ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

Prison Bitch 10-09-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 10067678)
I wonder if any of you "real fans" (TIC) will show up in Lexington to watch MU play Kentucky?

I doubt there will be any seats left for that titanic battle. Those tickets will be selling like hotcakes.

Saul Good 10-09-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10067897)
I doubt there will be any seats left for that titanic battle. Those tickets will be selling like hotcakes.

Yeah...Kentucky's last home game barely drew over 62,000 fans...down from the 65,000+ at the previous home game.

Interesting tidbit...if Kentucky doesn't have a single fan show up the rest of the year, they will still outdraw Kansas for the year.

Eleazar 10-09-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10067940)
Yeah...Kentucky's last home game barely drew over 62,000 fans...down from the 65,000+ at the previous home game.

Interesting tidbit...if Kentucky doesn't have a single fan show up the rest of the year, they will still outdraw Kansas for the year.

ROFL

http://31.media.tumblr.com/2bca37099...hhyjo1_400.gif

Pasta Little Brioni 10-09-2013 05:51 PM

Ban the conference realignment thread ROFL

Discuss Thrower 10-09-2013 05:59 PM

The AIDs have definitely reappeared in this thread. The conferences are set for a while; the avalanche has stopped and all that is left to do is for the pebbles to maybe slowly roll downhill.

Lock this abortion of a thread. Naow. Pls.

Prison Bitch 10-09-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10067332)
Me too. I even have a friend in Nashville who's a Mizzou alum that I could have planned it with (although he ended up being out of town on business, so that would have sucked).

That's a bummer. Perfect time to break this one out:

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/23...569bd0572b.jpg

Mosbonian 10-09-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10067940)

I knew he was challenged in his thought process...the fans in Kentucky still come to the games even when their team is almost as bad as Kansas.

And during the Homecoming games their stadium is full.....

Prison Bitch 10-09-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 10068062)
the fans in Kentucky still come to the games even when their team is almost as bad as Kansas.

Vandy at Kentucky, last year:

http://kentucky.straitpinkie.com/wp-...12/11/Echo.jpg

Dude, google makes your idiotic statements sooooo easy to disprove.

notorious 10-09-2013 06:53 PM

It's time to shut this shit down.

It's been almost 2 ****ing years.

Saul Good 10-09-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10068135)

45,000 people attended that game...but why use actual facts when you can find a photograph without context?

You might want to sit out a few plays.

Eleazar 10-09-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10068142)
It's time to shut this shit down.

It's been almost 2 ****ing years.

This thread actually is good. It keeps teh AIDS out of other threads. Its the MU/KU smack thread. With the thunderdome here, each side tends to leave the other sides' "official" threads alone.

Mosbonian 10-09-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

I will help you moron......that pic was taken towards the end of the game when it was decided. And the weather had taken a turn for the worst.

Wanna know how I know.....I WAS THERE!!!

Like Saul Good said, you need to sit it out.....you are just perpetuating your own stupidity.

Prison Bitch 10-09-2013 07:29 PM

45k fans dressed as empty seats.

Saul Good 10-09-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10068212)
45k fans dressed as empty seats.

Kansas barely got half that...on homecoming...in early October.

Saul Good 10-09-2013 07:46 PM

Kentucky got absolutely spanked in that game, btw. Vandy beat them by 40. That's only a slightly more competitive game than the Kansas vs Texas Tech game (Tech by 42).

Prison Bitch 10-09-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 10068185)
Wanna know how I know.....I WAS THERE!!!

Like Saul Good said, you need to sit it out.....you are just perpetuating your own stupidity.

Why didn't you let Saul tag along? He wants a game he can stretch his legs out, maybe have an entire section to himself.

mnchiefsguy 10-09-2013 08:07 PM

Is it me, or are Bambi and Prison Bitch getting more stupid and asinine as the thread goes on?

