ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Insiders: Andy and Mahomes upset/mad (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=326641)

GloryDayz 11-15-2019 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14598524)
Nobody had an issue with Reid's screen call to Darrel Williams to ice the game against Baltimore.

But everything is suddenly an issue when it doesn't work.

Sometimes you just get beat.

50 years..... 50 years!

rabblerouser 11-15-2019 06:14 PM

Quote:

Nobody had an issue with Reid's screen call to Darrel Williams to ice the game against Baltimore.

1. That's not what you were saying last Sunday. You were saying "**** Andy Reid" just like the rest of us.

2. "Sometimes you just get beat" is something losers say.

3. That play call is terrible at any point in the game, but when you need two yards to ice the game...it's simply unforgivable.

Hammock Parties 11-15-2019 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14598718)
1. That's not what you were saying last Sunday. You were saying "**** Andy Reid" just like the rest of us.

2. "Sometimes you just get beat" is something losers say.

3. That play call is terrible at any point in the game, but when you need two yards to ice the game...it's simply unforgivable.

never said that

i did blame him for the loss

season isn't over, andy shouldn't be fired

pound sand, enjoy the golden age

King_Chief_Fan 11-15-2019 06:26 PM

Quote:

Too bad Andy didn't make the same call again

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-15-2019 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14598722)
never said that

It's like watching Stockholm Syndrome unfold before my very eyes...

GloryDayz 11-15-2019 07:48 PM

LMAO at Ragland getting snarky about the defense playing/being soft.

Sorry dude, you dudes are, and are playing, soft... No team fears you, and every team's plan to beat the Chiefs is to keep Mahomes off the field knowing that they can score on you at will, and take some clock doing it.

RunKC 11-15-2019 10:28 PM

Quote:

Who the **** designs a playcall in that situation for Blake Bell? The mother****er injured his ankle in that game too..no wonder he was moving poorly.

It’s indefensible

Hammock Parties 11-15-2019 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14599080)
Who the **** designs a playcall in that situation for Blake Bell? The mother****er injured his ankle in that game too..no wonder he was moving poorly.

It’s indefensible

A creative playcaller trying to do the least obvious thing in that situation.

It would have worked if the Titans hadn't sniffed out screen.

Blake Bell didn't have to be amazing on that screen. He just had to catch the ball and fall forward.

Alas, a well coached defense got the better of Andy on that snap. It's a shame every ****ing play he calls doesn't work, because lord knows he's worthless to us if that's not the truth.

:rolleyes:

New World Order 11-15-2019 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14599086)
A creative playcaller trying to do the least obvious thing in that situation.

It would have worked if the Titans hadn't sniffed out screen.

Blake Bell didn't have to be amazing on that screen. He just had to catch the ball and fall forward.

Alas, a well coached defense got the better of Andy on that snap. It's a shame every ****ing play he calls doesn't work, because lord knows he's worthless to us if that's not the truth.

:rolleyes:

But why? Alex Smith isn't back there.

Have the receivers run routes and let the best quarterback in the game make the play.

Hammock Parties 11-15-2019 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 14599088)
But why? Alex Smith isn't back there.

Have the receivers run routes and let the best quarterback in the game make the play.

That's exactly what Andy thought the Titans would anticipate.

rabblerouser 11-15-2019 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14599090)

So, he outsmarted himself.

Again.

Hammock Parties 11-15-2019 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14599094)
So, he outsmarted himself.

Again.

No. You don't know that another call would have worked. You just don't.

rabblerouser 11-15-2019 10:57 PM

Remember "what do you mean? We're going with our best player and our best play - they know what we're doing, everyone in the stands knows what's coming..."??

GloryDayz 11-15-2019 11:03 PM

Andy's an idiot.

Hammock Parties 11-15-2019 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14599109)
Andy's an idiot.

the only reason you care about the Chiefs is Andy

Eleazar 11-15-2019 11:11 PM

Holding out hope that Reid will change at this stage of his career is a lost cause.

Reid might win a Super Bowl one day, if he has a QB who can play well enough enough to cover for the chronic mismanagement of the game on offense.

Currently, the best QB in the NFL is not good enough to do that.

rabblerouser 11-15-2019 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14598722)
never said that

Andy Reid sucks all the fun out of watching Mahomes.

