ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games ****The OFFICIAL PS3 general discussion thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=180279)

Buck 09-04-2009 10:51 AM

To be honest, Best Buy grossly overcharges for Hard Drives.

I do a lot of shopping at Best Buy, and when I pick up my online orders, the line starts right in front of the Hard Drive section.

With the Gift Card it may be worth it though.

aturnis 09-04-2009 02:29 PM

Any reason you guys are looking to go external HDD? Why not the 2.5" SATA drive internally? Easier to move save files from PS3 to PS3? If that's the case, I may be interested.

007 09-06-2009 06:25 AM

Reminder buy one get one half off at Best Buy this week.

aturnis 09-07-2009 08:04 AM

Apparently they are not supposed to give you this deal on pre-orders, but I talked to a friend of mine who is a manager and they can still get them to ya. They don't like to, b/c they have to manually write out a rain-check for each game you buy. Then later, when you come to pick it up, deal with the confusion. They're excuse is that they don't want you to have to go through any b/s you don't need to. So just mention this, or pressure them and you will get your buy one get one 50% off on preorders.

TinyEvel 09-07-2009 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 6042205)
Apparently they are not supposed to give you this deal on pre-orders, but I talked to a friend of mine who is a manager and they can still get them to ya. They don't like to, b/c they have to manually write out a rain-check for each game you buy. Then later, when you come to pick it up, deal with the confusion. They're excuse is that they don't want you to have to go through any b/s you don't need to. So just mention this, or pressure them and you will get your buy one get one 50% off on preorders.

FOCK!

I went to BB yesterday to buy Madden 10 and Little Big Planet (my kids took our copy on vacation to play with their cousin's PS3 and LOST it ??!?! :cuss:)

And there's no more copies of LBP any more, They're coming out with Game Of The Year edition soon and pulled/sold through current LBP copies in stores.

So I bought Ghostbusters for the kids @ %50 off. Still too much to pay for that game IMO. I would have pre-ordered something if I knew it was good for preorders.

ALso, I got there and asked the mouth-breather in the aisle "It's buy one get one half-off today right?"

Guy says, "For 360 games, yeah"

I said, "No, for PS3 games."

Guy repeats, "Nah, just 360"

I said, "It was in the paper this morning. right under the PS3 new console pic and all the images were PS3 games."

"Well, I guess if you said you saw it in the paper, they'll give you the same deal for a PS3 game"

"I then explained that I work for PlayStation and I knew what I was talking about and politely suggested he bone up on what the **** is in the ad each week. I asked him if he was a 360 guy and he said No he's a PS3 owner all the way.

WTF?@?!?!BBQ!

Kraus 09-07-2009 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 6042391)
FOCK!

I went to BB yesterday to buy Madden 10 and Little Big Planet (my kids took our copy on vacation to play with their cousin's PS3 and LOST it ??!?! :cuss:)

And there's no more copies of LBP any more, They're coming out with Game Of The Year edition soon and pulled/sold through current LBP copies in stores.

So I bought Ghostbusters for the kids @ %50 off. Still too much to pay for that game IMO. I would have pre-ordered something if I knew it was good for preorders.

ALso, I got there and asked the mouth-breather in the aisle "It's buy one get one half-off today right?"

I said, "It was in the paper this morning. right under the PS3 new console pic and all the images were PS3 games."

"Well, I guess if you said you saw it in the paper, they'll give you the same deal for a PS3 game"

"I then explained that I work for PlayStation and I knew what I was talking about and politely suggested he bone up on what the **** is in the ad each week. I asked him if he was a 360 guy and he said No he's a PS3 owner all the way.

WTF?@?!?!BBQ!

I've got a copy of LBP that has been played once, I'll sell it to you for $20.

Also, what are some good PS3 exclusives?

TinyEvel 09-07-2009 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 6042760)
I've got a copy of LBP that has been played once, I'll sell it to you for $20.

Also, what are some good PS3 exclusives?

SOLD
I'll PM you.

Great PS3 exclusives...

shooters: Killzone 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, Resistance Fall of Man and Resistance 2
racing Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, MotorStorm
Action: Uncharted 2, Heavenly Sword
Sports: MLB 09 THE SHOW

PSN games: Fat Princess, PAIN, Pixeljunk eden & shooter, Everyday shooter.

Archie Bunker 09-07-2009 04:44 PM

Broke over and bought a slim, GT5 Prologue, and Resistance 2.

Gamertag Woodrow_Call
Posted via Mobile Device

Stryker 09-07-2009 09:24 PM

Finally started playing "The Darkness". Played it most of the day and into the evening - great game!

Taking a break from "Heavenly Sword", "Dead Space" and "Dark Sector".

"Wet" will be here in about 10 days.

007 09-07-2009 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 6042205)

sounds like more work that it is worth. Maybe I will try though. Thanks for the heads up.:thumb:

007 09-07-2009 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 6042391)
FOCK!

WTF?@?!?!BBQ!

Look out!!! Tiny's throwing his weight aroudn.

Kraus 09-07-2009 10:04 PM

Just bought a PS3 through the Dell.com deal $270 total for a PS3 Slim model. (check the other PS3 deal thread), I'll let you know my name when it gets here on Friday.

I need to pick up MGS4 ASAP.

Great Expectations 09-08-2009 01:10 PM

This has probably been covered, but I didn't want to tread through the previous 110 pages.

Where do you download movies to your PS3 and what is the charge?

Saulbadguy 09-08-2009 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 6045547)
This has probably been covered, but I didn't want to tread through the previous 110 pages.

Where do you download movies to your PS3 and what is the charge?

PSN Video store. Not sure on the charge, but I know you can rent or buy.

Kraus 09-08-2009 02:23 PM

Well, I just picked up MGS4 and Resistance 1, now I've just got to wait for my PS3 (Slim) :p to show up later this week from Dell.