ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games XBox 360 General Discussion thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150892)

Ceej 01-15-2008 12:34 PM

Nobody wants to play NCAA2k8 with me? Grrr..

My day off, you bitches. Lets play some XBL.

gamertag - chyeahhh son

Lzen 01-15-2008 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles
Nobody wants to play NCAA2k8 with me? Grrr..

My day off, you bitches. Lets play some XBL.

gamertag - chyeahhh son

Sry, I bought that game on the PS2 before I got my 360. I love it but I doubt I'm gonna blow another $60 for the 360 version. I'm also at work so I wouldn't be able to play now anyways.

Ceej 01-15-2008 02:47 PM

Lzen, you own COD4 right?

I don't have $60 to dish out either. However, I thought about renting it today and XBL'ing it up. Would you be in? If not, you're a big wuss.

007 01-15-2008 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer
have they released the free arcade game yet?

Nope.

Lzen 01-16-2008 03:16 PM

Quote:

Lzen, you own COD4 right?

I don't have $60 to dish out either. However, I thought about renting it today and XBL'ing it up. Would you be in? If not, you're a big wuss.

Yes, I own COD4. Maybe tonight. I might get on there tonight.

XBL tag is feedback71

Kraus 01-17-2008 08:21 AM

Devil May Cry 4 demo coming later this month:

http://xbox360.qj.net/Devil-May-Cry-.../49/aid/111792

JBucc 01-18-2008 02:59 PM

http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/default.aspx

Undertow will be free on xbox live arcade next week.

QuikSsurfer 01-18-2008 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBucc
http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/default.aspx

Undertow will be free on xbox live arcade next week.

I'm okay with this. It is the highest rated and best looking game on xbl arcade. And i don't own it.

007 01-18-2008 09:53 PM

Quote:

I'm okay with this. It is the highest rated and best looking game on xbl arcade. And i don't own it.

Looks interesting. None of the reviews I am reading make me think it is very highly rated though. ONly seeing average reviews from 7.3 to 8.1

Not bad but not great either.

At least it is fairly new but there will still be a lot of pissed off owners that already paid for it.

QuikSsurfer 01-19-2008 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru
Looks interesting. None of the reviews I am reading make me think it is very highly rated though. ONly seeing average reviews from 7.3 to 8.1

Not bad but not great either.

At least it is fairly new but there will still be a lot of pissed off owners that already paid for it.

ign gave it an 8.7
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/836/836872p1.html

Skyy God 01-21-2008 02:05 PM

Is there a way to tell the number of online players in a particular game (I've got COD2 and 3 in mind) without owning the game (i.e., through the XBL site)? I'm trying to decide whether to buy them for the multiplayer but would like to avoid having little/no competition.

If this is a painfully n00bish question, please bear with me. I just got the 360 in December and DSL service this am.

007 01-21-2008 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pittsie
Is there a way to tell the number of online players in a particular game (I've got COD2 and 3 in mind) without owning the game (i.e., through the XBL site)? I'm trying to decide whether to buy them for the multiplayer but would like to avoid having little/no competition.

If this is a painfully n00bish question, please bear with me. I just got the 360 in December and DSL service this am.

Without the game no. I can tell you however that both 2 and 3 are still popular on multiplayer.

Skyy God 01-21-2008 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru
Without the game no. I can tell you however that both 2 and 3 are still popular on multiplayer.

Thanks, Guru. Which do you prefer? Most of the comments I've read are that the maps in 3 are too wide open and that it plays like BF. Personally, I'm not a fan of the BF elements (tanks, etc). I've played a lot of 1 & 2 on the PC and love most of those maps.

QuikSsurfer 01-21-2008 03:03 PM

COD 2 plays better than COD 3 - though COD 3 has a few better MP options (you can take up to 3 guests online with you). The maps are larger and more wide open on COD 3. I have no clue about how many players are still playing these two. I wouldn't imagine you'd have any trouble finding matches for either of these though.