Hammock Parties 11-15-2019 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14599129)
Andy Reid sucks all the fun out of watching Mahomes.

you suck all the fun out of watching Mahomes

rabblerouser 11-15-2019 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 14599124)
Holding out hope that Reid will change at this stage of his career is a lost cause.

Reid might win a Super Bowl one day, if he has a QB who can play well enough enough to cover for the chronic mismanagement of the game on offense.

This is accurate.

Titty Meat 11-15-2019 11:22 PM

They should be happy. You literally just told me the defense is improved.

You're full of shit BTW. The defense sucks and Bob Fescoe isnt a credible source. He gets his information from Nick Athan. You are trying to revive that area of Chiefs "insiders" is laughable.

Tribal Warfare 11-15-2019 11:47 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chiefs say Blake Bell was only option on late third-down play vs. Titans <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> <a href="https://t.co/c5yK9ubFzy">https://t.co/c5yK9ubFzy</a></p>&mdash; KC Chiefs Talk (@Chiefs_TT) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs_TT/status/1195577169579261957?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 16, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BlackOp 11-16-2019 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 14599167)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chiefs say Blake Bell was only option on late third-down play vs. Titans <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> <a href="https://t.co/c5yK9ubFzy">https://t.co/c5yK9ubFzy</a></p>&mdash; KC Chiefs Talk (@Chiefs_TT) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs_TT/status/1195577169579261957?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 16, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Or...not deactivating Shady and see if he can gain 2 yards in 2 attempts.

comochiefsfan 11-16-2019 12:51 AM

Quote:

That wasn’t Andy’s call. It was Mahomes’. They both said as much at the press conference the following week.

Pat should call the plays in the last couple minutes.

Hammock Parties 11-16-2019 01:10 AM

great play call - one defender just sniffed out the play

one guy

just one guy was the difference

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/RbMkIH0"><a href="//imgur.com/a/RbMkIH0">Chiefs/Titans 3rd and 2</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

it happens

BlackOp 11-16-2019 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14599240)

one guy

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/RbMkIH0"><a href="//imgur.com/a/RbMkIH0">Chiefs/Titans 3rd and 2</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

it happens

When did you become a KC apologist? That was the worst call of the season...

Are you saying Reid doesn't have a call...somewhere..a 2 pt. conversion/short yardage play that doesn't risk a clock stoppage?

He has 1000's of plays...and he just picked the worst? A back-up TE with the game on the line? Not buying it...

Ask yourself..would you call that play?

BlackOp 11-16-2019 01:36 AM

I think Andy is the worst at throwing games...it's like he remembers his marching orders and executes them in the most awkward ways....like out of nowhere, he becomes a rookie HS coach.

Andy is a company man...no matter how many here want to pretend he's not.

GloryDayz 11-16-2019 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14599120)
the only reason you care about the Chiefs is Andy

I'd say otherwise. I want a ****ing SB and I know Andy isn't going to get us there. Much like the Hunts, Andy's style doesn't lend well to achieving the ultimate goal...

GloryDayz 11-16-2019 07:05 AM

Quote:

This...

Chris Meck 11-16-2019 07:41 AM

some of y'all are some miserable mother ****ers. I'm glad I don't know you in real life. Surrounded by that kind of negativity all day would really suck.

Red Dawg 11-16-2019 07:56 AM

Winning is the only thing. If Andy doesn't get a title this year or next they he's gotta be out. Mahomes wants to win and won't need Andy anymore. Pretty sure Mahomes family will put that message in his ear soon. He needs a defense not stats.

rabblerouser 11-16-2019 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14599319)
some of y'all are some miserable mother ****ers. I'm glad I don't know you in real life. Surrounded by that kind of negativity all day would really suck.

It's not just being negative, it's understanding what I'm looking at after watching the shit for almost 30 years straight.

After sitting through the Cunningham, Vermeil, Edwards, Haley, and Crennell eras, I've been beat down. I understand. I'm just not going to be let down anymore. I have no expectations of this team getting to a Super Bowl.

That's not "negativity" - that's called being a rational adult.

Marcellus 11-16-2019 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14597633)
I would like to take this moment to remind you that there are people on this very board who claim that Andy Reid is a great head coach, and that his offensive play calling is his greatest strength.

I'll leave this post right here...

Pete Carrol, Bill Bilichick, and every other great coach have called stupid plays.

