ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs are releasing RT Eric Winston (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270822)

Sassy Squatch 03-07-2013 08:09 AM

Mcintosh was the first Chiefs player that made me rage. (****ing young as hell.)

ChiefMojo 03-07-2013 08:10 AM

I think it is very apparent we are trading Albert and taking Joeckel at #1. One would hope we would get a 1st rounder for Albert and someone like the Rams makes sense. They desperately need a LT and they have two 1st rounders. Lets say we get their #16 pick. Now we replace Albert with Joeckel and are still free to take either a QB, CB, OG or even possibly a WR at #16.

As for the RT spot, this is a deep FA market for OT's. One would assume we could find someone that is a upgrade in fit (better pass protector) there. Then there is Stephenson that could be the RT as well.

Direckshun 03-07-2013 08:10 AM

McIntosh was decent at both LT and RT, and was let go with zero fanfare.

But he is a lesson, however, is how ****ing touchy LTs get when you try to move them.

And he was a below average one.

suds79 03-07-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9473205)
I think it is very apparent we are trading Albert and taking Joeckel at #1. One would hope we would get a 1st rounder for Albert and someone like the Rams makes sense. They desperately need a LT and they have two 1st rounders. Lets say we get their #16 pick. Now we replace Albert with Joeckel and are still free to take either a QB, CB, OG or even possibly a WR at #16.

As for the RT spot, this is a deep FA market for OT's. One would assume we could find someone that is a upgrade in fit (better pass protector) there. Then there is Stephenson that could be the RT as well.

Agree with this.

Lions also need a LT. Backus is 35 and it'd be an upgrade.

I think we all need to prepare ourselves for disappointment in the value back for Albert.

I mean if we get our starting QB for a 2nd and a mid rounder next year, what makes us think we'll get a 1st for a LT? I just have a hard time seeing it.

Direckshun 03-07-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Yeah, I think the hole at RT is being exaggerated here. We drafted two guys in the 2nd and 3rd round last year who could man the RT spot.

Now if we lose Albert, that's probably case closed on the 1st overall pick. I think Fisher is just as likely the pick as Joeckel, but the pick would be all but certain to be one of them.

I think the Rams would be a good fit. It's just hard to see a team dealing a high pick to the Chiefs and then paying Albert, when there are more than a couple pretty good LTs already on the market.

ChiefMojo 03-07-2013 08:15 AM

Well I would expect us to get a first rounder in the fact he was a first rounder. He is a still a very good LT. If there is a team in the 1st round desperate for a LT but feels they won't be able to land one of the three elite LT's in the draft, wouldn't you expect them to be all over a deal for Albert? This is their chance to make a move at a position of need... seems like a fair trade to me.

There is no guarantee so and so LT will come to your franchise, making you over pay for that player in the long run. By trading for Albert, you may give up a 1st rounder but you get to dictate his salary in many ways..

redfan 03-07-2013 08:18 AM

I guess the Chiefs didn't like his TV commercial. It was too soon.

Direckshun 03-07-2013 08:19 AM

The sad thing is we will probably have no idea what deal, if any, Albert will be involved in until the Draft comes and goes.

If the Chiefs are trying to pull off a trade, it'll go right up to the moment the Chiefs are on the clock.

Hammock Parties 03-07-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9473211)
Yeah, I think the hole at RT is being exaggerated here. We drafted two guys in the 2nd and 3rd round last year who could man the RT spot.

Now if we lose Albert, that's probably case closed on the 1st overall pick. I think Fisher is just as likely the pick as Joeckel, but the pick would be all but certain to be one of them.

I think the Rams would be a good fit. It's just hard to see a team dealing a high pick to the Chiefs and then paying Albert, when there are more than a couple pretty good LTs already on the market.

You're certainly cavalier over what would be a ****ing disaster.

If we take an OT with the first pick **** Dorsey, **** Reid, and **** ANYONE who defends them.

Radar Chief 03-07-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Well, not sure I care for it but that makes one hell of a lot more sense than using the tag on a Left Tackle just to move him to Right Tackle.

Direckshun 03-07-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9473219)

I've long forgotten what it is like to have emotions.

