ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   *****OFFICIAL 2014 CP Mock Draft***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282559)

Mav 04-10-2014 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 10554597)
Nice pick, Mav.

They do need online lol

Sfeihc 04-10-2014 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10554600)
They do need online lol

Would Jeff Ireland still have his job if he had just dealt for Albert last year?

Instead that dumbass exposed his prised qb to another season of a David Carr-like beatin' AND lost his job. Ol' mama Gump had it right. Stupid is as stupid does.

Mav 04-10-2014 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 10554609)
Would Jeff Ireland still have his job if he had just dealt for Albert last year?

I'm not sure about that. Too many distractions in the locker room. 4 of the 5 linemen were involved. Not sure even super Albert fixes that!

BossChief 04-10-2014 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10554586)
Miami selects og joel bitonio nevada

Serious question.

Would you have made this pick if direckshun hadn't listed him earlier?

Mav 04-10-2014 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10554625)

Serious question.

Would you have made this pick if direckshun hadn't listed him earlier?

Never saw directions comments. Barely have time to scratch my balls lol

BossChief 04-10-2014 08:42 PM

Oh well. I kinda knew I should have taken him with the Falcons third rounder, but I couldn't pass up on Niklas.

Good pick and a fantastic value.

TambaBerry 04-10-2014 08:46 PM

Pick coming up just letting you guys know

BossChief 04-10-2014 08:52 PM

We're waiting

RealSNR 04-10-2014 08:59 PM

Would love to get my pick in tonight.

Hope DaKCMan and O.City are still up.

TambaBerry 04-10-2014 09:03 PM

The Chicago Bears select Dion Bailey S USC I fought between 4 different players for this selection. I had to go with safety though and this guy is a run stopping safety where the Bears really need help. He also played some OLB in college but he is definitely a safety in the NFL. I am sure the Bears could find a fit for him in their defense.

Titty Meat 04-10-2014 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10554138)
Done.

Thanks today was a busy day at work sorry i didnt make my pick sooner guys.

BossChief 04-10-2014 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dingleberry (Post 10554739)
The Chicago Bears select Dion Bailey S USC I fought between 4 different players for this selection. I had to go with safety though and this guy is a run stopping safety where the Bears really need help. He also played some OLB in college but he is definitely a safety in the NFL. I am sure the Bears could find a fit for him in their defense.

You mother****ers are pissing me off lately.

You know who else used to be a college tweener safety/linebacker that the bears drafted?

Direckshun 04-10-2014 09:32 PM

SNR's balls are rectangular.

TambaBerry 04-10-2014 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10554830)

You know who else used to be a college tweener safety/linebacker that the bears drafted?

Urlacher?

Direckshun 04-10-2014 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10554830)

You know what you could do to show them who's boss?

Draft you some Gator, that's what.

DaKCMan AP 04-11-2014 05:05 AM

The Jaguars are signing Alex Mack to an offer sheet today. The Browns may match, but even if they do it may only be a 2 year deal with the voidable 3rd year.

The Cleveland Browns select Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas

the Talking Can 04-11-2014 07:41 AM

let's do this, i want to see who the chiefs take

DE/DL?

Direckshun 04-11-2014 07:43 AM

The value is in the trenches right now.

Plug that hole at G, or bring on a great pass rushing talent.

O.city 04-11-2014 07:45 AM

Cardinals select, jackson Jeffcoat, oob Texas

Sfeihc 04-11-2014 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 10555274)
let's do this, i want to see who the chiefs take

DE/DL?

Can, right now the possibilities are endless. Had Marcus Smith fallen to their pick it would have made things easy. It's going to be a very tough choice. Great talent left across the board.

The Franchise 04-11-2014 07:53 AM

I have the Eagles pick from Maverick.

the Talking Can 04-11-2014 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 10555285)
Can, right now the possibilities are endless. Had Marcus Smith fallen to their pick it would have made things easy. It's going to be a very tough choice. Great talent left across the board.

yeah

and it will be interesting to see how the value of our first pick changes based on this one...

i.e., should we have gone WR in the 3rd and something else in the first, all hypothetical of course

The Franchise 04-11-2014 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 10555296)
yeah

and it will be interesting to see how the value of our first pick changes based on this one...

i.e., should we have gone WR in the 3rd and something else in the first, all hypothetical of course

Right now? I'm not a huge fan of a lot of the WRs that are left.

DaKCMan AP 04-11-2014 07:59 AM

SNR is taking for-ev-er....

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xj3208tlSE...r-forever1.gif

it's been 15 minutes! C'mon man!

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs5/3012035_o.gif

Sfeihc 04-11-2014 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10555299)
Right now? I'm not a huge fan of a lot of the WRs that are left.

