ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ****Official 2011 ChiefsPlanet Mock Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=242250)

RealSNR 03-14-2011 11:14 PM

Jeff Webb Part II

Only kidding. I like this pick.

ChiefsCountry 03-14-2011 11:26 PM

For the offensive tackle/True fans, I had targeted 3 OT's for the Chiefs in this draft that I liked and only once was one of them available when I picked. Gabe Carimi was the only one I passed over in favor of Ayers. The OLB's are horrible in this draft outside of the first round, while I figured I could pick up a decent RT later. In the 4th I expected Carpenter from Alabama to be available and in the 5th James Brewer from Indiana. So I don't want to hear any shit on it - I was looking for tackles just they weren't available.

Direckshun 03-14-2011 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 7490962)
Frankly the Chiefs wide receivers suck other than Dwayne Bowe. With no offensive tackles worth a crap at this spot easier, I am going back to the WR where a pretty darn good WR is still available. Taking one from Herm's alma mater.

Kansas City Chiefs select Vincent Brown, WR, San Diego State.

Well.

Direckshun 03-14-2011 11:30 PM

Good pick, by the way.

For the Chiefs, though. Not for the Texans.

RealSNR 03-14-2011 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 7490978)
For the offensive tackle/True fans, I had targeted 3 OT's for the Chiefs in this draft that I liked and only once was one of them available when I picked. Gabe Carimi was the only one I passed over in favor of Ayers. The OLB's are horrible in this draft outside of the first round, while I figured I could pick up a decent RT later. In the 4th I expected Carpenter from Alabama to be available and in the 5th James Brewer from Indiana. So I don't want to hear any shit on it - I was looking for tackles just they weren't available.

Should have went OT in the 2nd and drafted Zane Taylor in the 5th, who's every bit as good as Wisniewski /Saccopoo

jd1020 03-14-2011 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7490993)
Should have went OT in the 2nd and drafted Zane Taylor in the 5th, who's every bit as good as Wisniewski /Saccopoo

Castonzo was still on the board at #21.

ChiefsCountry 03-14-2011 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 7490998)
Costanzo was still on the board at #21.

Not on my draft board he wasn't. I don't like Costanzo at all. If I went tackle in the first round it would have been Carimi.

jd1020 03-14-2011 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 7491002)
Not on my draft board he wasn't. I don't like Costanzo at all. If I went tackle in the first round it would have been Carimi.

I don't either. I was just joking with the "/Saccopoo" part.

I don't have any complaints with this draft as far as the Chiefs are concerned.

Direckshun 03-14-2011 11:43 PM

I'm starting to warm up to CC as a potential replacement for Pioli.

ChiefsCountry 03-14-2011 11:48 PM

After my next pick in the 5th round I will show you guys what my original plans going into this draft were and who I wanted and who I actually got. To tell you the truth, I had no real plans to grab a WR in this draft - both of the guys I took just fell to me.

RealSNR 03-14-2011 11:48 PM

The Packers roster is already set in place considering how many guys they have coming back from injury. My draft only further solidifies them as a Super Bowl favorite next year. Just take a look at the offense:

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Matt Flynn, Graham Harrell
LT: Chad Clifton (hopefully), James Brewer
LG: Mike Pouncey, Marshall Newhouse
C: Scott Wells, Jason Spitz
RG: Josh Sitton, TJ Lang
RT: Brian Bulaga, Lang
TE: Jermichael Finley, Donald Lee, Andrew Quarless
WR: Greg Jennings, Donald Driver (?), James Jones, Jordy Nelson, Brett Swain
RB: Ryan Grant, Demarco Murray, James Starks, John Kuhn (Brandon Jackson and his inconsistent, shitty ways have been officially phased out)
FB: Korey Hall, Quinn Johnson, John Kuhn

An offensive line of Brewer, Pouncey, Wells, Sitton, and Bulaga is young, talented, and will keep Air Aaron upright and kicking ass for seasons to come

ChiefsCountry 03-14-2011 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7491018)
The Packers roster is already set in place considering how many guys they have coming back from injury. My draft only further solidifies them as a Super Bowl favorite next year. Just take a look at the offense:

