ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink 50 Beers to Try Before You Die (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=227168)

ProAngler 12-31-2010 09:56 PM

im fond of negro modelo

kysirsoze 12-31-2010 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 7307979)
Were you the one swallowing the meat or jumping up and down smiling?

One then the other.

ozarkchief 12-31-2010 11:10 PM

Rogue Dead Guy Ale and Goose Island Honker's Ale tonight. First time I've had the Rogue...it's tasty.

http://pictures.red-icculus.com/albu...img_2573~0.jpg

ozarkchief 12-31-2010 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Rool (Post 7307846)
I got some Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale and some Carlsberg lager for tonight! I also picked up this Mississippi Mud quart that they had, it's a black and tan basically, oh and some Jameson. Gonna be a grrrrreat night!

Loved the Carlsberg back in the day...can't seem to find it around here anymore though. Jameson is also awesome...leave it to the Irish to create a top notch whisky!

kysirsoze 12-31-2010 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozarkchief (Post 7308127)
Loved the Carlsberg back in the day...can't seem to find it around here anymore though. Jameson is also awesome...leave it to the Irish to create a top notch whisky!

Dude, not to hijack a beer thread, but as a man of Irish descent, Scotch is FAR superior.

ozarkchief 12-31-2010 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 7308140)
Dude, not to hijack a beer thread, but as a man of Irish descent, Scotch is FAR superior.

To each his own...I've got no complaint about Scotch at all, but Jameson is quite good as well.

Marcellus 12-31-2010 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 7307979)
Were you the one swallowing the meat or jumping up and down smiling?

Nice.

Chiefs Rool 01-01-2011 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 7308140)

you are right, but for the price, Jameson is just fine! They had .99 cent nips at the liquor store for Jameson, so I grabbed 5 of them. But I would rather drink some scotch right now, next time I think I will grab a McCallen's 12 year

Chiefs Rool 01-01-2011 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozarkchief (Post 7308122)
Rogue Dead Guy Ale and Goose Island Honker's Ale tonight. First time I've had the Rogue...it's tasty.

http://pictures.red-icculus.com/albu...img_2573~0.jpg

both of those beers are excellent! I prefer the Dead Guy Ale, however.

KC native 01-01-2011 01:31 AM

Maredsous 10 and Old Rasputin (plus a couple bottles of wine) were the beverage to bring in the new year here.

NewChief 01-01-2011 02:53 PM

Drank the Bourbon Barrel Quad last night.

The ABV has to be high as shit on that stuff. Wow. I was way more buzzed than I should have been from a bottle.

Reaper16 01-01-2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewPhin (Post 7309428)
Drank the Bourbon Barrel Quad last night.

The ABV has to be high as shit on that stuff. Wow. I was way more buzzed than I should have been from a bottle.

11.8% ABV. I was unnaturally buzzed after my 2010 bottle too.

NewChief 01-01-2011 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7309431)
11.8% ABV. I was unnaturally buzzed after my 2010 bottle too.

It's an impressive beer. I kind of agree with some of the people on BA: I think I would have rather split the bottle, but I did enjoy the hell out of it.

kstater 01-01-2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewPhin (Post 7309440)
It's an impressive beer. I kind of agree with some of the people on BA: I think I would have rather split the bottle, but I did enjoy the hell out of it.

It's a damn good beer.

GloryDayz 01-01-2011 04:19 PM

Had my first Nutcracker.... It was good.

Marcellus 01-01-2011 04:22 PM

Tallgrass Kold. Pretty good for a lager.

Reaper16 01-01-2011 04:24 PM

SI_PeterKing RT @coopersam: How about your New Years day beer choice? ... Well, I had a Dogfish Head 60 Min IPA an hour ago.

NewChief 01-01-2011 05:02 PM

Got a 4 pack of Tank 7. Going to drink two then switch to shit beer (PBR) or scotch.

irishjayhawk 01-01-2011 05:07 PM

I'd dig into my stash but been sick with a nasty cold last couple days.

Did try Schlitz last Wednesday and was surprised mostly because I'd heard so many bad things about it.

irishjayhawk 01-16-2011 09:41 PM

I had Delirium Tremens yesterday. Delicious and much lighter than I thought it was going to be.

