ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Modern Warfare 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204824)

Buck 12-09-2009 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6331860)
You know what would be a good game that would fit - hardcore search & destroy. That is a "must camp" game type. No way in h e double hockey sticks can you run & gun in that.

You know they have that right?

Mr. Plow 12-09-2009 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6331873)
You know they have that right?

Yeah.

Buck 12-09-2009 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6331885)
Yeah.

Okay. I like S&D but only if I'm playing w/ people I know because some of the people who play that mode are snobby and if you are the last alive against like 4 people, they expect you to go full out Rambo and annihilate the other team w/ ease.

Pants 12-09-2009 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6331860)
You know what would be a good game that would fit - hardcore search & destroy. That is a "must camp" game type. No way in h e double hockey sticks can you run & gun in that.

I used to play that in COD4. I'll probably start doing it from time to time when I get bored with TDM. I'm loving TDM too much right now.

Mr. Plow 12-09-2009 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6331897)
Okay. I like S&D but only if I'm playing w/ people I know because some of the people who play that mode are snobby and if you are the last alive against like 4 people, they expect you to go full out Rambo and annihilate the other team w/ ease.

I know what you're saying. I honestly haven't ventured off of TDM & Domination yet. Just trying to unlock my weapons and such.

I'm a level 70 and I looked and have only closed out like 3 maybe 4 guns. Too much shit to unlock for me to prestige - maybe down the road, but not right now.

stormtrooper 12-09-2009 01:22 PM

if anyone has xbox live come play with me if you want. my gamertag is St0RmxTmTr00peR. The 0's are zeros

tyton75 12-09-2009 01:26 PM

If you like to snipe and have a Thermal Scope... Derail and Estate are fun as hell :)

Buck 12-09-2009 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyton75 (Post 6331956)
If you like to snipe and have a Thermal Scope... Derail and Estate are fun as hell :)

Why the **** is snow completely white w/ a Thermal Scope?

That is aggravating.

KCChiefsMan 12-09-2009 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6331973)
Why the **** is snow completely white w/ a Thermal Scope?

That is aggravating.

ya, it should be black wouldn't ya think? It's like IW thought snow is hot and shots up on the thermal scope like that

Mr. Plow 12-10-2009 09:09 AM

I'm noticing that the more I try to go for a specific unlock, the worse I do. I'm at level 70, but I don't have all the pro versions of the perks - so I decided that I'm going to go for the unlocks on them.

The most recent one was Cold Blooded Pro. Essentially shoot down 40 UAVs, Heli's, Planes, etc. Christ almighty, no way in hell for me to go positive always worrying about that shit. Every time something comes in, I pull out my launcher and start looking....in the process I get ****ing killed. Finally completed it last night though. So don't have to worry about the UAV's at least.

Got a few more perks to go....I'm screwed.

tyton75 12-10-2009 09:48 AM

I pretty much just worry about my K/D ratio.. let the other stuff take care of itself

Buck 12-10-2009 10:41 AM

I like unlocking the shit too but I cant get away from using my bread and butter.

SCAR-H silenced / PP2000 extra mags (just unlocked the mags last night was using silenced)
Marathon Pro
Cold Blooded (Haven't hit Pro yet)
Ninja Pro
Semtex
Flash Grenades x 2

By the way, I wont ever play anything other than Hardcore again.

After getting used to 1 shot kills, going back and having to hit someone w/ 3 or 4 bullets is aggravating as ****. I went 3-11 in a Domination round last night and it pissed me off.

Dunit35 12-10-2009 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6333652)
I'm noticing that the more I try to go for a specific unlock, the worse I do. I'm at level 70, but I don't have all the pro versions of the perks - so I decided that I'm going to go for the unlocks on them.

The most recent one was Cold Blooded Pro. Essentially shoot down 40 UAVs, Heli's, Planes, etc. Christ almighty, no way in hell for me to go positive always worrying about that shit. Every time something comes in, I pull out my launcher and start looking....in the process I get ****ing killed. Finally completed it last night though. So don't have to worry about the UAV's at least.

Got a few more perks to go....I'm screwed.

Man, I decided to unlock all the stuff for the M16 last night. Never again. I needed 14 kills on the grenade launcher to get the mastery achievement thing. I went from 1.12 to 1.10 on my k/d ratio. Noob tubing was rediculous and reeruned.