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Matt Flynn, Graham Harrell
LT: Chad Clifton (hopefully), James Brewer
LG: Mike Pouncey, Marhsall Newhouse
C: Scott Wells, Jason Spitz
RG: Josh Sitton, TJ Lang
RT: Brian Bulaga, Lang
TE: Jermichael Finley, Donald Lee, Andrew Quarless
WR: Greg Jennings, Donald Driver (?), James Jones, Jordy Nelson, Brett Swain
RB: Ryan Grant, Demarco Murray, James Starks, John Kuhn (Brandon Jackson and his inconsistent, shitty ways have been officially phased out)
FB: Korey Hall, Quinn Johnson, John Kuhn

Brewer will back up Bulaga. He is a natural right tackle. TJ Lang would be the swing tackle for the Pack.

RealSNR 03-14-2011 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 7491022)
Brewer will back up Bulaga. He is a natural right tackle. TJ Lang would be the swing tackle for the Pack.

Sure. But I think the Packers would move either Bulaga or Brewer over to the left side when Clifton retires. If that's this season or next season that remains to be seen.

I know Brewer is a right tackle but he moves his feet so well and adjusts his hips like a champ. I'm not so sure he wouldn't make a fine left tackle (with time)

Archie Bunker 03-15-2011 12:04 AM

Thought about going tackle here but there isn't much left to get excited about. Time to try and find Kerry Rhodes' eventual replacement.

The Arizona Cardinals select Chris Culliver, FS, South Carolina.

Direckshun 03-15-2011 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie Bunker (Post 7491029)
Thought about going tackle here but there isn't much left to get excited about. Time to try and find Kerry Rhodes' eventual replacement.

The Arizona Cardinals select Chris Culliver, FS, South Carolina.

Oh you ****ing one who sucks the penis.

Boom and boom. Back to back picks, and the Texans are ****ed.

Sfeihc 03-15-2011 01:25 PM

Ides of March break?

et tu Direckshun?

DeezNutz 03-15-2011 01:27 PM

Shank you. Shank you very much.

Sfeihc 03-15-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 7491950)
Shank you. Shank you very much.

That's what Brutus said.

Sfeihc 03-15-2011 04:56 PM

Did BossChief run out of Hawkeyes to draft?

doomy3 03-15-2011 06:50 PM

WTF is going on here?

BossChief 03-15-2011 06:50 PM

While the Browns seemingly have found their guy in last years draft in Colt McCoy, it is yet to be seen if his body can take the pounding the NFL offers QBs.

I think he can sustain a long career in the league, but it would be foolish to not add someone that could offer the team a developmental prospect to replace Jake Delhome as the teams #3 going forward and I think this kid is a damn good value at this point of the draft.

With the 6th pick in the 5th round of the 2011 CP Mock the Cleveland Browns select

Nathan Enderle, QB, Idaho

This is a big kid with good decision making ability and accuracy.

Shuns Texans are on the clock...

DeezNutz 03-15-2011 07:00 PM

MeccaChief, what the hell took you so long? :Poke:

ChiefsCountry 03-15-2011 07:09 PM

You mother****er you just took the Chiefs pick.

ChiefsCountry 03-15-2011 07:11 PM

Direckshun PM his pick.

Houston Texans select Joe Lefeged, S, Rutgers

Sfeihc 03-15-2011 07:26 PM

Spoiler!

Direckshun 03-15-2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 7492763)
Spoiler!

LMAO

BossChief 03-15-2011 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 7492737)

That makes sense.

For the most part, the two situations are very similar.

doomy3 03-15-2011 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 7492743)
Direckshun PM his pick.

Houston Texans select Joe Lefeged, S, Rutgers

Damn. I had him targeted this round.

Direckshun 03-15-2011 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 7492737)

Thank the lord.

Enderle is shit.

RealSNR 03-15-2011 09:01 PM

Yeah, I'll be that guy.

At the very least he can contribute on special teams. Sometimes the Vikings like to blitz their Mike backer.

The Minnesota Vikings select Casey Matthews, LB, Oregon

DeezNutz 03-15-2011 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7492956)
Yeah, I'll be that guy.

At the very least he can contribute on special teams. Sometimes the Vikings like to blitz their Mike backer.

