ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2012 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254372)

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-27-2012 09:05 PM

Another year of pitching holding us down? Sweet!

Titty Meat 03-27-2012 09:05 PM

Got a question for you guys.

I was watching a show on PBS about baseball you all should check it out it's great BTW. Anyway like 100 years ago an owner played a midget to entertain fans and drive up attendance. His 1 at bat he got on base because him being a midget he had a really small strike zone (I believe it was 1 inch). So what would stop a team from playing a midget?

alnorth 03-27-2012 09:08 PM

I was sitting next to a bunch of Tiger fans today. (Detroit trains in Florida, but I guess they wanted to see the cactus league this year) They were all marveling at our lineup and all the home runs we launched today against the Brewers, but I assured them that we weren't going to catch them this year unless our starting pitchers step up in a big way.

Our bullpen ought to be solid, but it'll be difficult to hand them a lead on a regular basis without scoring 6 or 7 runs.

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-27-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8497926)
Got a question for you guys.

I was watching a show on PBS about baseball you all should check it out it's great BTW. Anyway like 100 years ago an owner played a midget to entertain fans and drive up attendance. His 1 at bat he got on base because him being a midget he had a really small strike zone (I believe it was 1 inch). So what would stop a team from playing a midget?

Eddie something I believe his name was?

We had David Howard and he failed.

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-27-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 8497935)
I was sitting next to a bunch of Tiger fans today. (Detroit trains in Florida, but I guess they wanted to see the cactus league this year) They were all marveling at our lineup and all the home runs we launched today against the Brewers, but I assured them that we weren't going to catch them this year unless our starting pitchers step up in a big way.

Our bullpen ought to be solid, but it'll be difficult to hand them a lead on a regular basis without scoring 6 or 7 runs.

The "good" news I guess is we should be able to score 6 or 7 runs a lot. But yeah... lets go get Oswalt.

KevB 03-27-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 8497773)
this was awesome...rep!

My favorite:

Willie McGee's expression tells me that he's just seen a picture of Willie McGee

Many of the captions were not funny. The ones that were.....outstanding. "Catcher Face".

DeezNutz 03-27-2012 09:25 PM

Wait, what? I thought Duffy was having a good Spring Training? Now he's maybe going down?

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-27-2012 09:27 PM

Without looking it up I want to say Eddie Gadell/Guidel/Gidell.... the midget.

alnorth 03-27-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8497961)
Wait, what? I thought Duffy was having a good Spring Training? Now he's maybe going down?

Well, maybe not, because I'm not sure who our #5 would be if Aaron Crow is off the table.

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-27-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 8497992)
Well, maybe not, because I'm not sure who our #5 would be if Aaron Crow is off the table.

Chen
Hochevar
Sanchez
Paulino
Mendoza

chefsos 03-27-2012 09:51 PM

Well, this is the only baseball thread going, so... It looks like the group including Magic Johnson just bought the Dodgers.

http://news.yahoo.com/dodgers-reach-...7072--mlb.html

DeezNutz 03-27-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. noonanbeermefever (Post 8498006)
Chen
Hochevar
Sanchez
Paulino
Mendoza

Most of the talk that I've heard suggests that Paulino and Mendoza are competing for the final spot in the rotation. In fact, I was under the impression that Duffy had a spot locked up.

Admittedly, I follow Spring Training very, very loosely. I'll lock in next week.

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-27-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8498029)
Most of the talk that I've heard suggests that Paulino and Mendoza are competing for the final spot in the rotation. In fact, I was under the impression that Duffy had a spot locked up.

Admittedly, I follow Spring Training very, very loosely. I'll lock in next week.

I'm the same way. alnorth would know better than me probably being there. I just read the team website. I hadn't seen anything bad about Duffy on there though fwiw... which may be nothing.

SnakeXJones 03-27-2012 09:59 PM

I would be kinda pissed that duffy isn't in the lineup but Mendoza has made a seriously bid for a spot this spring

alnorth 03-27-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. noonanbeermefever (Post 8498006)
Chen
Hochevar
Sanchez
Paulino
Mendoza

Oh hell, I forgot Mendoza, and I even saw him pitch a couple times. He's been looking good this spring.