I will say that my sniping has improved, aiming more for the head area has paid off.

Mr. Plow 12-10-2009 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 6335529)
Man, I decided to unlock all the stuff for the M16 last night. Never again. I needed 14 kills on the grenade launcher to get the mastery achievement thing. I went from 1.12 to 1.10 on my k/d ratio. Noob tubing was rediculous and reeruned.

I will say that my sniping has improved, aiming more for the head area has paid off.

Exactly. I was sporting a solid 1.22 and trying to unlock cold blooded pro caused me to drop to a 1.18 or so.

Mr. Plow 12-10-2009 06:10 PM

On a completely unrelated note....

Cjizzles & I are gonna be playing some HCTDM tonight if anyone is interested. Not sure what time he is getting on, but I'll be on around 9pmish depending on my kids.

Dunit35 12-10-2009 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6335563)
Exactly. I was sporting a solid 1.22 and trying to unlock cold blooded pro caused me to drop to a 1.18 or so.

My brother and I are playing in about 20 minutes, if anybody wants to game.

We don't play hardcore though.

Dunit35 12-10-2009 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6335565)
On a completely unrelated note....

Cjizzles & I are gonna be playing some HCTDM tonight if anyone is interested. Not sure what time he is getting on, but I'll be on around 9pmish depending on my kids.

Probably count me in.

Pants 12-11-2009 02:09 PM

Man, I hit 1.37 last night, started playing with ****ing CJ and it went back down to 1.36 hahah. J/K I was playing like garbage the whole night, so that's why it dropped... it was very fun though. I really liked our team, Mr. Plow didn't live up to his "bullrush and go 5-20" claims, everybody was very tactical and careful, I loved it.

Mr. Plow 12-11-2009 02:17 PM

Oh, I had many 4-5 deaths in a row but I decided it was probably for the best to slow myself down.

AndChiefs 12-11-2009 02:23 PM

I'll play some in a few minutes if anyone wants to.

MVChiefFan 12-11-2009 02:53 PM

I've had a bad streak of it lately. I peeked out at 1.42 and have now dropped down to a 1.39. I had my red dot on a dude last night with my FAL and hit point blank no less than six times and he just ran on like nobodies business. I've been havin' that s*** happen to me a lot lately.

Kraus 12-11-2009 03:24 PM

I need to play with some of you guys. Most the time I just play Merc TDM, and a couple times I'll go 24-8 and still lose. Frustrating as hell. I need give this HCTDM a shot.

What do most people use for perks on HCTDM? I'd need to switch all my custom classes around.

Buck 12-11-2009 03:41 PM

I got the game on PS3 now too. I was ****ing kids up last night.

I went at least 32 Kills and less than 5 deaths in 4 straight matches, after I got my loadout....My KDR is only like 1.6 or something right now because I was sucking with the UMP before I got my SCAR.

For some reason I think that the level of competition on the PS3 is very low compared to 360.

Wa-Z has like a 2.47 KDR by the way. ****ing ridiculous.

MVChiefFan 12-11-2009 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6337622)

I went at least 32 Kills and less than 5 deaths in 4 straight matches, after I got my loadout....My KDR is only like 1.6 or something right now because I was sucking with the UMP before I got my SCAR.

For some reason I think that the level of competition on the PS3 is very low compared to 360.

That's because I don't have a PS3. :D

Buck 12-11-2009 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVChiefFan (Post 6337640)
That's because I don't have a PS3. :D

I will own you on either system, n00b.

MVChiefFan 12-11-2009 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6337654)
I will own you on either system, n00b.

Sometimes I have a quick temper but I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt that you're (as I was) just joking around.

Buck 12-11-2009 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVChiefFan (Post 6337670)
Sometimes I have a quick temper but I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt that you're (as I was) just joking around.

I wasn't.

/sarcasm

TrickyNicky 12-11-2009 04:10 PM

MW2 is serious bidness.

Mr. Plow 12-11-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 6337562)
I need to play with some of you guys. Most the time I just play Merc TDM, and a couple times I'll go 24-8 and still lose. Frustrating as hell. I need give this HCTDM a shot.