The Minnesota Vikings select Casey Matthews, LB, Oregon

Because Solder wasn't available.

ChiefsCountry 03-15-2011 09:08 PM

Wow SNR getting a 2nd round talent in the 5th. How lucky can you be.

RealSNR 03-15-2011 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 7492972)
Because Solder wasn't available.

Hey, that's my joke

The Franchise 03-15-2011 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 7492977)

ROFL

Rams Fan 03-15-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Nice.

LMAO

ChiefsCountry 03-15-2011 09:24 PM

Well my original choice for this pick was just taken from me two picks before I am going with my backup plan. Nathan Enderlee was going to be my choice. The kid has great potential not to mention he is a Nebraska native as well. Huskers screwed that one up.

But back to the Chiefs. Chiefs had the number one rushing attack last year but didn't have the power back they need. Charles is the man, Jones is getting close to broke dick time and McMidget is a gadget player. The guy I am picking isn't a burner at all. 4.7 speed in the 40 but he is a power guy who produced in the SEC and was a team captain.

Kansas City Chiefs select Stevan Ridley, RB, LSU

San Francisco is on the clock.

ChiefsCountry 03-15-2011 09:31 PM

Here is the Chiefs draft so far:

1. Akeem Ayers, OLB, UCLA
2. Stefen Wisniewski, C, Penn State
3. Jerrell Powe, NT, Mississippi
4. Austin Pettis, WR, Boise State
5. Vincent Brown, WR, San Diego State
5. Stevan Ridley, RB, LSU

doomy3 03-15-2011 09:32 PM

The 49ers continue to add pieces to their defense, specifically their secondary. Goldson may be gone, and hopefully Taylor Mays can play SS.

This is a guy who played corner at Clemson, but projects to be a free safety in the pros. Good speed and a good tackler.

The 49ers select Marcus Gilchrist, S, Clemson

OnTheWarpath15 03-15-2011 09:44 PM

Quote:

LMAO

Sfeihc 03-15-2011 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 7492763)
Spoiler!

Hey, doomy! U2.:banghead:

Direckshun 03-15-2011 10:13 PM

I'm telling you, this is a shit talent pool for safeties. Perhaps the worst year I've seen.

I know a couple of you were squirming over me getting Lefeged, but I don't even think he's that great -- easily the weakest selection I've made all mock.

I just had to get some safety help for the Texans, because they are at critical levels of fail at both SS and FS, and free agency is pathetic this year in part because of CBA negotiations. I'm just happy to get a relatively quality guy in the midrounds whose got speed and whose specialty is actual pass coverage.

ChiefsCountry 03-15-2011 10:16 PM

The Cowboys got two safeties. :)

Titty Meat 03-15-2011 10:51 PM

Damn howd this guy fall so far? Titans need an inside linebacker sure this guy doesn't have the ideal height but dude can hit, has great speed, and is a good tackler. Titans select Mario Harvey Inside Linebacker Marshall.

ChiefsCountry 03-15-2011 11:03 PM

Cowboys need depth at the defensive ends positions. Adding the former Mulerider will help Dallas with that.

Dallas Cowboys select Cedric Thornton, DE, Southern Arkansas

Direckshun 03-16-2011 12:23 PM

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/l1YmS_VDvMY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Franchise 03-16-2011 12:49 PM

Apparently Marco Polo can't make his selection because he can't state that he's the GM of the Washington Redskins.

Damn you, Daniel Snyder!!!!!

Marco Polo 03-16-2011 02:24 PM

The Redskins haven't been able to pick since the 2nd round, so they have a lot of holes to fill without that much quality left in the 5th round. Their number one need is QB. Unfortunately, you probably won't find a Tom Brady find in the 5th round, but there is a backup QBOTF. This selection is wicked smart and could be a dependable backup with an occassional spot start due to injury.

The Washington Redskins select Greg McElroy, QB, Alabama.

Rams Fan 03-16-2011 04:32 PM

Will pick shortly.

Rams Fan 03-16-2011 04:37 PM

Finally, the Rams get the backup RB to SJ39 that they need:

The St. Louis Rams select: Mario Fannin, RB, Auburn

Pick was gonna be Ridley, but the Chiefs took him.

