ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Music Random Music Video Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=239415)

Simply Red 12-03-2011 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer me (Post 8165055)
THIS... is a great song. "We have to shout above the din of our rice crispies, we can't hear anything at all." Well done SR.

yes, I had that Album, literally, as in 'wax' - 33, man, where did the time go?

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-03-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 8165083)
yes, I had that Album, literally, as in 'wax' - 33, man, where did the time go?

I was a cassette guy on that one but have several albums. Still buy them when they're available... which is still possible with a couple of my favorite artists... Pearl Jam and Jamey Johnson. Hit up the local music shop for some old vinyl now and then.

Simply Red 12-03-2011 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer me (Post 8165117)
I was a cassette guy on that one but have several albums. Still buy them when they're available... which is still possible with a couple of my favorite artists... Pearl Jam and Jamey Johnson. Hit up the local music shop for some old vinyl now and then.

i'm going to buy a turntable, i think.

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-03-2011 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 8165126)
i'm going to buy a turntable, i think.

It does tend to help when playing vinyl... which is still the best medium for sound quality imho.

Simply Red 12-03-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer me (Post 8165136)
It does tend to help when playing vinyl... which is still the best medium for sound quality imho.

Yes, and there are plenty of high quality units out there, I'll probably pick one up on ebay. Maybe even two, I also like a lot of electronic music, and the availability on 'white labels' in/from London, is thick. Lot's of original 'can't find on cd/itunes' music. Even regarding their hip-hop and industrial scenes.

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-03-2011 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 8165152)
Yes, and there are plenty of high quality units out there, I'll probably pick one up on ebay. Maybe even two, I also like a lot of electronic music, and the availability on 'white labels' in/from London, is thick. Lot's of original 'can't find on cd/itunes' music. Even regarding their hip-hop and industrial scenes.

I "like" some electronic music but have to admit it was more of a phase in college... New Order, Depeche Mode, Dead Or Alive... I do like some Moby... but I'm guessing to an electronic music lover those aren't "real artists." Everyone likes "Sandstorm" but again... probably makes me more a pretender.

Simply Red 12-03-2011 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer me (Post 8165189)
I "like" some electronic music but have to admit it was more of a phase in college... New Order, Depeche Mode, Dead Or Alive... I do like some Moby... but I'm guessing to an electronic music lover those aren't "real artists." Everyone likes "Sandstorm" but agian... probably makes me more a pretender.

I literally listened to Moby in 1993.5 - crazy - when I first moved here, Georgia State Radio (album 88) which is 88.5 on the dial, held a electronica show every Saturday night, it eventually matured into a drum-n-bass show titled 'subterrainean' - so for us who've kept up w/ these genres, Moby is basically the ELO or Molly Hatchet's are to the metal fans. But i'd never question his talent and creativity, I rarely ever download trance, it's almost always breakbeat, a variation of drum and bass or instrumental hip-hop.... I've got an odd little flavor, musically.

By the way, I actually saw Moby live at The Roxy here, off of Peachtree. In 99ish, he did old stuff like Next is the 'E'

Simply Red 12-03-2011 10:22 PM

furthermore; I have seen Depeche Mode about 3 times over the yrs. They used to amaze me.... Namely w/ 'Personal Jesus' - phenomenal music video.

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-03-2011 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 8165231)
I literally listened to Moby in 1993.5 - crazy - when I first moved here, Georgia State Radio (album 88) which is 88.5 on the dial, held a electronica show every Saturday night, it eventually matured into a drum-n-bass show titled 'subterrainean' - so for us who've kept up w/ these genres, Moby is basically the ELO or Molly Hatchet's are to the metal fans. But i'd never question his talent and creativity, I rarely ever download trance, it's almost always breakbeat, a variation of drum and bass or instrumental hip-hop.... I've got an odd little flavor, musically.

By the way, I actually saw Moby live at The Roxy here, off of Peachtree. In 99ish, he did old stuff like Next is the 'E'

See, I knew I was out of my league with this topic heh. But I'll always love...

I used to think that the day would never come
I'd see my life in the shade of the morning sun...

Simply Red 12-03-2011 10:31 PM

New Order's hit, was fantastic, but they weren't full of hits, just one two or three, or so.

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-03-2011 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 8165302)
New Order's hit, was fantastic, but they weren't full of hits, just one two or three, or so.

Which is often the sign of an artist being good imo. Hits are based on mass appeal... musical ability, lyricism, talent aren't... and this is from a guy who's made a career of radio.

Simply Red 12-03-2011 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer me (Post 8165352)
Which is often the sign of an artist being good imo. Hits are based on mass appeal... musical ability, lyricism, talent aren't... and this is from a guy who's made a career of radio.

that song was incredible. I believe it was in the movie: "Less Than Zero"

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-03-2011 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 8165374)
that song was incredible. I believe it was in the movie: "Less Than Zero"

I believe you are correct.

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-03-2011 10:47 PM

Well since it's a music video thread.... not a real video but at least it's the full version....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RFOiTRkcvZU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Simply Red 12-03-2011 10:49 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VyoDbX1EkPQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>