SMOKESCREEN

OldSchool 04-11-2014 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10555284)
Cardinals select, jackson Jeffcoat, oob Texas

I don't know what to think about Jeffcoat. Tested really well and has good production, but he looks stiff and plays too upright for me most of the time.

Sfeihc 04-11-2014 08:17 AM

SNR and D picked a fine time to have their make up sex. At least this has given me time to narrow the field to my top three candidates.

Direckshun 04-11-2014 09:11 AM

This is getting ri-god-damn-diculous.

RealSNR 04-11-2014 09:13 AM

O.City brah, you really suck at this. PM the next owner, man.

The Packers don't care about some of the other big boards out there. This player is far more valuable to them in terms of need and system. With AJ Hawk and Brad Jones playing like brokedicks the past few years, this guy should be able to contribute immediately and possibly even start by midseason. He's the perfect fit for the 3-4 the Packers run, and they're not going to take chances on letting him slip by just because there are good offensive linemen to be had. There are ALWAYS good offensive linemen to be had, and even if they did want to go that route, the one player they wanted (Travis Swanson) was taken two picks before.

The Green Bay Packers select Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford

RealSNR 04-11-2014 09:15 AM

Pest has been PMed for the Eagles selection

The Franchise 04-11-2014 09:15 AM

Maverick PMd me his selection.

The Philadelphia Eagles select Terrence Mitchell, FS, Oregon

chiefscafan 04-11-2014 09:16 AM

Damn u SNR that was saints pick oh well back to drawing board

chiefscafan 04-11-2014 09:17 AM

Hmm chiefs pick will be interesting

The Franchise 04-11-2014 09:18 AM

All updated.

Sfeihc 04-11-2014 09:18 AM

With their third round selection in the Chiefs Planet Mock Draft the Kansas City Chiefs select Dakota Dozier, G, Furman.

There were a few OL I went back and forth on but the more I studied Dozier the more I liked. There just wasn't an OLB/DE that I liked more than Dozier.

OldSchool 04-11-2014 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10555458)
Maverick PMd me his selection.

The Philadelphia Eagles select Terrence Mitchell, FS, Oregon

You think he's a better fit at FS than CB?

chiefscafan 04-11-2014 09:20 AM

Crap last three picks were all my picks give me a second here

RealSNR 04-11-2014 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 10555475)
With their third round selection in the Chiefs Planet Mock Draft the Kansas City Chiefs select Dakota Dozier, G, Furman.

There were a few OL I went back and forth on but the more I studied Dozier the more I liked. There just wasn't an OLB/DE that I liked more than Dozier.

You would.

The Franchise 04-11-2014 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10555478)
You think he's a better fit at FS than CB?

Don't ask me....I didn't make the selection.

Sfeihc 04-11-2014 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10555486)
You would.

but of course....:)

The Franchise 04-11-2014 09:26 AM

Quote:

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/att...gb-boo-man.gif

Sfeihc 04-11-2014 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10555493)

This means it must be an awesome pick!

OldSchool 04-11-2014 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10555489)
Don't ask me....I didn't make the selection.

Oh, my bad, lol. Thought it was your pick.

Direckshun 04-11-2014 09:36 AM

I would have taken Chris Smith, who I love, but Dozier could become the beat guard in this draft. I think he's an excellent pick.

the Talking Can 04-11-2014 09:36 AM

Quote:

well, not sexy..but i don't anything about the guy

interesting that the chiefs go offense twice even though the defense is the liability...but that's how the board falls

Sfeihc 04-11-2014 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10555515)
I would have taken Chris Smith, who I love, but Dozier could become the beat guard in this draft. I think he's an excellent pick.

Smith was in the mix, D.

Direckshun 04-11-2014 09:38 AM

You guys don't even know. Dozier can flat out run for a guy his size.

I think he looks very powerful, too. I think he's a plug and play with Pro Bowl upside.

RealSNR 04-11-2014 09:38 AM

My beef with Dozier is that odds are he's going to be relegated to being a backup his rookie year.

We already have Linkenbach and for that matter Rishaw Johnson. Dozier might have greater potential than either of those guys, but in the meantime we're still having problems with who to start at RG.

Basically we're looking at starting Rishaw Johnson and hoping that he's worth it as a starter. If that's the case, then Dozier will ideally replace Jeff Allen when his contract expires. I really don't see Dozier being capable of starting for us in his rookie year. He's going to get Eric Fisher'd.

And just... yeah. I don't like that.

The Franchise 04-11-2014 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10555522)
My beef with Dozier is that odds are he's going to be relegated to being a backup his rookie year.

