ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs are looking for a 2nd and a pick in 2014 for Albert (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271388)

RunKC 03-23-2013 04:50 PM

The Chiefs knew this was a wasted pick when they found out that this draft ****ing sucks ass at the top and no QB is worth a shit this year.

LT is the best possible position at 1 and we have a whiny, injury prone LT who is about to turn 30 on our roster.

LT is obviously the best talent in the draft and our GM said he's taking the best player available, so if we stay at 1, we're picking one.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-23-2013 04:55 PM

Hooray 2-14 for a soft, doughboy LT.

DeezNutz 03-23-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9524043)
The Chiefs knew this was a wasted pick when they found out that this draft ****ing sucks ass at the top and no QB is worth a shit this year.

LT is the best possible position at 1 and we have a whiny, injury prone LT who is about to turn 30 on our roster.

LT is obviously the best talent in the draft and our GM said he's taking the best player available, so if we stay at 1, we're picking one.

He'll turn 29 in November. Alex ****ing Smif turns 29 this spring.

penbrook 03-23-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Actually he is 28 right now and will be 29 just before season starts.

Hammock Parties 03-23-2013 04:57 PM

The absurd 180 on Albert opinions around this place since ALMIGHTY GODS REID AND DORSEY decided to trade him is ****ing hilarious.

For all you know he could be a guy who gives up one sack a year for the next six years.

jd1020 03-23-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9524071)
The absurd 180 on Albert opinions around this place since ALMIGHTY GODS REID AND DORSEY decided to trade him is ****ing hilarious.

For all you know he could be a guy who gives up one sack a year for the next six years.

Well... Reid did build the "dream team."

Pasta Little Brioni 03-23-2013 04:58 PM

Run the ball at will on teams even when they know we can't pass...blow up the O-line. Smart.

RunKC 03-23-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9524067)
He'll turn 29 in November. Alex ****ing Smif turns 29 this spring.

Doesn't mean Alex Smith won't be replaced in the future if he doesn't perform.

NWTF 03-23-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9524074)
Well... Reid did build the "dream team."

:thumb: I forgot about that. Actually Vince Young dubbed them the Dream Team. But the way the sports world was fawning all over them he was kinda right, until they started playing the games.

O.city 03-23-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9524089)

Way to move the goal posts there.

O.city 03-23-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

We just traded a few picks for an injury prone QB who's finished 25% of seasons he's started.

And if LT is the best position at 1, Joeckel being a future hall of fame talent like you've said, we should have no trouble trading down correct?

penbrook 03-23-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9524451)
We just traded a few picks for an injury prone QB who's finished 25% of seasons he's started.

And if LT is the best position at 1, Joeckel being a future hall of fame talent like you've said, we should have no trouble trading down correct?

Pssh everyone is saying Joeckel is once in a lifetime LT

He is the most overrated person I have seen.

Manziel saved his ass time after time.

He literally gets beat half the time when going to the inside.

Hes not even the best tackle on his team.

I see him as a late first to early second round pick. Not ****ing #1.

Fritz88 03-23-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9524455)

http://i.imgur.com/XvFopQT.gif

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-23-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9524455)

Exactly why we need to trade out and get a #1 next year to draft Manziel

SAUTO 03-23-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

#1 Albert is on no way injury prone.
#2 Alex Smith is
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 03-23-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9524089)

where has Albert not performed?
Posted via Mobile Device

hometeam 03-23-2013 07:54 PM

Gee guys, maybe some of you are right. Maybe we should draft a first round LT every few years, let him develop into a skilled player, and then draft a new one!

Gotta keep them LT's fresh!

Hammock Parties 03-23-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9524501)
Gee guys, maybe some of you are right. Maybe we should draft a first round LT every few years, let him develop into a skilled player, and then draft a new one!

Gotta keep them LT's fresh!

Left tackles are a billion a dozen.

Gotta spend a first round pick on one every five years.

beach tribe 03-23-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9524071)

If we traded him to the Cowboys he would make the next 5 probowls.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-23-2013 10:28 PM

Hey, go ahead and put that sub-par rookie LT out there with Alex. (grins)
Posted via Mobile Device

tooge 03-23-2013 10:34 PM

If they could get a second this year and a second next year, AND had a deal in place for a trade back from 1.1 with Buffalo that would net them Buffalos 1st, 3rd, and next years 2nd, I'd be all over it.

