ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football The 49ers have expressed to others that a deal for QB Alex Smith is effectively DONE (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270361)

htismaqe 02-24-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonTellMeShowMe (Post 9434290)
LOL to be fair, I don't think Alex ever had a receiver like Bowe

That's not fair, that's irrelevant.

BigChiefFan 02-24-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9434277)
It bares repeating... Matt Cassel vs. Alex Smith:

Matt Cassel - 62 career starts:
82 touchdowns
13497 yards
57 INTs
59% completion
80.4 passer rating

Alex Smith - 75 career starts:
81 Touchdowns
14280 yards
63 INTS
58% Completion
79.1 passer rating

Once again, how the **** is Smith better than Cassel? 13 more starts yet his numbers are slightly better at best.

Game. Set. Match. If we trade anything for Smith, it's an excersize in futility.

O.city 02-24-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9434316)
It does make sense from a Dwayne Bowe angle, though.

The Chiefs want Bowe locked down so they can tag Albert.

Bowe won't lock down unless he has a QB.

The Chiefs can't say they will get Geno, because they could always change their mind.

No, Bowe ostensibly wants somebody now that the Chiefs can prove.

They say how about Foles or Alex Smith? Bowe says yes.

So they go out and try to get the best deal.

It's not the end of the QB makeover. It's just a good faith show to a Pro Bowl WR so they can lock down Albert.

Makes some sense, is all I'm saying.

Accept we've been told that they will not tag Albert, under any circumstance.

Cannibal 02-24-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

The Chiefs can't say they will get Geno, because they could always change their mind.

It's not the end of the QB makeover. It's just a good faith show to a Pro Bowl WR so they can lock down Albert.

Seems somewhat plausible. It'd be awesome if you're right.

Valiant 02-24-2013 07:58 PM

Ohh well.. I made my mind up after 25+ years as a Chiefs fan..If we do not draft a QBotf in the 1st I will be done with the team.. Even more so if they keep trading picks for average QBs..

They wont miss my money, like I wont miss rooting for a team that has not won a playoff game in almost 20years

dirk digler 02-24-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Then Bowe is a reerun. Alex Smith is a no better than a backup QB which is all Bowe has played with since he has been drafted by this team.

Hammock Parties 02-24-2013 07:59 PM

CHILL people.

We ARE drafting Geno.

Reid getting his buddy Mooch to put him under the hot light on NFL Network to see his reactions is even more proof of that. I bet this was a set up. Reid was even mentioned in the interview.

Hootie 02-24-2013 07:59 PM

clearly with Smith you can work the stats however you want...he was a well documented bust for the first 4 or 5 years of his career.

no doubt about it

but as an adult, I get to watch football and formulate my own opinions...he was an above average QB this year and seemed to really develop into a quality QB.

is he Tom Brady? hell no

is he a guy who can fit a system and perform like Trent Green? IMO, yes. I think if he has the right pieces and the right coach and the right system he can be a solid QB.

and that's just my opinion, and now I'm done discussing it because I really don't even care that much

KC native 02-24-2013 07:59 PM

I feel like I've been kicked in the nuts. I hope this shit is not true.

notorious 02-24-2013 08:00 PM

I just got back from the Home Show to read this.

DonTellMeShowMe 02-24-2013 08:00 PM

I really don't think it would be that bad....if you draft Geno do you think he is ready to start week 1? Prob not, it is possible you guys get AS, have a "starter" going into week 1, STILL draft Geno and go from there. What is wrong with that?

BossChief 02-24-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9392418)
but if fans are really PINING for Alex Smith then why the **** did dipshit ***** not just keep Orton?

Orton is probably the same ****ing guy as Alex Smith.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9429058)
and if it's Alex Smith he better throw for 4000 yards and 30 TD's and be Trent Green ****ing good while we're at it

if it is Foles he better flash some serious franchise QB potential

anything short of that and I'll hate those two ****ers until further notice

Still believe these posts you made YESTERDAY?

-King- 02-24-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9434300)
Alex Smith is probably about the 15th best QB in the NFL. His ceiling is probably the 11th best. He is what he is.