Mosbonian 10-09-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10068299)
Why didn't you let Saul tag along? He wants a game he can stretch his legs out, maybe have an entire section to himself.

Unlike the Kansas game where he would have had most of the stadium to himself after Halftime, he would have had to wait until 9 minutes left in the game to have a whole section to himself at the UK-Vandy game.

Nice try, but you missed badly again.

Bambi 10-09-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

This is what happens when the top 7 never lose to the bottom 7.

SEC?

KcMizzou 10-09-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 10068338)
Is it me, or are Bambi and Prison Bitch getting more stupid and asinine as the thread goes on?

It's not just you.

Saul Good 10-09-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 10068338)

When your material has been reduced to:

A) Haha, your team isn't favored (in a road game against an SEC team coming off a nine win season...where Mizzou wound up favored by game time...that Mizzou won by 20+)

And

B) Haha, here is a picture of a small crowd (in a game from last year...that was between Kentucky and Vanderbilt...with 45,000 in attendance...just days after Kansas had the smallest crowd in Big 12 history)

...it's hard not to look stupid and asinine.

Discuss Thrower 10-09-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10068371)

SEC?

Vandy is "Top 7" now?

Don't be ****ing daft. If the SEC has a top, it's Bama, Georgia and Florida. This idea of a "Top Seven" is complete fantasy.

Saul Good 10-09-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10068371)

SEC?

...and when the bottom never wins against anyone, you get a crowd so small it breaks records. I'd suggest moving to a weaker conference, but none come to mind.

warpaint* 10-10-2013 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10068382)
Vandy is "Top 7" now?

Don't be ****ing daft. If the SEC has a top, it's Bama, Georgia and Florida. This idea of a "Top Seven" is complete fantasy.

They have a big six
Aub, Ala, LSU, UT, Fla, UGA have won every SEC title since 1976 when UK shared it w/ UGA. You have to go back to 1963 to find a school not in the big 6 to win it outright (Ole Miss). Every one of those 6 are a conference and national power although obviously they are never all up at once bc they basically can't be. It's one of the reasons the league is so good, depth of powerhouse programs.

Vandy is the worst team in the league (not at the moment, historically).

warpaint* 10-10-2013 02:24 AM

Quote:

Anecdotal photos taken of when the stadium was half empty or more probably after the game was decided don't really prove anything.

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/footba...dance/2012.pdf

UK averaged 49k per last season, 8k or so more than KU. What skews that some is UK plays in a league w/ more schools that travel better than what KU gets in the Big 12. When they play most schools from the big 6 they are liable to have up to 15k fans from the opposing school in attendance.

warpaint* 10-10-2013 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10067074)
Vandy is a bottom feeder in sec football much like kansas is in the big 12. But their stadium was still over 90% full.

Their stadium is tiny and 8-10k (25%) were MU fans based on on site estimates. Hard to gauge watching on TV since our colors are the same but I could hear them through the TV when we made a play.

KU has bottomed out.....25k for a home conference game is an embarrassment. I don't blame them, I wouldn't show up to watch that garbage. They haven't won a league game since something like 2010 and their last road win in league is even further back. Def should not have fired the fat man.

warpaint* 10-10-2013 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10066330)
I think it's great that they're dropping prices on GA tickets at Mizzou. $50 to sit on the grass or stand at the rail is pretty steep. I'd rather see them charge a little more for the seats and keep those ticket prices low so they're affordable for fans on tight budgets.

Ya those seats on the hill are terrible

warpaint* 10-10-2013 02:57 AM

I went back to the last year KU was competitive,

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/footba...dance/2009.pdf

They averaged 50k compared to 69k for UK.

warpaint* 10-10-2013 02:59 AM

Eleazar 10-10-2013 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 10068945)

but... but... have you seen how terrible Alabama's fan support is!? ROFL

Mosbonian 10-10-2013 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 10068945)

What would really be enlightening would be to see how their BB attendance compares over the last few years....