007 01-21-2008 04:13 PM

Quote:

COD 2 plays better than COD 3 - though COD 3 has a few better MP options (you can take up to 3 guests online with you). The maps are larger and more wide open on COD 3. I have no clue about how many players are still playing these two. I wouldn't imagine you'd have any trouble finding matches for either of these though.

yeah, 2 is better by far.

Ceej 01-21-2008 09:46 PM

For you COD4'ers what custom gun set do you use?

Lately I've been using the M4 or M1 with red dot, deep impact, martyrdom and something else - escapes my mind.

I need to play more, because I'm only rank17.

QuikSsurfer 01-21-2008 11:35 PM

Quote:

Lately I've been using the M4 or M1 with red dot, deep impact, martyrdom and something else - escapes my mind.

I just went into prestige mode some i have to start over now :(
for the time being i'm using the M4 carbine with extreme conditioning and bandolier. i normally stick with the g36c though.

Third Eye 01-22-2008 12:30 AM

Quote:

Depends on the map. Most maps, I use M-16 red dot, with bandolier, stopping power, and martyr. A few maps I use overkill (2 primary weapons) with M-16 red dot and silenced MP5, 3 frags, and martyr. And on a couple, it is silenced MP5, bandolier, double tap, martyr.

Currently on 4th prestige.

Lzen 01-22-2008 12:10 PM

Quote:

My current favorite is the RPD with red dot site and steady hand perk.

Archie Bunker 01-22-2008 12:48 PM

Quote:

Big maps

M16 Red Dot
-Bandolier
-Stopping Power
-Last Stand

Small maps

P90 Red Dot
-Bandolier
-Stopping Power
-Last Stand

If anyone ever wants to play send me an invite. I'm a level 55 getting ready to start level 4 prestige.

My gamertag is SODAP0P CURTIS.

Blankey 01-23-2008 10:17 AM

Everyone download Undertow today!

QuikSsurfer 01-23-2008 11:19 AM

Any way i can just have the 800 points instead? I read somewhere that they were giving 800 points to those who had already downloaded Undertow.

JBucc 01-23-2008 01:08 PM

Free EGM subscribtion. Don't know how long it will last.

I don't know if EGM is any good or not, but it's free so whateva.

Ultra Peanut 01-23-2008 01:18 PM

"Armando A. Estrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrada" and "Elijah Burke" have been provided with mildly amusing content and reeruned reviews for going on two years now, thanks to free subscription offers out the ass. I wouldn't pay for it, but EGM's handy in like, the bathroom.

KCFalcon59 01-23-2008 01:29 PM

Be careful of the undertoad.

Kraus 01-23-2008 04:15 PM

There are a couple of decent looking demos up right now (The Club and Turning Point: Fall of Liberty)

I'm downloading both right now, I'll let you guys know how they are.

Kraus 01-23-2008 04:52 PM

Well, Turning Point: Fall of Liberty sucked.

Problems:

- Looked like a regular Xbox Game
- Played like an old shooter
- After playing COD4, the bar has been raised, this game falls far short of that bar
- Only 3 sensitivity options - High/Medium/Normal - Which sucks because Medium is like the "1" setting on Halo, High is like "7." No customizable sensitivity settings.

This is disappointing because this was one of the games I was looking forward to.

QuikSsurfer 01-24-2008 09:17 AM

Has anyone picked up burnout paradise yet?
Also, i saw a few people on my friends list playing Turok demo lastnight.. not on the marketplace.

Kraus 01-24-2008 02:51 PM

That was me. It came on the OXM disc.

Turok was pretty good for the short time I got to play it. The graphics are very well done and the dinosaurs seem very realistic. Slitting their throats or stabbing them in the skull was very enjoyable, not to mention blowing them up and watching their body parts twitch around.

