ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith Traded to Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270464)

Ming the Merciless 02-27-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvin49 (Post 9447088)
In all honesty I was surprised by the compensation, but I actually do think he'll play well there.

after 150 posts, a TINY bit of honesty, finally

**** off, marvin

duncan_idaho 02-27-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCommand (Post 9447043)
Wow, Niner fan here...

We understand your displeasure with past FA QB's brought in but man, you are getting a top 10 QB and a guy who can hit the ground running. Geno? LMAO! You should be happy Andy is your coach. After the meltdown and threats to kill each other, we can talk football...and why this is a win-win for everyone! Best of luck next year and remember, we hate the Raiders as much as you do!

LMAO! indeed.

Top 10 NFL QB? LMAO!

The Franchise 02-27-2013 03:47 PM

Pat Kirwan ‏@PatKirwanCBS

getting more negative responses to the Alex Smith trade from Chief fans than I expected. Chief fans feel like they 've done this before

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-27-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Wow, Niner fan here...

We understand your displeasure with past FA QB's brought in but man, you are getting a top 10 QB and a guy who can hit the ground running. Geno? LMAO! You should be happy Andy is your coach. After the meltdown and threats to kill each other, we can talk football...and why this is a win-win for everyone! Best of luck next year and remember, we hate the Raiders as much as you do!

I hope someone smothers you with the AIDS quilt.

I hate the 49ers more than the Raiders now. Perhaps as much as the Patriots. They are the pusher that turned my beloved into a herpes-infested slattern.

BryanBusby 02-27-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9447131)

getting more negative responses to the Alex Smith trade from Chief fans than I expected. Chief fans feel like they 've done this before

Well ****ing imagine that

Marvin49 02-27-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9447119)
after 150 posts, a TINY bit of honesty, finally

**** off, marvin

I actually said that this morning when it was announced...but it kinda got buried

The Bad Guy 02-27-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Wow, Niner fan here...

Get ****ed. Top 10 QB, blow that smoke out your ass.

Don't come on here and patronize us like we haven't watched the NFL or know exactly what Alex Smith is. Patriots fans tried to do the same thing.

You know who it's a win for? Your team and only your team.

AndChiefs 02-27-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9447131)

I don't understand...we've never traded for other teams castoffs.

ZootedGranny 02-27-2013 03:52 PM

This feels like An Occurence at Owl Creek Bridge. Just as we reach our quarterback, we snap back to reality, Reid and Dorsey plunging us to our death.

The Franchise 02-27-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9447163)
Get ****ed. Top 10 QB, blow that smoke out your ass.

Don't come on here and patronize us like we haven't watched the NFL or know exactly what Alex Smith is. Patriots fans tried to do the same thing.

You know who it's a win for? Your team and only your team.

Have you heard anything from your guy about this bullshit?

NCommand 02-27-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvin49 (Post 9447117)
Its funny....its worse in here than in the good ol' days of Ninertalk

It just gets better...AIDS quilt, fire, etc.

No wonder why God hates their team!

Ming the Merciless 02-27-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZootedGranny (Post 9447177)
This feels like An Occurence at Owl Creek Bridge. Just as we reach our quarterback, we snap back to reality, Reid and Dorsey plunging us to our death.

Jeopardy

The Bad Guy 02-27-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9447180)
Have you heard anything from your guy about this bullshit?

Just replied to your PM, but for everyone else. I know what I was told on Sunday and that was no comment about it. With the way my last 48 hours has gone, this is just the cherry on top of the shit sundae.

Jay Glazer is as rock solid as you can get though so it's definitely happening.

The franchise is cursed and when GMs and coaches sign on here, they turn into garbage.

Carl Peterson's voice is still in this organization somewhere because that's all he wants. Veterans.

To give up the 34th and a potential 2nd next year for a guy that was fetching at most a 3rd from other teams just makes me numb.

The Bad Guy 02-27-2013 04:01 PM

What truly annoys me is that I'm reading a lot of "this deal was done before the combine started" talk.

Setsuna 02-27-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvin49 (Post 9447101)
No. :D

LMAO your sentencing has just begun. Say this again in a week. You won't last.

AndChiefs 02-27-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9447225)
Just replied to your PM, but for everyone else. I know what I was told on Sunday and that was no comment about it. With the way my last 48 hours has gone, this is just the cherry on top of the shit sundae.

The franchise is cursed and when GMs and coaches sign on here, they turn into garbage.

Carl Peterson's voice is still in this organization somewhere because that's all he wants. Veterans.

To give up the 34th and a potential 2nd next year for a guy that was fetching at most a 3rd from other teams just makes me numb.