We'd have a high 1, a 2, three 3's, and a 1 and two 2's next year. Talk about loading up for the long haul.

Nightfyre 03-23-2013 11:04 PM

Trading down from 1 to 8 without acquiring a second this year and a first next year would be absolute robbery on the bills part.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-23-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9524931)
Trading down from 1 to 8 without acquiring a second this year and a first next year would be absolute robbery on the bills part.

Don't care. We need that 2014 first. I'd gladly take a pounding on the true value just to get that, because the Bills are going to ****ing suck next year, and we will still need a QB.

Nightfyre 03-23-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9524937)
Don't care. We need that 2014 first. I'd gladly take a pounding on the true value just to get that, because the Bills are going to ****ing suck next year, and we will still need a QB.

He indicated we would trade 1.1 for 1.8 + 3.X +2014 2.X

RunKC 03-23-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9524491)
where has Albert not performed?
Posted via Mobile Device

How do you know Albert fits what Reid wants to do on offense? What if they know something you don't?

You really think they are putting him on the trade block for no reason at all?

splatbass 03-23-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9524948)

Who indicated that?

Tribal Warfare 03-23-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9524948)

Link?

penbrook 03-23-2013 11:25 PM

So Mel Kiper has Floyd as the best prospect with Joeckel #4.

While Mcgrabnuts has Joeckel #1.

Tribal Warfare 03-23-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9524980)
So Mel Kiper has Floyd as the best prospect with Joeckel #4.

While Mcgrabnuts has Joeckel #1.

I swear, I think it'll be hilarious if Joeckel drops out of the top 10 because NFL scouts were leaking false info about their ratings and thus clowning the media.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-23-2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9524960)
How do you know Albert fits what Reid wants to do on offense? What if they know something you don't?

You really think they are putting him on the trade block for no reason at all?

Thats RIGHT Run; lets "trust the process"! Lolz...
Posted via Mobile Device

penbrook 03-23-2013 11:36 PM

Kiper just said Jordan has the most upside and called him the next Aldon Smith.

While Mcshay says Ansah has the biggest upside and called him the next J Pierre Paul.

Mcshay has Patterson as the biggest risk because he cant run routes.

Kiper has Brandon Williams as the best under the radar player.

Mcshay has Galvin Escobar as the next Greg Olsen.

RunKC 03-23-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9524998)
Thats RIGHT Run; lets "trust the process"! Lolz...
Posted via Mobile Device

Almost as funny as your avatar.

O.city 03-23-2013 11:38 PM

I really want to sign Albert trade back and take ansah

O.city 03-23-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9525007)
Almost as funny as your avatar.

Might wanna change yours before you start throwing stones.

penbrook 03-23-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9525008)

Damn you just read my mind!!

RunKC 03-23-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9525011)
Might wanna change yours before you start throwing stones.

There is a higher chance that we draft Tyler Wilson than Geno Smith.

And I'm not bleeding all over the forum in every thread because we aren't drafting him.

RunKC 03-23-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9525008)

Ditto but I would like Dion Jordan instead of Ansah. Same idea though.

O.city 03-23-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9525015)

And I'm not bleeding all over the forum in every thread because we aren't drafting him.

Based on what?

penbrook 03-23-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9525019)
Ditto but I would like Dion Jordan instead of Ansah. Same idea though.

Depends? Do you want the next Aldon Smith or the next J Pierre Paul

BossChief 03-23-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9524937)

Absolutely agree with every word.

RunKC 03-23-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9525020)
Based on what?

Logic. We clearly don't want Geno Smith. There is a 0% chance we take him IMO. There is at least a 10% chance we draft Wilson in the mid rounds.

penbrook 03-23-2013 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9525025)
Logic. We clearly don't want Geno Smith. There is a 0% chance we take him IMO. There is at least a 10% chance we draft Wilson in the mid rounds.

Actually there is a 12% chance we take Geno.

