ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The constant negativity is tiresome. Who is ready to join me and move on? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271150)

-King- 03-21-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9519188)
Hyperbole. Again. That is all you guys have.

In case you haven't noticed it isn't the same FO that was here before. Assuming that the result will be the same as Pioli/Crennel is ridiculous.

In case you haven't noticed, the FO is pulling the same move at the most important position in pro sports as the previous FOs.
Posted via Mobile Device

splatbass 03-21-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9519192)
In case you haven't noticed, the FO is pulling the same move at the most important position in pro sports as the previous FOs.
Posted via Mobile Device

Most GMs and coaches in the league think it was a good move. Only the CP brain trust doesn't. I don't have a very high opinion of the brain trust.

Brock 03-21-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9519202)
Most GMs and coaches in the league think it was a good move. Only the CP brain trust doesn't. I don't have a very high opinion of the brain trust.

You have absolutely no way of knowing what NFL GMs and coaches think.

-King- 03-21-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9519202)

LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave 03-21-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9519211)

That's funny, considering a large amount of people here think they know more than most NFL GMs and coaches.

splatbass 03-21-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9519211)

I know what has been reported in the press. Pretty much all positive. Except for the "wise" idiots here.

-King- 03-21-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9519226)
I know what has been reported in the press. Pretty much all positive. Except for the "wise" idiots here.

Link?
Posted via Mobile Device

Brock 03-21-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9519225)
That's funny, considering a large amount of people here think they know more than most NFL GMs and coaches.

Some of them probably do. Are you one of those people who think NFL GMs and coaches are unassailable?

Brock 03-21-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Completely meaningless.

BigMeatballDave 03-21-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9519244)
Some of them probably do. Are you one of those people who think NFL GMs and coaches are unassailable?

Heh, most fans are dumb as shit.

So are GMs and coaches.

splatbass 03-21-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9519247)
Completely meaningless.

As is the collective (and minority) opinion of you CP geniuses.

Brock 03-21-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9519278)
As is the collective (and minority) opinion of you CP geniuses.

except history seems to validate the opinion that this is not the right move.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-21-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9518942)
Being right is far more important. Blind hope is for stupid assholes.

Aaaaaaaamen.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-21-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9519029)
I'd love to play poker against you. You have no concept of odds.

Nor does he seem to understand how one increases the odds of winning a championship, much less fielding a team that can be legitimately after one every year, yes.
Posted via Mobile Device

KCDC 03-21-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Go back and read the article that quoted an AFC executive saying that, at a minimum, the Chiefs overpaid for AS and, most likely, the 49ers engaged in thievery. The exec talked about how no one really wanted AS the year before, including Harbaugh (who tried to get Manning).

NFL execs are usually polite when assessing the trades of another team. There is an unwritten code that you do not say one team was cheated. He basically said we were cheated. He was right.

But then, a bunch of journalists say it is a good move and fall for the argument that you espoused. Who do you believe? An exec who has no incentive to diss Roberts, or journalists that know only how to report statistics and say silly things like "The 49ers were one dropped kick away from the SB" as if AS deserved credit for that? In my view, the 49ers could have gone to the SB with most any QB that year -- their team was just that good. It was like an adult team playing against children. It took repeated errors to cost them the NFC Championship.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 03-21-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCDC (Post 9519383)
Go back and read the article that quoted an AFC executive saying that, at a minimum, the Chiefs overpaid for AS and, most likely, the 49ers engaged in thievery. The exec talked about how no one really wanted AS the year before, including Harbaugh (who tried to get Manning).

NFL execs are usually polite when assessing the trades of another team. There is an unwritten code that you do not say one team was cheated. He basically said we were cheated. He was right.

But then, a bunch of journalists say it is a good move and fall for the argument that you espoused. Who do you believe? An exec who has no incentive to diss Roberts, or journalists that know only how to report statistics and say silly things like "The 49ers were one dropped kick away from the SB" as if AS deserved credit for that? In my view, the 49ers could have gone to the SB with most any QB that year -- their team was just that good. It was like an adult team playing against children. It took repeated errors to cost them the NFC Championship.