What do most people use for perks on HCTDM? I'd need to switch all my custom classes around.

Easy. Whatever makes you invisible. Cold blooded & ninja.

Dunit35 12-11-2009 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6337352)
Oh, I had many 4-5 deaths in a row but I decided it was probably for the best to slow myself down.

I had to slow down plenty of times, I'm not use to sitting still very long.

I sucked at first and gradually improved.

Shooting CJ in the back of the head from right behind him was hilarious btw. I forgot about the friendly fire thing.

I was scared to hell of dropping an airstrike too.

Pants 12-11-2009 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVChiefFan (Post 6337410)
I've had a bad streak of it lately. I peeked out at 1.42 and have now dropped down to a 1.39. I had my red dot on a dude last night with my FAL and hit point blank no less than six times and he just ran on like nobodies business. I've been havin' that s*** happen to me a lot lately.

Same EXACT thing, man. That's why I call it FAiL now, it's REALLY frustrating having your dot SQUARE on the chest of a guy and having to shoot it like 3 times before a hit registers. That shit get's really obvious when you're shooting someone in the back. I've mentioned it before, but I'll say it again - it feels a lot like the M14 did in COD4, which used to do the same thing to me. When I first got the FAiL and tried it out, it felt like the G3 from COD4, which was surgically precise, not so much now. I guess my new mainstain will be the ACR.

Pants 12-11-2009 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6337622)

I'd heard how much easier the game was on PS3 before as well. I wonder why that is.

Pablo 12-11-2009 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6338116)
I'd heard how much easier the game was on PS3 before as well. I wonder why that is.

It's the level of competition, honestly.

I played on my buddy's PS3 all the time, and had no problem racking up 18+ KS's all the time. I'm lucky to get to my chopper gunner on 360. There's a difference.

Kraus 12-11-2009 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PostRockPablo (Post 6338121)
It's the level of competition, honestly.

I played on my buddy's PS3 all the time, and had no problem racking up 18+ KS's all the time. I'm lucky to get to my chopper gunner on 360. There's a difference.

More players playing the 360 version. Which in turn means you're more likely to run into better players.

Buck 12-11-2009 06:44 PM

The most kills I've ever had in a single match on the 360 was 22. 4 straight last night of over 32 on PS3, include two 38's.

You do the math.

Pants 12-11-2009 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6338143)
The most kills I've ever had in a single match on the 360 was 22. 4 straight last night of over 32 on PS3, include two 38's.

You do the math.

ROFL Holy shit.

Guess we won't be seeing you on XBL much, huh?

Buck 12-11-2009 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6338160)
ROFL Holy shit.

Guess we won't be seeing you on XBL much, huh?

Luckily I have a shit load of friends on the XBL, so I'll be playing that more. But my closest friends occasionally play on PS3, so when they want to play, they get first billing. Even though they suck.

Ceej 12-11-2009 07:55 PM

I hate this game.

Buck 12-12-2009 01:09 AM

Still owning.
Posted via Mobile Device

QuikSsurfer 12-12-2009 01:15 AM

Just went 38-2 on domination.. Two ****ing 16 kill streaks in a game..
And the kids on the ps3 aren't as skilled because they aren't used to playing video games... They're used to waiting on God of War 3.
I'm willing to bet that there is far less mic usage online for the PS3 community.

Kraus 12-12-2009 03:12 PM

I'll be pissed if this every happens to me:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o9QPxazJWa4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o9QPxazJWa4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Dayze 12-12-2009 03:53 PM

just played on line for the first time ever...

lol.....JFC.

FML

etc...

lol. major suckage.

Buck 12-12-2009 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 6339574)
just played on line for the first time ever...

lol.....JFC.

FML

etc...

lol. major suckage.

To be fair the guns you start out with are garbage. Until you get to about level 8 there aren't any really good guns.

Dayze 12-12-2009 04:17 PM

I FINALLY got around to hooking my PS3 up online; haven't really felt like F'ng with it forever etc. Figured I'd give MW2 a shot.

Wow..it's pretty overwhelming at first. I've played the campaign 2 times and a few spec ops; but online is totally different. I have trouble figuring out who's on my team and who's not until it's too late lol.