The difference is unlike you they have done mostly good things in their careers to balance it out.

Marcellus 11-16-2019 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14599327)
It's not just being negative, it's understanding what I'm looking at after watching the shit for almost 30 years straight.

After sitting through the Cunningham, Vermeil, Edwards, Haley, and Crennell eras, I've been beat down. I understand. I'm just not going to be let down anymore. I have no expectations of this team getting to a Super Bowl.

There is absolutely nothing rational in your opinion on Reid and you prove it daily.

You are delusional.Reid has his warts but the positives out weight the negatives, its simply your fault you don't understand that.

rabblerouser 11-16-2019 08:28 AM

Quote:

Exactly.

Great coaches don't lose games like that Titans game on Sunday.

Reid constantly loses those kinds of games.

rabblerouser 11-16-2019 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14599330)
There is absolutely nothing rational in your opinion on Reid and you prove it daily.

You are delusional.Reid has his warts but the positives out weight the negatives, its simply your fault you don't understand that.

Really? Because every single time Reid shits the bed and loses a game like he did last Sunday, it strengthens my argument that much more, to the point that any rational adult thinks I'm right in my assessment.

It's simply your fault that you don't understand that.

Marcellus 11-16-2019 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14599346)
Really? Because every single time Reid shits the bed and loses a game like he did last Sunday, it strengthens my argument that much more, to the point that any rational adult thinks I'm right in my assessment.

It's simply your fault that you don't understand that.

It really doesn't, the fact you think that is part of your problem. Reid didn't lose that game, the players absolutely botched it.

TEX 11-16-2019 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14599330)

Sure there is. Problem is it doesn't agree with your way of thinking, so you dismiss it as not being rational. You always do this with posters. It's your thing. :shrug:

RunKC 11-16-2019 08:33 AM

Quote:

one guy

it happens

Of course it ****ing happens. Andy runs that play every game, sometimes twice.

Andy’s offense has become entirely too predictable and the only reason we are still scoring so much is bc Pat is still making incredible plays.

rabblerouser 11-16-2019 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 14599350)
Sure there is. Problem is it doesn't agree with your way of thinking, so you dismiss it as not being rational. You always do this with posters. It's your thing. :shrug:

It's called "cognitive dissonance".

rabblerouser 11-16-2019 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14599348)
It really doesn't, the fact you think that is part of your problem. Reid didn't lose that game, the players absolutely botched it.

Andy Reid's teams are soft and easily dominated by physical teams. Andy chooses the players. If they 'botched' it, it's still Andy Reid's fault.

Nzoner 11-16-2019 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14597492)
Thats every NFL coach these days. None of them say shit at press conferences but canned BS. It is what it is.

How I long for post game interviews like this again.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SWmQbk5h86w" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Marcellus 11-16-2019 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14599357)
Andy Reid's teams are soft and easily dominated by physical teams. Andy chooses the players. If they 'botched' it, it's still Andy Reid's fault.

Oh yes I knew what your repose was going to be, no matter what happens its Reid's fault.

By your own measurment there are only 2 or 3 good coaches in the NFL the last 10 years.

You also believe Shottenhiemer was a terrible football coach along with mark Levy as well.

TwistedChief 11-16-2019 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14599351)
Of course it ****ing happens. Andy runs that play every game, sometimes twice.

Andy’s offense has become entirely too predictable and the only reason we are still scoring so much is bc Pat is still making incredible plays.

Entirely too predictable? Seriously?

Marcellus 11-16-2019 08:46 AM

Quote:

This is patently false, you apparently don't understand what rational means.

Im fully aware of Reids faults, and he frustrates me as well, but I also know he is a top 3 or 4 HC in the NFL. Im fully aware we have dominated the division since he has gotten here which is key to success. I am aware we were an offsides penalty and another dropped iNT from going to the SB last season with a really bad defense.

Im aware the defense still isn't good but it is improving regardless of what people want to claim. We have lost 4 games playing one of the toughest schedules in the NFL and one of those games without Mahomes.

THAT is rational.

Anyone who claims Reid is a "terrible" football coach, and then say they are rational about that opinion, well, its silly. He is going to be in the HoF one day and thats not really debatable.

Chris Meck 11-16-2019 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14599343)
Exactly.

Great coaches don't lose games like that Titans game on Sunday.