Today, I went with Goose Island's Fleur. It's the least favorite of that series for me. That said, as I progress through the bottle, I'm growing up from dislike to apathetic.

Reaper16 01-16-2011 09:49 PM

Fluer is pretty awesome, but you have to like the floral, honeysuckle, hibiscus flavors.

irishjayhawk 01-17-2011 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7362686)
Fluer is pretty awesome, but you have to like the floral, honeysuckle, hibiscus flavors.

I decided I'm going to give it another shot next time i go to the store. Might have been my mood last night.

But holy shit Boulevard's Seeyoulator Doppelbock this year is phenomenal.

guns blazing 01-18-2011 11:48 PM

Does Seeyoulator Doppelbock only come in 750ml bottles?

My go to's in the winter - Boulevard Tank 7, Dark Truth Stout, Double Wide IPA, Schneider Aventinus, Great Divide oak aged imperial IPA, Old Rasputin, I usually buy more imperial beers in the winter

Spring/fall - Some IPA's (Bells, sierra nevada), Ayinger Ur-Weisse (dunkelweizen), Lagunita's 22's which are about $3.50 and 8% abv

summer - weihenstephaner hefeweizen, Paulaner hefeweizen, a few craft breweries make pilsners I like (crown valley, left hand, most german/czech pils I like in the summer too and easy way to get my friends into beers besides BMC)

Reaper16 01-18-2011 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guns blazing (Post 7367991)
Does Seeyoulator Doppelbock only come in 750ml bottles?

My go to's in the winter - Boulevard Tank 7, Dark Truth Stout, Double Wide IPA, Schneider Aventinus, Great Divide oak aged imperial IPA, Old Rasputin, I usually buy more imperial beers in the winter

Spring/fall - Some IPA's (Bells, sierra nevada), Ayinger Ur-Weisse (dunkelweizen), Lagunita's 22's which are about $3.50 and 8% abv

summer - weihenstephaner hefeweizen, Paulaner hefeweizen, a few craft breweries make pilsners I like (crown valley, left hand, most german/czech pils I like in the summer too and easy way to get my friends into beers besides BMC)

Yes!

Bearcat 01-19-2011 12:00 AM

Thought I posted this a few weeks ago, but must have gotten distracted by something shiny.

We had a white elephant mystery beer exchange at work.. I took the last two bottles of Schlafly Reserve Imperial Stout from the nearest liquor store, one for the exchange and one for me, and I wish I had kept both because I got a Steele Reserve High Gravity in return. :doh!:

In other beer news, I was talking to the manager at the BWW in Liberty last week after seeing Boulevard Irish Ale on tap, and he said they're going to start offering a Boulevard seasonal on tap throughout the year. :clap:

KC native 01-22-2011 12:03 AM

So, I finally got my hands on a Lagunitas Cappucino Stout. This is ****ing awesome. The OP article nails it. The coffee goes perfect with the stout. I'm usually leery of coffee beers because they are so hard to pull off well but this one is fantastic. I will be heading back to the liquor store to grab 3-4 more tomorrow (only got 2 today).

KC native 01-22-2011 12:10 AM

Also, don't think I mentioned it but I managed to grab the Sam Adam's collabo Infinum before it sold out here. I was very impressed. Very light and champagne like.

It seems like Sam Adams really steps up the high end specialty beers. I've had Utopias and this and they are both awesome.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-22-2011 12:26 AM

Austin received a bunch of the abyss. Hope stores aren't sold out...

Reaper16 01-22-2011 12:29 AM

Cigar City Jai Alai IPA

Miles 01-22-2011 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 7365078)
But holy shit Boulevard's Seeyoulator Doppelbock this year is phenomenal.

My current favorite from them.

Marcellus 01-22-2011 09:02 AM

They just got the Tank 7 4-Packs here in JoMo. Going to be a good day.

JimBaker488 01-22-2011 09:32 AM

So then the best Dark-Beer is ?
And BTW, where's that Trout Stream NewChief ?

NewChief 01-22-2011 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimBaker488 (Post 7374610)

That picture is from the Big Hole in Montana.