Oh well; I got 3 kills and only died for 4 times. better watch out, bitches. lol

Mr. Plow 12-12-2009 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 6339640)
I FINALLY got around to hooking my PS3 up online; haven't really felt like F'ng with it forever etc. Figured I'd give MW2 a shot.

Wow..it's pretty overwhelming at first. I've played the campaign 2 times and a few spec ops; but online is totally different. I have trouble figuring out who's on my team and who's not until it's too late lol.

Oh well; I got 3 kills and only died for 4 times. better watch out, bitches. lol

I'm assuming you are playing regular instead of hardcore, so don't hesitate. If you see someone and can't decide which team they are on, shoot. You won't hurt your teammates unless you are playing hardcore

Dayze 12-12-2009 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6339808)
I'm assuming you are playing regular instead of hardcore, so don't hesitate. If you see someone and can't decide which team they are on, shoot. You won't hurt your teammates unless you are playing hardcore

so far I've only played "Team Deathmatch" and the mercinary version.
\I've noticed though, for whatever reason, I will shoot a MF about 6 times before he sees me - then he'll turn around and pop me in one shot.

WTF? lol

AndChiefs 12-12-2009 06:44 PM

Had my best game today...45-4 on a regular team deathmatch.

ZootedGranny 12-13-2009 04:26 AM

A few thoughts after a week or so of MW2 multiplayer:

-Tonight was the first time I played with the in-game audio turned on. I don't know if it makes me a savant or a dullard, but the benefit of listening to footsteps and the like makes little difference. I tend to take my nerding to another level by listening to podcasts while online. That said...these ****ing kids on here. The voices are a type of shrill usually confined to dog whistles. Pair that with the twaddle coming out of their mouths, and I couldn't help but be a complete asshole. By the end of my second hour, I was calling kids out in the lobby and telling them I was going to destroy them. Talking shit to 12 year olds? What has my life become?

-It felt unethical to play against an overmatched team repeatedly. The group I was with was nothing amazing, and we hammered this one team for about 7 straight matches before we had to back out and add someone to our party.

-Am I the only one still using the FAMAS? Good times.

KCChiefsMan 12-13-2009 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 6339462)
I'll be pissed if this every happens to me:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o9QPxazJWa4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o9QPxazJWa4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

it must be console with the X button's popping up. I want to know how to do that. It looks like a modded controller maybe though, but if it's not I'm going to do that until they ban me. Ok, it's a mod nevermind guess I won't do it.

Dayze 12-13-2009 11:51 AM

ok; just played about 5 matches in a row with the same folks (i think). man, it was great. last night I was getting frustrated because I was at a level 7 and was getting into matches with MFers in the 60's and 70's. lol. and, a few matches in particular weren't even fun; every time I got smoked, the kill cam showed someone in the grass laying down with; picking people off left and right. I was killed 10 times, and each time by somone laying down. F'n ghey.

but today, was great. started to actually play as a 'team' so to speak; and were kicking ass. it was awesome to see a group of 2 or 3 people 'clear' a building etc. good times.

...but last night....lol..that sucked.
I think I'm still missing some things; I have a hard time finding where anyone is at; next thing you k now I get clipped. also have a hard time using any other weapons than the default. not sure if that's because I'm only at a level 10 or what.

Buck 12-13-2009 01:51 PM

This pisses me off.

I started last night at about a 1.53, and I played about 20 matches, all positive and got up to a 1.59. Then in a matter of 3 matches, where i went 10-11, 10-13, and 9-9 (or something like that) I was down to a 1.52.

WTF!

Stupid Math. Why does it take me so many matches to build up my score, but it can go down w/ relative ease?

Kraus 12-13-2009 02:47 PM

Last night, PantsOn and I played some HCTDM. We normally were 1 and 2 on our team. We won a few, lost a few, but the highlight of the night was making fun of some punk kid on our team that went 0-10 with 3 betrayals. We still managed to win beside him.

We were making fun of him, telling him to quit, sell the game, etc. and almost made him cry. The next game, he was on the other team. We made it an objective to hunt him down. He quit midway through the game.

Valiant 12-13-2009 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6342203)
This pisses me off.

I started last night at about a 1.53, and I played about 20 matches, all positive and got up to a 1.59. Then in a matter of 3 matches, where i went 10-11, 10-13, and 9-9 (or something like that) I was down to a 1.52.