I'm now more machine than man.

suds79 03-07-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9473219)

If we take an OT with the first pick **** Dorsey, **** Reid, and **** ANYONE who defends them.

Dude you need to prepare yourself then because all signs say it's going to happen.

Might as well decide now if you're done or not.

PhillyChiefFan 03-07-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9473186)
I hope you die in a most horrific way.

Soon.

Sarcasm? I hope so...

Otherwise I suggest you go back and read the part where I was quoting someone else.

Rausch 03-07-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

I think it is very apparent we are trading Albert and taking Joeckel at #1.

Why? Because we cut an overpaid RT that couldn't pass block?

Quote:

Exactly. It's not that hard to replace a RT...

tooge 03-07-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Bingo. It's entirely possible that the chiefs have spoken to multiple teams about a trade for the first pick. While that dialogue goes on, I'm sure that they are talking about trading Albert as well.

If the Lambs would give up #16 for Albert, the Chiefs can either take Joekel at #1 and then the QBotf at 16, or they can get Jake Long or Andre Smith in FA, and have two #1 picks, one to go get the d back they need, and one for a young QB.

Radar Chief 03-07-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9473224)
I've long forgotten what it is like to have emotions.

I'm now more machine than man.

Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto /Styx

BossChief 03-07-2013 08:39 AM

Why would they trade Albert after making a comment that they want to use Bowe and Albert as a motivational tool that "if you work hard, you will be rewarded"?

Dorsey has said they are still working on a long term deal.

ChiefMojo 03-07-2013 08:43 AM

Saying they are working on a deal doesn't mean one will get complete. Not to mention if someone wants to give up something tasty like a 1st rounder, who is to say KC would turn that down?

As long as the LT talk keeps being rammed down our throats by the media for pick #1, I'll have the train of thought that Albert is being shopped. Just can't see us keeping Albert and taking a LT at #1.

I'll say this though. If Albert does indeed want a long term contract with KC, he is going to have to give a little on his demands to stay here I bet. KC holds the cards on his future due to the options of taking a LT #1 or trading him.

tooge 03-07-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9473246)
Why would they trade Albert after making a comment that they want to use Bowe and Albert as a motivational tool that "if you work hard, you will be rewarded"?

I know you want Geno man. So do I. It isn't happening. If they can trade Albert for a first round pick, and pick up a free agent LT or get Joekel #1, then it's a no brainer.

We, as Chiefs fans, are so used to the front office taking it in the shorts, that we simply aren't used to how winning organizations "do it". This is how they "do it". They are movers and shakers. They get things done. I'm really liking how this FO seems to have a plan and they are executing it step by step. We will know alot more in a week or two.

RunKC 03-07-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Well he hasn't been rewarded yet until he gets that long-term deal. This could get real interesting.

DaKCMan AP 03-07-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9473251)
Saying they are working on a deal doesn't mean one will get complete. Not to mention if someone wants to give up something tasty like a 1st rounder, who is to say KC would turn that down?

As long as the LT talk keeps being rammed down our throats by the media for pick #1, I'll have the train of thought that Albert is being shopped. Just can't see us keeping Albert and taking a LT at #1.

I don't see a team giving up a 1st rd pick + signing Albert to a huge deal when they can a) draft a OT at a lower salary or b) sign a FA and keep their draft pick.

DaKCMan AP 03-07-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9473252)
I know you want Geno man. So do I. It isn't happening. If they can trade Albert for a first round pick, and pick up a free agent LT or get Joekel #1, then it's a no brainer.

We, as Chiefs fans, are so used to the front office taking it in the shorts, that we simply aren't used to how winning organizations "do it". This is how they "do it". They are movers and shakers. They get things done. I'm really liking how this FO seems to have a plan and they are executing it step by step. We will know alot more in a week or two.

Discarding a 28-year old top-10 LT is how winning teams "do it"?

wazu 03-07-2013 08:45 AM

PFF just tweeted that Winston was the 9th best RT in the league last year.

DaKCMan AP 03-07-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9473257)

PFF is stupid.

Direckshun 03-07-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9473254)
I don't see a team giving up a 1st rd pick + signing Albert to a huge deal when they can a) draft a OT at a lower salary or b) sign a FA and keep their draft pick.