And that's a huge question. I love a lot of them. Currently really like Dark Truth from Boulevard.

Pablo 01-22-2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

The best dark beer: A glass of Busch Light with two shots of Jim Beam in it.

JimBaker488 01-22-2011 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 7374614)
That picture is from the Big Hole in Montana.

And that's a huge question. I love a lot of them. Currently really like Dark Truth from Boulevard.

I knew that was "Big-Sky" Country !
I spent 'bout 9 or 10 glorious days up in that area this past fall, last week of September to be exact. Flew into Boise, but pretty much divided my time between Idaho & MT along with a day or so in Y-S NP. You ever fished Rock Creek near the Pintler Wilderness area ? I was hitting that stream a bit when I was up there last year.
That's Gods-Country ! Life can't possibly get better than being in the Rockies in the Fall when the Aspens turn. And hey, it's also the beginning of FB season.
Dark Truth, huh ? I'll have to try it sometime.

Reaper16 01-22-2011 10:13 AM

Quote:

I'll get accused of homerism, but my honest-to-God best dark beer I've ever had is Boulevard's Imperial Stout that they released one time back in December of 2008. It's coming out again in a few months, luckily.

My non-homer answer would be De Struise Black Albert. It's a Belgian take on the Imperial Stout style, and it is endlessly complex. The aforementioned Boulevard Dark Truth Stout is good as well, but know this: Dark Truth is a beer that is trying to do the same things as Black Albert, but it doesn't reach the level of its inspiration.

NewChief 01-22-2011 10:13 AM

Just picked up Vieille Provision Saison. My beer store just got in a whole boatload of new saisons.

Reaper16 01-22-2011 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 7374641)
Just picked up Vieille Provision Saison. My beer store just got in a whole boatload of new saisons.

Ah, Saison Dupoint Vieille Provision. It is THE classic example of the style. Delicious. One of the best Thanksgiving beers you could ever hope to serve, too.

NewChief 01-22-2011 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimBaker488 (Post 7374627)
I knew that was "Big-Sky" Country !
I spent 'bout 9 or 10 glorious days up in that area this past fall, last week of September to be exact. Flew into Boise, but pretty much divided my time between Idaho & MT along with a day or so in Y-S NP. You ever fished Rock Creek near the Pintler Wilderness area ? I was hitting that stream a bit when I was up there last year.
That's Gods-Country ! Life can't possibly get better than being in the Rockies in the Fall when the Aspens turn. And hey, it's also the beginning of FB season.
Dark Truth, huh ? I'll have to try it sometime.

I love that area. One of my best friends lives in grangeville, ID, and he picked me up from the airport and took me around. He fishes Rock Creek quite often and raves about the beauty of that canyon. We didn't hit it that trip though. I hope to get out there again soon

KCUnited 01-22-2011 11:08 AM

Enjoyed a couple Schlafly Extra Stout Irish-Style last night. I'll probably enjoy a few today as well.

kstater 01-22-2011 12:07 PM

Saison Dupont is great.

Had a Harvest Dance last night. Not my cup of tea.

irishjayhawk 01-22-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 7374413)
So, I finally got my hands on a Lagunitas Cappucino Stout. This is ****ing awesome. The OP article nails it. The coffee goes perfect with the stout. I'm usually leery of coffee beers because they are so hard to pull off well but this one is fantastic. I will be heading back to the liquor store to grab 3-4 more tomorrow (only got 2 today).

Where did you find it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7374640)
I'll get accused of homerism, but my honest-to-God best dark beer I've ever had is Boulevard's Imperial Stout that they released one time back in December of 2008. It's coming out again in a few months, luckily.

My non-homer answer would be De Struise Black Albert. It's a Belgian take on the Imperial Stout style, and it is endlessly complex. The aforementioned Boulevard Dark Truth Stout is good as well, but know this: Dark Truth is a beer that is trying to do the same things as Black Albert, but it doesn't reach the level of its inspiration.

QFTMFT

KC native 01-22-2011 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7374643)
Ah, Saison Dupoint Vieille Provision. It is THE classic example of the style. Delicious. One of the best Thanksgiving beers you could ever hope to serve, too.