Hell yeah. They want to do business with them in the future. The sooner the better, for their team.

patteeu 03-21-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCDC (Post 9519165)
What you are missing Splatbass is that, even though the odds of winning the SB are long, you have a better chance with an elite QB than an average QB. You have a better chance with an elite defense than an average defense.

With Alex Smith, our long-shot to the SB just became a long, long, long, long, loooooong shot.

What you're assuming is that Geno is an elite QB. Or at the very least, he has an average chance of being elite. Maybe he has contra indicators that make him a worse than average gamble. You hire football experts to make those calls. Some of them fail, but it's worth noting that no NFL team has ever hired their GM from the message board ranks.

Easy 6 03-21-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9519192)
Posted via Mobile Device

There simply isnt an angle from which i can believe that Clark, all of his steeped consultants, then Dorsey and Reid... do not know what their current league perception is, zero respect, see the manning no show.

Something has completely convinced them they can win with Axl, didnt see it coming at all, Reid is doing a TOTAL 180 from his trademark "keep firing", from mobile cannons like mcnabb and vick to a controlled passing, run first game?... not at all what i anticipated or expected based on his last decade plus.

Yet they're somehow doing something unexpected and different, i'll take "they must have some grand reason behind this" for $1000, alex.

Been wrong on this before, but its actually smelling pretty good in the kitchen right now.

patteeu 03-21-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9519964)
There simply isnt an angle from which i can believe that Clark, all of his steeped consultants, then Dorsey and Reid... do not know what their current league perception is, zero respect, see the manning no show.

Something has completely convinced them they can win with Axl, didnt see it coming at all, Reid is doing a TOTAL 180 from his trademark "keep firing", from mobile cannons like mcnabb and vick to a controlled passing, run first game?... not at all what i anticipated or expected based on his last decade plus.

Yet they're somehow doing something unexpected and different, i'll take "they must have some grand reason behind this" for $1000, alex.

Been wrong on this before, but its actually smelling pretty good in the kitchen right now.

I'd like to think they see something special in Alex Smith that they can work with, but I'm more inclined to think that they see nothing special in Geno Smith that they can work with.

DaneMcCloud 03-22-2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9519316)
Nor does he seem to understand how one increases the odds of winning a championship, much less fielding a team that can be legitimately after one every year, yes.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Kansas City Chiefs haven't had TWO consecutive playoff appearances since 1994-1995, yet you're concerned that the Chiefs aren't making the right moves in which to win a Super Bowl?

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

RealSNR 03-22-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9520252)
The Kansas City Chiefs haven't had TWO consecutive playoff appearances since 1994-1995, yet you're concerned that the Chiefs aren't making the right moves in which to win a Super Bowl?

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Know how you get those 2+ consecutive playoff appearances? You build the team with winning a Super Bowl in mind. From day ****ing 1.

That goes for the 0-16 Lions, the 2-14 Chiefs, and even the current Super Bowl champs Baltimore Ravens.

So yeah. If you're taking #1 overall picks and turning them into negligible improvements (if they are that at all) on the offensive line, then you're building the team the wrong way. You're not building with the Super Bowl in mind. You're building in the name of this religious dogma called "Best Player Available."

And that doesn't get you consecutive playoff appearances. It gets you the Chiefs since Joe Montana retired.

splatbass 03-22-2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapist (Post 9520257)
Know how you get those 2+ consecutive playoff appearances? You build the team with winning a Super Bowl in mind. From day ****ing 1.

That goes for the 0-16 Lions, the 2-14 Chiefs, and even the current Super Bowl champs Baltimore Ravens.

So yeah. If you're taking #1 overall picks and turning them into negligible improvements (if they are that at all) on the offensive line, then you're building the team the wrong way. You're not building with the Super Bowl in mind. You're building in the name of this religious dogma called "Best Player Available."

And that doesn't get you consecutive playoff appearances. It gets you the Chiefs since Joe Montana retired.