QuikSsurfer 01-24-2008 03:42 PM

i want to play it :(

Kraus 01-24-2008 03:49 PM

I read an article that a demo is coming to XBL eventually. If not I could probably send you the disc.

QuikSsurfer 01-24-2008 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus
I read an article that a demo is coming to XBL eventually. If not I could probably send you the disc.

if the demo isn't out soon - i may like that :)

Ceej 01-24-2008 06:47 PM

When playing NCAA2k8 on XBL, can you not go into coach changes and run a double team?

Can you only do it manually during the game? I can change the pressure, but it does not allow me to double. :(

Ultra Peanut 01-24-2008 08:32 PM

Yeah, Turning Point seems painfully mediocre.

In other bad news, Mercenaries 2 has been delayed again.

QuikSsurfer 01-24-2008 08:34 PM

No talk about the new devil may cry demo?

QuikSsurfer 01-26-2008 11:13 AM

i know i'm not the only one here who has downloaded and played the DMC4 demo.

Lzen 01-26-2008 01:42 PM

Quote:

i know i'm not the only one here who has downloaded and played the DMC4 demo.

I downloaded it. Haven't had the chance to play it yet.

Kraus 01-29-2008 06:46 PM

The Turok demo should be up on XBL now. Post your thoughts here once you've played it.

Frazod 01-29-2008 07:19 PM

Just rented Call of Duty 4. I'll start it later this evening.

Skyy God 01-30-2008 03:11 PM

I'm renting Bioshock this week. Between COD4, Halo 3, HL2 Ep 2, and this game, the last 4 months had crazy good FPS releases.

Frazod 01-30-2008 03:23 PM

I wasn't terribly impressed with COD4. The other squad members just got in my way and I wasn't in control of them. Is the whole game like that, or just the beginning?

ZootedGranny 01-30-2008 03:27 PM

Quote:

No talk about the new devil may cry demo?

It felt like the fourth Devil May Cry. You shoot 'em with guns, slice 'em with swords and keep it moving.

The amount of loading & subsequent cutscenes in the game is disturbing.

Quote:

The Turok demo should be up on XBL now. Post your thoughts here once you've played it.

+You can brutally murder a raptor with a knife.

-The weapons lack punch.
-The controls are off just enough to piss you off.
-Extremely linear.
-The knife is so overpowered that there's no reason to use anything else.

I took it out of my Gamefly queue and added The Club.

JBucc 01-30-2008 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
I wasn't terribly impressed with COD4. The other squad members just got in my way and I wasn't in control of them. Is the whole game like that, or just the beginning?

It's all like that. The problem is everything is scripted, so if your standing in a spot they're supposed to be in they'll just shove you out of the way. Most of the game is outside though so it doesn't cause many problems, just in the tight spaces.

Anyway, I've been playing Bioshock for real the last few days. I think it's ok. Nice atmosphere but it really hasn't sucked me in. The gameplay I find pretty boring. The plasmids are cool, but most of the regular weapons sucks. The Big Daddy's are neat but they're pretty much all the game has from an interesting enemy standpoint. Having to find all these radio messages to get the story behind the city sucks ass and I really don't care anymore, and there's too many fetch quests. Also too many cheap tricks like lights flickering or going out that are annoying and not scary or fun. I'm to the point a little after the "twist" and the game is due back today so I doubt I'll finish it. I'm frankly amazed this game got so many perfect scores. I'll give you that it's a good game, just not my thing I guess. But perfect? No ****ing way.

QuikSsurfer 01-30-2008 05:24 PM

Download "Rez"... now
best rail-shooter EVARR!!!

Kraus 01-30-2008 06:34 PM

Isn't that the game that had the vibrator attachment?

Frazod 01-30-2008 06:56 PM

Quote:

It's all like that. The problem is everything is scripted, so if your standing in a spot they're supposed to be in they'll just shove you out of the way. Most of the game is outside though so it doesn't cause many problems, just in the tight spaces.