The fever pitch for UK Basketball each year compares to what is at KU for their BB madness....

Prison Bitch 10-10-2013 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 10068937)
Anecdotal photos taken of when the stadium was half empty or more probably after the game was decided don't really prove anything.

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/footba...dance/2012.pdf

UK averaged 49k per last season, 8k or so more than KU. What skews that some is UK plays in a league w/ more schools that travel better than what KU gets in the Big 12. When they play most schools from the big 6 they are liable to have up to 15k fans from the opposing school in attendance.

Agreed with Kentucky attendance being skewed up. I noticed too last night that Kentucky only averages 49k (with the boost from the big boys as you noted + Louisville who helps them every other year) and KU 41k. Hardly the big gap that MosBoner pretended exists.

Saul Good 10-10-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10069065)
Agreed with Kentucky attendance being skewed up. I noticed too last night that Kentucky only averages 49k (with the boost from the big boys as you noted + Louisville who helps them every other year) and KU 41k. Hardly the big gap that MosBoner pretended exists.

Kentucky's last home game drew 37,000 more fans than Kansas drew for homecoming. Not much of a gap my ass...

Pasta Little Brioni 10-10-2013 07:42 AM

Ban beaker football

|Zach| 10-10-2013 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10069096)
Kentucky's last home game drew 37,000 more fans than Kansas drew for homecoming. Not much of a gap my ass...

:D

warpaint* 10-10-2013 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10069065)

Other years when their program was semi decent their numbers are much higher...I do think they support football better than KU but the gap isn't wide for the aforementioned reasons, not wide enough to really care. KU compares favorably as far as support w/ Indiana, another basketball school w/ a similar football program who I am not sure was even trying before their current AD. They're way ahead of Duke and Vandy but those are small private schools so not apples to apples. UNC and UCLA both win a lot more so again not apples to apples.

Saul Good 10-10-2013 08:00 AM

I love the excuse that Louisville fans coming every other year skews Kentucky attendance upward...as if Louisville had been known as some kind of football powerhouse over the years whose fans pack opposing teams' stadiums thus skewing their attendance figures skyward.

Meanwhile, Jayhawks fans mix their blue and red colors when KSU comes to town thus giving the appearance that the place has more Wildcat fans that Jayhawks fans in attendance.

Prison Bitch 10-10-2013 08:01 AM

Unc doesn't win squat in football.

These numbers (and frankly win totals) do need to account for local competition. Vandy, Kansas, Indiana, Colorado, GTech etc all have NFL franchises right down the street. Put one in Omaha or Birmingham or Okc and see how attendance changes. KU basketball would take at least some hit if the NBA ever came here.

Saul Good 10-10-2013 08:11 AM

Probably a bad time to mention this, Bitch, but Tennessee and Virginia Tech are set to announce a game at Bristol Motor Speedway...expected to draw 160,000 fans.

That's roughly 6 1\2 KU homecomings worth of fans.

warpaint* 10-10-2013 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10069126)
I love the excuse that Louisville fans coming every other year skews Kentucky attendance upward...as if Louisville had been known as some kind of football powerhouse over the years whose fans pack opposing teams' stadiums thus skewing their attendance figures skyward.

Meanwhile, Jayhawks fans mix their blue and red colors when KSU comes to town thus giving the appearance that the place has more Wildcat fans that Jayhawks fans in attendance.

Not Loiusville

Alabama, Auburn, LSU, UT, Fla, UGA

You can add 10-15k for a school like UK every time they come to town.
Like Neb in the 90s. Whatever Louisville does is canceled out by Kstate over time. I'm not sure the big 12 has another school that travels as well as the big 6.

Saul Good 10-10-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 10069160)
Not Loiusville

Alabama, Auburn, LSU, UT, Fla, UGA

You can add 10-15k for a school like UK every time they come to town.
Like Neb in the 90s. Whatever Louisville does is canceled out by Kstate over time. I'm not sure the big 12 has another school that travels as well as the big 6.