Andy Reid has a record of building a team with consecutive playoff appearances. What makes you think he doesn't know how to do that? And that you do?

patteeu 03-22-2013 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapist (Post 9520257)

Reach for need, which is what you advocate when you say our QB isn't good enough so we need to take one immediately with our top pick, is the opposite of what the teams Clark is trying to pattern the Chiefs after do. Teams like the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Baltimore Ravens, who have combined for 4 of the last 13 Super Bowls, adhere to that dogma you're belittling because it's a better way to achieve a longer, more lasting brand of success.

RealSNR 03-22-2013 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9520262)
Reach for need, which is what you advocate when you say our QB isn't good enough so we need to take one immediately with our top pick, is the opposite of what the teams Clark is trying to pattern the Chiefs after do. Teams like the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Baltimore Ravens, who have combined for 4 of the last 13 Super Bowls, adhere to that dogma you're belittling because it's a better way to achieve a longer, more lasting brand of success.

The Packers can do that because they have a QB. The Eagles (largely) were able to do that. And that also explains the Steelers and Ravens.

I'm trying to advocate against building the San Francisco way simply because it's so damn hard to find that many talented players across the board, THEN keep them all happy contract-wise. It's a lot easier to fill one position and simply make good selections (i.e. BPA) than it is to take an Alex Smith or Matt Cassel and depend so heavily on finding that Justin Smith, five studs on the offensive line, Aldon Smith, etc.

And before you leap down my throat with "San Francisco almost won teh Super BOWL!!!" I'm talking about team BUILDING. Alex Smith may have been pretty successful with the 49ers, but who was accompanying him on that team, and how long did it take to acquire all those guys? That's a lot of drafts. It also means rolling a yahtzee on your coaches and your GM.

That's not to say that the Packers and other teams who espouse "BPA" don't require years of player acquisition and development, or that they don't have great supporting casts. They do, but there's no question who keeps those teams going. The 2011 San Francisco 49ers with just two or three injuries to crucial players on that team turn into a 90s Chiefs squad who can't ever turn the corner. The 2010 Green Bay Packers had at least double the injuries to crucial players on that roster and won the Super Bowl anyway.

I know which way I'd rather build.

RealSNR 03-22-2013 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9520261)
Andy Reid has a record of building a team with consecutive playoff appearances. What makes you think he doesn't know how to do that? And that you do?

Is this your only argument you ever make on here? "WHERE'S YOUR TEAM, MR. FANCYPANTS GM HUHR HUHR HUHR?????"

splatbass 03-22-2013 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapist (Post 9520268)
The Packers can do that because they have a QB. The Eagles (largely) were able to do that. And that also explains the Steelers and Ravens.

I'm trying to advocate against building the San Francisco way simply because it's so damn hard to find that many talented players across the board, THEN keep them all happy contract-wise. It's a lot easier to fill one position and simply make good selections (i.e. BPA) than it is to take an Alex Smith or Matt Cassel

Alex Smith > Matt Cassel.

Mark it down, Alex Smith will be successful in KC.

KCDC 03-22-2013 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9520274)
Alex Smith > Matt Cassel.

Mark it down, Alex Smith will be successful in KC.

Any QB in the NFL > Cassel

Cassel in his second year took us to the playoffs and was a Pro Bowl alternate. Sounds like he was a "success" in KC.

How are you going to define "success" for AS? It has to be better than that.

BigRedChief 03-22-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCDC (Post 9520275)

Cassel in his second year took us to the playoffs and was a Pro Bowl alternate. Sounds like he was a "success" in KC.

How are you going to define "success" for AS? It has to be better than that.

Most definitely

splatbass 03-22-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCDC (Post 9520275)

I was responding to someone that compared Smith to Cassel. You should address this to him.

Alex Smith is a good QB. He is just not what the collective CP brain trust has wished for, so they will attack him relentlessly. That is all this is about. They will never give him a chance, and will unfairly compare him to Cassel (as the person I was responding to did) because they are throwing a temper tantrum because they didn't get their way.