Well, if it's all like that, I don't think it's for me. I don't work and play well with others. :D I don't hate it, but I'm not dropping $60 on it.

Quote:

Anyway, I've been playing Bioshock for real the last few days. I think it's ok. Nice atmosphere but it really hasn't sucked me in. The gameplay I find pretty boring. The plasmids are cool, but most of the regular weapons sucks. The Big Daddy's are neat but they're pretty much all the game has from an interesting enemy standpoint. Having to find all these radio messages to get the story behind the city sucks ass and I really don't care anymore, and there's too many fetch quests. Also too many cheap tricks like lights flickering or going out that are annoying and not scary or fun. I'm to the point a little after the "twist" and the game is due back today so I doubt I'll finish it. I'm frankly amazed this game got so many perfect scores. I'll give you that it's a good game, just not my thing I guess. But perfect? No ****ing way.

Bioshock is great.... ONCE. Has zero replayability.

kcxiv 01-30-2008 06:57 PM

Quote:

Tell that to my friends daughter who watch me play Bioshock and couldnt sleep for the next 2 days. Oh boy, did i hear about that for a while. lol

Frazod 01-30-2008 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv
Tell that to my friends daughter who watch me play Bioshock and couldnt sleep for the next 2 days. Oh boy, did i hear about that for a while. lol

I can see how that game could freak out a little kid. I played it with the lights out for added effect sometimes and it was definitely creepy. The background voices of the crazies are a nice disturbing touch.

QuikSsurfer 01-30-2008 07:36 PM

Quote:

lol yup

QuikSsurfer 01-30-2008 07:36 PM

Quote:

I can see how that game could freak out a little kid. I played it with the lights out for added effect sometimes and it was definitely creepy. The background voices of the crazies are a nice disturbing touch.

ever play Condemned or Fear?

Frazod 01-30-2008 07:45 PM

Quote:

ever play Condemned or Fear?

Condemned no; F.E.A.R., yes, on the PC. I liked F.E.A.R. a lot.

QuikSsurfer 01-30-2008 07:47 PM

Quote:

Condemned no; F.E.A.R., yes, on the PC. I liked F.E.A.R. a lot.

I liked Condemned a lot.. you can pick it up used for $19.
Don't bother pickup up F.E.A.R. Files - total shit

Frazod 01-30-2008 07:50 PM

Quote:

Don't bother pickup up F.E.A.R. Files - total shit

I crapped out on the F.E.A.R. expansion pack - after awhile it just gets too repetitive.

Ultra Peanut 01-30-2008 08:15 PM

Just as an, I dunno, a reminder or something... NFL2k5 is still ridiculously awesome. That game was so ahead of its time; if only the franchise mode offered more features/less trading and the draft wasn't completely ****ed up, it would be almost perfect.

I've been reliving 2004 a bit before deciding whether I want to download a 2007 roster set, and I've had some amazing wins (coming back from 23-0 against the Panthers to win 36-23) as well as games that were just like watching the real 2004 team (43-40 loss to the mother****ing Texans). The gameplay in APF is a notch better, but 2k5 holds up incredibly well.

Kraus 01-30-2008 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut
Just as an, I dunno, a reminder or something... NFL2k5 is still ridiculously awesome. That game was so ahead of its time; if only the franchise mode offered more features/less trading and the draft wasn't completely ****ed up, it would be almost perfect.

Amen.

Quote:

I really enjoyed this game except for the glitch that prevents me from playing the second half of it. I'm in the school and when I fall through the floor in a scripted scene, all the textures fail to load and I'm stuck in a pitch black room being beat by who knows what. The only textures that load are the weapons. I've heard the same glitch happen around the web. If developers put out a game with a fatal glitch, don't count on me buying the sequel.

QuikSsurfer 01-30-2008 10:20 PM

Quote:

Amen.