ROFLROFLROFL

In no order

1. Brady
2. Flacco
3. Dalton
4. Roethlisberger
5. Schaub
6. Luck
7. Manning
8. Rivers
9. Palmer
10. Romo
11. Manning
12. RGIII
13. Cutler
14. Stafford
15. Rodgers
16. Ryan
17. Newton
18. Brees
19. Kaepernick
20. Freeman
21. Wilson

He's not better than ANY of those guys and it's not even arguable. That's 21 I would EASILY take over him. He's not better than many of the others I left out either but it would at least be arguable with them.

Mizzou_8541 02-24-2013 08:00 PM

Wait a sec....we seriously traded for Alex Smith? I can't tell if everyone is speculating....

okcchief 02-24-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9434293)
No they ****ing don't.

If they start their tenure repeating the same mistake this team has made for DECADES they deserve every bit of ire and ridicule they get.

You might as well walk away then dude because they are getting that amount of time.

RyFo18 02-24-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

But he had Michael Crabtree. And Crabtree never had a quarterback until he had Kaepernick.

htismaqe 02-24-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 9434282)
Well, there's a plus.

Not a plus at all. Just says that Dwayne Bowe has no idea what a legit QB really is.

KCrockaholic 02-24-2013 08:01 PM

I have faith in GoChiefs with this. Let's just hope his luck with getting everything right doesn't come to an end soon.

RunKC 02-24-2013 08:01 PM

Alex Smith is much better than Matt Cassel. He's not a Matt Schaub starter at best. Not really good, but not really bad.
He's mediocre with a good QB coach.

I pray they do something that we haven't done in years: draft a QB in the 2nd round and develop him.

DonTellMeShowMe 02-24-2013 08:01 PM

just think of the "Smiths" potential you guys will have with Geno and Alex

Setsuna 02-24-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonTellMeShowMe (Post 9434340)
I really don't think it would be that bad....if you draft Geno do you think he is ready to start week 1? Prob not, it is possible you guys get AS, have a "starter" going into week 1, STILL draft Geno and go from there. What is wrong with that?

You're on the bargaining stage of depression. Keep on trucking.

htismaqe 02-24-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonTellMeShowMe (Post 9434340)

They're not going to trade for Alex Smith AND draft Geno Smith.

RUSH 02-24-2013 08:01 PM

PF Central is a joke.

It's like incarcerated bob. Throw educated guesses out there and see what sticks.

htismaqe 02-24-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9434351)
Alex Smith is much better than Matt Cassel. He's not a Matt Schaub starter at best. Not really good, but not really bad.

I pray they do something that we haven't done in years: draft a QB in the 2nd round and develop him.

He said he wouldn't beat me again.

Hootie 02-24-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9434314)
Do you remember Cassel in NE?

Yeah, I do. I get to use that example as why Peyton Manning > Tom Brady.

The Franchise 02-24-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUSH (Post 9434356)
PF Central is a joke.

It's like incarcerated bob. Throw educated guesses out there and see what sticks.

I tweeted him and asked him what he's ever broken.

tecumseh 02-24-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 9434330)
Ohh well.. I made my mind up after 25+ years as a Chiefs fan..If we do not draft a QBotf in the 1st I will be done with the team.. Even more so if they keep trading picks for average QBs..

They wont miss my money, like I wont miss rooting for a team that has not won a playoff game in almost 20years

Why wait?

O.city 02-24-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Go **** yourself. We can take that piece of shit in your sig in the 3rd round and he can suck shit on the bench.

tk13 02-24-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 9434344)
Wait a sec....we seriously traded for Alex Smith? I can't tell if everyone is speculating....

Speculation at this point, from CBS Sports. One report that the Niners are saying a deal is close to done. Cleveland and Jax supposedly say it's not them.

penbrook 02-24-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9434335)
CHILL people.

We ARE drafting Geno.

Reid getting his buddy Mooch to put him under the hot light on NFL Network to see his reactions is even more proof of that. I bet this was a set up. Reid was even mentioned in the interview.

He's also doing a interview with Barkley tommmorow.