Yup.

Rausch 03-07-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9473256)

No...

MarylandChiefsFan 03-07-2013 08:51 AM

Newbie here so pls be kind. My take is that Dorsey and Reid have said they want to change the culture in KC. By this move they have removed an individual that put KC in the media spot light in a negative way. In addition Reid is a passing coach and Winston was good at run blocking but not so much at pass blocking.

tooge 03-07-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9473256)

Sometimes yes. Like when the Pats let Seymore go. If you can get another first round pick for him, AND get the same guy with a higher cieling that is 6 years younger, with no injury history, and for half the cost, then you do it.

Deberg_1990 03-07-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9473122)
I think this has to be a personal thing for the Chiefs. Maybe Hunt was just that pissed off that Winston went after the fans to the media, or maybe they just want to vanquish the bad blood and felt he wasn't good enough to be worth the bad PR.

MIght have had a lil something to do with it.....

No one should forget this tool threw the fanbase under the bus. The National media had a field day bashing KC fan. Clark had to issue a public statement to defend us.....Whitlock wrote multiple columns to defend us.......Screw this tool.

Rausch 03-07-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9473267)
Sometimes yes. Like when the Pats let Seymore go. If you can get another first round pick for him, AND get the same guy with a higher cieling that is 6 years younger, with no injury history, and for half the cost, then you do it.

How often did they trade away pro bowl level offensive lineman?

Direckshun 03-07-2013 08:54 AM

Here's how I fix the OL:

* keep Albert tagged while you try to ink him long term.
* give Stephenson his shot at RT, given that he played decently last year in 6 starts.
* re-up Patterson and Hochstein to solidify interior line depth for another year.
* draft a tackle at solid value in the midrounds for depth.

LT: Albert, draft pick
LG: Allen, Hochstein
C: Hudson, Patterson
RG: Asamoah, Hochstein
RT: Stephenson, draft pick

PhillyChiefFan 03-07-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarylandChiefsFan (Post 9473265)
Newbie here so pls be kind. My take is that Dorsey and Reid have said they want to change the culture in KC. By this move they have removed an individual that put KC in the media spot light in a negative way. In addition Reid is a passing coach and Winston was good at run blocking but not so much at pass blocking.

Welcome to the planet man!

I'd agree with you. Definitely more of a run blocker. If true guess Jamaal Charles may as well get use to being a receiving back ala Brian Westbrook or LeSean McCoy....

Direckshun 03-07-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarylandChiefsFan (Post 9473265)

I think you're reading into it too much.

The NFL is all about value. How much can you sign a guy for vs. how much will he give you.

Winston just was too much in the wrong direction on that equation.

PhillyChiefFan 03-07-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9473254)

Yep, a lot of OT's in FA and a deep draft for OT.

Albert's options aren't too vast.

MarylandChiefsFan 03-07-2013 08:57 AM

Thanks

PhillyChiefFan 03-07-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9473275)
I think you're reading into it too much.

The NFL is all about value. How much can you sign a guy for vs. how much will he give you.

Winston just was too much in the wrong direction on that equation.

Do you think Scooter overpaid for Winston and that's why Reid/Dorsey decided to cut him?

I heard a rumor that he was injured, but haven't seen much about it since.

DaKCMan AP 03-07-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9473267)

Seymour was 30 with 8 years in the league. Albert is 28 with 5 years in the league.

Direckshun 03-07-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan (Post 9473281)
Do you think Scooter overpaid for Winston and that's why Reid/Dorsey decided to cut him?

I heard a rumor that he was injured, but haven't seen much about it since.

I'm thinking it had to do with an injury, yes.

I thought we got Winston for fair market value, however, when we got him. So if Winston was healthy, this is a head-scratcher for me.

We'll see, I guess. If he's starting for somebody next year, that'll answer that.

MarylandChiefsFan 03-07-2013 09:01 AM

Is there a good RT that excels at pass blocking in FA that could be gotten cheap?

tooge 03-07-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9473272)
How often did they trade away pro bowl level offensive lineman?

THis is a unique situation for KC. NE wasn't in the top ten, and perhaps they didn't have an offensive lineman that was a probowler that was on up for FA at the same time as a solid LT was coming out, and there were good FA tackles available. You can't compare the two.