Reid constantly loses those kinds of games.

So BB and the Ravens? Or how about all the games the Patriots lost last year, when everyone was saying they were cooked? How about that Miami game they lost at the end last year? That's actually a lot like this Titans game. Guess Bill sucks.

Or how about Sean Payton? i guess he's shitty too, seeing as how they lost to the Falcons last week.

And Shula, and Landry, and Walsh, and it goes on and on and on.

No, you're not being logical. You're being EMOTIONAL. Not the same thing. Just because you SAY you're being logical doesn't make it so.

rabblerouser 11-16-2019 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14599367)

To be fair, there's no way I would have predicted a one-read TE screen to Blake Bell.

It was a terrible, terrible surprise to me.

Chris Meck 11-16-2019 08:51 AM

Nobody's happy about the Tennessee game.

I will fully admit to being really frustrated and for an hour or so after the game, pretty bummed out about the team's chances going forward.

I'm still skeptical; but my reason for that skepticism is the massive toll that injuries have taken on this team. It may just not be our year due to THAT.

I have no doubt that if we'd been able to be relatively healthy, we'd be in a much different conversation right now.

rabblerouser 11-16-2019 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14599373)
This is patently false, you apparently don't understand what rational means.

Im fully aware of Reids faults, and he frustrates me as well, but I also know he is a top 3 or 4 HC in the NFL. Im fully aware we have dominated the division since he has gotten here which is key to success. I am aware we were an offsides penalty and another dropped iNT from going to the SB last season with a really bad defense.

Im aware the defense still isn't good but it is improving regardless of what people want to claim. We have lost 4 games playing one of the toughest schedules in the NFL and one of those games without Mahomes.

THAT is rational.

Anyone who claims Reid is a "terrible" football coach, and then say they are rational about that opinion, well, its silly. He is going to be in the HoF one day and thats not really debatable.

Who gives a flying **** if he goes to the HOF? I WANT A ****ING SUPER BOWL VICTORY.

Nzoner 11-16-2019 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 14599253)
I think Andy is the worst at throwing games...it's like he remembers his marching orders and executes them in the most awkward ways....like out of nowhere, he becomes a rookie HS coach.

Andy is a company man...no matter how many here want to pretend he's not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14599327)

Quote:

Had a good friend(diehard KC fan) that called me Thursday still not over the Titans game and asking me yet again what went wrong in another KC loss even though this friend clearly knows where I stand on the validity of the NFL.

I love this friend to death but even after 6 years of listening to my conspiracy theories they still want to believe it's all on the up and up and refuse to at least check out Vegas odds/money wagered on any given Sunday and then watch the games and/or highlights and see just how close some of the games are and if there were any calls be it coaches or refs that would make you question the outcome.

I get it more than anyone as those of you who know me or have seen pictures of my gameroom know just how sold out I was to the NFL.Eventually rationale kicked in but not before a lot of research,tracking odds and opening my mind to other possibilities.

There's a line in the film Concussion that will always stay with me when the doc is told,"You're getting ready to take on a corporation that owns a day of the week."

RunKC 11-16-2019 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14599367)

Andy has gotten lazier and lazier ever since Pat started his first game. We lead the league in penalties since then and the play calling is being figured out by teams.

Everything about that playcall was awful. I mean Jesus Christ dude you have Kelce, Sammy, Tyreek, Hardman..even A good receiving back in Williams and you use a shit TE who has been shit all year long on a predictable playcall that the Titans knew every step of the way.

Spott 11-16-2019 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 14599390)
Had a good friend(diehard KC fan) that called me Thursday still not over the Titans game and asking me yet again what went wrong in another KC loss even though this friend clearly knows where I stand on the validity of the NFL.

I love this friend to death but even after 6 years of listening to my conspiracy theories they still want to believe it's all on the up and up and refuse to at least check out Vegas odds/money wagered on any given Sunday and then watch the games and/or highlights and see just how close some of the games are and if there were any calls be it coaches or refs that would make you question the outcome.

I get it more than anyone as those of you who know me or have seen pictures of my gameroom know just how sold out I was to the NFL.Eventually rationale kicked in but not before a lot of research,tracking odds and opening my mind to other possibilities.

There's a line in the film Concussion that will always stay with me when the doc is told,"You're getting ready to take on a corporation that owns a day of the week."