-King- 02-24-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9434337)

but as an adult, I get to watch football and formulate my own opinions...he was an above average QB this year and seemed to really develop into a quality QB.

is he a guy who can fit a system and perform like Trent Green? IMO, yes. I think if he has the right pieces and the right coach and the right system he can be a solid QB.

The story of Matt Cassel 2008 and 2010.

.... BTW, those 2 Cassel years are better than any year of Smith's career.

mnchiefsguy 02-24-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

CHILL people.

We ARE drafting Geno.

I pray to God you are right. Trying not to get mad and depressed about it before we get actual confirmation from a reliable source, but it is hard.

We Chiefs fans have been suffering for a long time....I hope that the joy that many of us felt when Andy Reid was hired is not destroyed by a Cassel like trade.

DonTellMeShowMe 02-24-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9434355)

well everyone here thinks/thought they are drafting Geno, so I was riding that wave of optimism.

Sully 02-24-2013 08:03 PM

The 49ers have expressed to others that a deal for QB Alex Smith is effective...

So...
What are the 15th-20th best prospects in next year's draft?

Molitoth 02-24-2013 08:04 PM

The only positive about bringing in alex smith is that we can all just stop wasting our time with this team.

BossChief 02-24-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9434355)

I wouldn't be so fast to say that. He is being traded here on a 2 year contract.

If we traded a fourth, it's not for him as a cemented starter.

Hootie 02-24-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9434342)
ROFLROFLROFL

In no order

1. Brady
2. Flacco
3. Dalton
4. Roethlisberger
5. Schaub
6. Luck
7. Manning
8. Rivers
9. Palmer
10. Romo
11. Manning
12. RGIII
13. Cutler
14. Stafford
15. Rodgers
16. Ryan
17. Newton
18. Brees
19. Kaepernick
20. Freeman
21. Wilson

He's not better than ANY of those guys and it's not even arguable. That's 21 I would EASILY take over him. He's not better than many of the others I left out either but it would at least be arguable with them.

Freeman, Stafford, Cutler, Palmer, Rivers, Schaub, Dalton and Flacco (sorry I still can't elevate Flacco quite yet because he confuses me) are all right around the Alex Smith tier.

I need consistency out of Stafford and Freeman...Rivers appears to be washed up, and Palmer is ****ing terrible. I wouldn't take Palmer if the Raiders gave me a 3rd round pick as well. The Bears blame the offensive line but I just think Cutler is indecisive and makes his line look much worse than it really is.

okcchief 02-24-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

CHILL people.

We ARE drafting Geno.

Love your optimism, and hope you are right.

DaKCMan AP 02-24-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Mods: can we change this tard's name to MattBlundin?

Strongside 02-24-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9434376)
I wouldn't be so fast to say that. He is being traded here on a 2 year contract.

Knowing this franchise we'll give him 12 years 300 million.

-King- 02-24-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9434379)
Freeman, Stafford, Cutler, Palmer, Rivers, Schaub, Dalton and Flacco (sorry I still can't elevate Flacco quite yet because he confuses me) are all right around the Alex Smith tier.

Opinion dismissed.

mnchiefsguy 02-24-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Yes but if we trade our fourth for Alex, and then took Geno, we would have spent two of our first four draft picks on QBs.....does anyone see that happening? It is a new regime, so the idea cannot be completely dismissed, but I am not sure if I can envision that happening.

notorious 02-24-2013 08:07 PM

Meltdown imminent.

htismaqe 02-24-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

And when they extend him?

the Talking Can 02-24-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9434379)

I need consistency out of Stafford and Freeman...Rivers appears to be washed up, and Palmer is ****ing terrible. I wouldn't take Palmer if the Raiders gave me a 3rd round pick as well. The Bears blame the offensive line but I just think Cutler is indecisive and makes his line look much worse than it really is.

that is straight up reeruned

Molitoth 02-24-2013 08:07 PM

The broncos go out and get one of the best qbs of all time, meanwhile to counteract the chiefs go out and get......

Wait for it......

Wait for it.......

Yeah.

