ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Raiders Trade for Carson Palmer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=251389)

O.city 10-21-2011 06:09 PM

Good grief this thread needs to die.

The Raiders are 3-2 and were pretty much given a win by the Texans, but did give a win away to the Bills.

Sunday's game will be close, but I think the Raiders prob. win. Unless we can stop the run we probably lose an ugly game.

whoman69 10-21-2011 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderJave (Post 8030752)
Hue has known Carson since high school. He's a first year head coach who's 4-2 after playing the Jets, Patriots, Bills and Texans. Three of the best teams in the NFL. I understand your not impressed, but no offense, I trust Hue's judgment more then yours. If he says it's worth it, I have to believe him.

Carson Palmer 2006 version might be worth that. Patriots and perhaps Bills might be amongst the best teams, but no way are the Jets and Texans there. He is a first year coach and I'm guessing he's never been asked to be the GM too.

O.city 10-21-2011 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderJave (Post 8031004)
Ok well, ya all can tell me Sunday how your the better team, and what a reeruned trade Palmer was. See ya then!

Palmer isn't playing, dumbass. And if he does, after being on the team for less than a week, you Faider fans should be really questioning your coaching staff.

SDChiefs 10-21-2011 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderJave (Post 8030752)
Hue has known Carson since high school. He's a first year head coach who's 4-2 after playing the Jets, Patriots, Bills and Texans. Three of the best teams in the NFL. I understand your not impressed, but no offense, I trust Hue's judgment more then yours. If he says it's worth it, I have to believe him.

Scott pioli is the "executive of the decade" but we all know how the cassel trade turned out.

lewdog 10-21-2011 06:12 PM

Quote:

Ok well, ya all can tell me Sunday how your the better team, and what a reeruned trade Palmer was. See ya then!

Will he score the Raiders some points from the bench?

BossChief 10-21-2011 06:12 PM

Quote:

Keep posting, fool.

You can always go back to school...

BossChief 10-21-2011 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDChiefs (Post 8031043)
Scott pioli is the "executive of the decade" but we all know how the cassel trade turned out.

Meh

Everyone makes mistakes

RINGLEADER 10-21-2011 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensibleChiefsfan (Post 8029972)
I hate to say this... but I really like Hue Jackson.

I thought hiring him would be a mistake. And, I guess it still may end up being a mistake..... but I really like his style and speaking ability.

I know that the Raiders are trying to give the Chiefs the most to prepare for. I won't be surprised no matter who starts for the Raiders.

I agree with this post.

Ming the Merciless 10-21-2011 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chronic (Post 8028792)
Chief fans try and pretend "It's only the Raiders" this week

Wait so we have to play a good team this this week or is it only Raiders??

Which is it?

RINGLEADER 10-21-2011 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okie_Apparition (Post 8030259)
ONly Chiefsplanet thinks this is a bad trade. THe rest the AFC West forums are pissing in their pantaloones

Tough to say whether it is good or bad yet. All you can do is point to Palmer's recent production which was on the decline, but it may end up being a great fit for him/Raiders. It was a steep price to pay, but only if it doesn't work out.

RINGLEADER 10-21-2011 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8030456)
Bout the same as 2 weeks ago against the Texans with the exception of Seabass... Roland will play Seymour will play Reece should be back this week Really missing Chris Johnson though.

Yep. That will hurt. If Seymour is gone too you'll be in a world of hurt, but you're probably correct that he plays. It's not like he really needs the practice. ;)

RINGLEADER 10-21-2011 06:22 PM

Palmer sucks as a Raider on the new NFL Blitz. That settles it.

SDChiefs 10-21-2011 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDChiefs (Post 8031043)

It turned out great pwnblower. We've had a shitty qb for three years but since you're ok with us sucking, I suppose I should as well. Because you have proven what a genius you are time and time again on here.

Ming the Merciless 10-21-2011 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 8031109)
Tough to say whether it is good or bad yet. All you can do is point to Palmer's recent production which was on the decline, but it may end up being a great fit for him/Raiders. It was a steep price to pay, but only if it doesn't work out.

I dunno...it is a steep price to pay regardless...If they win a superbowl this year (Much better than 'working out') then I'd say it was obviously worth it...

But I think I would need you to define 'working out' before I agree...

Imagine if the Raiders make the AFC champ game, and lose....and it costs them two #1's....

Is that 'working out' ? Is making the AFCC game worth two #1s if you never end up in the big show? I'm not sure...

I guess we will see but I highly doubt Carson will lead them to a superbowl....So the real question is making the playoffs and losing in the playoffs worth a number 1 and number 2 pick? (short term happiness until you get bounced from the playoffs)

Or, would you rather try and use those draft picks for a more long term approach.....

Tough call, but I lean toward long term unless the odds are REALLY good you will make noise in the playoffs...Which the Raiders won't do.

Ming the Merciless 10-21-2011 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDChiefs (Post 8031164)
It turned out great pwnblower. We've had a shitty qb for three years but since you're ok with us sucking, I suppose I should as well. Because you have proven what a genius you are time and time again on here.

So what would you have done with a 2nd round pick that wouldve had a better shot?

You call me a genius but you cry about losing a second round pick...What other QB options should we go with? LEt me guess, you cried for us to start Croyle? You begged for us to draft Sanchez?

Amirite?

You fail.