I really enjoyed this game except for the glitch that prevents me from playing the second half of it. I'm in the school and when I fall through the floor in a scripted scene, all the textures fail to load and I'm stuck in a pitch black room being beat by who knows what. The only textures that load are the weapons. I've heard the same glitch happen around the web. If developers put out a game with a fatal glitch, don't count on me buying the sequel.

that's a bummer. i would've taken it back for another disk.
the sequel looks great, btw. multiplayer should be fun.

QuikSsurfer 01-30-2008 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut

I've been reliving 2004 a bit before deciding whether I want to download a 2007 roster set, and I've had some amazing wins (coming back from 23-0 against the Panthers to win 36-23) as well as games that were just like watching the real 2004 team (43-40 loss to the mother****ing Texans). The gameplay in APF is a notch better, but 2k5 holds up incredibly well.

only football game i still have/play is NFL 2k1 and 2k2 for the dreamcast :)

QuikSsurfer 01-30-2008 10:27 PM

Quote:

Download the demo - go to the options - go to controls - set vibrate on - and then set trance vibrate to "controller number 2".
you put the second controller in your lap while you play. not only is it fucking amazing trance beats but it makes you fucking horny!

Kraus 01-30-2008 11:08 PM

Quote:

that's a bummer. i would've taken it back for another disk.
the sequel looks great, btw. multiplayer should be fun.

I would of but I got it as a gift. Have you tried the Turok demo yet?

QuikSsurfer 01-31-2008 09:07 AM

Quote:

I would of but I got it as a gift. Have you tried the Turok demo yet?

have it downloaded but haven't played it. i'll give it a go when i get in from work tonight.
you liked it, right?

Kraus 01-31-2008 03:01 PM

I thought it was pretty good. Didn't sell me on the game, but fun nevertheless.

In other news, Valve promises more Portal, Team Fortress 2 maps for consoles:

http://xbox360.qj.net/Valve-promises.../49/aid/112748

007 01-31-2008 05:42 PM

Quote:

I thought it was pretty good. Didn't sell me on the game, but fun nevertheless.

In other news, Valve promises more Portal, Team Fortress 2 maps for consoles:

http://xbox360.qj.net/Valve-promises.../49/aid/112748

The way that is worded comes across as if TF2 will have map packs for consoles but Portal will not. It really sounds as if they will update Portal for PC only.

Kraus 02-01-2008 01:19 PM

Deal alert!

HALO 3 Legendary edition $59.99 @ amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000K8ZTK8

QuikSsurfer 02-04-2008 07:40 PM

Anyone have Tomb Raider: Legend??
i'm thinking about picking this up.

Hootie 02-04-2008 08:48 PM

my 360 gamertag is: Hungry Mister

I only play Halo 3.

Fishpicker 02-04-2008 09:10 PM

Has anyone tried Overlord? I rented it last week and thought it was pretty fun. I didnt have time to finish it but I think I might buy a used copy if I find one.

multiplayer is awesome, I was getting my butt kicked in most games but the mechanics are very fun.

kcxiv 02-04-2008 10:18 PM

Quote:

Anyone have Tomb Raider: Legend??
i'm thinking about picking this up.

I beat it. Its short, but its pretty damned fun. I love figuring out the puzzles to each area.

QuikSsurfer 02-04-2008 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker
Has anyone tried Overlord? I rented it last week and thought it was pretty fun. I didnt have time to finish it but I think I might buy a used copy if I find one.

multiplayer is awesome, I was getting my butt kicked in most games but the mechanics are very fun.

funny you should mention this... i just bought Overlord today. Been playing it for the past 2 hours. I'm really liking it.

QuikSsurfer 02-04-2008 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv
I beat it. Its short, but its pretty damned fun. I love figuring out the puzzles to each area.

a lot of human interaction in it? or are you mostly in tombs?

kcxiv 02-05-2008 05:09 AM

Mostly in Tombs, but there is some parts with cool human action. The monster at the end is pretty freaking cool fight though. The one in the water.