Yep you can hear the champagne corks popping in San Fran all the way over here in Texas.

The Franchise 02-27-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9447235)
What truly annoys me is that I'm reading a lot of "this deal was done before the combine started" talk.

****ing pathetic. They never even tried.

DaKCMan AP 02-27-2013 04:03 PM

Bill Plaschke, resident **** up on PTI, loves the move. That's like CoMo loving the move.

R8RFAN 02-27-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 9447243)
Yep you can hear the champagne corks popping in San Fran all the way over here in Texas.

thats not corks thats buttholes

O.city 02-27-2013 04:04 PM

Wait, they made this deal before the combine? Tells you all you need to know about what they thought about these QB's I guess. Damn.

opposition 02-27-2013 04:04 PM

What I find funny is that you guys are mad about this, yet you're only solution is Geno Smith or Matt Flynn... .. .

That's smart.

opposition 02-27-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9447255)
Bill Plaschke, resident **** up on PTI, loves the move. That's like CoMo loving the move.

It's called being smart. And I think your front office approves as well. But you guys are a horrible fan base so I understand.

Rausch 02-27-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9447259)
Wait, they made this deal before the combine? Tells you all you need to know about what they thought about these QB's I guess. Damn.

Tells me all I need to know about the new FO...

DaKCMan AP 02-27-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by opposition (Post 9447262)
What I find funny is that you guys are mad about this, yet you're only solution is Geno Smith or Matt Flynn... .. .

That's smart.

Who the **** is advocating for Matt Flynn? Get bent, cockface.

Rausch 02-27-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

That's smart.

We had the first pick in the draft and cap space.

Our options were almost unlimited...

DeezNutz 02-27-2013 04:06 PM

I was less pissed when we traded a fourth for Herm.

xela510 02-27-2013 04:07 PM

I love it

Dayze 02-27-2013 04:07 PM

Troll is obvious

xela510 02-27-2013 04:08 PM

Alex Smith is a good qb, the Chiefs will go 9-7 or 8-8 next year.

The Bad Guy 02-27-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

That's smart.

You know what's smart?

Not you.

That wasn't the only options. There were plenty of options that should have been explored before you pump in 2 ****ing 2nd round picks for a guy who could manage games and not win them.

Eat shit.

kcpasco 02-27-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by opposition (Post 9447264)
It's called being smart. And I think your front office approves as well. But you guys are a horrible fan base so I understand.

Says the guy who's team just went to the Superbowl while benching Smith.

EAT SHIT

tomahawk kid 02-27-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Frank - have you heard anything to the tune of SWAPPING 2nd rounders with the Niners ala the John Clayton rumor from earlier?

mcaj22 02-27-2013 04:08 PM

not ONLY do we clear cap room for the 49ers but they are going to flip the picks in a package to the Jets to get Revis.

so like, how can this FO be so ****ing stupid to throw another team a huge bone/favor like this. I dont understand

This is like having a girlfriend and sending her naked photos to an exboyfriend just because

Dayze 02-27-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

That's smart.

gee, you're not a mult or anything.

if so, at least that's acceptable/common

but if you're a noob and think this, then you're full-on nuclear level reeruned.

BlackHelicopters 02-27-2013 04:09 PM

We no longer hold any cards. Sad.

Mother****erJones 02-27-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9444791)
Yep.

Go back to your ****ing bundle of stickss board. God go away no one gives 2 shits about you or your bets

htismaqe 02-27-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9447265)
Tells me all I need to know about the new FO...

Yep.

O.city 02-27-2013 04:09 PM

Its a second and a conditional 3 next year. Jesus we got railed there. We'll probably extend him to boot.

007 02-27-2013 04:09 PM

Well this is ****ing horrible news to wake up to.

htismaqe 02-27-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xela510 (Post 9447281)
Alex Smith is a good qb, the Chiefs will go 9-7 or 8-8 next year.

That's all anybody can ask for, amirite?

opposition 02-27-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9447266)
Who the **** is advocating for Matt Flynn? Get bent, cockface.

Then what other options do you have? You really want to waste a pick on Geno? Can you tell me the last QB you have drafted that has made a playoff appearence? 25 years if I'm not mistaken. Wait I am mistaken that is a single win... 25 years...

THat's impressive.

dirk digler 02-27-2013 04:10 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...as-is-for-now/

Quote:

Chiefs apparently taking Alex Smith contract as is, for now

Posted by Mike Florio on February 27, 2013, 4:19 PM EST

The Chiefs are giving up plenty for quarterback Alex Smith — especially since he’s under contract for only two more years.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, there have been no discussions regarding a possible extension of Smith’s contract by the Chiefs.As a practical matter, a new contract would be negotiated and finalized after the trade becomes official, if the Chiefs want to extend the deal beyond 2014.

