ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Baby kidnapped from home in KC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=250979)

ForeverChiefs58 11-16-2011 04:11 PM

BTW not that it matters, but John Picerno was my teacher at Lee's Summit HS for a current events class.

Valiant 11-16-2011 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 8077590)
The phone companies can tell you what cell sites and locations the calls came from but they cannot tell you what was said during the call and who owns the phones.

Unless a previous warrant was issued to wiretap. And most contract phones show owner.

A fyi to prepaid. A good lot of you are wiretapped. When I was at sprint we were doin 1000s a month for leo. If the # you aquired was involved in a drugdeal before, most leos will court order a large date range or(forgot the word) far in the future.

BigCatDaddy 11-16-2011 04:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 8116181)
BTW not that it matters, but John Picerno was my teacher at Lee's Summit HS for a current events class.

Valiant 11-16-2011 04:36 PM

[QUOTE=bevischief;8115700]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8115378)
interesting theories......If she dumped the body into the Missouri, wouldnt it eventually washup somewhere or no?

The current of the Missouri is under the surface of the water from all the drudging that was done to allow barge traffic on the river. So she may never be found. They are predicting another repeat of the flooding as this year for next year.

I would figure a baby that size would decompose to almost nothing in the current or be eaten by something where you will not find any remains. I would hope the police checked all cameras timelines from 6 til 6 leading from the house. If there were any available.

Huffmeister 11-16-2011 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8116190)
A fyi to prepaid. A good lot of you are wiretapped. When I was at sprint we were doin 1000s a month for leo.

Leonardo DiCaprio could be listening in on my calls? Wow, he really got into that J. Edgar Hoover role.

bevischief 11-16-2011 05:03 PM

[QUOTE=Valiant;8116220]
Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 8115700)

I would figure a baby that size would decompose to almost nothing in the current or be eaten by something where you will not find any remains. I would hope the police checked all cameras timelines from 6 til 6 leading from the house. If there were any available.

The Asian Carp eat just about everything...

HonestChieffan 11-16-2011 05:42 PM

Turtles and catfish and crawdads will have it gone in no time.

Deberg_1990 11-16-2011 06:11 PM

[QUOTE=Valiant;8116220]
Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 8115700)

Then it looks like we have another Casey Anthony then.
Posted via Mobile Device

saphojunkie 11-16-2011 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 8116221)
Leonardo DiCaprio could be listening in on my calls? Wow, he really got into that J. Edgar Hoover role.

Nice.

evenfall 11-16-2011 07:16 PM

[QUOTE=Deberg_1990;8116401]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8116220)

Then it looks like we have another Casey Anthony then.
Posted via Mobile Device

People laughed at me for making that comparison, but Anthony proved that you don't have to hide a body, you just need to keep it out of sight long enough for sufficient decomposition.

Deberg_1990 11-17-2011 08:49 AM

Well, the Afton Mo. mom admitted she killed her kid.....sad.

http://news.yahoo.com/missouri-mothe...212813931.html

..AFFTON, Mo. (AP) — A suburban St. Louis woman who claimed her 13-month-old son had vanished from his crib was charged Wednesday with murdering him, after prosecutors say she admitted beating him because he wouldn't stop crying.

Shelby Dasher, 20, was arrested less than 16 hours after she reported her son, Tyler, was missing. People walking their dog found Tyler Dasher's body on Tuesday near a cemetery about a mile from his home.

St. Louis County prosecutor Bob McCulloch said Dasher admitted to police that she repeatedly hit her son because he was crying and "wouldn't lay down, wouldn't go back to sleep." He said she also told police she disposed of her son's body.

"Raising children can be frustrating. There are a myriad of ways to handle that," McCulloch said. "This isn't one of them."

McCulloch revealed little else about the boy's death, except to say it appeared he hadn't been struck with objects or weapons. He declined to say when investigators believe the child died.

Police said when Dasher called to report her son missing, she told them she overslept that morning and discovered him gone from his crib when she awoke. His body was found within about 100 feet of a busy road.

Dasher was being held on $500,000 cash bond. The state's electronic court system did not list an attorney for her Wednesday afternoon, and a county jail worker declined to convey a request to Dasher seeking comment.