I was referring to Bitch's comment about Louisville.

warpaint* 10-10-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10069128)

These numbers (and frankly win totals) do need to account for local competition. Vandy, Kansas, Indiana, Colorado, GTech etc all have NFL franchises right down the street. Put one in Omaha or Birmingham or Okc and see how attendance changes. KU basketball would take at least some hit if the NBA ever came here.

Compared historically to KU they have but generally speaking no.
They are more consistent than KU which over time impacts attendance.

Prison Bitch 10-10-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10069151)
Probably a bad time to mention this, Bitch, but Tennessee and Virginia Tech are set to announce a game at Bristol Motor Speedway...expected to draw 160,000 fans.

Of course, Kansas-Ohio State drew 74k for a basketball game which nearly matches Faurot's all time record of 75k. Obviously, one is important and the other isn't so that matters. But still....

warpaint* 10-10-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10069128)

Indiana, Vandy and KU are basketball schools. Gtech is irrelevant in Atlanta. They have a lot of non traditional students and just in general don't care that much about sports....that they have been decent over time in spite of that is impressive. Pro sports are not big in the south even in Atlanta and Nashville comparatively speaking. Colorado from the admin top down doesn't seem to be trying any more. Kind of reminds me of the Babs Uehling era at Mizzou in the 80s which set us back 20 years in football. I'm not saying pro sports doesn't have an impact but I think those are the driving forces in the ones you mentioned.

Prison Bitch 10-10-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 10069171)
Compared historically to KU they have but generally speaking no.
They are more consistent than KU which over time impacts attendance.

Complete, unsupportable nonsense. Acc is total garbage historically, swap the two and you'd swap the records. Kansas is rated higher on this measure:

http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/ran...m_rankings.php

warpaint* 10-10-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10069207)
Complete, unsupportable nonsense. Acc is total garbage historically, swap the two and you'd swap the records. Kansas is rated higher on this measure:

http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/ran...m_rankings.php

LOL of course the ACC is garbage. Throw them in the big 8/12 and they are KU. But they aren't in the big 12. UNC has won more games. That's all that matters over time as it pertains to attendance.

You're taking what I'm saying out of context.

kepp 10-10-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10069151)

Are you including the sheep?

TribalElder 10-10-2013 09:15 AM

LMAO

still picking on the slow kids over in kansas

they should abort the football program at ku to save face

Saul Good 10-10-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 10069296)
LMAO

still picking on the slow kids over in kansas

they should abort the football program at ku to save face

I think they did a few years ago, but nobody told them.

Bowser 10-10-2013 09:41 AM

Does anyone else feel like they're in the crowd at the end of Braveheart where they were all yelling mercy for William Wallace?

|Zach| 10-10-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10069375)
Does anyone else feel like they're in the crowd at the end of Braveheart where they were all yelling mercy for William Wallace?

Hahaha

Saul Good 10-10-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10069375)

How big was that crowd? Please use "KU homecomings" as a unit of measurement.

TIA

Prison Bitch 10-10-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 10068937)

True, I heard that was the day the fans held their "Save Our Wildcats" protest.

Saul Good 10-10-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10069449)
True, I heard that was the day the fans held their "Save Our Wildcats" protest.

And they still drew a 1.8 KUHc.

Saul Good 10-10-2013 10:19 AM

Local sports radio is nothing but Mizzou talk on every channel right now...

Eleazar 10-10-2013 10:38 AM

Attendance at Royals' last home game of the season: 27,899

Attendance at KU homecoming game: 25,648

Prison Bitch 10-10-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 10069251)
LOL of course the ACC is garbage. Throw them in the big 8/12 and they are KU. But they aren't in the big 12. UNC has won more games. That's all that matters over time as it pertains to attendance.

You're taking what I'm saying out of context.

