ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs CHIEFS ***OFFICIALLY*** SIGN TYLER BRAY (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272676)

Coogs 08-05-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9859926)
I think it's a non-story. Smith throwing picks is more noteworthy simply because it's not supposed to happen (based on his recent performance...). A good practice just means he's just doing what they're paying him to do.

As InChiefsHell said, no news is good news.

I do think it's a good sign in terms of getting him and receivers on the same page.

We will have to agree to disagree. Everyone here seems quick to point out every incompletion and/or sack. And we have been told countless times he can't throw downfield.

I do agree with your last sentence. New QB throwing to new receivers to him... and it seems to be coming together. Getting better by the day. Exactly what you would want... and a much bigger item than our 3rd/4th string QB play.

InChiefsHeaven 08-05-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9860020)
We will have to agree to disagree. Everyone here seems quick to point out every incompletion and/or sack. And we have been told countless times he can't throw downfield.

I do agree with your last sentence. New QB throwing to new receivers to him... and it seems to be coming together. Getting better by the day. Exactly what you would want... and a much bigger item than our 3rd/4th string QB play.

I agree with you on the last point. I guess I didn't think of it that way. It's a good newsworthy sign that our starting QB is gelling nicely with his receivers.

Tribal Warfare 08-05-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Lets see if Alex doesn't break 1st when the hitting starts before talking about him as the franchise QB also.

Mr. Laz 08-05-2013 01:13 PM

all new QB's in a new system

right now the QB's are going to look rough in comparison

Coogs 08-05-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9860037)
Lets see if Alex doesn't break 1st when the hitting starts before talking about him as the franchise QB also.

Offensive line play would be responsible for a lot of that issue. We have two 1st rounder draft picks at the tackle positions. A 2nd rounder and an early 3rd rounder at the guard positions. We have a 2nd round draft pick at the Center position. And, we have a 3rd rounder as our top backup player. While it is not a given that all will pan out to be All-Pro's, that much high talent could/should be able to blend into a very nice O-line sooner than later considering all have experience but Fisher... and we know where Fisher was drafted. Plus these guys are getting a serious test everyday in practice from quality completion, with the pads on, and some serious hitting vs the shorts and helmets practices of years past.

Tribal Warfare 08-05-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9860071)
Offensive line play would be responsible for a lot of that issue.

His playing style deals with a lot of passes on the move, or scrambling to pick up 5 to 10 yards for a 1st down. With his injury history he'll be injured and/or out for the season if someone lays a big hit on him. Every QB in the NFL gets lit up in a game. I personally have zero confidence that Alex can survive a season with his playing style, and what waits for him when he's out of the pocket.

Coogs 08-05-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9860081)
His playing style deals with a lot of passes on the move, or scrambling to pick up 5 to 10 yards for a 1st down. With his injury history he'll be injured and/or out for the season if someone lays a big hit on him. Every QB in the NFL gets lit up in a game. I personally have zero confidence that Alex can survive a season with his playing style, and what waits for him when he's out of the pocket.

Fair enough.

ptlyon 08-05-2013 02:00 PM

8 games

keg in kc 08-05-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Exactly what you would want... and a much bigger item than our 3rd/4th string QB play.

Come on, you've been here for how many years? The 3rd/4th string QB play is always a big deal. Bray's the newest great white hope.

BossChief 08-05-2013 02:12 PM

Bray is the closest thing this team has had to a first round quarterback in a very very long time.

Of course that should cause a little excitement.

mcaj22 08-05-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9859551)
It's quite possible that he was also gifted with poor teachers of football as well.

i think this was the case, on his 2nd or 3rd regime and Tennessee, wasnt recruited by the current coaching staff and they all clashed, everyone threw him under the bus and the rest is history

at the end of the day, Bray moves onto an NFL roster with real coaching and Tennesse now has those same coaches and will continue to suck

Im pretty sure Bray was recruited by Kiffin no?

SuperChief 08-05-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9860149)
Bray is the closest thing this team has had to a first round quarterback in a very very long time.

Of course that should cause a little excitement.

I missed any mention of how you thought Bray did from your camp reports. Care to recap?

The Franchise 08-05-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9860153)
i think this was the case, on his 2nd or 3rd regime and Tennessee, wasnt recruited by the current coaching staff and they all clashed, everyone threw him under the bus and the rest is history

at the end of the day, Bray moves onto an NFL roster with real coaching and Tennesse now has those same coaches and will continue to suck

Tennessee doesn't have the same coaches.

Tribal Warfare 08-05-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9860153)

correct, to run wait for it...... the WCO

keg in kc 08-05-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9860149)

How sad is it that you can say that...about an undrafted player.