I always felt like it was rigged but never wanted to believe it until the Saints/Rams game last year. The Rams were getting a lot of bad calls in their favor all game long, but that last call was the nail in coffin. That call was out in the open and there’s no way anyone can say with a straight face that every ref on the field just missed that call when 100% of the millions of fans watching that game immediately knew it was a pass interference and a helmet to helmet hit. Having every ref miss what is arguably the most blatant pass interference call ever is the equivalent of having 5 MIT grads being simultaneously being unable to multiply 5 times 5. After that play, I didn’t watch the AFCCG, the Super Bowl or anything football related until last week when my son wanted to make a road trip to Tennessee for the game. I don’t really blame that game on the refs, although the Chiefs were the only ones called for penalties in the first half which kept the game close.

rabblerouser 11-16-2019 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14599413)
Andy has gotten lazier and lazier ever since Pat started his first game. We lead the league in penalties since then and the play calling is being figured out by teams.

Everything about that playcall was awful. I mean Jesus Christ dude you have Kelce, Sammy, Tyreek, Hardman..even A good receiving back in Williams and you use a shit TE who has been shit all year long on a predictable playcall that the Titans knew every step of the way.

*drool, slurp* "Andy GOOD coach! Andy HALL OF FAME, him good coach! You listen rabblereerun too much, why you even fan? Go watch Pats games, Belichick loses too!" *derp*

Wallcrawler 11-16-2019 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14599090)

....and in that anticipation, gave up 446 passing yards and 3 TD.

So lets call a play where Mahomes has ONE option?

**** that.

Andy did what Andy does. He stopped our offense for the defense.

At some point this dumb fat ****er needs to realize, "Hey. IT DOESNT ****ING MATTER IF THEY KNOW. THEY STILL CANT STOP PAT FROM GOING FULL MVP ON THEIR ASSES."

Jesus ****ing CHRIST. Andy did this shit to Jamaal Charles constantly. Theyll be expecting Jamaal, so 7 carries for the ballgame seems about right...

One option given to Mahomes on a play to win the ****ing game is a level of stupid that only SuperBowl losing full reerun Pete Carrol has reached.

Its indefensible. **** anyone trying to say this was a good play call.

Nzoner 11-16-2019 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 14599416)
I always felt like it was rigged but never wanted to believe it until the Saints/Rams game last year. The Rams were getting a lot of bad calls in their favor all game long, but that last call was the nail in coffin. That call was out in the open and there’s no way anyone can say with a straight face that every ref on the field just missed that call when 100% of the millions of fans watching that game immediately knew it was a pass interference and a helmet to helmet hit. Having every ref miss what is arguably the most blatant pass interference call ever is the equivalent of having 5 MIT grads being simultaneously being unable to multiply 5 times 5. After that play, I didn’t watch the AFCCG, the Super Bowl or anything football related until last week when my son wanted to make a road trip to Tennessee for the game. I don’t really blame that game on the refs, although the Chiefs were the only ones called for penalties in the first half which kept the game close.

I have family in Baton Rouge a few of them are Saints diehards,the other KC and we were traveling down for my niece's wedding and were all excited in anticipation of a Saints/Chiefs SB and getting to watch together.Even one of the two teams represented would've been nice.

We didn't watch the SB but there was plenty of talk of how shady the NFL had become.

SAUTO 11-16-2019 12:00 PM

Quote:

this

NJChiefsFan 11-16-2019 01:04 PM

Quote:

one guy

it happens

Which is why you probably give the best player on the planet more than one option. That play was the call vs the defense. If you aren't running, shouldn't you give the best player options?

That's not just about Andy. Plenty of coaches will call fades or all or nothing calls on fourth down. Why allow one player to be able to shut down an entire play?

I don't want the guy fired. I like Andy But he out-smarts himself a lot and it's one of the things that has held him back and one of the things he never seems to learn from.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-16-2019 01:07 PM

[QUOTE=Chris Meck;14599319]some of y'all are some miserable mother ****ers. I'm glad I don't know you in real life. Surrounded by that kind of negativity all day would really suck.[/QU

LMAO

Yep, we have all put our miserable lives on hold long enough to stare blankly at the screen on Sundays, just to hate on Fatty McBrainfart.
Derp

rabblerouser 11-16-2019 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14599713)
Quote:

LMAO

Yep, we have all put our miserable lives on hold long enough to stare blankly at the screen on Sundays, just to hate on Fatty McBrainfart.
Derp

ROFL
LMAO
@"Fatty McBrainfart"

GloryDayz 11-16-2019 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 14599325)
Winning is the only thing. If Andy doesn't get a title this year or next they he's gotta be out. Mahomes wants to win and won't need Andy anymore. Pretty sure Mahomes family will put that message in his ear soon. He needs a defense not stats.