I'm simply stating a fact. That fact is this: If you have a LT that is 28 yo with a history of a back injury, and another team will give you a mid first round pick for him, and you have the first pick in the draft, with a very solid young LT coming into the draft, and you can get him at half the cost of the guy you currently have, you do it. Why wouldn't you?

mr. tegu 03-07-2013 09:07 AM

There is no way they move Albert to RT or draft a RT a 1.1. Just no way.

DaKCMan AP 03-07-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9473287)
THis is a unique situation for KC. NE wasn't in the top ten, and perhaps they didn't have an offensive lineman that was a probowler that was on up for FA at the same time as a solid LT was coming out, and there were good FA tackles available. You can't compare the two.

I'm simply stating a fact. That fact is this: If you have a LT that is 28 yo with a history of a back injury, and another team will give you a mid first round pick for him, and you have the first pick in the draft, with a very solid young LT coming into the draft, and you can get him at half the cost of the guy you currently have, you do it. Why wouldn't you?

That doesn't sound like fact - it sounds like an opinionated viewpoint.

tooge 03-07-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9473295)

so you disagree? If so, which part doesn't make sense?

royr17 03-07-2013 09:10 AM

You dont waste a 1st round pick on a RT, you plug Stephenson at RT and find a player in the 3rd round that can be used as a swing tackle.

MarylandChiefsFan 03-07-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9473293)

I tend to agree. Albert is trade bait now and a RT probably in FA

Chiefnj2 03-07-2013 09:14 AM

Dorsey's interview on kccchiefs about the team addressing its free agents, doesn't give the impression that signing Albert was very important. It seemed like putting the tag on Albert was a placeholder.

tooge 03-07-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarylandChiefsFan (Post 9473303)
I tend to agree. Albert is trade bait now and a RT probably in FA

You've already got your RT on the roster in Allen or Stevenson. You get a guard in free agency or mid rounds of the draft, you get your LT with the 1.1 pick, and you use the pick you aquire for him on the QBOTF.

mr. tegu 03-07-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9473310)
You've already got your RT on the roster in Allen or Stevenson. You get a guard in free agency or mid rounds of the draft, you get your LT with the 1.1 pick, and you use the pick you aquire for him on the QBOTF.

We already have a proven LT. We can keep him and assure ourselves of getting our choice of QBs and not waiting until the middle of the first to get the leftovers. It just doesn't make sense to me. If your plan is to have a QB and LT, I see no scenario in which it is better to get a leftover QB and an unproven LT instead of keeping your proven LT and taking your pick of the QBs. Screw value.

MarylandChiefsFan 03-07-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9473309)
Dorsey's interview on kccchiefs about the team addressing its free agents, doesn't give the impression that signing Albert was very important. It seemed like putting the tag on Albert was a placeholder.

This

Rausch 03-07-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9473295)

Exactly. The fact is that Albert is our best overall offensive lineman. And a LT at that. You don't trade a guy under 30, who's the best lineman you have, at LT no less...

We need a legit WR, CB, and ILB, and RT.

You don't go and create a hole you don't have to and then fill that hole at 1.1

Instead you sign him so you don't have that hole and use that pick on the best value there. To me (if we don't trade down) that's CB...

patteeu 03-07-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9473293)

But they could draft a future LT at 1.1 and play him at RT for a year. That's not necessarily optimal, but it's far from unprecedented.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-07-2013 09:22 AM

We have spent entirely too many picks on the OL in the previous drafts to dip into that well again this year, especially at tackle.

If the Chiefs were to go after a lineman this year, they should look at a center, and do so in the mid-late rounds. Shift Hudson to guard and have the two second year players battle it out for RT and swing tackle depth.

Rausch 03-07-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9473323)
If the Chiefs were to go after a lineman this year, they should look at a center, and do so in the mid-late rounds. Shift Hudson to guard and have the two second year players battle it out for RT and swing tackle depth.

I'd like to keep Hudson at C. I think he'll develop into a really good one but I can see the argument to move him.

And BTW, **** Winston and his crybaby drama. I love that we cut him...:thumb:

Chiefnj2 03-07-2013 09:23 AM

Here is where I think KC stands on Albert (pure speculation).