I love Saison Dupont. The local Central Market carries it constantly. I tried it right after I tried Tank 7 for the first time.

KC native 01-22-2011 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 7374979)
Where did you find it?

QFTMFT

At a Goody Goody liquor store. I managed to meet the guy responsible for picking the beers they carry and have got a couple suggestions in. He's cool and is open to suggestions.

NewChief 01-29-2011 07:23 PM

My wife picked me up the original Boulevard Saison tonight from some fancy wine store down here in Dallas (we're visiting IKEA with a U-Haul to help furnish our new addition). She's such a badass to just pick it up randomly for me.

As for the beer: I really like it (I haven't met a Saison that I don't enjoy as of yet), but I don't find it to be as complex as Tank 7. Maybe it's just more subtle. Anyway... it seems more straightforward. I don't know. It's good. I like it. I've drank the whole bottle.

Reaper16 01-29-2011 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 7392041)
My wife picked me up the original Boulevard Saison tonight from some fancy wine store down here in Dallas (we're visiting IKEA with a U-Haul to help furnish our new addition). She's such a badass to just pick it up randomly for me.

As for the beer: I really like it (I haven't met a Saison that I don't enjoy as of yet), but I don't find it to be as complex as Tank 7. Maybe it's just more subtle. Anyway... it seems more straightforward. I don't know. It's good. I like it. I've drank the whole bottle.

Your thoughts on the beer are in league with mine. Good, straightforward, super drinkable, not as complex as Tank 7.

Miles 01-29-2011 10:24 PM

Had and bottle of the Boulevard Bourbon Quad earlier this week and enjoyed the hell out of it.

KC native 02-06-2011 09:59 PM

For the super bowl, I ran to Central Market and brought home some Stone Cali-Belgique and Ommegang Chocolate Indulgence.

The Cali-Belgique in a bottle was better than from the tap. It went great with the shrimp and crab legs that I had.

The Ommegang Chocolate Indulgence was fantastic. It says it's their 10th anniversary beer (97-07) and it had a worn label so I have no idea how it made it into the cooler. The chocolate is perfect. Not too sweet and not too bitter. Nice rich chocolate smells. ****ing awesome.

kstater 02-09-2011 05:55 PM

Just cracked open Jack and Ken's Ale.

Awesome beer. Can't wait to see what this turns into as it warms. Although I'm sitting outside watching near-car accidents so it won't warm too much.

Reaper16 02-09-2011 06:00 PM

If you KC people haven't found your bottles of Boulevard + Christopher Elbow Chocolate Ale yet then you're running out of time. It's selling out everywhere within an hour of stores getting their shipment.

DeezNutz 02-12-2011 09:33 PM

Picked up several bottles of Chocolate Ale. Just corked the first one...

Outstanding. Distinct aroma. Creamy, rich taste.

Sure-Oz 02-12-2011 09:56 PM

I still have 3 bottles of tank 7 i bought a couple months ago that i havent opened

I hope i can find a bottle of this choc. ale

phisherman 02-12-2011 10:23 PM

If you don't have a bottle of blvd. chocolate ale yet, you probably aren't going to find one. they're sold out, more or less everywhere.

DeezNutz 02-12-2011 10:47 PM

If you can't find a bottle of the choc. ale, several restaurants have it on tap. Google it, and you'll find a list.

Reaper16 02-13-2011 12:43 AM

Troegs Nugget Nectar for me tonight.

NewChief 02-13-2011 05:56 PM

Wife bought me a NB Spring Sampler. It contained Mighty Arrow, 1554, Fat Tire, and Ranger.

I'm pretty impressed with Mighty Arrow. The rest of them are alright.

Phobia 02-13-2011 06:12 PM

I'm a 1554 fan. But it does bad things to my ass. Bad enough that I really have to think twice about imbibing.

Bearcat 03-15-2011 11:14 AM

Boulevard's Imperial Stout came out today... the place I went to (Bubbles in the Northland) was limiting 1 per person and had 6 left after we bought 2.

I've been trying several Sam Adams beers lately... I really like the Latitude IPA and Scotch Ale. The Cream Stout and Noble Pils are good, too... haven't ever been a big fan of Boston Lager or their winter ale, but becoming a fan of several others. Someone at work just got back from Boston and said the brewery had a Chocolate Bock/Cherry Wheat mix that was really good.