We already have Linkenbach and for that matter Rishaw Johnson. Dozier might have greater potential than either of those guys, but in the meantime we're still having problems with who to start at RG.

Basically we're looking at starting Rishaw Johnson and hoping that he's worth it as a starter. If that's the case, then Dozier will ideally replace Jeff Allen when his contract expires. I really don't see Dozier being capable of starting for us in his rookie year. He's going to get Eric Fisher'd.

And just... yeah. I don't like that.

If we draft Dozier....then I would rather see Johnson move to LG, Dozier start at RG and Allen become the swing tackle.

Direckshun 04-11-2014 09:40 AM

Who would you folks have taken there? I would have seriously considered NT help there as well. McCullers or Zach Kerr.

Chief Roundup 04-11-2014 09:40 AM

Quote:

This guy would have been available in the 4th. Horrible pick.

RealSNR 04-11-2014 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10555520)
You guys don't even know. Dozier can flat out run for a guy his size.

I think he looks very powerful, too. I think he's a plug and play with Pro Bowl upside.

I don't see that happening at all.

Sfeihc 04-11-2014 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 10555517)
well, not sexy..but i don't anything about the guy

interesting that the chiefs go offense twice even though the defense is the liability...but that's how the board falls

I don't see their defense as a liability as much as the holes on offense and special teams especially after the losses in free agency.

RealSNR 04-11-2014 09:42 AM

And yes, this is all coming from the guy who drafted Barrett Jones in the 3rd round last year for the Chiefs. What of it?

Sfeihc 04-11-2014 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 10555528)
This guy would have been available in the 4th. Horrible pick.

You need to elaborate if you want a constructive response. He wouldn't have been there in the fourth in this draft or the real one barring unforeseen circumstances.(injury, drug bust etc.)

the Talking Can 04-11-2014 09:49 AM

is there anyone in the 3rd that wouldn't be a backup initially?

guard is the only position i can think of that even has a chance to allow a draft pick to start

OldSchool 04-11-2014 09:51 AM

If I'm not mistaken, Cyril Richardson and Billy Turner are still available in the trenches correct? I would have taken either of those two over Dozier.

chiefscafan 04-11-2014 09:52 AM

Cinncinati Bengals Selects:

Trevor Reily OLB UTAH

Ok so why Reily he is great value at this point he is a late second early third. He can play the SLB position where Bengals are weak. Wanted to take Swanson but was selected previously will just have to get a center later. Bengals have two extra picks because of comp picks. Bengals feel they can plug holes on team and and extra talent as well.

Chief Roundup 04-11-2014 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 10555535)
You need to elaborate if you want a constructive response. He wouldn't have been there in the fourth in this draft or the real one barring unforeseen circumstances.(injury, drug bust etc.)

Maybe or maybe not. I know they are just mock drafts and such but the ones that I have seen have Dozier going in the 4th or 5th round.
We need a more immediate impact player from our 3rd this year.
Jamaal Charles and Justin Houston were both 3rd rounds in meh draft years. That is what we should be shooting for here with this pick.

Direckshun 04-11-2014 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10555525)
If we draft Dozier....then I would rather see Johnson move to LG, Dozier start at RG and Allen become the swing tackle.

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiinteresting....

Chief Roundup 04-11-2014 09:55 AM

This is where taking a WR in the first was a bad idea. We should have taken a top defensive talent there and a WR here in the 3rd because of the depth or lack of of both positions.

Direckshun 04-11-2014 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10555529)
I don't see that happening at all.

Well, then guess who's wrong.

He's as pro-ready as Mike Iupati.

OldSchool 04-11-2014 09:57 AM

Would anyone here take Attaochu over Dee Ford? I think that I would.

Sfeihc 04-11-2014 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10555553)
If I'm not mistaken, Cyril Richardson and Billy Turner are still available in the trenches correct? I would have taken either of those two over Dozier.

Old, I have a general rule of thumb not to name names because I don't want to screw up someone's pick down the line. Outside of Dieckshun I don't know how much homework these guys do and what their sources are but they can't be all that different from the ones I use to evaluate prospects.
However, once somebody does name a specific name I'll comment on it much like D bringing up Chris Smith. These two fellas(Hunter and Richardson) were the others I considered for the Chiefs pick and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they went in that direction on draft day.
Much like the same way I took Dennard over Gilbert for the Lions I feel compelled to take the player I like the most.

Direckshun 04-11-2014 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 10555549)

guard is the only position i can think of that even has a chance to allow a draft pick to start

That's not how you should be considering it.