Why should he get a chance next year? He's got the rest of this year to fix what's broken, from all the lessons he's learned, and get to a SB IMO.

If he can't, lord knows another year of his 'system' won't mean shit.

FAX 11-16-2019 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 14599706)
Which is why you probably give the best player on the planet more than one option. That play was the call vs the defense. If you aren't running, shouldn't you give the best player options?

That's not just about Andy. Plenty of coaches will call fades or all or nothing calls on fourth down. Why allow one player to be able to shut down an entire play?

I don't want the guy fired. I like Andy But he out-smarts himself a lot and it's one of the things that has held him back and one of the things he never seems to learn from.

Well ... I'm not sure how you can learn from out-smarting yourself.

Re-out-smarting yourself seems potentially counterproductive or something.

FAX

crispystl 11-17-2019 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 14600221)
Well ... I'm not sure how you can learn from out-smarting yourself.

Re-out-smarting yourself seems potentially counterproductive or something.

FAX

^^^HAHA

OnTheWarpath15 11-17-2019 08:08 AM

An offense this dynamic should not have plays with only one option.

Coogs 11-17-2019 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 14599706)

If this play happens at any other point in the game, I think the ball winds up going to D-Rob in the endzone.

https://i.imgur.com/s8n9CRd.mp4

ARROW2 11-17-2019 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 14600611)
If this play happens at any other point in the game, I think the ball winds up going to D-Rob in the endzone.

https://i.imgur.com/s8n9CRd.mp4

Yeah, I saw that. Seeing how things turned out.....would have been better off doing what comes natural.

CasselGotPeedOn 11-17-2019 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 (Post 14600608)
An offense this dynamic should not have plays with only one option.

No screens then. Got it.

Coogs 11-17-2019 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARROW2 (Post 14600623)
Yeah, I saw that. Seeing how things turned out.....would have been better off doing what comes natural.

Yep

Marcellus 11-17-2019 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARROW2 (Post 14600623)

As much as I hate the play call, had it worked Reid looks like a genius we win the game and every single narrative this week is different.

It didn't work.

I probably hate that Bell is the target the most but that was probably the point, nobody was expecting that, well except the guy who did his job and covered his guy.

Then you have the chipshot FG get botched. It was the perfect storm.

Coogs 11-17-2019 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14600630)
As much as I hate the play call, had it worked Reid looks like a genius we win the game and every single narrative this week is different.

It didn't work.

I probably hate that Bell is the target the most but that was probably the point, nobody was expecting that, well except the guy who did his job and covered his guy.

That play is a TD for Mahomes, if not instructed to keep the clock running and we will take the FG if we can't get the ball to Bell.

Hopefully going forward we put the ball in Mahomes's hands to decide "one read" vs "make a play".

rabblerouser 11-17-2019 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14600630)

It didn't work.

JFC, IF it works...but it didn't. Terrible call. Get the 2 yards. The FG should never have been a consideration. Go for it on 4th. If you don't get it, they have to go 80 yards with 0 timeoits and get a TD to win. With the missed FG and the penalty, they had to go, what, 55 yards?

"Perfect storm" my ass. It's called a "lack of situational awareness", friend.

Coogs 11-17-2019 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14600646)
JFC, IF it works...but it didn't. Terrible call. Get the 2 yards. The FG should never have been a consideration. Go for it on 4th. If you don't get it, they have to go 80 yards with 0 timeoits and get a TD to win. With the missed FG and the penalty, they had to go, what, 55 yards?

"Perfect storm" my ass. It's called a "lack of situational awareness", friend.

This would have been better by far.

But given the call that was made, don't neuter your QB, when he is Mahomes, to one read. 90-95% of the other QB's in the NFL? Sure. Not Mahomes. Let him make a play that was there. One we we have seen him make many times. D-Rob in the endzone.