KCUnited 03-15-2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 7491636)
Boulevard's Imperial Stout came out today... the place I went to (Bubbles in the Northland) was limiting 1 per person and had 6 left after we bought 2.

I've been trying several Sam Adams beers lately... I really like the Latitude IPA and Scotch Ale. The Cream Stout and Noble Pils are good, too... haven't ever been a big fan of Boston Lager or their winter ale, but becoming a fan of several others. Someone at work just got back from Boston and said the brewery had a Chocolate Bock/Cherry Wheat mix that was really good.

2 per person at Royal on Stateline & 103. They are also selling Boulevard SS glasses for $3 with purchase.

MOhillbilly 03-15-2011 12:09 PM

Stella in the big bottles and the Blvd. Irish Ale. Tried the smokestack IPA & didnt care for it.

Go to is still Busch Light.

Bearcat 03-15-2011 12:09 PM

Someone sent me a link for Stone Brewery, and their beer is hitting the shelves in KC in mid-April... looking forward to trying it.

http://www.stonebrew.com/home.asp

NewChief 03-31-2011 05:31 AM

Our store recently got in to Foret Saison. I think I'm going to pick up a bottle for the weekend. Anyone tried it? They also have the Scaldis Blonde Triple and the Scaldis Belgian Special that I haven't tried.

the Talking Can 03-31-2011 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 7491742)
Someone sent me a link for Stone Brewery, and their beer is hitting the shelves in KC in mid-April... looking forward to trying it.

http://www.stonebrew.com/home.asp

excellent beers across the board...try the Ruination IPA or Arrogant Bastard Ale

the Talking Can 03-31-2011 06:55 AM

going to leave this question here, if anyone has any advice thank you in advance

I want to try out the Saison style(?) beers, what would be a good representative to start with?

I've spent the last year falling love with IPA/double IPA's...but time to branch out...

* and I have access to some excellent beer stores and taps, can find most anything (with some regional limits)

NewChief 03-31-2011 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 7528361)
going to leave this question here, if anyone has any advice thank you in advance

I want to try out the Saison style(?) beers, what would be a good representative to start with?

I've spent the last year falling love with IPA/double IPA's...but time to branch out...

* and I have access to some excellent beer stores and taps, can find most anything (with some regional limits)

Tank 7 and Saison Dupont are both excellent representatives of the style from what I know. Reaper is, literally, writing a book on the style, though, so he'll have a plethora of recommendations.

the Talking Can 03-31-2011 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 7528364)
Tank 7 and Saison Dupont are both excellent representatives of the style from what I know. Reaper is, literally, writing a book on the style, though, so he'll have a plethora of recommendations.

thanks, i can get the Dupont...can't find Boulevard in the South yet

that's is very f'n cool re: Reaper....

NewChief 03-31-2011 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 7528392)
thanks, i can get the Dupont...can't find Boulevard in the South yet

that's is very f'n cool re: Reaper....

A bunch of his Saison reviews are on this page and the next:
http://beeradvocate.com/user/beer_re...styleD&start=0

And how far south are you? We get Boulevard in Arkansas, and I think Reaper gets it in Alabama.

the Talking Can 03-31-2011 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 7528402)
A bunch of his Saison reviews are on this page and the next:
http://beeradvocate.com/user/beer_re...styleD&start=0

And how far south are you? We get Boulevard in Arkansas, and I think Reaper gets it in Alabama.

thanks for the link, that will probably answer my question...

Georgia...haven't found it there yet

* edit: you were right about the Dupont, reading his review I'm going to start there....

Reaper16 03-31-2011 08:17 AM

Totally begin with Dupont. It's the benchmark for the style, and it does pretty much everything that you could want from a Saison: a complex but smooth mix of fruity, malty, bitter/hoppy, floral, astringent. It doesn't do sour, but some saisons do feature sour flavors quite nicely. Other good examples to begin with would be: Dupont's Foret Saison, Saison D'Erpe-Mere, Jolly Pumpkin's Bam Biere, & Saison D'Epeautre.

