ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270480)

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-31-2013 09:47 PM

Dane is right; he's not Cassel. Their throwing motions are dissimilar.

The results however are the same.

Messier 08-31-2013 09:51 PM

This is gonna happen all season, isn't it?

Smith could go 20-24, and Clay's gonna serve up some gifs of the 4 incompletes.

Mav 08-31-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9930310)
This is gonna happen all season, isn't it?

Smith could go 20-24, and Clay's gonna serve up some gifs of the 4 incompletes.

The only thing that shocks me about this, is that it took someone 6 months to realize this........

I said this the first week I was here.

If the Chiefs are winning games, "the defense, the running game, the special teams." The Chiefs didn't win WITH ALEX SMITH, THEY WON INSPITE OF HIM.

And when they lose.

"Alex Smiths fault."

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-31-2013 09:55 PM

"Rocket up ass 42"! Rocket up ass 42"! HUT! HUT!

Planetman 08-31-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9929251)

Typical Clay troll .gif Pick and choose.

OMG! He left a pass high. No NFL QB worth their salt EVER does that! You NEVER see Brady or Manning overshoot a receiver, EVER! EEEEEEEVVVVVEEERRRR!!! /Chicken Little The Sky Is Falling

Eleazar 08-31-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Planetman (Post 9930522)
Typical Clay troll .gif Pick and choose.

OMG! He left a pass high. No NFL QB worth their salt EVER does that! You NEVER see Brady or Manning overshoot a receiver, EVER! EEEEEEEVVVVVEEERRRR!!! /Chicken Little The Sky Is Falling

More importantly, Smith threw the ball slightly too high, but he placed the ball high intentionally because only his receiver could have come up with the catch.

If you have Cassel or Geno there, with 2 defenders in the area, there's a much higher chance of an interception.

Planetman 08-31-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 9930534)
More importantly, Smith threw the ball slightly too high, but he placed the ball high intentionally because only his receiver could have come up with the catch.

If you have Cassel or Geno there, with 2 defenders in the area, there's a much higher chance of an interception.

Dipshit won't see it that way. He'll try and convince everyone it was just a poorly thrown pass and then ramble on about how a top notch QB cares not about the positioning of the defenders and ALWAYS threads that pass in there regardless. It's what EVERY good QB in the league does, except OUR QB. /Same Old Tired Clayton Bullshit

aturnis 09-01-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9930323)
The only thing that shocks me about this, is that it took someone 6 months to realize this........

If the Chiefs are winning games, "the defense, the running game, the special teams." The Chiefs didn't win WITH ALEX SMITH, THEY WON INSPITE OF HIM.

And when they lose.

"Alex Smiths fault."

Come on man. The guy is very limited. Admit it.

Sorter 09-01-2013 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9929251)

Can you make a .gif of this from the snap?

I'll do my best to provide a breakdown, of course.

Sorter 09-01-2013 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Planetman (Post 9930547)
Dipshit won't see it that way. He'll try and convince everyone it was just a poorly thrown pass and then ramble on about how a top notch QB cares not about the positioning of the defenders and ALWAYS threads that pass in there regardless. It's what EVERY good QB in the league does, except OUR QB. /Same Old Tired Clayton Bullshit

To be fair, I have no problem with the overthrow. From what I can see on the gif, it looks like Avery will be crushed by Troy if he catches it.

Now, without being privy to what the front/box/coverage looked like as well as the route concepts/alignment for the offense, this play looks like one Alex should have checked down to Charles when he comes out of his 'sneak" route. Really difficult to make an accurate assumption from this gif though.

Hammock Parties 09-01-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9930765)
Can you make a .gif of this from the snap?

http://i.imgur.com/uj0Vezd.gif

Mav 09-01-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturdis (Post 9930750)
Come on man. The guy is very limited. Admit it.

When have I said anything contrary to his limitations?

When? Have I not said repeatedly that he takes too many sacks. If the play doesn't go as scripted he looks lost. How many times?

I have said many many times that Alex Smiths traits are that he will allow the defense, and running game to win games and his primary focus is not to screw it up.

His biggest asset to the Chiefs is that he will help groom the QBOTF.

Hes a stabilizer right now with a friendly contract. That's all he is.

Where is this coming from that I have slurped the shit out of Alex Smith and claimed he is elite?

Never happened. Never will.

Wouldn't be the first time this week though you have misunderstood something and gotten destroyed on the internet though.....

Red Gorilla 09-02-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9930323)

And when they lose.

"Alex Smiths fault."

Good post man. It bugs me that some will be rooting for him to fail.

quittripping 09-02-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9930296)
Dane is right; he's not Cassel. Their throwing motions are dissimilar.
The results however are the same.

13-3 2011, whine more doofus ROFL ROFL ROFL

Kaepernick 09-02-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quittripping (Post 9932993)
13-3 2011, whine more doofus ROFL ROFL ROFL

The 2000 Ravens clarried Trent Dilfer to a 12-4 record AND won the super bowl.

Try again.