KCDC 03-22-2013 12:38 PM

I was responding to your comment that we should mark it down that you think AS will be successful.

It will be easy for Homers to claim in 2015, when he is cut, that he was "successful" and that they were right ... merely because our record improved from 2-14 in 2012 to 8-8 in 2013 and 9-7 in 2014.

My point is that the "collective CP brain trust" is not likely to consider AS to be a "success" unless he has statistics that place him as a top 10 QB and the team wins at least one playoff game in the next two seasons. I think that would be a minimum, IMO.

BigMeatballDave 03-22-2013 12:43 PM

Should we change the name of this forum to "I didn't get my way so I'm throwing a tantrum like a petulant child"?

splatbass 03-22-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCDC (Post 9521145)
I was responding to your comment that we should mark it down that you think AS will be successful.

It will be easy for Homers to claim in 2015, when he is cut, that he was "successful" and that they were right ... merely because our record improved from 2-14 in 2012 to 8-8 in 2013 and 9-7 in 2014.

My point is that the "collective CP brain trust" is not likely to consider AS to be a "success" unless he has statistics that place him as a top 10 QB and the team wins at least one playoff game in the next two seasons. I think that would be a minimum, IMO.

Some of the people won't accept him even if he is a top 10 QB and wins a playoff game because his name is not Geno. Fortunately as the poll shows they are a small, although loud, minority.

KCDC 03-22-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9521173)
Should we change the name of this forum to "I didn't get my way so I'm throwing a tantrum like a petulant child"?

I assume you mean the Homers that are petulant that anyone dare criticize the regime and see anything other than unicorns and rainbows in the future?

BigMeatballDave 03-22-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCDC (Post 9521253)
I assume you mean the Homers that are petulant that anyone dare criticize the regime and see anything other than unicorns and rainbows in the future?

:LOL: I truly hope you are smarter than this.

BigMeatballDave 03-22-2013 01:26 PM

At this point I'd much rather be labeled a 'True Fan' or 'Homer'.

I wanted Geno.

I did not like the trade for Alex.

I want them to keep Albert.

I do not want to draft Joeckel #1.

I just don't feel the need to cry about all of it like a little girl with skinned knees.

Get over yourselves.

ptlyon 03-22-2013 01:35 PM

"Daddy - why do we have to leave now? Can't we stay? What are we doing stopping on this bridge?"

O.city 03-22-2013 01:36 PM

Hard to be positive when the last 20 years have been suck. I guess you could replace negative with apathetic.

But here's to hoping they get it right eventually

ChiefMojo 03-22-2013 01:39 PM

I found long time ago, this is not the board to be a member of if your looking for any happiness. Doom and gloom rules the day. To even think positive on anything means your a complete "true fan". It gets old quick but just the way it is on CP.

KCDC 03-22-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9521292)
:LOL: I truly hope you are smarter than this.

I thought a bit of humor was needed. ;)

KCDC 03-22-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9521302)
At this point I'd much rather be labeled a 'True Fan' or 'Homer'.

I wanted Geno.

I did not like the trade for Alex.

I want them to keep Albert.

I do not want to draft Joeckel #1.

I just don't feel the need to cry about all of it like a little girl with skinned knees.

Get over yourselves.

I agree with everything you said. Thank you.

The only difference between us is that I do not presume to tell someone when they need to "move on." This is especially true when the draft trades and selections are yet to occur.

Any regime that sees AS as the long term solution for this team, IMO, deserves to be suspected and subject to criticism. If he selects Geno, I will stop complaining.

If they trade down, get a great player, get an extra first rounder next year, and select a QB in round 3 that turns out to be a hope for the future, I will get on the bandwagon too.

BigRedChief 03-22-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9521334)
Hard to be positive when the last 20 years have been suck. I guess you could replace negative with apathetic.

But here's to hoping they get it right eventually

The point of the OP was not to advocate sticking our heads in the sand, ignoring history or facts of our new players.

