ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Rasslin is CHA CHA LA..LA,LA,LA,LA,LA (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=171830)

keg in kc 06-18-2008 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 4799335)
Matt Sydal's so awesome they apparently lifted the SSP ban for him. Don't be surprised if Paul London blows up his car.

I forgot to mention that. I knew from the spoilers he did it (they filmed last night two weeks ago) but it was still kind of a 'woah' moment.

Swanman 06-18-2008 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 4799384)
I forgot to mention that. I knew from the spoilers he did it (they filmed last night two weeks ago) but it was still kind of a 'woah' moment.

That drives me nuts that they ban certain moves, just because some reerun like Brock Lesnar tries to do one at Wrestlemania and fails miserably. Glad they at least let Sydal do it, but London's SSP is a thing of beauty. Hope Tyler Black doesn't make it to WWE soon, because then it would be bye-bye to the Phoenix Splash.

Mecca 06-18-2008 07:23 AM

Kidman is the reason that move got banned, he kept injuring people with it....

When they had guys like Kidman and Juventud on the roster they routinely ****ed people up with the SSP and the 450 so they got banned.

Swanman 06-18-2008 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4799417)
Kidman is the reason that move got banned, he kept injuring people with it....

When they had guys like Kidman and Juventud on the roster they routinely ****ed people up with the SSP and the 450 so they got banned.

Ok, I remember that now. Kidman and Juvi could be pretty botch-tastic at times. Hopefully they are rethinking these bans so that if a guy can do the moves well and safely, they allow it. Obviously in the case of Sydal they made that exception. It's a good thing they did, because his flippy moves are a thing of beauty.

BigRock 06-18-2008 09:13 PM

Ah, Maryse, si seulement je pourrais vous porter à ma pièce et te faire l'amour doux toute la nuit.

http://www.freeimagehost.eu/image/78d3113220122
http://www.freeimagehost.eu/image/f83d093220123
http://www.freeimagehost.eu/image/1815d83220124

They's collages of Maryse's Playboy pics. Nothing new, but still quite lovely. NSFW, natch.

keg in kc 06-19-2008 10:02 PM

From the Observer:

Here’s a scary stat. Every Smackdown world title match on PPV since 2006 has had either Batista, Edge or Undertaker in it. What makes that doubly troubling is that all three have been out during that period for long stretches of time with torn muscles. Even sicker, since the 2002 creation of the second world title, every Raw title match but two had either HHH, Cena or Orton in it. And in both of those two shows, HHH was in the actual main event as his matches were pushed bigger than the title match.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-20-2008 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 4802189)
From the Observer:

Here’s a scary stat. Every Smackdown world title match on PPV since 2006 has had either Batista, Edge or Undertaker in it. What makes that doubly troubling is that all three have been out during that period for long stretches of time with torn muscles. Even sicker, since the 2002 creation of the second world title, every Raw title match but two had either HHH, Cena or Orton in it. And in both of those two shows, HHH was in the actual main event as his matches were pushed bigger than the title match.

And yet, on wrestling boards when I argue that HHH is a backstage politician who never puts anyone over, I'm treated as though I just wiped my ass with the pope's hat in the middle of an Easter service.

Mecca 06-20-2008 09:24 PM

Ok question, does anyone here happen to know the card TNA ran tonight in Bloomington Illinois for their house show?

A good friend mine is curious if Alex Shelley is on the tour because she wants to know if she should go to the show in Danville or not.

keg in kc 06-20-2008 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 4803476)
And yet, on wrestling boards when I argue that HHH is a backstage politician who never puts anyone over, I'm treated as though I just wiped my ass with the pope's hat in the middle of an Easter service.

It's funny how he's wildly cheered live (which I just don't get) but the Raw ratings generally take a nosedive when he's on. Which is always his opponent's fault, of course.

It's been the same shit for 10 years. Longer than 10 years. Hun-Tor. Enough already.

I really hope they blow all 3 shows up with this draft. But especially Raw needs fresh faces, and they need to do whatever it takes to make new stars, whoever it is. If that means the ratings take a hit while you establish Lance Cade or an effective DiBiase/Smith/Rhodes stable, then so be it. They need new more than ever right now, I think.