Before the charges were announced, detectives and uniformed officers came and went Wednesday from the family's small frame home, which is in a working class neighborhood. Yellow police tape surrounded the home, and a large Halloween pumpkin was on the front porch.

A long, wide area near the cemetery also was cordoned off. A cluster of young adults nearby cried and hugged as they watched officers mill around the scene. It wasn't clear if they were relatives of Tyler, and they declined interview requests.

"It says to me it's a pretty sick person," St. Louis County Police Chief Tim Fitch said. "Anybody that would take a child and leave a child in a wooded area in that condition needs to be dealt with severely by the criminal justice system."

Johnny Ellington, whose 24-year-old son, Joe Ellington, is Tyler's father, said he knew little about the investigation beyond what had been reported in the news. He said his family had been questioned by police and that the family advised Joe not to talk to the media.

Johnny Ellington, 65, said his son and Dasher were never married, and that his family saw Tyler frequently.

"He was just a wonderful baby and beautiful boy," he said.

Neighbors described the area where the Dashers live as quiet, the people close. But several neighbors said they knew little about Dasher or her son because the family had only moved into their rented home a little over a year ago.

"Everybody here kind of knows each other, but not them," said Rick Angeles, 28, who lives across the street with his wife and 3-year-old son. Angeles said a lot of young people were in and out of the Dasher home frequently but he never saw anything that concerned him.

Tim Adair was visiting his sister's home three houses down from the Dashers. He said Tyler's grandmother came over Tuesday, distraught, and told them the boy was missing. She said she had no idea where he could be.

"My niece gave her a hug and talked with her and prayed with her," Adair said. "I can't imagine how difficult this would be."

Bambi 11-17-2011 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8117497)
Well, the Afton Mo. mom admitted she killed her kid.....sad.

http://news.yahoo.com/missouri-mothe...212813931.html

..AFFTON, Mo. (AP) — A suburban St. Louis woman who claimed her 13-month-old son had vanished from his crib was charged Wednesday with murdering him, after prosecutors say she admitted beating him because he wouldn't stop crying.

Shelby Dasher, 20, was arrested less than 16 hours after she reported her son, Tyler, was missing. People walking their dog found Tyler Dasher's body on Tuesday near a cemetery about a mile from his home.

St. Louis County prosecutor Bob McCulloch said Dasher admitted to police that she repeatedly hit her son because he was crying and "wouldn't lay down, wouldn't go back to sleep." He said she also told police she disposed of her son's body.

"Raising children can be frustrating. There are a myriad of ways to handle that," McCulloch said. "This isn't one of them."

McCulloch revealed little else about the boy's death, except to say it appeared he hadn't been struck with objects or weapons. He declined to say when investigators believe the child died.

Police said when Dasher called to report her son missing, she told them she overslept that morning and discovered him gone from his crib when she awoke. His body was found within about 100 feet of a busy road.

Dasher was being held on $500,000 cash bond. The state's electronic court system did not list an attorney for her Wednesday afternoon, and a county jail worker declined to convey a request to Dasher seeking comment.

Before the charges were announced, detectives and uniformed officers came and went Wednesday from the family's small frame home, which is in a working class neighborhood. Yellow police tape surrounded the home, and a large Halloween pumpkin was on the front porch.

A long, wide area near the cemetery also was cordoned off. A cluster of young adults nearby cried and hugged as they watched officers mill around the scene. It wasn't clear if they were relatives of Tyler, and they declined interview requests.

"It says to me it's a pretty sick person," St. Louis County Police Chief Tim Fitch said. "Anybody that would take a child and leave a child in a wooded area in that condition needs to be dealt with severely by the criminal justice system."

Johnny Ellington, whose 24-year-old son, Joe Ellington, is Tyler's father, said he knew little about the investigation beyond what had been reported in the news. He said his family had been questioned by police and that the family advised Joe not to talk to the media.

Johnny Ellington, 65, said his son and Dasher were never married, and that his family saw Tyler frequently.

"He was just a wonderful baby and beautiful boy," he said.

Neighbors described the area where the Dashers live as quiet, the people close. But several neighbors said they knew little about Dasher or her son because the family had only moved into their rented home a little over a year ago.

"Everybody here kind of knows each other, but not them," said Rick Angeles, 28, who lives across the street with his wife and 3-year-old son. Angeles said a lot of young people were in and out of the Dasher home frequently but he never saw anything that concerned him.

