ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs on verge of a deal with Andy Reid (merged) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268357)

SAUTO 01-02-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9270191)
Yea when Peterson was fired they kept Herm around to brief Pioli on the players and how things had been done etc...before cutting ties with him.

Could be a similar situation.

Htis said that corporations will keep people around to help in the transition process
Posted via Mobile Device

Mother****erJones 01-02-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9270148)
Let's see you don't trust Well-respected NFL reporters, But you trust Mass that is never right that makes sense.

Maas did talk about Koetter for awhile and they interviewed him though it wasnt a shot in hell he was HC.

OnTheWarpath15 01-02-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9270205)
OTWP, what are your thoughts on Pioli staying on?

While I'm not happy he hasn't been fired yet, I can understand Clark wanting to do the best he can financially regarding a buyout - especially when you consider he's going to have to pay not just Pioli, but RAC and the old staff, as well as the new staff.

If it takes him a few months to pull the trigger, I can live with it.

If Clark announces on Friday that Andy Reid is the next HC of the Kansas City Chiefs and that Scott Pioli will remain the GM and in charge of personnel, adios.

It's not my money, so I'm willing to be patient - until Clark gives me a legitimate reason to not be patient.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-02-2013 06:21 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...erest-in-reid/

mcaj22 01-02-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9270213)
LMAO Million dollar question right now, everyone is asking it.

If Reid signs on here and becomes coach, are you okay with Scott Pioli being retained?

I said this before but

Scott Pioli is awful and is essentially Joe Banner. Andy Reid had to put up with Joe Banner for like a decade because the owner loved Banner. Banner is ****ing awful, exactly like Pioli, and Andy Reid can and will still find a way to field a competitive product.

Yeah Pioli will still lose us players in negotiating, **** up contracts, signing bargain bin FAs and the usual Pioli garbage exactly like Banner did in Philly. But what will help is Reid will draft well and field a competitive product. So as long as Pioli is not drafting his usual crap, I dont care.

O.city 01-02-2013 06:21 PM

If LaCanfora is saying Pioli is gone if Reid is hired, I'd say that would be a pretty good chance of it happening. He's a mouth piece of Pioli.

DeezNutz 01-02-2013 06:21 PM

If Pioli is still part of the organization when the next HC is introduced, the presser will be a complete and utter ****ing circus and a terrible way to start a new "regime."

the Talking Can 01-02-2013 06:21 PM

scott pioli is a cancer and a failure..if Clark does not fire him then Clark is biggest problem this franchise, because he's a clueless pussy....

pioli being kept on in any capacity is a disaster....

you can continue with your various rationalizations for accepting it, but you know this is true...

htismaqe 01-02-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9270219)
Say we do hire Reid and keep Pioli on. That is two huge personalities in a small space. I'd say they'd butt heads quite abit.

I don't see Pioli staying if Reid is on board.

Same here.

htismaqe 01-02-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9270224)
While I'm not happy he hasn't been fired yet, I can understand Clark wanting to do the best he can financially regarding a buyout - especially when you consider he's going to have to pay not just Pioli, but RAC and the old staff, as well as the new staff.

If it takes him a few months to pull the trigger, I can live with it.

If Clark announces on Friday that Andy Reid is the next HC of the Kansas City Chiefs and that Scott Pioli will remain the GM and in charge of personnel, adios.

It's not my money, so I'm willing to be patient - until Clark gives me a legitimate reason to not be patient.

This.

Cannibal 01-02-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9270213)
LMAO Million dollar question right now, everyone is asking it.

If Reid signs on here and becomes coach, are you okay with Scott Pioli being retained?

I won't like it at all, but I'll continue watching them.

mcaj22 01-02-2013 06:24 PM

i do wish Pioli would leave on his own, go rot with one of his buddies Dimitroff or Belichick somewhere that isnt the Chiefs

The Franchise 01-02-2013 06:24 PM

@JasonLaCanfora: To those with the immediate question of what would Andy Reid in KC mean for Scott Pioli - it would mean a new GM”.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-02-2013 06:24 PM

Reid will fire Pioli. I'm convinced of it. They let Pioli check his chemistry with Herm. Same shit is happening now. Pioli looked up at Andy and begged to be saved. Andy looked down and whispered "No". /GoChiefs

ChiefMojo 01-02-2013 06:24 PM

No I don't want Pioli here but if he IS retained in some capacity then it better be nothing more than what he was in New England. He would not be calling the shots, he would not be running the organization, he would be a high level staffer in many ways. Still would not like it that he was here but it wouldn't be the end of the world. As long as he wasn't the final say or running the organization, then the Chiefs will be OK. I come back to the point, could Pioli handle that or does he have no choice now in this profession?

I think what falls deaf on many peoples ears is the is the fact no one imagine he would accept a role like he did in New England here. That changes things in many ways. Again still not good he is here but he would be powerless. He would be no different than the people he treated like sh*t in the organization. I don't see him staying in that situation, so in the end he would be gone.