The question is: will Hun-Tor be willing to put anybody over. I whole-heartedly believe Cena would. And I think Shawn Michaels would at this point. Jericho would. Batista? Not so sure. Undertaker? Probably not. Edge? Definitely.

Boris The Great 06-20-2008 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 4803986)
the Raw ratings generally take a nosedive when hes on.

Where are you getting that? Meltzer* just did a thing a few weeks ago analyzing the ratings, and HHH, Cena, and HBK are the biggest draws WWE has.

(*may have been Alvarez, not much difference now)

keg in kc 06-21-2008 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boris The Great (Post 4804050)
Where are you getting that? Meltzer* just did a thing a few weeks ago analyzing the ratings, and HHH, Cena, and HBK are the biggest draws WWE has.

From meltzer, IIRC, I'm not sure if I read it or heard him talking about it, but it was a couple days ago. Apparently the final quarter hours of Raw have been trending down for a while now.

And that doesn't mean it's just HHH, of course, it probably means people are getting tired of seeing the same ol' shit every week.

keg in kc 06-21-2008 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4803797)
Ok question, does anyone here happen to know the card TNA ran tonight in Bloomington Illinois for their house show?

A good friend mine is curious if Alex Shelley is on the tour because she wants to know if she should go to the show in Danville or not.

TNA house show report from tonight in Bloomington

By Andrew Chiaravalle

Hey, I just got back from the TNA House show in Bloomington. The show was pretty bad and a lot of the talent announced for the show wasn't present. Just today, the day of the show they had Millano Collection AT advertised on there website to be there, he wasnt there. The show was really poor. The only decent matches were AJ Styles vs Robert Roode, and Samoa Joe vs Scott Steiner.

The match results:

Curry Man over Johnny Devine

Super Eric over Kip James

Womens match I don't know who was involved

AJ Styles over Robert Roode

Petey Williams over Kaz and Consequences Creed in a triple threat match

James Storm over Shark Boy

Samoa Joe over Scott Steiner

I heard there were a lot of free tickets given away. I dont know an exact number but it looked like there were probably 1,000-1,500 people there.

alanm 06-21-2008 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 4803986)
It's funny how he's wildly cheered live (which I just don't get) but the Raw ratings generally take a nosedive when he's on. Which is always his opponent's fault, of course.

It's been the same shit for 10 years. Longer than 10 years. Hun-Tor. Enough already.

I really hope they blow all 3 shows up with this draft. But especially Raw needs fresh faces, and they need to do whatever it takes to make new stars, whoever it is. If that means the ratings take a hit while you establish Lance Cade or an effective DiBiase/Smith/Rhodes stable, then so be it. They need new more than ever right now, I think.

The question is: will Hun-Tor be willing to put anybody over. I whole-heartedly believe Cena would. And I think Shawn Michaels would at this point. Jericho would. Batista? Not so sure. Undertaker? Probably not. Edge? Definitely.

Man I miss the Rock. He was pure comedy gold.

BigRock 06-21-2008 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 4804065)
From meltzer, IIRC, I'm not sure if I read it or heard him talking about it, but it was a couple days ago. Apparently the final quarter hours of Raw have been trending down for a while now.

And that doesn't mean it's just HHH, of course, it probably means people are getting tired of seeing the same ol' shit every week.

The latest Observer mentioned that the rating for the HHH vs. Hardy match (with Cena on commentary) dropped, which Dave said never happens. But he didn't take into account that they took a commercial during the post-10pm overrun so that they could have another money give-away after the match. That's probably what killed the rating.

He made it clear it was a one-time thing, because he said he couldn't remember the last time that it happened. Although I'd bet it probably happened this past week too, since they took another late commercial.

keg in kc 06-21-2008 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock (Post 4804485)
He made it clear it was a one-time thing, because he said he couldn't remember the last time that it happened. Although I'd bet it probably happened this past week too, since they took another late commercial.

I believe it did happen this week as well, during the Jericho/HHH segment. That was the context of the discussion, now that I think on it.