Hammock Parties 02-24-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9434350)
I have faith in GoChiefs with this. Let's just hope his luck with getting everything right doesn't come to an end soon.

We are ABSOLUTELY picking Geno.

There is no one else to pick now that Star's medical issues have come out, and Geno ran a ****ing 4.56 and demonstrated his footwork and accuracy AND said all the right things in two national interviews.

Alex Smith is going to come here and push Geno and that's WELL worth a 4th rounder.

Hootie 02-24-2013 08:08 PM

lets put it this way...

if you replace Alex Smith with (Freeman, Stafford, Cutler, Palmer, Rivers, Schaub, Dalton and Flacco) I'd still be irritated we didn't take Geno Smith.

I just don't think Joe Flacco is a franchise QB. I realize he won a Super Bowl. I also realize it took a miracle dipshit play from Rahim Moore for it to happen.

I realize what you do in the postseason defines you as a QB but he's just way too inconsistent in the regular season for me to be rah rah excited about Joe Flacco.

Maybe the Super Bowl will give him that Brady swagger and he'll start to rape worlds next year...

Sorter 02-24-2013 08:08 PM

Did the year of the GoChiefs officially expire after Pioli was fired, or is still on?

okcchief 02-24-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9434386)
Opinion dismissed.

No shit!

NJChiefsFan 02-24-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9434030)
SO WHAT DO THEY DO

THEY LET ALL THREE GUYS WALK

BRING IN ALEX SMITH

USE THE FIRST OVERALL ON A QB

AND FIND A DEVELOPMENTAL GUY THAT THEY LIKE

THIS SHOULD BE WELCOMED AS A POSITIVE DEVELOPMENT

Except none of what you said has even been rumored except for Alex Smith. You will have to forgive me for not reading your hypothetical and feeling better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9434211)
well, a fanbase full of ****ing clowns goes QUITE well with a front office/team full of ****ing clowns. are we ever going to stop ****ing tripping over our own goddamned feet? ****

Perfect.

tony77 02-24-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Yes. To be fair before 2010 alex had no wr`s in san fran to throw to.

Hammock Parties 02-24-2013 08:09 PM

Alex Smith is the fallback plan if Geno turns out to be a pot-smoking puppy rapist or something. It's a good plan.

ShowtimeSBMVP 02-24-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9434392)

There is no one else to pick now that Star's medical issues have come out, and Geno ran a ****ing 4.56 and demonstrated his footwork and accuracy AND said all the right things in two national interviews.

Alex Smith is going to come here and push Geno and that's WELL worth a 4th rounder.

Once again Chiefs wont be paying 8.5m for a backup. They don't wanna pay Cassel 7.5m number

RealSNR 02-24-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9434382)
Mods: can we change this tard's name to MattBlundin?

This.

He's gone from SOC comrade to Tyler Wilson homer to Tyler Wilson ****nugget to EJ Manuel rationalizer to Holocaust denier. All in the span of a few months.

Eternal banishment would put him out of his misery.

KCrockaholic 02-24-2013 08:09 PM

Reid always talks about how he's going to "build" the QB position. Not sure what that means, but he better have a good ****ing plan.

Hammock Parties 02-24-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9434396)
Did the year of the GoChiefs officially expire after ***** was fired, or is still on?

It's still on because Cassel is going to be cut...and we hired Reid when I was talking about doing it in December....and I am a ****ing savant.

Geno Smith + Alex Smith and get ready to roll with this shit.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-24-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9434404)
Once again Chiefs wont be paying 8.5m for a backup. They don't wanna pay Cassel 7.5m number

This.

The Franchise 02-24-2013 08:10 PM

I wonder if Andy Reid likes E.J. Manuel more. Trade for Smith.....draft Manuel and let him sit for a year or two.

Hootie 02-24-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9434390)

so

from this group

Freeman, Stafford, Cutler, Palmer, Rivers, Schaub, Dalton and Flacco

who would you be all like "yay now we don't need Geno"?

Stafford I'm sure. He took a big step back this year though.

Flacco probably. I still don't trust him. He really does confuse me.