WTF!

Stupid Math. Why does it take me so many matches to build up my score, but it can go down w/ relative ease?

That is just the way math works.. I am normally very cautious playing my average round is 10-13kills and 2-5 deaths.. Of course when I run and gun it is about 17-18kills and 19-20 deaths..

Dayze 12-13-2009 04:23 PM

I've played about 30 matches....and I must say. only about 15% are 'fun'.
most are BS. I must be missing something, because it seems everyone knows where I'm at....but I have no idea where MF'ers are.

Ehhh.
no wonder I stayed offline.
latest match consisted of a dude with a riot shiel who would run around and kill you that way. Ghey.

Ceej 12-13-2009 04:24 PM

I've progressively still gotten better regardless of how frustrating this game is.

Went 22-2 on HTDM on Rundown. Used the MP5 and shotty combination for the first time. Interesting to say the least.

Kraus 12-13-2009 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 6343450)
latest match consisted of a dude with a riot shiel who would run around and kill you that way. Ghey.

Flashbang or Stun, then shoot or knife the guy.

Dayze 12-13-2009 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 6343466)
Flashbang or Stun, then shoot or knife the guy.

i'll have to remember that.

Mr. Plow 12-13-2009 04:34 PM

Quote:

I'm getting ready to start those challenges.

AndChiefs 12-13-2009 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 6343453)
I've progressively still gotten better regardless of how frustrating this game is.

Went 22-2 on HTDM on Rundown. Used the MP5 and shotty combination for the first time. Interesting to say the least.

I prefer either the M16 with stopping power, ak-47, or barrett with heartbeat sensor and thermal scope. Those are the only three i've had any success with.

Kraus 12-13-2009 10:46 PM

Anybody going to be on tonight? PantsOn?

Valiant 12-13-2009 11:01 PM

Quote:

I've played about 30 matches....and I must say. only about 15% are 'fun'.
most are BS. I must be missing something, because it seems everyone knows where I'm at....but I have no idea where MF'ers are.

Ehhh.
no wonder I stayed offline.

It is just getting used to where the good spots are.. This game is whoever the better camper is after you get a decent weapon.. I started out with a .70 k/d ratio until I got my scar and claymores.. It is now up to 1.2/1..

The shield guys suck, but I hate the runners more then anything with two guns or a knife in close quarter maps.. They run thru claymores and still get my ass..

KCChiefsMan 12-14-2009 04:15 AM

Idon't know if it's just me but I'm getting more and more lag every single day. I stopped using a router to see if that would help. Not really. Also I'm getting a little annoyed that 1/4 matches I get thrown into when I'm with a party is some 18 player domination match on rust when someone already has 200 kills.

KCChiefsMan 12-14-2009 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 6344867)
It is just getting used to where the good spots are.. This game is whoever the better camper is after you get a decent weapon.. I started out with a .70 k/d ratio until I got my scar and claymores.. It is now up to 1.2/1..

The shield guys suck, but I hate the runners more then anything with two guns or a knife in close quarter maps.. They run thru claymores and still get my ass..

I'm at a .99 now. But I cannot just sit there and camp. Sure, if I liked to camp my K/D would probably be higher, but it's not that fun for me. I find that the only way I can really have fun is to use tactical knife with the USP pistol. Marathon pro, lightweight pro and ninja or commando pro (depending on the map). I just knife people all the time and I've gotten pretty good with the pistol and the throwing knife for when I'm out of range to knife.

Mr. Plow 12-14-2009 09:43 AM

I thought I was going to have one of those "Wife/Girlfriend tired of video games breaks 360" moments last night. Wife discovered exactly how much time I've put into this game and got a little pissed.

The Franchise 12-14-2009 11:19 AM

He's starting to lose his burst.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y67JK_zlW1Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y67JK_zlW1Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The Franchise 12-14-2009 11:21 AM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u91LVZiYsuk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u91LVZiYsuk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

wild1 12-14-2009 12:18 PM

I enjoy this game. I mostly play mercenary team deathmatch and team deathmatch express. I wish there were mercenary versions of the others.

Mr. Plow 12-14-2009 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 6345587)
He's starting to lose his burst.

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y67JK_zlW1Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

I don't know....he broke his gun AND knocked over a 2 ton tree.