Just that we don't have to have every single thread filled with negative thoughts. And maybe we should consider waiting until at least a half a season before calling for Reid/Dorsey's head.

patteeu 03-22-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapist (Post 9520268)

I'm trying to advocate against building the San Francisco way simply because it's so damn hard to find that many talented players across the board, THEN keep them all happy contract-wise. It's a lot easier to fill one position and simply make good selections (i.e. BPA) than it is to take an Alex Smith or Matt Cassel and depend so heavily on finding that Justin Smith, five studs on the offensive line, Aldon Smith, etc.

And before you leap down my throat with "San Francisco almost won teh Super BOWL!!!" I'm talking about team BUILDING. Alex Smith may have been pretty successful with the 49ers, but who was accompanying him on that team, and how long did it take to acquire all those guys? That's a lot of drafts. It also means rolling a yahtzee on your coaches and your GM.

That's not to say that the Packers and other teams who espouse "BPA" don't require years of player acquisition and development, or that they don't have great supporting casts. They do, but there's no question who keeps those teams going. The 2011 San Francisco 49ers with just two or three injuries to crucial players on that team turn into a 90s Chiefs squad who can't ever turn the corner. The 2010 Green Bay Packers had at least double the injuries to crucial players on that roster and won the Super Bowl anyway.

I know which way I'd rather build.

Andy Reid built that way in Philadelphia with Donovan McNabb so it shows that he's not against it. He may even prefer it. BPA isn't an antonym for building around a franchise QB. But you have to have a QB prospect available to build that way (and he also needs to be available to be considered the BPA). You seem to refuse to even consider the possibility that Reid/Dorsey just don't see that prospect in Geno Smith (or any of the other available draftee QBs).

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-22-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

"Passion-Killing Custer****" works for me.
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city 03-22-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9521860)
The point of the OP was not to advocate sticking our heads in the sand, ignoring history or facts of our new players.

Just that we don't have to have every single thread filled with negative thoughts. And maybe we should consider waiting until at least a half a season before calling for Reid/Dorsey's head.

And that's fine, I like the moves so far. But until they start winning, it's gonna be a bit negative around here.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-22-2013 07:05 PM

Win Now is the way to go. Worked GREAT for the last two regimes! Third time's a charm!
Posted via Mobile Device

Brock 03-22-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Nah, let's change it to "Let's ignore inconvenient history and pesky facts" planet.

splatbass 03-22-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9522288)
Nah, let's change it to "Let's ignore inconvenient history and pesky facts" planet.

History with past GMs and coaches has no relevance to today. Reid and Dorsey are not Pioli and Crennel or Peterson and Herm. Give them a chance. They haven't even had one single practice yet and you guys are already pronouncing them a failure. Absurd.

BigRedChief 03-23-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9522624)
History with past GMs and coaches has no relevance to today. Reid and Dorsey are not ***** and Crennel or Peterson and Herm. Give them a chance. They haven't even had one single practice yet and you guys are already pronouncing them a failure. Absurd.

To be fair if history doesn't matter to the new regime.......Why do we keep repeating the mistakes of the past?

splatbass 03-23-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9524384)
To be fair if history doesn't matter to the new regime.......Why do we keep repeating the mistakes of the past?

What was a mistake in the past isn't necessarily a mistake today. It is a different situation.

BigRedChief 03-23-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9524458)
What was a mistake in the past isn't necessarily a mistake today. It is a different situation.

So our failure to draft a starting QB worth a crap since Len Dawson is just happenstance?

splatbass 03-23-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9524462)
So our failure to draft a starting QB worth a crap since Len Dawson is just happenstance?

Or incompetence. But we don't know that Reid/Dorsey are also incompetent just because past people were. And we didn't draft Len Dawson. The greatest QB in Chiefs history, a HOF QB, was a retread. His record in the NFL before joining the AFL's Dallas Texans, was a complete failure. 21 passes for 204 yards and two touchdowns in his five (pre-AFL) seasons in the NFL before being cut.