There are a slim number of American breweries that do the style well. Boulevard is king of the American Saison, but the aforementioned Jolly Pumpkin brews some of the most traditional saisons out there. The Bruery puts out a couple of stellar saisons. Southhampton does good work too. Also, Stillwater Artisinal Ales.

the Talking Can 03-31-2011 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7528464)
Totally begin with Dupont. It's the benchmark for the style, and it does pretty much everything that you could want from a Saison: a complex but smooth mix of fruity, malty, bitter/hoppy, floral, astringent. It doesn't do sour, but some saisons do feature sour flavors quite nicely. Other good examples to begin with would be: Dupont's Foret Saison, Saison D'Erpe-Mere, Jolly Pumpkin's Bam Biere, & Saison D'Epeautre.

There are a slim number of American breweries that do the style well. Boulevard is king of the American Saison, but the aforementioned Jolly Pumpkin brews some of the most traditional saisons out there. The Bruery puts out a couple of stellar saisons. Southhampton does good work too. Also, Stillwater Artisinal Ales.

cool....thanks....excited about something new, and a farmer's market opens this weekend so I'll be in the kitchen with fresh food

Chiefs Rool 03-31-2011 02:20 PM

I've been seeing more Stone brews at the liquor stores. For those of you who aren't familiar with Stone, get familiar!! Start with the Smoked Porter or the Arrogant Bastard and thank me later.

shirtsleeve 04-01-2011 06:46 PM

I found this thread, after a change in search. There are so many of these. Well, you can post up my post here, if ya want bwana and toast my thread.

kstater 04-01-2011 06:47 PM

Had to have some mental gymnastics to enter "Beer" in the search box.

shirtsleeve 04-01-2011 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 7531951)
Had to have some mental gymnastics to enter "Beer" in the search box.

I entered "official beer" figuring all the beer threads would have been merged by now in a forum this big...oops.

shirtsleeve 04-01-2011 06:53 PM

So anyway, I was talking about a very good every day beer from a major brewer. Its prolly already here too. So I wont bother putting the pic of the Sam Adams Noble Pils up. Its my fav everyday beer. I just wish it wasn't a seasonal.

shirtsleeve 04-01-2011 07:00 PM

If you ever are in Mass, or RI for any reason, be sure to try these:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4081/...eff5fb7930.jpg

(5.6% abv, 50 IBU)

and this:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3142/...343dce.jpg?v=0
(7.3% abv, similar IBU)

They are only sold in Mass and RI but they are worth stopping for if you are ever in the neighborhood.

Phobia 04-01-2011 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirtsleeve (Post 7531962)
So anyway, I was talking about a very good every day beer from a major brewer. Its prolly already here too. So I wont bother putting the pic of the Sam Adams Noble Pils up. Its my fav everyday beer. I just wish it wasn't a seasonal.

It's a very good brew. We get it on tap out here regularly. Not quite as good as the SA Octoberfest but still very solid.

Bwana 04-01-2011 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirtsleeve (Post 7531987)
If you ever are in Mass, or RI for any reason, be sure to try these:

(5.6% abv, 50 IBU)

and this:

(7.3% abv, similar IBU)

They are only sold in Mass and RI but they are worth stopping for if you are ever in the neighborhood.

So do you Homebrew? There are several of us that do and there is some good threads about that as well. :thumb:

shirtsleeve 04-01-2011 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 7532011)
So do you Homebrew? There are several of us that do and there is some good threads about that as well. :thumb:

Yeah, I am a partial masher. Dont judge. lol. I just cant justify all the time and expense of the equipment needed to go all grain. The taste isn't that much worth it. I do keg. I gotta post up some pics of my basement mancave with my bar in it. Its got two taps. Right now I am getting ready to start a Canadian ale and my "Dead Presidents Masshole Ale." That one won me a minor peoples choice award at a local competition two years ago.

shirtsleeve 04-01-2011 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 7532010)
It's a very good brew. We get it on tap out here regularly. Not quite as good as the SA Octoberfest but still very solid.

The Octoberfest is good too. But I like me some hops. Hell, I dry hop cascade my stouts!

Right now I am loading the garage fridge with the Noble Pils for summer.