Reid said he is considering 8-10 players and Geno is one of them.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-23-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9525015)

Just give them a chance! Past history means nothing! Its a new day! Lmao
Posted via Mobile Device

RunKC 03-23-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9525035)
Just give them a chance! Past history means nothing! Its a new day! Lmao
Posted via Mobile Device

3 losing seasons in 14 years, 5 NFC Championship games and a SB appearance.

There's your past history dumbass. :LOL:

O.city 03-23-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9525025)

10%? Where are you pulling that? It was reported we didn't like him after the combine, we signed a backup, he'll likely get drafted in the 3 or 4 round where e likely wont be bpa when we pick. Even then he's a third string developmental type guy who most are projecting as a backup ceiling. I think he's better than that but some don't.

I'd say there is a decent chance we take a qb in this draft but not before round 5.

And frankly as annoying as the geno crowd is at letting it die, you're getting fairly close acting like a child in every thread they bring it up in or any thread they voice displeasure with anything with your "they don't like geno he sucks mantra"

Ebolapox 03-23-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9525041)

all of his success came with his hand groomed, drafted 2nd overall pick QB. not with somebody else's retread with limited upside.

yep. he's the dumbass.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-23-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9525046)
all of his success came with his hand groomed, drafted 2nd overall pick QB. not with somebody else's retread with limited upside.

yep. he's the dumbass.

(psst; don't mention Reid's decline...)
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief 03-24-2013 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9525041)

Donovan McNabb and Jim Johnson aren't walking through that door.

Ebolapox 03-24-2013 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9525063)
Donovan McNabb and Jim Johnson aren't walking through that door.

well, not a donovan mcnabb that would ****ing matter--he's even more over the hill than alex smith.

you know, it's too bad there isn't a young, athletic QB in this draft with a rifle arm and a ton of intelligence. it's REALLY A GODDAMNED SHAME THAT THERE ISN'T ON.....wait... there is. and we're STILL ****ING GOING WITH THE ****ING RETREAD

RealSNR 03-24-2013 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9525067)
well, not a donovan mcnabb that would ****ing matter--he's even more over the hill than alex smith.

you know, it's too bad there isn't a young, athletic QB in this draft with a rifle arm and a ton of intelligence. it's REALLY A GODDAMNED SHAME THAT THERE ISN'T ON.....wait... there is. and we're STILL ****ING GOING WITH THE ****ING RETREAD

Oh, so you're an NFL GM? /RunKC

RunKC 03-24-2013 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9525046)

yep. he's the dumbass.

I seem to remember a retread QB that he coached in Green Bay that got him a job as an NFL coach.

I also remember another retread QB he brought in that won 5 games in a row and got them a win in the playoffs.

And I also remember another retread QB that got him to the playoffs in 2010.

I want to draft the next McNabb, Manning, Rodgers etc as much as the next guy, but that guy just isn't in the draft this year.

O.city 03-24-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9525080)
I seem to remember a retread QB that he coached in Green Bay that got him a job as an NFL coach.

I also remember another retread QB he brought in that won 6 games in a row and got them to the playoffs.

I want to draft the next McNabb, Manning, Rodgers etc as much as the next guy, but that guy just isn't in the draft this year.

That's projecting. If you are going to tow the "give Reid and Dorsey time and a chance line" you gotta do the same with this years qb class. The fact that you let others drive your hatred for geno has actually blinded you to the fact that he's probably pretty similar prospect wise to whee Rodgers was coming out, but with knowing the end game with Rodgers it's tough to remember him as a prospect.

Just because Reid and Dorsey went with Alex smith doesn't take anything away from what geno is prospect wise.

Ebolapox 03-24-2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9525080)

I also remember another retread QB he brought in that won 5 games in a row and got them a win in the playoffs.

oh, the brett favre that was traded the year after he was drafted for a first rounder? yeah. not a retread. there was a TON of tread on those tires, seeing as there wasn't years of game-tape of him SUCKING SHIT. not a retread.

I'm going to assume you're talking about mike vick on the one in the middle. yeah, I don't give a **** about mike vick.

as for the last statement... you must be a goddamned NFL GM, cause you're nostra****ingdamas.... there's no chance that any QB in this draft won't have a successful nfl career? it's reid/dorsey's job to find one. they're saying, with the trade for alex smith, that they're not good enough at their jobs to find that guy. yep. THOSE are the guys I want leading my teams, the ones that admit that they're not good enough at their jobs that they have to trade way too much for way too little a QB.