Alex Smith has been far more successful than Lenny was before coming to this team.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-23-2013 10:48 PM

Yep, lets keep applying 60's logic to this franchise; it works GREAT!
Posted via Mobile Device

Brock 03-23-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9522624)
History with past GMs and coaches has no relevance to today. Reid and Dorsey are not ***** and Crennel or Peterson and Herm. Give them a chance. They haven't even had one single practice yet and you guys are already pronouncing them a failure. Absurd.

I am not pronouncing them failures. I disagree with their approach.

Ming the Merciless 03-23-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9524458)

this is the rationale of failure that keeps the chiefs from getting a QB

Whats the definition of insanity again?

Oh yah: repeating the same behavior, but expecting a different result

splatbass 03-23-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9524913)
this is the rationale of failure that keeps the chiefs from getting a QB

Whats the definition of insanity again?

Oh yah: repeating the same behavior, but expecting a different result

They have a QB. He just isn't a drafted rookie, so you are butthurt. Not my problem.

O.city 03-23-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9524946)
They have a QB. He just isn't a drafted rookie, so you are butthurt. Not my problem.

No it's not so take your Holier than thou shit somewhere else and quit bitching.

FloridaMan88 03-23-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9521343)
I found long time ago, this is not the board to be a member of if your looking for any happiness. Doom and gloom rules the day. To even think positive on anything means your a complete "true fan". It gets old quick but just the way it is on CP.

The Chiefs haven't done much to generate happiness since this board has existed.

Since the creation of Chiefsplanet the Chiefs are 89-122, including the two worst seasons in franchise history (2-14 in 2008 and in 2012), and 0-3 in the playoffs.

splatbass 03-23-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9524954)
No it's not so take your Holier than thou shit somewhere else and quit bitching.

the truth is that some people here will not be happy until we draft a 1st round QB. ANY first round QB, it doesn't matter.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-23-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9525039)
the truth is that some people here will not be happy until we draft a 1st round QB. ANY first round QB, it doesn't matter.

My name is Sweet Dick. Pleased to meet you.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ming the Merciless 03-23-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9524946)

youre a retart

ChiefsCountry 03-23-2013 11:58 PM

RunKC is just one of those idiots who has to be on the opposite side of the argument. He flip flops like a little bitch.

O.city 03-23-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Some would like to see their franchise go the route the majority of franchises have done to get a franchise qb instead of taking the route they perceive to be much less likely.

We are the worst franchise in the nfl and one of the worst in all of sports so yeah people are pretty negative right now. Frankly I'm surprised it took this long

Ming the Merciless 03-24-2013 12:00 AM

Quote:

plenty of people would be happy just winning ONE ****ing playoff game

you moron

cant you see that? the people that arent happy about alex smith do not think he will help with that idea

you god damn idiot

Reerun_KC 03-24-2013 12:04 AM

I think the negativity is squashed by the unicorns and rainbow morons of this fan base.

O.city 03-24-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9525048)
RunKC is just one of those idiots who has to be on the opposite side of the argument. He flip flops like a little bitch.

I don't necessarily think that, he is just ok with whatever move the new front office makes. Frankly that's the way it probably should be but after the pioli disaster an the past 20 years some have the whole fool me once mantra going.

alanm 03-24-2013 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9524462)

The Chiefs didn't draft Dawson. He was drafted by the Steelers and then went to the Browns after that. The Browns actually cut him.

splatbass 03-24-2013 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9525050)
Some would like to see their franchise go the route the majority of franchises have done to get a franchise qb instead of taking the route they perceive to be much less likely.

We are the worst franchise in the nfl and one of the worst in all of sports so yeah people are pretty negative right now. Frankly I'm surprised it took this long

Please, we are not the worst franchise in the NFL when Oakland and Phoenix are in the league. More hyperbole.

splatbass 03-24-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9525051)
plenty of people would be happy just winning ONE ****ing playoff game

you moron

cant you see that? the people that arent happy about alex smith do not think he will help with that idea

you god damn idiot

My, aren't you angry.

Being an asshole doesn't really help your case, it just makes you an asshole.

