ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KSU ***Official New EMAW Repository thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=236930)

KC_Connection 02-27-2011 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 7455606)
Good defensive coach. Yea. So is Barnes.

Not really, this season was really the only season that they've had an elite defense at Texas and that can mostly be attributed to the Canadians and Balbay.

Sadler reminds me a lot of Kevin O'Neill actually. Great defensive coach, poor recruiter, little-to-no NCAA tournament appearances or success over his career. It will be interesting to see if O'Neill can do anything at USC over the next few years, where it should be relatively easy to recruit good basketball players.

WilliamTheIrish 02-27-2011 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 7455609)
Not really, this season was really the only season that they've had an elite defense at Texas and that can mostly be attributed to the Canadians and Balbay.

Sadler reminds me a lot of Kevin O'Neill actually. Great defensive coach, poor recruiter, little-to-no NCAA tournament appearances or success over his career. It will be interesting to see if O'Neill can do anything at USC over the next few years, where it should be relatively easy to recruit good basketball players.

Yea, that's a pretty good comparison. Although O'Neill had a SS in his resume. It's funny that in most of those jobs he failed quickly and the AD launched him after three years. Makes me cringe that KSU held onto Wooly for six. UGH!
O'Neill must be a good interview. Cause he gets hired a lot.

KC_Connection 02-27-2011 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 7455612)
Yea, that's a pretty good comparison. Although O'Neill had a SS in his resume. It's funny that in most of those jobs he failed quickly and the AD launched him after three years. Makes me cringe that KSU held onto Wooly for six. UGH!
O'Neill must be a good interview. Cause he gets hired a lot.

O'Neill is hilarious. Always good for an funny (and usually insightful) comment or two with the media.

I remember when he somehow turned my Toronto Raptors with Vince Carter into one of the most boring, defensive teams to watch in the NBA for a season, argued with Carter and Jalen Rose constantly, broke his hotel lamp in frustration at the team's play, and pissed off the team's GM to the point that they weren't on speaking terms. Suffice to say, he was fired a few days after the season and will never get another shot in the NBA (not that he would even want one).

WilliamTheIrish 02-27-2011 09:57 AM

Looking back on the game, the CATS went on a 13-2 run after Jake was called for his 4th foul, including a 9-0 run immeadiately after his exit to pretty much seal the game.

Good minutes from 'Tav, Nick and Sprads keyed it. Martavious is looking strong when he takes it to the hole lately.
Posted via Mobile Device

DJay23 02-27-2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 7455834)
Looking back on the game, the CATS went on a 13-2 run after Jake was called for his 4th foul, including a 9-0 run immeadiately after his exit to pretty much seal the game.

Good minutes from 'Tav, Nick and Sprads keyed it. Martavious is looking strong when he takes it to the hole lately.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have to say all of the defections this season for you guys really seem to have amounted to addition by subtraction.

To go on a 9-0 run in crunch time without one of the best players in the conference is huge. K-State is playing great ball when it counts. I hope it continues tomorrow!:thumb:

kstater 02-28-2011 03:57 PM

New sig time.

KcMizzou 02-28-2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 7458160)
New sig time.

LMAO What the hell?

CoMoChief 02-28-2011 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 7458160)
New sig time.

Is that a real quote from him? ROFL

CoMoChief 02-28-2011 04:57 PM

good luck KSU....hope you guys can pull off an upset win tonite at UT.

kstater 02-28-2011 05:15 PM

It's apparently real. And there's more to it. He expands on the concept. But I haven't heard it, it was apparently played on 810 this afternoon.

Pants 02-28-2011 05:23 PM

Hey, so as far as rivalries got, where do you guys think K-State falls when it comes to Texas and Oklahoma/TAMU? LMAO

kstater 02-28-2011 05:25 PM

I'm excited for our SB.

Chiefs Pantalones 02-28-2011 05:27 PM

I bet my penis that KSU wins tonight

Dante84 02-28-2011 05:40 PM

We haven't lost in Austin since '05. Let's hope that continues.

Chiefs Pantalones 02-28-2011 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 7458447)
We haven't lost in Austin since '05. Let's hope that continues.

For my penis' sake, of course!