Fair enough. It's pretty clear that basketball powers struggle at football and football powers struggle at basketball. Too competitive, have to choose. Or be mediocre or below average in both. That's "sports purgatory" and who wants that?

Wait. We know quite a few folks on this thread who do.

mnchiefsguy 10-10-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10070024)
Fair enough. It's pretty clear that basketball powers struggle at football and football powers struggle at basketball. Too competitive, have to choose. Or be mediocre or below average in both. That's "sports purgatory" and who wants that?

Wait. We know quite a few folks on this thread who do.

The Universities of Michigan, Florida, and Ohio State all say hello.

Saul Good 10-10-2013 01:02 PM

I just realized that today is the fourth anniversary of the last game Kansas won against a current member of the Big 12.

Happy anniversary!

Bowser 10-10-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10070047)
I just realized that today is the fourth anniversary of the last game Kansas won against a current member of the Big 12.

Happy anniversary!

http://img.pandawhale.com/46424-whoa-gif-1RP3.gif

TribalElder 10-10-2013 03:52 PM

one of if not the only KU football player in the nfl won't even shout out to KU on TV

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kNpLxqR9jiI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

what an embarrassment

Aqib Talib shouts out his high school instead

:facepalm:

Prison Bitch 10-10-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 10070034)
The Universities of Michigan, Florida, and Ohio State all say hello.

I guess the point flew over your head. Certainly true on Ohio State, and true for Fla since Donovan came. I can only assume you missed the last 20 seasons of Mich basketball.

LoneWolf 10-10-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10070824)
I guess the point flew over your head. Certainly true on Ohio State, and true for Fla since Donovan came. I can only assume you missed the last 20 seasons of Mich basketball.

You're right, Michigan was horrible in basketball last season. :rolleyes:

Saul Good 10-10-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 10070635)
one of if not the only KU football player in the nfl won't even shout out to KU on TV

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kNpLxqR9jiI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

what an embarrassment

Aqib Talib shouts out his high school instead

:facepalm:

They were talking about this on the morning drive earlier this week...can't remember which station.

TribalElder 10-10-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10070957)
They were talking about this on the morning drive earlier this week...can't remember which station.

I heard danny p talking about it on 610

that is quite the rec for KU

they were talking about Mizzou and how many players they have in the NFL and how they are having an impact and what that does for your recruiting when potential recruits see players who went to that school on the big stage

Saul Good 10-11-2013 07:42 AM

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...3storylink=cpy

Nice article from an ACC perspective.

Saul Good 10-12-2013 08:25 AM

Crazy that Washington vs Oregon gets Gameday over Texas vs Oklahoma. Nobody even cares about the year's biggest matchup in the Big 12.

ArrowheadHawk 10-12-2013 08:44 AM

Are you obsessed with the big 12 or something?

TribalElder 10-12-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10075060)
Crazy that Washington vs Oregon gets Gameday over Texas vs Oklahoma. Nobody even cares about the year's biggest matchup in the Big 12.

it isn't going to be much of a game

just another texas loss

look for the coach to get canned after getting raped

Prison Bitch 10-12-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 10075098)

Is this a serious question? Dude lives and breathes Big 12.

Al Bundy 10-12-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 10075098)

I think the other question you could ask is if PB is obsessed with MU and the SEC?

Pasta Little Brioni 10-12-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 10075135)
I think the other question you could ask is if PB is obsessed with MU and the SEC?

Well, we already know the answer to that.

Saul Good 10-12-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10075129)

What's the buzz on Tigerboard today?

Saul Good 10-12-2013 09:12 AM

Someone should at least bump the Jayhawks football thread.

kchero 10-12-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10075129)

Ha, funny coming from you.

Eleazar 10-12-2013 01:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ahem

kchero 10-12-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10076052)
ahem

That's right!

Pitt Gorilla 10-12-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

ahem

Correct.

Saul Good 10-12-2013 03:03 PM

Hook em

TribalElder 10-12-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

ahem

**** YEAH!