ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dolphins working on a trade for offensive tackle Branden Albert (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272208)

Hammock Parties 04-20-2013 08:00 PM

The idiot front offices who aren't "sold" on Geno Smith wouldn't have been "sold" on Cam Newton, either.

If you're looking for a flawless QB prospect you're gonna keep looking for a long time...when they come around once every 10 years like Luck and Manning.

O.city 04-20-2013 08:00 PM

I just really don't care enough about Albert to get upset about it. He doesn't fit what they want at LT, Joeckel or Fisher obviously do.

Save money, get younger and better.

But he absolutely has to be better. He needs to be a top 10 player at his position right out of the gate.

Saccopoo 04-20-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9608453)
Absolutely wrong. Wow. He solidified himself as a top 3 prospect with his Pro Day.

Some revisionist history up in this piece.

Did you see him throw at the combine?

It might have been the worst performance by a QB I've ever seen.

O.city 04-20-2013 08:01 PM

It would be awesome to see Cam in Chip Kelly's system.

RunKC 04-20-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9608455)
Why do you keep saying he's injured every year, making it a bad thing, yet you like the Alex Smith trade, a guy who actually is injury prone?

Alex Smith hasn't received a contract extension, he doesn't have an injury that could be severe, he's not whining like a bitch and he is the best QB available this offseason.

O.city 04-20-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9608465)
Alex Smith hasn't received a contract extension, he doesn't have an injury that could be severe, he's not whining like a bitch and he is the best QB available this offseason.

The fact that one more concussion could end his career isn't severe? Ok.

Just seems a little hypocritical that you can bash Albert who has actually had less injury history than a guy you prop up.

Sorter 04-20-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9608465)

Yeah, concussions aren't problematic at all.

Mother****erJones 04-20-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9608321)
Deep throating?

I hate Alex Smith. I've hated Alex Smith for about 4 years now. However, I have no other option but to see how he turns out. I can have some optimism based on how he played last year and that's deep throating?

I also like Andy Reid. I've liked Andy Reid for a long time and think he's a very good coach. I, like you, have been subjected to the garbage coaches this franchise has had and I think he's a massive upgrade.

I also think Branden Albert is a good LT. I don't think he's top 10, but I think he's in the discussion. I don't think he's worth what he wants and I think getting a 2nd round pick for him when the alternative was nothing (and no giving him a blank check and paying him what he wants never was an option).

I will hate the Luke Joeckel move if we draft him, but I will also give him a chance to play actual games over the first year before I call him Tony Mandarich.

I think Reid was the best coach we could hire. Even over Gruden and Cowher. No coach has won a super bowl with 2 teams, so that's why I wanted Reid also besides being a really good coach.

Albert is good enough to win a super bowl but I will support this regime til unless it fails. I will hate the albert trade and drafting of joeckel but I'll support it.

RunKC 04-20-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9608466)
The fact that one more concussion could end his career isn't severe? Ok.

Just seems a little hypocritical that you can bash Albert who has actually had less injury history than a guy you prop up.

If there was a QB worth taking 1st overall than I would have wanted us to choose him over Alex, but there's not.

There are a couple really good LT's who can help us in multiple ways.

And you're a goddamned fool if you think Branden Albert deserves big money. He isn't elite.

Direckshun 04-20-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9608458)
And that's basically when everybody knew Carolina was going to take him.

Pretty late in the draft season, wouldn't you say?

Yeah. Top 3 prospect. Right.

All draft discussion, ALL DRAFT SEASON, was about him and whether the Panthers should take him #1 overall.

ALL DRAFT SEASON. It was the worst draft season ever for television punditry. It sucked up all the airtime.

From the start it was established that he was probably a risk, but that he was one of the most gifted players in the draft. He ebbed and flowed all draft season, as they usually do, before ending up at the #1 overall destination.

That has not been the story of Geno Smith.

O.city 04-20-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9608474)
If there was a QB worth taking 1st overall than I would have wanted us to choose him over Alex, but there's not.

There are a couple really good LT's who can help us in multiple ways.

And you're a goddamned fool if you think Branden Albert deserves big money. He isn't elite.

Way to change the subject there.

Mother****erJones 04-20-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9608467)
Yeah, concussions aren't problematic at all.

ROFL and was gona say he's last 16 games in 2 of his 8 seasons, I believe.

Mother****erJones 04-20-2013 08:11 PM

Ah it would have been nice to draft Geno number 1 and let him develop under Reid.

Setsuna 04-20-2013 08:11 PM

ROFL LMAO ROFL RunKC just got stomped.

RunKC 04-20-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9608482)
Way to change the subject there.

Not at all.

Honest question. you really think Albert deseves $50+ million?