ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2012 Kansas Football Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=253033)

Mr. Plow 12-28-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8241234)
We travel to Texas once (versus twice this year).

We travel to Tennessee which is the same distance as KSU.

We travel to South Carolina (closer than West Virginia).

We travel to Florida (3 hour flight, long trip but well worth it for a November game in the Swamp)

I think the point is MU fans don't travel to watch their teams play. Doesn't matter how good, or bad they are.

Saul Good 12-28-2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 8241223)
Kansas City is 125 miles west of Columbia, my bad... I rounded up. :-)

heh.

Just 20 more posts Saul and you hit the 200 post mark on this thread, that's why 200 is in my head.

Which school will travel more miles for road football games next year, Kansas or Mizzou?

Bambi 12-28-2011 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8241234)
We travel to Texas once (versus twice this year).

We travel to Tennessee which is the same distance as KSU.

We travel to South Carolina (closer than West Virginia).

We travel to Florida (3 hour flight, long trip but well worth it for a November game in the Swamp)

You're the west virginia of the SEC. Do anything you can to get in the conference no matter what it does to ALL your sports.

Its rediculous.

Saul Good 12-28-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8241246)
You're the west virginia of the SEC. Do anything you can to get in the conference no matter what it does to ALL your sports.

Its rediculous.

Makes them better funded?

Makes them travel fewer miles in 2012 than in 2011?

Gives them more national exposure?

Sends them to amazing locations?

Reerun_KC 12-28-2011 12:33 PM

Jesus this conversation again?

Saul Good 12-28-2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8241241)
I think the point is MU fans don't travel to watch their teams play. Doesn't matter how good, or bad they are.

Schedule some games outside slums like Manhattan, Waco, Ames, Shreveport, and Lawrence, and see what happens. We're top 20 in home attendance yet again in 2011. Pretty sure I'm not going to apologize to KU fans for football attendance.

Pants 12-28-2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8241262)
Schedule some games outside slums like Manhattan, Waco, Ames, Shreveport, and Lawrence, and see what happens. We're top 20 in home attendance yet again in 2011. Pretty sure I'm not going to apologize to KU fans for football attendance.

Definitely a better excuse for being a shitty fan than the "we have better things to do in Missouri." Never been to Ames, but Columbia does, indeed, ****ing blow as far as slums go.

Saulbadguy 12-28-2011 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8241282)
Definitely a better excuse for being a shitty fan than the "we have better things to do in Missouri." Never been to Ames, but Columbia does, indeed, ****ing blow as far as slums go.

Ames is nice except every time i've been there it's so ****ing cold it's miserable.

Bambi 12-28-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

link?

Mr. Plow 12-28-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Here we go again.... Columbia is EXACTLY one of those "slums" with Manhattan, Waco, Ames, Shreveport, & Lawrence.

Honestly, I understand you defending your programs - especially to KU fans. What I have never understood was this feeling of superiority that you have about MU & it's football program. Outside of a few recent years - you are exactly the KU football program. Columbia is exactly all these cities that you continually put down.

It's like me laughing at a guy because he is tall, skinny, beer bellied and white. It just doesn't make sense.

Bambi 12-28-2011 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8241252)

Sends them to amazing locations?

:rolleyes:

Bambi 12-28-2011 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8241301)
Outside of a few recent years - you are exactly the KU football program.

KU is better. Lets be real.

Saul Good 12-28-2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8241301)
Here we go again.... Columbia is EXACTLY one of those "slums" with Manhattan, Waco, Ames, Shreveport, & Lawrence.

Honestly, I understand you defending your programs - especially to KU fans. What I have never understood was this feeling of superiority that you have about MU & it's football program. Outside of a few recent years - you are exactly the KU football program. Columbia is exactly all these cities that you continually put down.

It's like me laughing at a guy because he is tall, skinny, beer bellied and white. It just doesn't make sense.

I don't care if Columbia is Grozny. What does that have to do with road games?

Pants 12-28-2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8241323)
I don't care if Columbia is Grozny. What does that have to do with road games?

The point is that MU fans don't travel and your excuse is really, really dumb. As an example, Nebraska fans come out in droves no matter where their team plays. Nebraska fans travel.

Saul Good 12-28-2011 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8241336)
The point is that MU fans don't travel and your excuse is really, really dumb. As an example, Nebraska fans come out in droves no matter where their team plays. Nebraska fans travel.

Nebraska fans travel better than any fans in the country. Mizzou will travel just fine when there are places worth the trip next year. Don't you worry your adorable cartoon beaks.