OldSchool 04-11-2014 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 10555570)
Old, I have a general rule of thumb not to name names because I don't want to screw up someone's pick down the line. Outside of Dieckshun I don't know how much homework these guys do and what their sources are but they can't be all that different from the ones I use to evaluate prospects.
However, once somebody does name a specific name I'll comment on it much like D bringing up Chris Smith. These two fellas(Hunter and Richardson) were the others I considered for the Chiefs pick and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they went in that direction on draft day.
Much like the same way I took Dennard over Gilbert for the Lions I feel compelled to take the player I like the most.

Nothing wrong with that.

Sfeihc 04-11-2014 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10555574)

Right, in the third round I'm looking for guy who can be a long term starter at a high level in any draft but especially this one.:thumb:

RealSNR 04-11-2014 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 10555549)

Most likely not, although I've got a lot of guys in mind who play other positions that would have been more valuable as rookie depth.

Sfeihc said he didn't like the OLB talent at that spot and neither do I for that matter. There are, however, some fantastic CBs that I would have taken before any of the available guards. The two Florida CBs Watkins and Purifoy would have been considerations as well as Rashaad Reynolds, who would be an instant special teams contributor and a multi-skilled CB who wouldn't be caught without his dick against the Broncos when the receivers run different coverages to beat press man (when we actually ARE playing press man 4% of the time... ****ing Sutton)

the Talking Can 04-11-2014 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10555574)

i 'm not...but the criticism of the pick being a back up was out there

i'm not clued in enough to college football this year to have any idea who we should take past the first round

Sfeihc 04-11-2014 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 10555595)
i 'm not...but the criticism of the pick being a back up was out there

i'm not clued in enough to college football this year to have any idea who we should take past the first round

When you draft a player you want him to come in and earn the position. Teams get in trouble when they just hand a player a position as a rookie without him earning it.

That being said who on the CHIEFS is Dozier going to be backing up next season?

Allen and Linkenbach are nothing special. D, is high on Johnson but at the end of the day there is only one game of tape to go on with him. Dozier has a large learning curve coming from Furman to the NFL but he has the ability to excel in this league for a long time.

The CHIEFS OL with this pick as it stands today;
LT-Fisher, Stephenson
LG-Allen, Dozier
C- Hudson, Kush
RG-Johnson, Dozier
RT-Stephenson, Linkenbach

Sfeihc 04-11-2014 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 10555561)
This is where taking a WR in the first was a bad idea. We should have taken a top defensive talent there and a WR here in the 3rd because of the depth or lack of of both positions.

When Marqise Lee is on-the-board you pass at your own risk. He fill two huge needs for the CHIEFS with one pick, #2 WR and PR/KR.

chiefscafan 04-11-2014 10:27 AM

Sorry gotta be honest when I went to San Diego Kush and Johnson stuck out dominating. Hudson was first team all american at guard if people remember. If I were the chiefs I'd do this:

LT Fisher
LG Hudson
C. Kush
RG Johnson
RT. Stephenson

Chief Roundup 04-11-2014 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 10555618)
He fill two huge needs for the CHIEFS with one pick, #2 WR and PR/KR.

Those very same needs could have been satisfied right here in the 3rd round as well. The KR/PR may have already been filed with moves that we have already made. Remember it almost always takes a WR a couple years to be able to produce much in the NFL.

chiefscafan 04-11-2014 10:28 AM

I love lee don't think it's a bad pick dozier isn't a bad pick

The Franchise 04-11-2014 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 10555625)
Sorry gotta be honest when I went to San Diego Kush and Johnson stuck out dominating. Hudson was first team all american at guard if people remember. If I were the chiefs I'd do this:

LT Fisher
LG Hudson
C. Kush
RG Johnson
RT. Stephenson

Kush didn't dominate against San Diego.

Sfeihc 04-11-2014 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 10555626)
Those very same needs could have been satisfied right here in the 3rd round as well. The KR/PR may have already been filed with moves that we have already made. Remember it almost always takes a WR a couple years to be able to produce much in the NFL.

Which moves would those be?

the Talking Can 04-11-2014 10:29 AM

before his knee injury, Lee was maybe the most electric player in college football...he was unstoppable, on a not very good team

i'm taking the risk on him in the 1st

chiefscafan 04-11-2014 10:30 AM

Pest I was at the game trust me kush and Johnson more than held their own

Chief Roundup 04-11-2014 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 10555631)
Which moves would those be?

Outside of those that were already on the team. I am referring to the additions of Joe McKnight and Weston Dressler.

chiefscafan 04-11-2014 10:32 AM

Marquis Lee is an outstanding playmaker and is an incredible pick at 23. If he's there which I'm not sure jets or eagles pass on him