Tim Adair was visiting his sister's home three houses down from the Dashers. He said Tyler's grandmother came over Tuesday, distraught, and told them the boy was missing. She said she had no idea where he could be.

"My niece gave her a hug and talked with her and prayed with her," Adair said. "I can't imagine how difficult this would be."

saw this today.

So sad.

I really hate people sometimes.

ReynardMuldrake 12-01-2011 03:01 PM

Quote:

Parents of missing baby Lisa Irwin want vigils outside home to end

The family of a missing Northland infant has asked that vigils discontinue in front of their home on North Lister Avenue.

People praying there for Lisa Irwin were told Tuesday that they no longer were welcome to gather in front the residence. John Picerno, an attorney for Lisa’s parents, Deborah Bradley and Jeremy Irwin, said the family will continue private vigils.

Edith Fine-Duskin, the leader of the group called Lisa’s Angels, said she did not understand why the family no longer wanted vigils, which have been held in front their home since Lisa disappeared on Oct. 4.

“It hurts because it is like she (Deborah Bradley) is pushing us all away,” Fine-Duskin said.

A family member told Fine-Duskin that the parents wanted to return to a sense of normalcy, and the vigils were troubling to Lisa’s half-brothers.

“This would be one day a week and you would think she would want us out there,” she said. “I still believe Lisa is alive; I don’t know where she is.”

Fine-Duskin said she would look for another location to hold vigils and the group would continue looking for Lisa, who was 10 months old when her parents reported her missing. The group has conducted searches and distributed fliers seeking information about her disappearance.

Police reported no new developments in the case.

“I did (vigils at) that place because that is Lisa’s home and where she was taken,” said Fine-Duskin. “I feel that was the best place.”
http://www.kansascity.com/2011/11/30...nd-vigils.html

The Franchise 12-01-2011 03:22 PM

Yeah....stop reminding them of how they killed their baby.

sedated 12-01-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake (Post 8159093)

If they weren’t suspects in the disappearance, would this even be a story?

Hays 12-01-2011 03:34 PM

Yep this says guilty. The woman said she would even do the vigil elsewhere but they want them to stop.

Fish 12-01-2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8159154)
Yeah....stop reminding them of how they killed their baby.

It's troubling to Lisa's half-brothers. Who haven't been killed off by their parents yet....

kepp 12-01-2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8120040)
saw this today.

So sad.

I really hate people sometimes.

Its just horrible stuff. I'm gonna give my kids some extra hugs tonight.

DMAC 12-01-2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

the parents wanted to return to a sense of normalcy
Yeah...it's been 2 months, people! Just forget it.

Iowanian 12-01-2011 03:58 PM

Wow.

I'll look for you til the end of the earth and beyond....or at least until the new season of Swamp Loggers comes on.

Bitch did it.

Titty Meat 12-01-2011 04:33 PM

The messed up thing is if they would have killed Lisa before she was born that's just fine.

KCUnited 12-01-2011 04:37 PM

If a turtle ate my baby that I shook to death and threw in the river, I wouldn't want prayer people in front of my place either.

DMAC 12-01-2011 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8159402)
The messed up thing is if they would have killed Lisa before she was born that's just fine.

http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/21683000...5844293d99.jpg

Deberg_1990 12-01-2011 05:08 PM

The unfortunate thing is, she will probably be pregnant again soon.....

Valiant 12-01-2011 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake (Post 8159093)

Isn't the sidewalk public domain?? Hell one of their neighbors should offer up their yard.. They need to know, they are not off the hook.. They get no normalcy..

evenfall 12-01-2011 05:22 PM

we want a "return to normalcy"

you know, if I were them I'd want a return to my daughter more.

Bwana 12-01-2011 05:32 PM

They still haven't solved this thing yet?

Damn!

http://ncrenegade.com/wp-content/upl...arneyFife2.jpg

bevischief 12-01-2011 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 8159528)
They still haven't solved this thing yet?

Damn!

http://ncrenegade.com/wp-content/upl...arneyFife2.jpg

Not yet.

Royal Fanatic 12-01-2011 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 8159439)

Dude. Use the animated version.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...oding-head.gif

Mr_Tomahawk 01-06-2012 09:30 AM

Have the parents gone missing yet?

gta0012 01-06-2012 09:43 AM

Im amazed they weren't able to find anything.

