ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****OFFICIAL Draft Geno Smith Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269031)

ChiefAshhole20 02-05-2013 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9379223)
What will you do if he goes elsewhere?

Probably get ready for Teddy Bridgewater...

KCrockaholic 02-05-2013 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole20 (Post 9379230)
Probably get ready for Teddy Bridgewater...

Too risky.

HolyHat 02-05-2013 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9379237)
Too risky.

David Riske, risky.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...DavidRiske.jpg

WV 02-05-2013 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9379199)

I already have mine!

KCrockaholic 02-05-2013 12:38 AM

I'll hold out for my Chiefs Geno jersey. But once it's official, I'll probably end up getting a WVU one as well.

B14ckmon 02-05-2013 01:33 AM

I'm getting a chub just thinking about how much better Teddy B is going to be than Geno.

Tribal Warfare 02-05-2013 02:54 AM

Rob Rang's Analysis

Quote:

Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia: Throughout their respective NFL careers, head coach Andy Reid and general manager John Dorsey have preferred taking the best player available approach on draft day.

To do so in 2013, the Chiefs would be picking an offensive or defensive lineman here, none of whom is likely to significantly add to the team's win total unless complemented with better play at quarterback.

As such, unless Reid is confident he can resurrect Matt Cassel's career or the team is able to land another veteran passer via trade or free agency, the team could ultimately be forced to draft a quarterback here.

Smith is far from the "sure thing" that Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III were a year ago but possesses all of the physical traits to become an NFL star. Reid's success developing quarterbacks in Philadelphia, as well as Dorsey's ability to draft them in Green Bay, made them attractive hires in Kansas City.

Make no mistake, selecting Smith would be both a gamble and a reach but to take a better player at a position of lesser importance would only guarantee more mediocrity.

Tribal Warfare 02-05-2013 02:57 AM

Dane Brugler's Analysis

Quote:

Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia: Shortly after Andy Reid was hired in Philadelphia in 1999, he drafted a quarterback second overall (Donovan McNabb) and although he received criticism for the pick, it turned out to be the correct choice. Selecting Geno Smith No. 1 would bring some of the same criticism by some, but it would give the Chiefs a talented quarterback to build around.

KCrockaholic 02-05-2013 03:15 AM

I really wish people would start explaining what they don't like about Geno more. All I hear people say is he's a "reach" and crap like that, but they don't explain why and discuss his negatives. It's just piggy backing off of one or two guys thoughts, and now anyone involved in draft talk national will just repeat it. Maybe I could actually respect some of these guys opinions if they'd elaborate a little. And trust me, I know what Geno's weaknesses are. Why can't anybody in the media explain them to the people who don't know.

evolve27 02-05-2013 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9379246)
I'll hold out for my Chiefs Geno jersey. But once it's official, I'll probably end up getting a WVU one as well.

If we draft Geno, I'm buying one the same day and a couple of tickets so my wife and I can go watch him.

AussieChiefsFan 02-05-2013 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9379271)
I'm getting a chub just thinking about how much better Teddy B is going to be than Geno.

Ha

ChiefRocka 02-05-2013 07:07 AM

Just bet my buddy who works at BLeacher Report $100 that Geno will still be starting for a team in 5 yrs

O.city 02-05-2013 08:12 AM

OH SHITS

NFL Philosophy ‏@NFLosophy
I've seen a lot of talk about Joeckel being the "safest" pick this year. Aaron Curry was considered the "safest" pick, too.

RealSNR 02-05-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9379271)

I'm getting a chub just thinking about how much Teddy B is going to suck it up his senior year and drop out of the first round entirely in 2014

htismaqe 02-05-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9379448)
OH SHITS

NFL Philosophy ‏@NFLosophy
I've seen a lot of talk about Joeckel being the "safest" pick this year. Aaron Curry was considered the "safest" pick, too.

Burn