB this year. However, I am also objective enough to understand that the signing of Alex Smith was the single best option that this team had in terms of getting the best available NFL ready, win now quarterback available.

This ship has to be righted, and it's not a singular quick fix of a rookie QB that is going to do it as that wouldn't provide the immediate stability, production, experience and leadership that this team needs from the quarterback position.

Smith gives this team that, moreso than most any QB out there. He's smart, tough, accurate and doesn't lose games. With Bowe, Charles, Fasano and a very good defense, this team will be able to compete with any team in the league right off the bat.

This team needed a healthy infusion of respectability and Alex Smith will provide that in conjunction with the new coaching staff (which was well put together), new free agent signings and current player roster.

Don't think for a minute that the QBOTF isn't going to be addressed within the next three years. It will. Both Reid and Dorsey have drafted that guy, but you need to realize that that time wasn't now.

The Chiefs are going to be a good team this year. Better than a lot of people on here seem to believe. And Alex Smith will be a good quarterback on this team.

Sandy Vagina 05-08-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9667357)
I guess I don't understand having "2nd favorite teams" then. I despise every other team besides KC. Some I despise more, some less, but I dislike every other franchise in the NFL. Not into player loyalty either, they are all a bunch of greedy, overpaid douches for the most part.

I get that too. There are plenty of SF fans that feel the same way. I love the game of football in general. Some folks get into fantasy football to "spice up" their football enjoyment. I don't, but I do like having other teams that I like and follow... and those other teams don't come close to my love of the Niners... but I still watch those other favorites with the Sunday Ticket.

Messier 05-08-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 9667252)

I think a muffed punt in OT counts as out of Smiths hands. I also don't think it's fair to say, in the one chance so far in a Conference championship game he didn't win, means be can never win in that situation.

patteeu 05-08-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Come on, BigCatDaddy. Speak for yourself. I appreciate hearing from both the Alex Smith fans and the Alex Smith critics/Kaepernick fans about what they've seen during Smith's San Fran days, and I doubt that I'm the only one. It's good to hear their perspectives. We've always been receptive to foreign team fans here and that shouldn't stop just because a handful of vocal members are upset that our quarterback of the present is Alex Smith.

Sandy Vagina 05-08-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9667371)
Go **** yourself. This garbage team has had a top five pick in 4 of the last 6 years.

It's the show me state, not the tell me state.

well, whatever works for you. There were plenty of SF fans with this same attitude when we had our dark years.

I'll just say this.. telling someone to go "**** yourself" with such reasoning is... silly, rude, and still ineffective. It just does absolutely nothing but make the person saying it look like a stupid prick.

... but if that works for you? Hey, go nuts. Throw some more silly hate at me. Sticks and stones, and all.

The Bad Guy 05-08-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9667392)

I mean, to go off about the CP composed of guys who are hardcore dedicated to "...give a shit about winning Superbowls..." when the Chiefs haven't even won a playoff game in 20 years is a tad silly.

I was among the hardest supporters of the Chiefs drafting a QB this year. However, I am also objective enough to understand that the signing of Alex Smith was the single best option that this team had in terms of getting the best available NFL ready, win now quarterback available.

This ship has to be righted, and it's not a singular quick fix of a rookie QB that is going to do it as that wouldn't provide the immediate stability, production, experience and leadership that this team needs from the quarterback position.

Smith gives this team that, moreso than most any QB out there. He's smart, tough, accurate and doesn't lose games. With Bowe, Charles, Fasano and a very good defense, this team will be able to compete with any team in the league right off the bat.

This team needed a healthy infusion of respectability and Alex Smith will provide that in conjunction with the new coaching staff (which was well put together), new free agent signings and current player roster.

Don't think for a minute that the QBOTF isn't going to be addressed within the next three years. It will. Both Reid and Dorsey have drafted that guy, but you need to realize that that time wasn't now.

The Chiefs are going to be a good team this year. Better than a lot of people on here seem to believe. And Alex Smith will be a good quarterback on this team.

Bravo. Bravo.

The mantra on here is basically we have to build it, and we have to build it a way I deem acceptable or I'm going to turn every thread into a non-stop pissing match is really tired.

Why is it so bad to want competitive football right now? You either want to suck for draft picks to get a QBOTF or you want to win a SB. Having middle ground seems like a travesty to some of you.

patteeu 05-08-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9667350)
Well... I had already liked many aspects of the Chiefs before Alex even arrived. I also like having another team or two to keep close tabs on. KC is now that team... though obviously, SF comes first for me.

Since I think I answered your question.. what I don't understand is why Chiefs fans wouldn't be open to other team fans offering up some KC support. If that's how it is, fine. One could hardly get emotional over a internet forum rejection. It's just odd... and I guess the anger of losing has breached the filter of civility?

FTR, this message board didn't come with a filter of civility. It was the filterless model right out of the box. It takes a while to get used to, but if you have thick skin, it grows on you after a while.

Sandy Vagina 05-08-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9667412)
FTR, this message board didn't come with a filter of civility. It was the filterless model right out of the box. It takes a while to get used to, but if you have thick skin, it grows on you after a while.

Yeah, I am definitely seeing that. Well, one thing I won't do is tell mods or "the man" here how to run the show. That's up to them... and thick skin, I definitely have. :)

Saccopoo 05-08-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9667412)

**** off Dick Cheney Jr.

BigCatDaddy 05-08-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9667392)

Alex is going to have to be something he has never been for that to happen. I have major concerns about them addressing the QBOTF. First was the price tag they paid which was the equivalent of a 1st round pick and next is the likely support Alex will gain amongst "TrueFans" from the inevitable improvement on the 2-4 win seasons. We could have made moves to stock pile picks next year to make moves if that was the plan and we didn't.

I'm not so sure I see anyone but Alex being the QB for the next 2 years minimum(most likely 3-4) and I think the fan base had waited long enough to find their franchise QB only to be saddled with trying to be "coompetitive" now and mortgage the future. I hope your right, but the honest truth is their are a lot of signs that point to them believing Alex is their guy for likely 4 years , just like ***** had planned for Cassell while we were are in denial about that.

You have to remember Alex was only "successful" when Harbaugh came in and turned the 9ers in the Marty Chiefs. The less attempts Alex got the better his numbers became. So now we bring in a head coach who is known for throwing the ball all over the yard and we are expecting Alex to be successul doing something that he has shown to suck as going? It seems like we are trying to mix oil and water here.

patteeu 05-08-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9667424)
**** off Dick Cheney Jr.

Thank you!

patteeu 05-08-2013 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9667429)
Alex is going to have to be something he has never been for that to happen. I have major concerns about them addressing the QBOTF. First was the price tag they paid which was the equivalent of a 1st round pick and next is the likely support Alex will gain amongst "TrueFans" from the inevitable improvement on the 2-4 win seasons. We could have made moves to stock pile picks next year to make moves if that was the plan and we didn't.

I'm not so sure I see anyone but Alex being the QB for the next 2 years minimum(most likely 3-4) and I think the fan base had waited long enough to find their franchise QB only to be saddled with trying to be "coompetitive" now and mortgage the future. I hope your right, but the honest truth is their are a lot of signs that point to them believing Alex is their guy for likely 4 years , just like ***** had planned for Cassell while we were are in denial about that.

That's not incompatible with what Saccopoo said though. If they draft a QBotF 2 or 3 years from now, they still may need Alex Smith around if he needs to sit for a year or two like Kaepernick, Favre, and Rodgers did, to name a few.

Mother****erJones 05-08-2013 08:18 AM

It's gona be a pleasure to watch a competitive football team. I want my own drafted QB like everyone but I don't want another 2 win season