DMAC 01-06-2012 09:45 AM

They just...give up?

chasedude 01-06-2012 12:30 PM

I can't believe the parents haven't cracked yet. That guilt would eat at me until I'm a pile of jello. Someone will slip up somewhere.

bevischief 01-06-2012 01:11 PM

I thought I read somewhere that they shut the task force before Christmas.

Demonpenz 01-06-2012 01:47 PM

It's over.....the police are working on the 145 murders and keeping the war confined to a specific area.

Deberg_1990 01-31-2012 02:48 PM

Parents are going to be on Dr. Phil this Friday...

At some point in nearly every tragic story, the media seem to lose sight of the reason that the story was tragic in the first place. Allow us to call this the Dr. Phil moment.

The case of Lisa Irwin — a baby who has now been missing for a quarter of her 13-month life — will officially have that moment this Friday. That's when, as the Associated Press reports, Jeremy Irwin and Deborah Bradley appear alongside attorney Joe Tacopina and private investigator Bill Stanton on the Dr. Phil show.

Lisa Irwin's disappearance on October 3 of last year has received no shortage of national media attention. Her parents have insisted since she went missing that someone entered the house and abducted their child. KCTV Channel 5 has a run-down of the events of the past four months and footage from the dashcam of the officers who responded to the initial call that Irwin was missing at 4 a.m. October 4.

Irwin's parents, their attorney and private investigator are expected to share their theories on Dr. Phil's program about what happened that night. While the show is set to air on the four-month anniversary of the baby's disappearance, it's hard to imagine this is the hour that solves the unfortunate mystery. What will happen is that pundits and bloggers will have one more shot to vilify or sympathize with her parents.

Another week will likely pass without a new development. And the more time that passes, the further it feels from this story having an ending.

http://www.pitch.com/plog/archives/2...il-this-friday

chasedude 02-03-2012 01:28 PM

This is just a ratings grab for Dr Phil. I don't see anything coming from this interview to help find Baby Lisa.

DJ's left nut 02-03-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedude (Post 8346018)
This is just a ratings grab for Dr Phil. I don't see anything coming from this interview to help find Baby Lisa.

You mean a confession?

Baby Lisa's gone, kiddos.

chasedude 02-03-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8346032)
You mean a confession?

A confession? Not while being lawyer'd up on the show.

I wonder how much Dr Phil is paying them for the interview?

Titty Meat 02-03-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8346032)
You mean a confession?

Much like OJ they're going on national media to help find the real killer.

Deberg_1990 05-22-2012 10:17 AM

Update from Star.....havent heard anything in months. Sounds like a Cold Case now.

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/05/21...ain-plead.html

doomy3 05-22-2012 11:21 AM

It isn't a cold case. There are 3 detectives that are still assigned to this full time. They do nothing but work on this case.

mikeyis4dcats. 05-22-2012 11:25 AM

my wife said they were on the Today show a few days ago, the husband claiming his debit card was stolen and used on some website where you can change your childs name. Of course when producers went there it was a stationary site...

boogblaster 05-22-2012 11:25 AM

kill both parents ... case solved .....

Joe_Camel 10-05-2012 10:55 AM

One year later
http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=17375065

The Irwin family home on North Lister in Kansas City, Mo., looks deceptively normal. The father leaves every morning to go to work while the mother stays at home to care for the couple's two young boys. In the afternoon, neighborhood kids can be seen playing in the yard.

But inside the house is a little girl's room that has been virtually untouched for a year. The room belongs to baby Lisa Irwin who vanished from her crib, seemingly without a trace exactly a year ago on Wednesday.

"They've got Lisa's room intact," Irwin family attorney John Picerno told ABCNews.com, referring to Lisa's parents Deborah Bradley and Jeremy Irwin. "They still try to honor her. They still believe that she is alive. They buy clothes that will fit her when she comes home. They try to buy gifts for her to celebrate the various holidays as the holidays pass."

Lisa disappeared the night of Oct. 3, 2011 from her home and the family has maintained from the beginning that the girl was abducted from her bedroom inside the home while her father was at work and her mother and brothers were asleep in another room.