Kraus 12-14-2009 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wild1 (Post 6345853)
I enjoy this game. I mostly play mercenary team deathmatch and team deathmatch express. I wish there were mercenary versions of the others.

I wouldn't mind a Hardcore Merc playlist.

wild1 12-14-2009 02:35 PM

One thing I dislike is that the maps are so few. I'm getting very tired of the two or three city ones... all the same choke points, all the same places that are nigh impossible to get through.

On the subject of camping, this is not an invalid strategy. Holding a position or thinning out the ranks of the enemy who pass through that area is completely valid. I have yet to see a place where you could not get to a "camper", you just have to adjust your strategy. Go a different way, or kill the person doing it. It's a point of realism that you can't just run around sprinting at random and firing from the hip and do well.

Wa-Z 12-14-2009 04:17 PM

So whats the best way to level up? Search and destroy? I recently saw someone with about the same playing time as me but almost double points..

Pablo 12-14-2009 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wa-Z (Post 6346754)
So whats the best way to level up? Search and destroy? I recently saw someone with about the same playing time as me but almost double points..

Yeah, Search and Destroy..or Domination help.

Buck 12-14-2009 04:20 PM

Quote:

You could quit camping for one....

just kidding

wild1 12-14-2009 04:36 PM

I mostly play team deathmatch express because it seems like you get more time in-game that way. Less time spent in intermission and all of that.

But I am only level 33 or so, I can't play for more than an hour without getting bored.

Pants 12-14-2009 05:26 PM

To the guys I play with - my connection is ****ing up again like it did for a couple days a while ago. I'll lag to the point of not being able to move and and get kicked out form the game only to be automatically (without any chance to stop it) put back in at 0-0. That shit drives me crazy. I hope it goes away like it did the first time.

Anyway, yeah, Kraus and I did make a kid cry, I felt kinda bad when he started sort of apologizing for running his mouth and TKing, but at that point his ass was already lubed up and the cheeks were spread - there was no stopping. Poor bitch had to quit after dying a bunch without any kills, lol. Good times.

This game still has me by the balls, but I did enjoy it more before I started leveling MG's. My whole idea was to get ALL the challenges done in the game, but I don't think I'll be getting 1000 head-shots with all my primary guns. I'm still planning to at least get all the gun titles, though.

QuikSsurfer 12-14-2009 06:00 PM

I'm shocked that there is no mention of the latest glitch.. It hit two of my games yesterday. Apparently only happens on domination but I can't confirm this (though both of my experiences have been from selecting domination). The lobby takes the appearance of a private room and one person has the edit game option.... who can then kill the score limit as well as timer... EX is still credited. One of the games I played yesterday, the person with the edit game setting changed the map to Rust (18 players) and Free-For-All, although the game still had you set on teams (team colors over their heads)... you could kill your teammates... played like free-for-all... Game ends if someone calls a tactical nuke --- but everyone understands the significance. I mastered the ump without ever touching it prior to the glitched match.

Anyone else have this?

Buck 12-14-2009 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 6347036)
I'm shocked that there is no mention of the latest glitch.. It hit two of my games yesterday. Apparently only happens on domination but I can't confirm this (though both of my experiences have been from selecting domination). The lobby takes the appearance of a private room and one person has the edit game option.... who can then kill the score limit as well as timer... EX is still credited. One of the games I played yesterday, the person with the edit game setting changed the map to Rust (18 players) and Free-For-All, although the game still had you set on teams (team colors over their heads)... you could kill your teammates... played like free-for-all... Game ends if someone calls a tactical nuke --- but everyone understands the significance. I mastered the ump without ever touching it prior to the glitched match.

Anyone else have this?

I haven't been playing on 360 lately but I have heard of this on the Xbox forums.

Sometimes it seems like IW has its head up its ass.

Valiant 12-14-2009 06:44 PM

Quote:

Any of the capture games are tons of points..

Kraus 12-14-2009 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 6347036)

Anyone else have this?

I heard of it but I don't play any of the modes that put you in those. IW knows of the glitch and I'd bet there will be a patch soon.

TrickyNicky 12-14-2009 08:39 PM

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/maCSZFEPwzc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/maCSZFEPwzc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>