ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *.* 2013 General Fitness Thread *.* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268371)

el borracho 08-30-2013 11:00 PM

By the way, if you are brand new to weights then you probably don't need to concern yourself with drop sets, supersets, giant sets, etc. Just spend some time building some strength and perfecting form.

lewdog 08-31-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 9927995)
By the way, if you are brand new to weights then you probably don't need to concern yourself with drop sets, supersets, giant sets, etc. Just spend some time building some strength and perfecting form.

I think I allowed Buck to pick one exercise to do a drop set on each workout if he chooses, after the really heavy work and lifts are done. It's likely that the awesome feeling of a pump is what really hooked most of us newbs to start lifting and continue on. Nothing wrong with getting some blood in there and feeling swole!

Buck 08-31-2013 08:46 AM

See I'm not sure, but for some reason there are drop sets listed on the Monday Calf raises. I would say that's the lift that I don't need drop sets for. Out of every muscle on my body, my calves are definitely the most yoked already. You don't walk around at 300+ for 10 years without gigantic calves.

Buck 08-31-2013 04:23 PM

Today I was struggling with curling a 40 lb easy curl bar, while the dude next to me was curling a 100 lb dumbbell in each hand. Dude is massive, definitely looks unnatural, but it was good motivation working out next to him. He works at the gym too.

Silock 08-31-2013 06:40 PM

How the **** can anyone curl a 100lbs DB? That's cray cray.

Buck 09-01-2013 03:00 AM

Lifting is the best thing ever.

lewdog 09-01-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9928275)
See I'm not sure, but for some reason there are drop sets listed on the Monday Calf raises. I would say that's the lift that I don't need drop sets for. Out of every muscle on my body, my calves are definitely the most yoked already. You don't walk around at 300+ for 10 years without gigantic calves.

I just feel that calves recover faster than any other muscle group so I prefer drop sets due to the quick recovery factor between sets.

Buck 09-01-2013 12:24 PM

Ahh I see.

I took more progress pics, another visible change. Mainly my back since my front is still covered in a 2 inch layer of fat. I'm really excited to see what I look like 6 months down the line.

Buck 09-01-2013 12:26 PM

Lil baby traps comin in.

http://i.imgur.com/izbMqQI.jpg

lewdog 09-01-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9931406)
Ahh I see.

I took more progress pics, another visible change. Mainly my back since my front is still covered in a 2 inch layer of fat. I'm really excited to see what I look like 6 months down the line.

I like your mind frame on this. Many think, "I can't wait to see the change in my body after a month." That time frame is too short. 6 months is a great way to think about it Buck. That is when, if you've stayed consistent and focused on getting stronger, that your physique will have changed for the better.

keep on it.

RunKC 09-01-2013 12:48 PM

I'm shopping for some new running shoes today. I'm gonna get the shoes with the arch in them to help distribute the pressure from each step throughout my whole foot instead of just on my heel.

Anyone have any brand recommendations? I've looked at Brooks and Asics.

Buck 09-01-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9931436)
I like your mind frame on this. Many think, "I can't wait to see the change in my body after a month." That time frame is too short. 6 months is a great way to think about it Buck. That is when, if you've stayed consistent and focused on getting stronger, that your physique will have changed for the better.

keep on it.

Yep, I'm used to progress by now.

When I was losing weight, after the first month I was down 20 lbs and thinking I had done amazing and the progress was incredible, until I looked back at those pics when I was finished and realized that at that point I had barely done anything...

The gym has become my mental sanctuary, there is no way in hell I am stopping this time.

Buck 09-01-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9931462)
I'm shopping for some new running shoes today. I'm gonna get the shoes with the arch in them to help distribute the pressure from each step throughout my whole foot instead of just on my heel.

Go to a store that specializes solely in running shoes, they should be able to find the perfect shoe for the shape of your feet, and your gait and some other things that they look for.

Saul Good 09-01-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9931462)

Everyone has different feet, stride, etc. If you're in KC, go to Gary Gribble's.

Buck 09-02-2013 12:52 PM

So I got this Special K Protein Cereal which has 10g of protein a serving. If I eat 2 servings every morning that is 20g of protein from cereal. How does that work? I assume they spray proteins onto the flakes, but it just doesn't compute in my head how that works. Are those kinds of protein used by the body the same way proteins from chicken are?