ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=240682)

crazycoffey 01-20-2012 08:09 PM

I asked in the other gun thread, but anyone have any trigger time on colt's new CC 1911? called the new defender?

I know its up there in price but for a good off duty carry or even back up carry I'd rather spend a little more. Thing is, is it worth the time to go rent one, or should I just chalk it up to another too short of a barrel 45 with the colt price tag?

Dunit35 01-20-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCoffey (Post 8314448)
I asked in the other gun thread, but anyone have any trigger time on colt's new CC 1911? called the new defender?

I know its up there in price but for a good off duty carry or even back up carry I'd rather spend a little more. Thing is, is it worth the time to go rent one, or should I just chalk it up to another too short of a barrel 45 with the colt price tag?

My brother is getting a kimber 1911 crimson carry 2.

I'd rent it and try it out. I want a 1911 so bad

crazycoffey 01-20-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 8314459)
My brother is getting a kimber 1911 crimson carry 2.

I'd rent it and try it out. I want a 1911 so bad

I do to, and unless performance is just so much better in the kimbers and springfields (etc) I really like the idea of the colt, with the history there. But I will not sacrifice performance for a name. I was think if I drop a grand on a pistol I will carry it and I like the smaller one to carry on duty on my ankle as a back up. Kinda best of all worlds.

Tombstone RJ 01-20-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCoffey (Post 8314481)
I do to, and unless performance is just so much better in the kimbers and springfields (etc) I really like the idea of the colt, with the history there. But I will not sacrifice performance for a name. I was think if I drop a grand on a pistol I will carry it and I like the smaller one to carry on duty on my ankle as a back up. Kinda best of all worlds.

dude, you're dropping a grand on one semi-auto pistol? For that kind of money you better be packing a Desert Eagle...

crazycoffey 01-20-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 8314490)
dude, you're dropping a grand on one semi-auto pistol? For that kind of money you better be packing a Desert Eagle...

I think it's like 800, I could probably get one a bit cheaper through the department, I was just using a general number....

Plus, I doubt I could carry a desert eagle on my ankle.

Tombstone RJ 01-20-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCoffey (Post 8314492)
I think it's like 800, I could probably get one a bit cheaper through the department, I was just using a general number....

that's still a hellava lot of money for a .45, just saying...

Munson 01-20-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCoffey (Post 8314448)

I've only fired one magazine's worth of ammo with a Colt Defender, but it was a few years ago. Is this the one you're talking about?

http://www.coltsmfg.com/Catalog/Colt...derSeries.aspx

The one I shot was a .45. It had a lot of kick since it had a shorter barrel compared to a gov't sized 1911, but it was still controllable.

crazycoffey 01-20-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 8314495)

Well, I kinda value my life, and if I'm going to buy something for personal carry on and off duty I want to make sure it works. Usually (not always) better production costs more money.

I realize I need to get my hands on one before I buy it, but just thought I'd ask all the gun nuts here if maybe someone has actually already had a chance.

Munson 01-20-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 8314495)

Have you checked prices on quality 1911's lately? They aren't cheap.

crazycoffey 01-20-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 8314499)
I've only fired one magazine's worth of ammo with a Colt Defender, but it was a few years ago. Is this the one you're talking about?

http://www.coltsmfg.com/Catalog/Colt...derSeries.aspx

The one I shot was a .45. It had a lot of kick since it had a shorter barrel compared to a gov't sized 1911, but it was still controllable.

That looks pretty nice. But the one I saw in a mag was a New Agent Defender series. Maybe a new twist on this one? :shrug:

Tombstone RJ 01-20-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCoffey (Post 8314503)
Well, I kinda value my life, and if I'm going to buy something for personal carry on and off duty I want to make sure it works. Usually (not always) better production costs more money.

I realize I need to get my hands on one before I buy it, but just thought I'd ask all the gun nuts here if maybe someone has actually already had a chance.

fair enough, I just think sometimes you end up paying a lot for the name and not necessarily for better quality, reliability. But if helps you sleep better at night then by all means, go for it.

Munson 01-20-2012 08:40 PM

http://www.coltsmfg.com/Catalog/Colt...entSeries.aspx

I've never fired any of the New Agent 1911's. I haven't heard anything about them either, good or bad.

Tombstone RJ 01-20-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 8314505)
Have you checked prices on quality 1911's lately? They aren't cheap.

Yah, they are expensive. My next semi-auto pistol is gonna be the Glock 10mm with a high capacity magazine. This gun has it all and a reasonable price, but I'm very pragmatic in my gun purchases.

crazycoffey 01-20-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 8314516)
Yah, they are expensive. My next semi-auto pistol is gonna be the Glock 10mm with a high capacity magazine. This gun has it all and a reasonable price, but I'm very pragmatic in my gun purchases.

more information, I only have a 12 gauge shotty, a .38 little chief snub nose revolver and my department issued sig 226 .40

This will be my first purchase of a semi pistol. I love sigs, and love that my department issued one. But I'm not going to turn around and buy the exact thing I have now to carry.

Dunit35 01-20-2012 08:51 PM

I went with the ruger Sr9c for off duty. It shoots like a champ and is damn accurate. I was looking at a 1911 but ammos too expensive. I'll get +p ammo for the 9, definately enough stopping power. It's alittle too big for a back up though. I'll carry it in my patrol glove box when I get through fto.