BossChief 03-16-2011 05:17 PM

getting to be really slim pickins...

DaKCMan AP 03-16-2011 05:43 PM

Miami Dolphins select Lee Ziemba, OG/OT, Auburn.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-16-2011 08:09 PM

That's a good pick. I'm a Ziemba fan.

ChiefsCountry 03-16-2011 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 7494604)

I was deciding between Ridley and Fannin for the Chiefs.

DeezNutz 03-16-2011 09:15 PM

Overall, this draft seems about as deep as an episode of TMZ.

Titty Meat 03-16-2011 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 7495434)
Overall, this draft seems about as deep as an episode of TMZ.

Did you know Harvey Levin is gay?

Direckshun 03-16-2011 11:06 PM

Rounds kinda suck when I only get one pick.

Lono 03-17-2011 06:40 AM

At this point of the draft it is very slim pickings. The jags pick was going to be McElroy but he was taken. They need a quarterback. Even though it may be a bit earlier than predicted I'm going to take a shot on a qb with a good arm, who is not a day 1 starter but with some coaching could be a diamond in the rough. Texas Tech qb's haven't done so well in the NFL but the jags are desperate.

The Jaguars select Taylor Pots, QB, Texas Tech

DaKCMan AP 03-17-2011 06:56 AM

The Oakland Raiders select Chris Hairston, OT, Clemson.

Marco Polo 03-17-2011 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 7495899)
The Oakland Raiders select Chris Hairston, OT, Clemson.

Ugh, I was going to pick him with the 'skins next pick.

Frosty 03-17-2011 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 7494604)
Finally, the Rams get the backup RB to SJ39 that they need:

The St. Louis Rams select: Mario Fannin, RB, Auburn

Should have taken Quizz Rodgers. :)

doomy3 03-17-2011 08:12 AM

The Eagles need more help at DE. There are a couple guys rated higher, but this guy has a high motor, and had great college production at Arizona. Better production than his teammate who is projected to go in the first or second round.

He is 6'5" and has a frame to put on some more weight.

The Eagles select Ricky Elmore, DE, Arizona

RealSNR 03-17-2011 08:28 AM

Hutchison is old. The line is failing and it hasn't yet been addressed for the Vikings. I guess there wasn't really value I deemed better than the other picks I made.

Here's a guy who fills a need and has good size. I like him to jump right in this season as line depth.

The Vikings select Keith Williams, OG, Nebraska

The Franchise 03-17-2011 09:20 AM

The Bucs found a great sleeper in Blount last season but he can't do it on his own. Cadillac Williams is as good as gone and the Bucs need a smaller back to spell Blount and also be able to catch the ball out of the backfield.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Jacquizz Rodgers, RB, Oregon State.

That's about as much of a homer pick that you're going to get out of me. I've watched every Oregon State game (because of my wife) and this kid is ****ing talented.....small....but talented.

Frosty 03-17-2011 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7496132)
The Bucs found a great sleeper in Blount last season but he can't do it on his own. Cadillac Williams is as good as gone and the Bucs need a smaller back to spell Blount and also be able to catch the ball out of the backfield.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Jacquizz Rodgers, RB, Oregon State.

That's about as much of a homer pick that you're going to get out of me. I've watched every Oregon State game (because of my wife) and this kid is ****ing talented.....small....but talented.

Boo-ya.

Quizz is dropping because of his slow time at the Combine (though he ran a 4.47 at his Pro Day). Despite his size, he is a great between the tackles runner and has a nose for the endzone (I have seen him drag D linemen into the endzone many times).

Also, despite a crapton of carries over three years, he never fumbled.

Sfeihc 03-17-2011 11:27 AM

The Detroit Lions select Cortez Allen CB Citadel.

Halfcan 03-17-2011 12:26 PM

I wonder if the Chiefs can draft as good as Chiefs Country has??

Rams Fan 03-17-2011 03:35 PM

About to pick

Rams Fan 03-17-2011 03:37 PM

Colts select: Jamie Harper, RB, Clemson

doomy3 03-17-2011 04:07 PM

Philadelphia will use this draft choice to add some depth. Really wanted a power back here, but this is a very good runner, who even though he isn't huge, runs with some power and has nice speed. Should be a nice backup for LeSean McCoy.