They weren't close in negotiations (Teicher interview w/ Dorsey). They apparently didn't even negotiate on the final day (Dorsey interview kcchiefs). Getting the punter and Bowe signed was a priority over Albert down the stretch (Dorsey interview kcchiefs).

They tag him and hope that the free agent OT class doesn't break the bank. If those guys don't get the money they think they will, or that Albert is asking for, they can come back to Albert and ask him to lower his demands. If Albert doesn't, they try to trade him and/or draft his replacement at 1.1 and move Albert to RT for one year.

They are going to protect Alex Smith as much as possible.

tooge 03-07-2013 09:23 AM

Well, our LT is already bitching about not playing RT, before the chiefs have even drafted anyone at all. That is telling as well. Guess we will have to simply disagree on this.

ChiefMojo 03-07-2013 09:23 AM

There are guard options out there depending on the what we are looking to spend. There are OG's like Andy Levitre from Buffalo that would be good but likely pricey. Then you have OG's like Donald Thomas from New England who might be a great fit or quality OG's like Brandon Moore from the Jets but he is getting up there in age (33).

This OG FA class is not that deep but if the rumblings are correct, we are looking for a new LG and bouncing Allen to the swing guard position.

Rausch 03-07-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9473327)
Well, our LT is already bitching about not playing RT, before the chiefs have even drafted anyone at all. That is telling as well. Guess we will have to simply disagree on this.

Because he want's LT money. It's not rocket science. You don't pay a RT what you pay your LT.

Now, if we were to tag him/sign him at LT $$$ and then move him to RT I'm sure he'd laugh all the way to the bank...

mcaj22 03-07-2013 09:25 AM

well as it stands right now if the season started tomorrow Alex Smith would get absolutely slaughtered behind this patchwork o-line. So lets hope they have something up their sleeve and it seems whatever that is, not many people are going to like. (ccough RT at 1.1 lol)

MarylandChiefsFan 03-07-2013 09:26 AM

Looking at Reid he loves to draft linemen either o or d so its almost inevitable that's the direction we go in.

DaKCMan AP 03-07-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9473298)
so you disagree? If so, which part doesn't make sense?

Concern over Albert's back and guarantee of a very solid LT in the draft are opinions - not facts.

mcaj22 03-07-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9473328)
There are guard options out there depending on the what we are looking to spend. There are OG's like Andy Levitre from Buffalo that would be good but likely pricey. Then you have OG's like Donald Thomas from New England who might be a great fit or quality OG's like Brandon Moore from the Jets but he is getting up there in age (33).

This OG FA class is not that deep but if the rumblings are correct, we are looking for a new LG and bouncing Allen to the swing guard position.

lol im really glad we wasted another 2nd round pick on part time back up "swing guard" then.

that's why I'd rather see him compete at RT than get beat out at guard and sit the bench and be a bust.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-07-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9473326)
Here is where I think KC stands on Albert (pure speculation).

They weren't close in negotiations (Teicher interview w/ Dorsey). They apparently didn't even negotiate on the final day (Dorsey interview kcchiefs). Getting the punter and Bowe signed was a priority over Albert down the stretch (Dorsey interview kcchiefs).

They tag him and hope that the free agent OT class doesn't break the bank. If those guys don't get the money they think they will, or that Albert is asking for, they can come back to Albert and ask him to lower his demands. If Albert doesn't, they try to trade him and/or draft his replacement at 1.1 and move Albert to RT for one year.

They are going to protect Alex Smith as much as possible.

They'll keep Albert at LT and put the rookie at RT for a year. Give the kid a softer learning curve and keep the vet gruntled. Then Albert will walk and we will have used the first two picks in a deep draft not improving a 2-14 team.

Rausch 03-07-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9473332)
well as it stands right now if the season started tomorrow Alex Smith would get absolutely slaughtered behind this patchwork o-line. So lets hope they have something up their sleeve and it seems whatever that is, not many people are going to like. (ccough RT at 1.1 lol)

If Albert, Asamoah, and Hudson are healthy I like our line. We still need another G and a RT But if can fill one hole in free agency we'll be fine...