RunKC 03-24-2013 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9525089)
That's projecting. If you are going to tow the "give Reid and Dorsey time and a chance line" you gotta do the same with this years qb class. The fact that you let others drive your hatred for geno has actually blinded you to the fact that he's probably pretty similar prospect wise to whee Rodgers was coming out, but with knowing the end game with Rodgers it's tough to remember him as a prospect.

Just because Reid and Dorsey went with Alex smith doesn't take anything away from what geno is prospect wise.

I think it speaks volumes that nobody is impressed with these QB's this year. From draft analysts to scouts to head coaches.

I think the best chance for Geno to have success now is if he goes to Philly because Chip Kelly uses a lot of plays that fit his strengths.

RunKC 03-24-2013 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9525094)
oh, the brett favre that was traded the year after he was drafted for a first rounder? yeah. not a retread. there was a TON of tread on those tires, seeing as there wasn't years of game-tape of him SUCKING SHIT. not a retread.

I'm going to assume you're talking about mike vick on the one in the middle. yeah, I don't give a **** about mike vick.

as for the last statement... you must be a goddamned NFL GM, cause you're nostra****ingdamas.... there's no chance that any QB in this draft won't have a successful nfl career? it's reid/dorsey's job to find one. they're saying, with the trade for alex smith, that they're not good enough at their jobs to find that guy. yep. THOSE are the guys I want leading my teams, the ones that admit that they're not good enough at their jobs that they have to trade way too much for way too little a QB.

I think some have the chance to be fairly successful, but I doubt you'll see any of them in a SB.

O.city 03-24-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9525104)
I think it speaks volumes that nobody is impressed with these QB's this year. From draft analysts to scouts to head coaches.

I think the best chance for Geno to have success now is if he goes to Philly because Chip Kelly uses a lot of plays that fit his strengths.

More hyperbole.

All the big guys are saying one Of these qbs is locked in the top 10, I doubt they'd say that if they didnt like some parts of their game.

Ebolapox 03-24-2013 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9525105)
I think some have the chance to be fairly successful, but I doubt you'll see any of them in a SB.

and you'll never see alex smith starting in one either (aside from the one last year where he sat on the goddamned bench). thing is, they would have MANY more chances to make one as a chief--alex smith has a limited shelf life.

you're trading 10-15 years of rolling the dice with your drafted, groomed QB for 5 years (AT BEST) of a ****ing retread with limited upside.

makes a LOT OF GODDAMNED SENSE

splatbass 03-24-2013 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9525067)

Reid isn't sold on Geno and thinks Alex Smith is a better choice for this team. You seem to be having trouble accepting that.

RealSNR 03-24-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9525105)

And we're gonna see Alex Smith in the Super Bowl? :LOL:

We're not trying to be respectable. We're trying to go all the way. That means going with the longevity and potential only offered by a rookie QB at the top of the draft.

If it doesn't work, fine, but at least we did everything we could. Alex Smith represents the chickenshittery this franchise has come to expect

RunKC 03-24-2013 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9525115)
and you'll never see alex smith starting in one either (aside from the one last year where he sat on the goddamned bench). thing is, they would have MANY more chances to make one as a chief--alex smith has a limited shelf life.

you're trading 10-15 years of rolling the dice with your drafted, groomed QB for 5 years (AT BEST) of a ****ing retread with limited upside.

makes a LOT OF GODDAMNED SENSE

If none of them have a chance of making the SB than I'm glad we only gave up a 2nd for our QB instead of a 1st overall pick. ;)

And who's to say they don't pick a QB high in the next draft or draft after that?

O.city 03-24-2013 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9525119)
Reid isn't sold on Geno and thinks Alex Smith is a better choice for this team. You seem to be having trouble accepting that.

And we can't debate that one a message board? Jesus dude, why are you even here?