Of course, Smith has to want to do it, too. He may decide to see how things play out in Kansas City before committing to the team on a long-term basis.

Smith is due to earn $8.5 million in 2013. His contract becomes fully guaranteed on April 1.

BradBigglestein 02-27-2013 04:11 PM

Wow, I am totally shocked. Just a few weeks ago people surmised if the Niners couldn't trade him, they would cut him, and all the talk about them keeping Alex Smith was posturing. A 2nd round and possibly another 2nd rounder is an extremely high price for a team that didn't have all the leverage in the world.

I could see Reid wanting to trade down now to recoup some of the lost picks.

I also wonder if the Cardinals offered the Niners a crazy offer and Reid wanted Smith so badly that he thought he had to match it.

I'm still trying to digest this. The Chiefs impact what the Eagles do in the draft, so I'll definitely be keeping a close eye. I hope it works out for the Chiefs, I really do.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-27-2013 04:11 PM

He knew we were dumb enough....

Tim Kawakami‏@timkawakami

NFL source: Alex Smith recently gave the 49ers an informal list of preferred teams. No demand, just a list. KC was at or near the top.

DaKCMan AP 02-27-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by opposition (Post 9447299)
Then what other options do you have? You really want to waste a pick on Geno? Can you tell me the last QB you have drafted that has made a playoff appearence? 25 years if I'm not mistaken. Wait I am mistaken that is a single win... 25 years...

THat's impressive.

We haven't drafted a QB in the 1st round in 30 years you insufferable ****ing shit stain.

ChiefsCountry 02-27-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Like I said earlier - Peterson was just catering to the market research and fans just love them 10-6 football. He knew thats all he needed to do. Dude was a smarter man than alot of us give him credit for.

xela510 02-27-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9447297)
That's all anybody can ask for, amirite?

Did you expect to win the superbowl or make the playoffs this year or something? lol Geno Smith is not the answer and will be a scrub in the NFL.

mcaj22 02-27-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9447312)
He knew we were dumb enough....

Tim Kawakami‏@timkawakami

NFL source: Alex Smith recently gave the 49ers an informal list of preferred teams. No demand, just a list. KC was at or near the top.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Alex Smith wants to play here

**** my crappy life

RyFo18 02-27-2013 04:12 PM

They're going to turn the #34 pick (and something??) into Darrelle Revis. Good luck every other team.

The Bad Guy 02-27-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid (Post 9447284)
Frank - have you heard anything to the tune of SWAPPING 2nd rounders with the Niners ala the John Clayton rumor from earlier?

No I haven't.

BryanBusby 02-27-2013 04:13 PM

I don't see how it ****ing works out.

Situation 1: Do you really want to make it rain contract $$$ on ****ing Alex Smith?
Situation 2: Do you really want to send that much in terms of picks for someone whose going to be around 2 seasons max for not good value?

Jesus what a stupid ****ing trade.

opposition 02-27-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9447292)
Go back to your ****ing pillowbiters board. God go away no one gives 2 shits about you or your bets

We're laughing our asses off at you guys. It's honestly hilarious. I have been to many other boards but you guys... Wow... It's like a elementary school board. Thanks for the entertainment.

QUe the Go **** your mom response.:huh:

BlackHelicopters 02-27-2013 04:13 PM

We traded for Matt Cassel so we could cut Matt Cassel? Fear and loathing.

htismaqe 02-27-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xela510 (Post 9447316)
Did you expect to win the superbowl or make the playoffs this year or something? lol Geno Smith is not the answer and will be a scrub in the NFL.

Of course not.

But I'd like to win one in MY ****ING LIFETIME.

As opposed to being 9-7 EVERY YEAR FOR FOREVER with Alex ****ing Smith.

mcaj22 02-27-2013 04:13 PM

his contract is FULLY guaranteed in a ****ing MONTH

holy ****ing **** this crap

so even if hes terrible in training camp, and the beginning of the season, we are on the hook for that 8.5 million no matter how bad. So he gets 8.5 million as a Chief before ever playing a game as a Chief.

That is pathetic.

DaKCMan AP 02-27-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by opposition (Post 9447326)
We're laughing our asses off at you guys. It's honestly hilarious. I have been to many other boards but you guys... Wow... It's like a elementary school board. Thanks for the entertainment.

Go **** your mom.

Rausch 02-27-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by opposition (Post 9447299)

THat's impressive.