Freeman, Cutler, Palmer, Rivers, Dalton and Schaub? Come on. Those guys aren't going to win anything unless they have great teams around them...and Alex Smith proved he could do that with Harbaugh and the amazingly talented 49ers last season and for another half of a season this year.

htismaqe 02-24-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

You're all in.

What are you going to do when it doesn't happen?

KC native 02-24-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

I hope you are right.

penbrook 02-24-2013 08:11 PM

NFL GURU@ChiefsBeef

So Alex Smith is either going to the #Chiefs or #Cardinals (most likely). Andy Reid also was going to the Chiefs or Cardinals. How fitting?

-King- 02-24-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9434390)

ROFL Seriously.

DeezNutz 02-24-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9434393)
Maybe the Super Bowl will give him that Brady swagger and he'll start to rape worlds next year...

Yes, the SB that he had to be benched to get to will give him confidence.

Alex Smith is career underachiever who should be in his prime this very instant, and his presence as the starter all but guarantees that the Chiefs have no hope of winning a SB.

Don't try to play mental gymnastics to justify this abortion as you did with the second round of the 2010 NFL draft.

DaKCMan AP 02-24-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9434414)
I wonder if Andy Reid likes E.J. Manuel more. Trade for Smith.....draft Manuel and let him sit for a year or two.

That would be a ****ing epic disaster. EJ Manuel is utter trash. Garbage. Will never be a successful starting QB in the NFL.

The Franchise 02-24-2013 08:12 PM

ROFL at the 49ers trading Smith to the Cardinals.

RUSH 02-24-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9434362)
I tweeted him and asked him what he's ever broken.

He claimed to break the release of Turner the other day.

But he had like 8 million coming his way and could barely move the whole year. Pretty damn easy to connect the dots on that one.

It's stupid shit like that and fake contract #'s that can't be proven wrong. And if they're close then they just say it must have changed or I had the right team. Easy to see through.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-24-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9434416)
You're all in.

He is delusional because he has probably been working on some ultimate Geno highlight that he was going to show when we drafted him.

Now it's just a waste...

Red Dawg 02-24-2013 08:12 PM

How does any of this bring Peyton Manning to KC?

tony77 02-24-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9434200)
Except Smith has a career average of 178.5 ypg with a rating of 79.1 and
Green in his 6 yrs in Kansas City averaged 243.9 ypg and a rating of 87.3

But before kc green was nothing. Nomore than a journeyman QB.

Strongside 02-24-2013 08:13 PM

Bad luck Bryan...

http://i.imgur.com/Cyun4iM.png

the Talking Can 02-24-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9434415)
so

from this group

Freeman, Stafford, Cutler, Palmer, Rivers, Schaub, Dalton and Flacco

who would you be all like "yay now we don't need Geno"?

Stafford I'm sure. He took a big step back this year though.

Flacco probably. I still don't trust him. He really does confuse me.

Freeman, Cutler, Palmer, Rivers, Dalton and Schaub? Come on. Those guys aren't going to win anything unless they have great teams around them...and Alex Smith proved he could do that with Harbaugh and the amazingly talented 49ers last season and for another half of a season this year.

please stop it

RyFo18 02-24-2013 08:14 PM

They should still consider drafting Alex Smith's little brother, Geno.

Hammock Parties 02-24-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9434416)
You're all in.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-m..._Happening.gif

O.city 02-24-2013 08:15 PM

Wait did that tweet say e was likely goin to the cards?

O.city 02-24-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9434419)
NFL GURU@ChiefsBeef

So Alex Smith is either going to the #Chiefs or #Cardinals (most likely). Andy Reid also was going to the Chiefs or Cardinals. How fitting?

What?

RyFo18 02-24-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9434440)
Wait did that tweet say e was likely goin to the cards?

Nobody knows a ****in thing. All assholes speculating now.

penbrook 02-24-2013 08:16 PM

How can I post pictures on here.

DeezNutz 02-24-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony77 (Post 9434430)
But before kc green was nothing. Nomore than a journeyman QB.

Before coming to KC, Green threw 39 TDs and 16 INTs with an average QB rating of 91.