Ebolapox 03-24-2013 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9525119)

yeah. I have a difficult ****ing time accepting it. I've been accepting chiefs moves my whole ****ing life, dumbass. I'm done being a ****ing sheep. you want to be part of the herd, feel free. show-me state. show me that this move is a ****ing winner. show me that EVERY SINGLE GODDAMNED QB IN THIS DRAFT IS GOING TO BUST HARD. because if EVEN ONE SINGLE GODDAMNED QB IN THIS DRAFT WINS A PLAYOFF GAME FOR HIS TEAM AND ALEX SMITH DOESN'T....

then... ANDY REID AND JOHN DORSEY ARE BOTH ****ING LOSERS AND THEY'RE BOTH STUPID AS SHIT.

splatbass 03-24-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9525126)
And we can't debate that one a message board? Jesus dude, why are you even here?

I'm not the one getting angry and yelling, I am discussing. The person I was replying to was the one yelling and not having a reasoned discussion.

Ebolapox 03-24-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9525124)
If none of them have a chance of making the SB than I'm glad we only gave up a 2nd for our QB instead of a 1st overall pick. ;)

And who's to say they don't pick a QB high in the next draft or draft after that?

I'm quite ok with rolling the dice with the top pick. beats the **** out of drafting a ****ing left tackle when we ALREADY ****ING HAVE ONE.

and ROFL ... yeah, I believe they have the balls to pick a QB high in any draft-- never ****ing happen.

splatbass 03-24-2013 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9525129)
yeah. I have a huge ****ing time accepting it. I've been accepting chiefs moves my whole ****ing life, dumbass. I'm done being a ****ing sheep. you want to be part of the herd, feel free. show-me state. show me that this move is a ****ing winner. show me that EVERY SINGLE GODDAMNED QB IN THIS DRAFT IS GOING TO BUST HARD. because if EVEN ONE SINGLE GODDAMNED QB IN THIS DRAFT WINS A PLAYOFF GAME FOR HIS TEAM AND ALEX SMITH DOESN'T....

then... ANDY REID AND JOHN DORSEY ARE BOTH ****ING LOSERS AND THEY'RE BOTH STUPID AS SHIT.

Dude, calm down. They haven't even had one practice yet. I've been a fan for more than 40 years, so I have been through at least as much bad football as you, but I guess I can handle it better without the need for anger management.

Ebolapox 03-24-2013 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9525132)
I'm not the one getting angry and yelling, I am discussing. The person I was replying to was the one yelling and not having a reasoned discussion.

you goddamned right I'm angry. I'm angry that I've gone 2/3 of my life without a playoff win. I'm angry that it's been 43 years since we've won a super bowl. I'm angry that a huge portion of this fanbase are ****ing sheep that buy every move that they sell them hook, line and sinker.

I'm even more angry that you're NOT angry. sheep like you are the reason that we continue to go after retreads...

BBQ AND TAILGATING, BUY SEASON TICKETS!

RunKC 03-24-2013 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapist (Post 9525120)
And we're gonna see Alex Smith in the Super Bowl? :LOL:

We're not trying to be respectable. We're trying to go all the way. That means going with the longevity and potential only offered by a rookie QB at the top of the draft.

If it doesn't work, fine, but at least we did everything we could. Alex Smith represents the chickenshittery this franchise has come to expect

And Alex Smith hasn't proven he can QB a team deep in the playoffs?

You can say whatever you like about him doing this bullshit of 1/14 on 3rd down, but he did his part in that game. You guys are quick to dismiss Kyle Williams but you forget Alex Smith also threw 2 TD's and zero INT's in that game.

JFC if Kyle Williams doesn't **** up and the 49ers go to the SB people on here would have full confidence in the guy.

O.city 03-24-2013 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9525132)

Your coming in every thread talking down to people acting like a jackass telling them to accept this or accept that.

It's a ****ing Internet message board. We are all fans and want the team to win for christ sake. We're just having discussions that don't mean shit because we have no say in the matter.

If you want to follow every move they make thinking they are all great moves, fine, but don't come in here all high and mighty when some of us are trying to discuss why we think said move might not be right or wrong telling us to get over it and accept it

Ebolapox 03-24-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9525139)
Your coming in every thread talking down to people acting like a jackass telling them to accept this or accept that.

It's a ****ing Internet message board. We are all fans and want the team to win for christ sake. We're just having discussions that don't mean shit because we have no say in the matter.