Deborah Bradley, 26, and the girl's father Jeremy Irwin, 30, became a focal point for suspicion by both the public and the police. The relationship between the parents and the Kansas City Police Department has been contentious, with frequent public sparring between the two.

They argued about issues including the extent of the parents' cooperation, polygraph tests and interviewing Lisa's two young brothers.

One year later, the tense relationship has resurfaced as unsatisfied police suggest that they are still seeking more information from Bradley.

"Police have exhausted leads provided by Lisa Irwin's family and their attorneys, and the leads were of no benefit to the investigation," the KCPD said in a statement. "While communication with the family has been ongoing, police have not had the opportunity to sit down one-on-one to speak with Lisa's mother, Deborah Bradley. As the only adult in the home at the time of the baby's disappearance, police continue to have questions to which only she can provide answers."

Picerno said he and his clients were taken aback by the police's statement.

"We were very, very surprised that KCPD, first of all, issued a press release in and of itself," he said. "Second, we were surprised with the tone of the press release, particularly since we believe that what's in the press release relative to Jeremy and Deborah is simply untrue."

Picerno acknowledged that there was a breakdown in communication between authorities and the parents after over 30 hours of initial questioning with the couple. He said that Bradley and Irwin sat down with police again in February, but conceded that Bradley has not sat for a one-on-one with investigators.

"They haven't but they can certainly sit down one-on-one with me present and ask any questions," he said. "I'm not going to stop them. What we don't want is another situation where they're doing a full-blown interrogation where they're standing up and accusing her and they're showing pictures of her missing girl and they're confronting her with all this evidence."

Picerno said his client has a right to counsel and "a right not to be abused or threatened by detectives."

When asked if he believes investigators suspect Bradley, he responded with caution.

Baby Lisa's Room Unchanged A Year After She Vanished
"You can look in the media. I think it's pretty obvious where they're at," Picerno said. "They've said she's not a suspect so I'm not going to quibble over the words. But I think if you look back over what's been in the media and what they've said over the last year, what they think, I think, is pretty obvious. It's obvious to me."

Bradley faced public scrutiny in the days following Lisa's disappearance due to her changing timeline of the events of the night and the revelation that she had been drinking the night Lisa disappeared.

"Pretty much the only thing that I'm guilty of is drinking too much. And even when she comes back, that's something I have to live with, that I might have heard something and been able to stop them," a tearful Bradley told Dr. Phil McGraw in February.

She said the issues have been blown out of proportion and that she is neither an alcoholic nor a neglectful parent.

"It is literally impossible to remember every single detail and say it exactly the same every single time and there are so many negative people or hateful people that have picked it all apart," Bradley said. "If I had done something, I'd be in jail right now."

The family is planning a vigil for Wednesday evening with family, friends and supporters.

Next
Share on twitter
From Around The Web

Deberg_1990 10-05-2012 11:05 AM

Ill say this, whoever disposed of the body did an excellent job of hiding it.

The Franchise 10-05-2012 11:20 AM

Still think the parents did it. Accident or intentional.....they did it.

Deberg_1990 10-05-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8979097)

Oh, i think everyone knows this, but without a body and mostly circumstantial evidence.......

ReynardMuldrake 10-05-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe_Camel (Post 8979057)

Thanks for linking the mobile version, dick.

ReynardMuldrake 10-05-2012 11:38 AM

Here's the real link:

http://abcnews.go.com/story?id=17375...1#.UG8ao0afik8

FAX 10-05-2012 11:44 AM

While I was recuperating from a back operation, I had the opportunity to watch some television. One of the shows I got sort of hooked on was this program called "48 hours" or something like that. Its about real-life police detectives that try and solve murders.

Anyhow, after a few episodes it struck me just how easy it is to get away with murder in the USofA. Even in the modern era of DNA forensics, all you have to do is not be completely stupid and avoid being seen by human witnesses or a camera. Even if you are suspected, just get a good attorney and the likelihood of being charged (in the absence of a confession, direct evidence, or one hell of a motive) is dependent solely on the local prosecutor's office's workload.

The <strike>justice</strike> legal system has become a sort of bizarre popularity contest. I don't know how many murders go "unsolved" in this country, but I'll bet the percentages would be shockingly high.

FAX

DaneMcCloud 10-05-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8979152)
While I was recuperating from a back operation, I had the opportunity to watch some television. One of the shows I got sort of hooked on was this program called "48 hours" or something like that. Its about real-life police detectives that try and solve murders.

