ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2013-2014 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271595)

saphojunkie 10-09-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief4life (Post 10067148)
Of course it is shopped how would they of got the shot if it wasn't? Wilt has been dead for awhile now. That made me laugh :doh!:

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lf...vihuo1_500.gif

Imon Yourside 10-09-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief4life (Post 10067148)
Of course it is shopped how would they of got the shot if it wasn't? Wilt has been dead for awhile now. That made me laugh :doh!:

Pretty sure he was joking.

KC_Connection 10-09-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10066920)
Quote from Oubre's dad:

That's one smart man you've got as a father, there, Kelly. He knows it's not about getting drafted. It's about getting a second contract and having the education and intelligence to not piss it all away, but rather invest and grow.

And judging by that quote ("Coach Self doesn't kick you out...", it sounds like Self is using what happened at Kentucky last year (the struggling and then Calipari moving out most of their top guys for new top recruits) against Cal. No surprise there, of course.

saphojunkie 10-09-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10067400)
And judging by that quote ("Coach Self doesn't kick you out...", it sounds like Self is using what happened at Kentucky last year (the struggling and then Calipari moving out most of their top guys for new top recruits) against Cal. No surprise there, of course.

I don't think Self has to point that out. Anyone can see what happened.

Mr. Plow 10-09-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10067425)

Does he HAVE to? No. But it makes for a good topic of conversation.

saphojunkie 10-09-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10067444)
Does he HAVE to? No. But it makes for a good topic of conversation.

I would just question it, considering Oubre's dad said a couple weeks ago that neither Calipari nor Self ever bad mouthed the other.

KC_Connection 10-09-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10067425)

It's just another tool that can be used in those battles. I think he'd take pleasure in using it.

KC_Connection 10-09-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10067471)
I would just question it, considering Oubre's dad said a couple weeks ago that neither Calipari nor Self ever bad mouthed the other.

You don't have to bad mouth the other to make that point that at Kansas that won't happen.

Prison Bitch 10-09-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10067478)
You don't have to bad mouth the other to make that point that at Kansas that won't happen.

It happens a lot at Kansas too.

sedated 10-09-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10067562)
It happens a lot at Kansas too.

Not exactly the same though. KU moves out guys when it becomes obvious that they won’t get playing time (and aren’t likely to go to the pros), so they can have an actual college basketball career.

saphojunkie 10-09-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 10067618)
Not exactly the same though. KU moves out guys when it becomes obvious that they won’t get playing time (and aren’t likely to go to the pros), so they can have an actual college basketball career.

Some guys leave because they clash with the staff (Anrio Adams). Some leave because they simply prefer to go to a smaller program where they will get minutes (Quintrell Thomas) and some leave because they're bitch ass bitches who can't take being pushed (Micah Downs).

BWillie 10-09-2013 03:20 PM

I really hope Conner redshirts too. He's a guy who is going to be here in year 4 or 5. We seem to have enough 3pt shooting this yr. One extra year will help Conner figure out how to get his shot off. Ask Perry if that isn't important. Also based on comments from the coaching staff, they really don't expect Conner to play PG this year. Maybe an extra year of seasoning and he can do it.

Andrew White & moreso Greene have potential to be 2 or 3 and done players. I'm predicting big things for my boy AW3 this year. In fact, I think he could be 3rd in scoring.

Prison Bitch 10-09-2013 03:26 PM

True but that goes for Kentucky too

Imon Yourside 10-09-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10067638)
Some guys leave because they clash with the staff (Anrio Adams). Some leave because they simply prefer to go to a smaller program where they will get minutes (Quintrell Thomas) and some leave because they're bitch ass bitches who can't take being pushed (Micah Downs).

Never knew Adams had a clash with the staff, I really liked the guy.

saphojunkie 10-09-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 10067657)
I really hope Conner redshirts too. He's a guy who is going to be here in year 4 or 5. We seem to have enough 3pt shooting this yr. One extra year will help Conner figure out how to get his shot off. Ask Perry if that isn't important. Also based on comments from the coaching staff, they really don't expect Conner to play PG this year. Maybe an extra year of seasoning and he can do it.

Andrew White & moreso Greene have potential to be 2 or 3 and done players. I'm predicting big things for my boy AW3 this year. In fact, I think he could be 3rd in scoring.

The rumors are that Conner is going to get significant minutes this year, as he can absolutely punish teams for focusing on the paint. In practice last week, he hit 35/35 in one three point drill and 71/75 in another. They are saying the staff does NOT want him on the bench.

Redshirt will come down to Greene Vs. White. Brannen Green has better athleticism and Green Light White is more physical and knows the system.

All of this from someone who was at practice and spoke with coaches.