Bump 02-06-2008 03:49 AM

I just got the 3 red rings of death....I did buy the $40 2yr replacement plan through best buy and it expires in about 2 months. If they give me any trouble I'm gonna raise some hell.

htismaqe 02-06-2008 08:09 AM

Quote:

funny you should mention this... i just bought Overlord today. Been playing it for the past 2 hours. I'm really liking it.

I got Overlord for Christmas and started playing it over the weekend. One of the more unique games I've played in a while. And definitely one of the most fun.

Other games (cough, Dungeon Keeper, cough) have tried to turn the RPF around and have you take the role of the villain instead of the hero, but none of them have been nearly as engaging. Nice balance of evil mayhem and flat-out humor - whether it's killing cute, cuddly halflings or your minions putting pumpkins on their heads as helmets. Speaking of minions - is that the coolest game mechanic ever? I think it might be.

KcMizzou 02-06-2008 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
Speaking of minions - is that the coolest game mechanic ever? I think it might be.

There was a Gamecube game called Pikmin that used the same game play mechanic. My boys played the heck out of it.

JBucc 02-06-2008 08:20 AM

I rented C&CIII yesterday. The controls are pretty slick. The only thing I've had a problem with is selecting aircraft. A way to make one of those boxes to pick multiple units is needed. I hadn't played the series since Tiberian Sun which was a while ago and it hasn't changed much, which is good I guess if you're looking to get back into it. The AI on this one if ****ing hard though. In my first skirmish I'm sitting there building my base up and in the first five minutes I've got wave after wave of enemies coming from all directions.

htismaqe 02-06-2008 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou
There was a Gamecube game called Pikmin that used the same game play mechanic. My boys played the heck out of it.

But could you raise your hand high and send them forth to destory everything in their path?

:fire:

Third Eye 02-06-2008 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump
I just got the 3 red rings of death....I did buy the $40 2yr replacement plan through best buy and it expires in about 2 months. If they give me any trouble I'm gonna raise some hell.

They shouldn't. I've replaced mine twice through them. The only stip. is that it has to show the problem when they hook it up there. So if you have the rings, it should show up.

Fishpicker 02-06-2008 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
I got Overlord for Christmas and started playing it over the weekend. One of the more unique games I've played in a while. And definitely one of the most fun.

Other games (cough, Dungeon Keeper, cough) have tried to turn the RPF around and have you take the role of the villain instead of the hero, but none of them have been nearly as engaging. Nice balance of evil mayhem and flat-out humor - whether it's killing cute, cuddly halflings or your minions putting pumpkins on their heads as helmets. Speaking of minions - is that the coolest game mechanic ever? I think it might be.

yeah, the minions are awesome, I love that they auto-equip whatever gear they come across. the animations for the minions are great (especially when they get drunk). the absolute best thing is that the minions are plentiful and expendable. I made a pretty kick-ass sword before I returned the game. theres nothing like throwing minions into the forge.

to the people that have played overlord: is there a way to set 2 waypoints for one group of minions? if I want to put 2 groups of reds in 2 spots, how do I do that?

Kraus 02-06-2008 02:40 PM

M$ just lowered the price on the HD-DVD add-on... not like it'll help much now that the next-gen format war is pretty much over.

Sure-Oz 02-06-2008 02:41 PM

Quote:

M$ just lowered the price on the HD-DVD add-on... not like it'll help much now that the next-gen format war is pretty much over.

They may as well start making BR player addons now...

I do enjoy my hd dvd player it was cheap and makes a good regular upconvert dvd player. Good thing most my movies were free.

Swanman 02-06-2008 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz
They may as well start making BR player addons now...

I do enjoy my hd dvd player it was cheap and makes a good regular upconvert dvd player. Good thing most my movies were free.

Toshiba isn't going down without a fight. They did the huge price cuts and a lot of stores are having trouble keeping them in stock. HD DVD will still probably lose, but it will be a little while before the fat lady sings.