The Eagles select Jordan Todman, RB, UCONN

The Franchise 03-17-2011 04:21 PM

It was between Rodgers and Todman for the Bucs.

ChiefsCountry 03-17-2011 04:47 PM

I said earlier I would give you guys a peek into my draft board I set out for the Chiefs going into this. Here is what I had hoped for going into the draft:

1st Round Target – Akeem Ayers, OLB, UCLA
Back Up = Phil Taylor, DT, Baylor; Gabe Crimi, OT, Wisconsin

2nd Round Target – Jerrell Powe, NT, Mississippi
Back Up= Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas; Rodney Hudson, G, Florida State

3rd Round Target – Kelvin Shepperd, LB, LSU
Back Up = Sione Fua, DT, Stanford; DeMarco Murray, RB, Oklahoma

4th Round Target – James Carpenter, OT, Alabama
Back Up = Terrence Tolliver, WR, LSU; Marcus Gilbert, OT

5th Round Target – Kris O’Dowd, C, USC
Back Up = James Brewer, OT, Indiana; Tim Barnes, C, Missouri

5th Round Target – Nathan Enderlee, QB, Idaho
Back Up = Stevan Ridley, RB, LSU; Mario Fannin, RB, Auburn

Well of course I got my first round pick, the second was something I had not planned for at all. I figured Wisniewski would have been gone before I selected in the second. I had him late first/early second. Him falling into my lap pushed Powe down to the 3rd, which I sweated out and got my man. In the 4th all of my picks got chosen ahead of me - but I didn't expect Pettis to be available. Had him as a late 3rd/early 4th. Same thing in the 5th, which really screwed with my board bc Wisniewski pick I had to pull both O'Dowd and Barnes from my board. Luckly Brown slid to that spot, I had him ranked the same as with Pettis in the 4th. It was either one of them in that slot. Then the last choice was the running back but I really wanted Enderlee instead. So I am pretty happy overall with the Chiefs draft so far, wish I could have upgraded at tackle but the board never matched up just right.

Marco Polo 03-17-2011 07:02 PM

The Washington Redskins select Jah Reid, OT, Central Florida.

Titty Meat 03-18-2011 12:01 AM

Marco you forgot to PM me dude good thing I was paying attention. I'll make both picks here shortly.

Titty Meat 03-18-2011 12:23 AM

First pick

Seattle needs more play makers on offense and the middle rounds are a great time to take gadget players. Seattle selects Noel Devine RB West Virgina

Second pick

They need another safety and while I think this player is a project he could turnout to be a damn good player and he's one i'm very familiar with. Seattle selects Eric Haag Safety Nebraska.

Marco Polo 03-18-2011 06:46 AM

Sorry about that billay; was distracted by St. Patty's Day celebrations.

BossChief 03-18-2011 11:00 AM

Their corners played well but I think this kid could be a very good player in a situation like Atlantas.... from a small school and I would almost bet anything that he gets drafted irl before this point.

Buster Skrine, CB, UT-Chattanooga

Hamas' Patriots are on the clock and he has been PMd

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-18-2011 11:20 AM

Cameron Heyward should help fix the DL, but I don't know if the Patriots can continue to count on Ty Warren. He missed all of last year, and missed large chunks of '08 and '09.

This guy is not a dynamic pass rusher, but I think he's a good fit for what the Patriots want their DEs to do.

The New England Patriots select Pernell McPhee, DE, Mississippi State

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-18-2011 11:21 AM

For DeezNutz, the Bears select Alex Green, RB, Hawaii

OnTheWarpath15 03-18-2011 11:46 AM

If this guy puts on 20 pounds, he'll be one helluva 5-tech - which the Jets desperately need.

The Jets select: Pierre Allen, DE, Nebraska

Sfeihc 03-18-2011 01:56 PM

Sorry for the delay I was at the bar watching MGOBLUE!!! dismantle good Ol' Rocky Top. Bye, bye, Bruce! Cheatin' Bastard.

Normally I'm against drafting a kicker but when your punter and kicker are as bad as Pittsburgh's were an upgrade is needed. The Pittsburgh Steelers select Alex Henery K Nebraska.

pming SNR