Anyhow, after a few episodes it struck me just how easy it is to get away with murder in the USofA. Even in the modern era of DNA forensics, all you have to do is not be completely stupid and avoid being seen by human witnesses or a camera. Even if you are suspected, just get a good attorney and the likelihood of being charged (in the absence of a confession, direct evidence, or one hell of a motive) is dependent solely on the local prosecutor's office's workload.

The <strike>justice</strike> legal system has become a sort of bizarre popularity contest. I don't know how many murders go "unsolved" in this country, but I'll bet the percentages would be shockingly high.

FAX

I agree. In the past, I've watched shows like 48 hours and Dateline and it seems as if the people that get caught are just lazy, clueless or just plain dumb.

On one episode, a lady was caught on video purchasing muriatic acid from Home Depot just one day before her spouse was reported missing. I purchase muriatic all the time for tile cleaning, so I'm fully aware of its potency but really? One day before?

The Franchise 10-05-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8979162)
I agree. In the past, I've watched shows like 48 hours and Dateline and it seems as if the people that get caught are just lazy, clueless or just plain dumb.

On one episode, a lady was caught on video purchasing muriatic acid from Home Depot just one day before her spouse was reported missing. I purchase muriatic all the time for tile cleaning, so I'm fully aware of its potency but really? One day before?

All you have to do is watch shows like 48 hours, CSI and Law and Order and you'll have enough helpful tips on how to get away with murder.

bevischief 10-05-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8979097)

I agree.

Radar Chief 10-05-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8979168)
All you have to do is watch shows like 48 hours, CSI and Law and Order and you'll have enough helpful tips on how to get away with murder.

That’s why most police departments have stopped cooperating with those shows. They’re giving away their best secrets and criminals are getting smarter for it.

The Franchise 10-05-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 8979185)
That’s why most police departments have stopped cooperating with those shows. They’re giving away their best secrets and criminals are getting smarter for it.

What's really funny is that a majority of the people out there think that CSI actually works like that or is fast like that.

FAX 10-05-2012 12:02 PM

Most murders aren't the TV episode kind. They're the gang-related, drive-by, ass-capping kind.

Still, if you wanted to off somebody and get away with it, all you have to do is not be stupid. The burden of proof is so high that there has to be a believable witness or clear, undeniable, direct evidence against you or you won't even be charged. Either that, or they need a confession.

That's why most police detectives are, essentially, interrogation specialists. And by the term specialist, I mean a fat guy who denies you food, water, sleep, or bathroom privileges and screams at you at the top of his lungs for 24 hours.

FAX

Frosty 10-05-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8979199)
Most murders aren't the TV episode kind. They're the gang-related, drive-by, ass-capping kind.

Still, if you wanted to off somebody and get away with it, all you have to do is not be stupid. The burden of proof is so high that there has to be a believable witness or clear, undeniable, direct evidence against you or you won't even be charged. Either that, or they need a confession.

That's why most police detectives are, essentially, interrogation specialists. And by the term specialist, I mean a fat guy who denies you food, water, sleep, or bathroom privileges and screams at you at the top of his lungs for 24 hours.

FAX

The other thing that you pick up from shows like Dateline and 48 Hours is how often the cops just pick the most convenient suspect and the DA then ramrods them through a trial based more on theatrics and convoluted stories rather than proof.

Don't talk to cops without an attorney, even if innocent.

Radar Chief 10-05-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8979191)
What's really funny is that a majority of the people out there think that CSI actually works like that or is fast like that.

Wha? You mean a single flake of human dander vacuumed from a victim’s floor doesn’t have enough DNA to track down a serial killer within an hour? I’ll need a link to that.

The Franchise 10-05-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 8979225)
Wha? You mean a single flake of human dander vacuumed from a victim’s floor doesn’t have enough DNA to track down a serial killer within an hour? I’ll need a link to that.

I'd actually like to find what the dropout rate is for all of the Criminal Justice/Forensics programs that are always offered. You know that there are always at least 1 or 2 people who start that degree because they think it looks cool on CSI.

bowener 10-05-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8979070)
Ill say this, whoever disposed of the body did an excellent job of hiding it.

The Missouri River moves pretty swiftly.