O.city 03-24-2013 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9525086)
Please, we are not the worst franchise in the NFL when Oakland and Phoenix are in the league. More hyperbole.

What? Are you serious with this? We haven't win a playoff game in 20 years, both those teams have been to SBS in that time.

What makes us a better franchise than those two teams?

Sure we have a good looking future and our owner is giving it his damnedest, but at this point we are the browns

Bump 03-24-2013 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 9498692)
CP dumbasses >>>>>>>>> Personnel in the NFL.

seems?

nah, they never woulda drafted Flacco. I believe they lol'd at the ravens for that.

Ming the Merciless 03-24-2013 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9525090)
My, aren't you angry.

Being an asshole doesn't really help your case, it just makes you an asshole.

quit ****ing pretending everyone who doesnt like the trade is an idiot

we all want to win, period

i guarantee you if alex smith wins a playoff game, no one will care we didnt draft him...except for 1 or 2 idiots that everyone should already have on ignore

flat out guarantee

splatbass 03-24-2013 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9525097)
What? Are you serious with this? We haven't win a playoff game in 20 years, both those teams have been to SBS in that time.

What makes us a better franchise than those two teams?

Sure we have a good looking future and our owner is giving it his damnedest, but at this point we are the browns

Yes, I am serious. The Raiders had one good season basically since the 80s. until he died they had a senile idiot running the team. Phoenix has been just as bad. The Browns are probably the worst.

splatbass 03-24-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9525102)

i guarantee you if alex smith wins a playoff game, no one will care we didnt draft him...except for 1 or 2 idiots that everyone should already have on ignore

flat out guarantee

I'm not saying you are an idiot, I'm saying you are acting like an asshole BECAUSE YOU ARE ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE. Go back and read your insulting post to me that I did nothing to deserve. I was being polite to you, but apparently disagreeing with you enrages you and turns you into a raving asshole.

Ming the Merciless 03-24-2013 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9525106)
I'm not saying you are an idiot, I'm saying you are acting like an asshole BECAUSE YOU ARE ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE. Go back and read your insulting post to me that I did nothing to deserve. I was being polite to you, but apparently disagreeing with you enrages you and turns you into a raving asshole.

you mean before this one: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...&postcount=855 ??

you ****ing spazz

go cry to your two dads and suck milk from their teets

by the way , your version of polite is saying shit to me you wouldnt say to my face...just fyi

O.city 03-24-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9525103)
Yes, I am serious. The Raiders had one good season basically since the 80s. until he died they had a senile idiot running the team. Phoenix has been just as bad. The Browns are probably the worst.

So those teams have had 1 or 2 good years since the 80s and are worse than the chiefs who haven't had any good years that result in a playoff win since, well pretty much the 80s.

I guess if it makes you feel better as a fan go ahead and think that but even more in terms of they way the franchises have been ran from the management side of things, up to this point the chiefs are right there with the bottom feeders of the league.

Ming the Merciless 03-24-2013 12:34 AM

didnt oakland sweep us, its all painful

Bump 03-24-2013 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9525102)

flat out guarantee

If he gets us 1 single playoff win, I'll be like, ok. This was a good trade.

splatbass 03-24-2013 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9525113)
you mean before this one: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...&postcount=855 ??

you ****ing spazz

go cry to your two dads and suck milk from their teets

by the way , your version of polite is saying shit to me you wouldnt say to my face...just fyi

I would say anything to your face, tough guy.

splatbass 03-24-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9525122)
So those teams have had 1 or 2 good years since the 80s and are worse than the chiefs who haven't had any good years that result in a playoff win since, well pretty much the 80s.

I guess if it makes you feel better as a fan go ahead and think that but even more in terms of they way the franchises have been ran from the management side of things, up to this point the chiefs are right there with the bottom feeders of the league.

The Chiefs had the most wins of any team in the 90s. That is more than any of those other teams can say.

O.city 03-24-2013 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9525152)
The Chiefs had the most wins of any team in the 90s. That is more than any of those other teams can say.

And have about te fewest wins of any team since.