BigRedChief 11-17-2019 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14599373)

He has late game management issues. But............

If all coaches were suddenly free agents, Andy would be the #2 coach on every teams list.

His main job, IMO, was to get Mahomes ready for the NFL. Remember what people said? He's got a great arm but is going to make horrible decisions on throws, has happy feet, his TT offense inflated numbers cant translate to the NFL, Total project.

Welllll who has molded Mahomes? Who is sitting with Mahomes after every series and coaching him up? Whats been the result? MVP first year and the best QB in the league. Thats made more of a positive impact on our team and us fans than anything else including late game management deficiency issues.

RunKC 11-17-2019 09:49 AM

Andy isn’t terrible and it’s dumb to say that, but goddamn is it infuriating to see a great coach **** up when it matters most every single year.

It sucked with Marty, but this is far worse than anything since Montana got hurt in Buffalo bc we have the best player in the goddamn world.

Last year was devastating bc it was self inflicted. The coaching that allowed the most penalties in the league last year had its season end by a penalty.

RaidersOftheCellar 11-17-2019 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14600693)
Andy isn’t terrible and it’s dumb to say that, but goddamn is it infuriating to see a great coach **** up when it matters most every single year.

It sucked with Marty, but this is far worse than anything since Montana got hurt in Buffalo bc we have the best player in the goddamn world.

Last year was devastating bc it was self inflicted. The coaching that allowed the most penalties in the league last year had its season end by a penalty.

You know how many other coaches have had the best or one of the best players in the league and couldn't even consistently field solid teams?

All this bitching about Reid reminds me of people who bitch about Bill Self. Winning 9 million consecutive Big 12 titles, a national championship, 3 final fours, 30 games every year, and being at or near the top of the nation in tourney wins since he was hired isn't acceptable. Because there's someone sitting by the phone and waiting for a call who can do all that AND win a national title every other year.

Likewise, there's obviously someone sitting on his ass who can match Reid's offensive creativity and gameplanning skills, but ALSO transform the defense into a dominant unit and make perfect late-game calls that always work.

People forget that they were 2-14 with the #1 pick when Reid took over. They've been a winning team ever since. With Mahomes, they'll never be 2-14, but it could get mediocre really quickly.

Jerm 11-17-2019 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14600673)
He has late game management issues. But............

If all coaches were suddenly free agents, Andy would be the #2 coach on every teams list.

LOL no he wouldn't be....on some teams' list? Probably.

Could just as easily say he'd be 5-7 on a lot of teams' lists too.

BryanBusby 11-17-2019 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 14600868)
LOL no he wouldn't be....on some teams' list? Probably.

Could just as easily say he'd be 5-7 on a lot of teams' lists too.

LMAO no way

Jerm 11-17-2019 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14600879)
LMAO no way

You don't think a number of teams wouldn't take 4 to 5 coaches before Reid?

Ok....

pugsnotdrugs19 11-17-2019 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 14600882)

Ok....

Andy Reid is damn near a guaranteed playoff spot. That means selling tickets and merch.

Now, if a team wanted to look elsewhere due to potential age concerns, ok, maybe. But he’s easily in the top 5 for everyone right now if they’re being honest.

SDChiefs 11-17-2019 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar (Post 14600858)
You know how many other coaches have had the best or one of the best players in the league and couldn't even consistently field solid teams?

All this bitching about Reid reminds me of people who bitch about Bill Self. Winning 9 million consecutive Big 12 titles, a national championship, 3 final fours, 30 games every year, and being at or near the top of the nation in tourney wins since he was hired isn't acceptable. Because there's someone sitting by the phone and waiting for a call who can do all that AND win a national title every other year.

Likewise, there's obviously someone sitting on his ass who can match Reid's offensive creativity and gameplanning skills, but ALSO transform the defense into a dominant unit and make perfect late-game calls that always work.

People forget that they were 2-14 with the #1 pick when Reid took over. They've been a winning team ever since. With Mahomes, they'll never be 2-14, but it could get mediocre really quickly.

We are 6-4. That is the very definition of mediocre.

BryanBusby 11-17-2019 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 14600882)

Ok....

No. What a stupid ****ing thing to say.

TwistedChief 11-17-2019 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14600693)

Maybe I've forgotten, but what did Reid do in the Patriots game last year that ended our season early?