We've never drafted a QB that's won us a playoff game.

We've only drafted one QB in the 1st round.

Hmmmmmmm....

tomahawk kid 02-27-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9447322)
No I haven't.

Well shit......

BryanBusby 02-27-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9447334)

so even if hes terrible in training camp, and the beginning of the season, we are on the hook for that 8.5 million no matter how bad. So he gets 8.5 million as a Chief before ever playing a game as a Chief.

That is pathetic.

holy ****ing shit this is like a bad acid trip

ChiefsCountry 02-27-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9447335)
Go **** your mom.

Carry on with the troll bashing but looking at your sig, the Chiefs traded for all of those guys expect Grbac. He was a UFA. That makes it even worst IMO.

The Franchise 02-27-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9447334)

That is pathetic.

Just wait until we sign him to an extension.

O.city 02-27-2013 04:16 PM

It's reported that Reid LOVES Alex Smith. He's here for the long haul. Get used to it.

The Bad Guy 02-27-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by opposition (Post 9447326)

You're from San Francisco who are you kidding?

Go **** your 2 dads.

DaKCMan AP 02-27-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9447346)
Carry on with the troll bashing but looking at your sig, the Chiefs traded for all of those guys expect Grbac. He was a UFA. That makes it even worst IMO.

Trade, UFA, whatever... they're castoffs. We've failed over and over and over... and continue to repeat history.

The Bad Guy 02-27-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9447354)
It's reported that Reid LOVES Alex Smith. He's here for the long haul. Get used to it.

I don't put too much stock in he's getting an extension. They have 2 years to play out.

He may love him now, but Reid will hopefully change.

opposition 02-27-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

What does Reid know? But I say we sign Foles who has a couple good games under who? Reid can make Foles look great, but he can't do the same for a much better player?

xela510 02-27-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9447332)
Of course not.

But I'd like to win one in MY ****ING LIFETIME.

As opposed to being 9-7 EVERY YEAR FOR FOREVER with Alex ****ing Smith.

Honestly, the Chiefs have potential to be a playoff team within the next 5 years with Alex. He's not an elite qb but he will get the job done (unless Andy Reid ****s up like he did this year with the Eagles) Now, the trade was dumb with the 2nd rounder and more for Alex. As a 49er fan, I was just hoping for a 3rd rounder or to swap 2nd round picks.

O.city 02-27-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9447359)
I don't put too much stock in he's getting an extension. They have 2 years to play out.

Based on what they gave up, I'd say they're planning on him being here for a while.

R8RFAN 02-27-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Who knows, Reid may know something... I would give him a chance before I threw him off the cliff

The Franchise 02-27-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9447359)

2 years of suck is better than 4 years of suck....I guess.

The Bad Guy 02-27-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9447366)
Based on what they gave up, I'd say they're planning on him being here for a while.

I think when the final compensation is announced it will be different.

I know people who know Dorsey and they say the guy just doesn't throw away draft picks.

beer bacon 02-27-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9447391)

I know people who know Dorsey and they say the guy just doesn't throw away draft picks.

Dorsey is just setting the market for the monster Casshole trade on the horizon.

O.city 02-27-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9447391)

I dunno, the fact that it's been confirmed by 2 or 3 sources that it's our second this year and a comp 3 next year speaks differently.

RyFo18 02-27-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xela510 (Post 9447363)
Honestly, the Chiefs have potential to be a playoff team within the next 5 years with Alex.

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.n...elebrate-3.gif

The Bad Guy 02-27-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9447406)
I dunno, the fact that it's been confirmed by 2 or 3 sources that it's our second this year and a comp 3 next year speaks differently.

That compensation may be what's going to SF's way, but I would be shocked if they weren't sending anything with Alex Smith.

The Franchise 02-27-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9447429)
That compensation may be what's going to SF's way, but I would be shocked if they weren't sending anything with Alex Smith.

It better be a franchise tagged Goldson.

DeezNutz 02-27-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

I would be shocked if they weren't sending anything with Alex Smith.

They are; it's AIDS.

ToxSocks 02-27-2013 04:25 PM

Coming to a stadium near you:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r_N5TCcAjkQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

O.city 02-27-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

There has to be something coming back our way. Dashon Goldson, draft pick, something.

There is no ****ing way this FO is that stupid and myopic to make this trade. If they do, they absolutely have to be held accountable to winning now. No learning, transition year etc.

ceebz 02-27-2013 04:27 PM

Alex Smith - 9 300 yard games in 80 starts. 4 in the last two seasons.

What the **** am I missing here?