If you want to follow every move they make thinking they are all great moves, fine, but don't come in here all high and mighty when some of us are trying to discuss why we think said move might not be right or wrong telling us to get over it and accept it

"Like"

O.city 03-24-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9525137)

You can say whatever you like about him doing this bullshit of 1/14 on 3rd down, but he did his part in that game. You guys are quick to dismiss Kyle Williams but you forget Alex Smith also threw 2 TD's and zero INT's in that game.

JFC if Kyle Williams doesn't **** up and the 49ers go to the SB people on here would have full confidence in the guy.

So the bad parts don't matter only the good?

If smith doesn't go 1/14 on 3 down is Williams in a spot to **** up?

Ebolapox 03-24-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9525137)

tell me... do we have a legit top 5 defense right now? do we have a legit, top 5 o-line right now?

my answer on both:

1) if we're lucky and a lot comes together, we're top 10 (with a lot of luck, honestly)

2) HELL no, ESPECIALLY if we trade branden albert

O.city 03-24-2013 12:47 AM

The 9ers were where they were for a reason. They're a god damn well put together football team. Top to bottom.

I'm anxious to see how our chiefs look with competent coaching, cause we know there's talent there

penbrook 03-24-2013 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9525144)
tell me... do we have a legit top 5 defense right now? do we have a legit, top 5 o-line right now?

my answer on both:

1) if we're lucky and a lot comes together, we're top 10 (with a lot of luck, honestly)

2) HELL no, ESPECIALLY if we trade branden albert

Albert has to stay!!

If Albert is traded they are saying they either are rebuilding and dont expect to compete this year on their focus is gonna be on Charles running the ball

Ebolapox 03-24-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9525147)
Albert has to stay!!

If Albert is traded they are saying they either are rebuilding and dont expect to compete this year on their focus is gonna be on Charles running the ball

get used to it, albert is gone. where there's smoke, there's fire. there's a TON of smoke there (just like there was a ton of smoke in regard to the alex smith trade weeks ahead of time)

RunKC 03-24-2013 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9525141)
So the bad parts don't matter only the good?

If smith doesn't go 1/14 on 3 down is Williams in a spot to **** up?

Alex Smith did not lose them that game. With the good and bad pieces to the game he got the team to OT. They were tied. Still had a great chance to win.

penbrook 03-24-2013 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9525148)
get used to it, albert is gone. where there's smoke, there's fire. there's a TON of smoke there (just like there was a ton of smoke in regard to the alex smith trade weeks ahead of time)

Im still holding on hope.

Hopeing that the Chiefs are asking for too much for Albert and nobody wants to trade for him.

Ebolapox 03-24-2013 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9525154)
Im still holding on hope.

Hopeing that the Chiefs are asking for too much for Albert and nobody wants to trade for him.

and I'm holding out hope that we end up with either geno smith or matt barkley (I'd be perfectly happy with tyler wilson or tyler bray in the third round, TBH).

I'm not expecting said hope to come to any fruition.

BossChief 03-24-2013 12:55 AM

Alex Smith is gonna have a bunch of franchise quarterback type years in KC because he is a Chief.

/the same people that loved the Cassel trade

splatbass 03-24-2013 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9525136)
you goddamned right I'm angry. I'm angry that I've gone 2/3 of my life without a playoff win. I'm angry that it's been 43 years since we've won a super bowl. I'm angry that a huge portion of this fanbase are ****ing sheep that buy every move that they sell them hook, line and sinker.

I'm even more angry that you're NOT angry. sheep like you are the reason that we continue to go after retreads...

BBQ AND TAILGATING, BUY SEASON TICKETS!

Well, since I live 5000 miles away and the games are on at 7 am here I don't do a lot of tailgating, nor do I have season tickets. I'm also not a candidate for a stroke.

O.city 03-24-2013 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9525151)
Alex Smith did not lose them that game. With the good and bad pieces to the game he got the team to OT. They were tied. Still had a great chance to win.

No he didn't lose them the game, he didnt win it either when he had chances, he simply managed it. The 2011 9ers were the 90's chiefs with a better running game and a better te.

He's not going to be asked to manage games here. Reid has voiced what he wants/likes his qbs to do. Apparently, he sees those things in Alex smith. Obviously he's more experienced knowledgable than I am in said matter, but up to this point Alex smith hasn't consistently show those traits.