DTHOF 03-07-2013 09:29 AM

Good riddance he sucked at pass protect and got too many untimely penalties. And everyone talks about how smart he is. How smart do you think it is too talk down your fan base?

mcaj22 03-07-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9473339)
If Albert, Asamoah, and Hudson are healthy I like our line. We still need another G and a RT But if can fill one hole in free agency we'll be fine...

right, but they made more work than they needed to, we had a G and RT and they cut one and apparently people think they are going to upgrade at G so that leaves a 2nd round pick pissing in the wind. That to me doesnt seem like good use of logic in improving a team and more going in circles but whatever.

Rausch 03-07-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9473343)
right, but they made more work than they needed to, we had a G and RT and they cut one and apparently people think they are going to upgrade at G so that leaves a 2nd round pick pissing in the wind. That to me doesnt seem like good use of logic in improving a team and more going in circles but whatever.

Dorsey hasn't wasted any picks - Pisshoi did.

Pissholi wasted almost all of them...:#

The Franchise 03-07-2013 09:33 AM

Only in KC would the fans think that because you cut your RT. ..that you now have to draft one at 1.1.

Hammock Parties 03-07-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9473323)
We have spent entirely too many picks on the OL in the previous drafts to dip into that well again this year, especially at tackle.

Unfortunately, if this bullshit comes to pass, it appears that Reid's bad experience with the OL in Philly has completely skewed his view of how to handle it in KC.

Completely stupid if it goes down this way, especially as we basically already had a top 10 set of bookends.

mr. tegu 03-07-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9473349)
Only in KC would the fans think that because you cut your RT. ..that you now have to draft one at 1.1.

It is just because for some reason some people are desperate to move Albert on the line or off the team, whether this year or next year. It is idiotic.

Hammock Parties 03-07-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Did you read this?

http://i.imgur.com/g0XolQf.jpg

Hammock Parties 03-07-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceebz (Post 9473150)
I watched people run right by Winston time and time again last season. He was awful. I don't give a shit what your boys at PFF say about it.

And I'm telling you you had no idea what you were watching.

Dumbshit fans seem to only remember the few plays a RT got beat on, and never remember the dozens that were blocked well.

Marcellus 03-07-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9473353)

Its on the internet it must be true! Dorsey and Reid are telling everyone what they plan to do I am sure.

Messier 03-07-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Exactly. Just one day before this, Dorsey said there are 6-8 players they're considering. They have pro days to go through, FA, he said they won't solidify who they're top guy is until right before the draft. Cutting Winston is not locking them into drafting OL.

aturnis 03-07-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

This.

Where has the trade rumor been floated? I'm guessing a halfway reputable site like PFT, and statements on twitter? I haven't seen any talk on ESPN or NFLN or even on ESPN radio. I don't see it as a true concern.

Also, I'd be more apt to believe they were trying to trade Winston rather than release him, contacted teams that needed tackle help, and someone took that info and ran with it as trying to trade Albert.

Hammock Parties 03-07-2013 09:38 AM

The fact that he called Winston's release 5 days in advance is pretty solid evidence he's not full of shit.

Rausch 03-07-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9473358)
Its on the internet it must be true! Dorsey and Reid are telling everyone what they plan to do I am sure.

Albert want's to get paid like a top LT.

Deservedly so.

Do you really think we'll pay him LT money to play RT?...

mr. tegu 03-07-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9473364)
The fact that he called Winston's release 5 days in advance is pretty solid evidence he's not full of shit.

He also said Albert was the priority, not Bowe.

aturnis 03-07-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9473257)

No, he wasn't.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-07-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9473351)
Unfortunately, if this bullshit comes to pass, it appears that Reid's bad experience with the OL in Philly has completely skewed his view of how to handle it in KC.

Completely stupid if it goes down this way, especially as we basically already had a top 10 set of bookends.

Reid had a good set of bookends, Thomas and Runyan, and then didn't.

I don't think he had some kind of Eureka moment, I think he's always desired a strong group of tackles. Of course, if he invested the #1 overall pick in another one, he'd be going about it the completely wrong way.

Rausch 03-07-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9473369)
No, he wasn't.

He was a ****ing beast run blocking...