ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Playstation 4 price and Xbox 720 is announced (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272150)

New World Order 05-13-2014 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10627892)
Good for them. But they should of one upped PSPlus, by you keeping the games.

Also, this really hurts Kinect. They might want to make Kinect a cheat for games, well not really a cheat. But make it where if you have Kinect it gives you extra abilities during games.

Very disappointed. They better still include the voice commands with Dayz.

007 05-13-2014 09:36 PM

and just like that Gamestop already has the emails pouring out to customers about it.

Valiant 05-14-2014 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10628155)
Nobody was asking. :evil:

All joking aside, this is the way it should have been from day one. Sony knew that. MS has been stubborn as hell about not allowing it.

The main problem in my house is that everyone has their own account and each is locked with a passcode. nobody wants to let anyone else log on to their account, speaking primarily about my youngest who screws up people profiles. Because of this, it is inconvenient to try and watch online streaming on the xbox. We completely dropped Live about 3 months ago so the kids have been frustrated that they can't watch netflix on the box anymore.

My son wants the xbone but I told him he would have to save up his own money if he wants it that badly. He has been perfectly content to use the PS4 ever since. The funny thing is, the only thing he even wants the xbone for is titanfall. Reminded him we can get that on the PC. Of course, all I hear is "my friends don't play on PC"

EDIT

it actually goes back to my other complaint about xbox live. Everyone has their own stats so the kids hate sharing one single profile because they feel like they are being cheated. On PSN this isn't a problem because one account gets everyone online.

Everyone one on xbone can play. It is literally just like PSplus now.

Not on the 360.

007 05-14-2014 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10629061)
Everyone one on xbone can play. It is literally just like PSplus now.

Not on the 360.

Really? Last I heard it was still the same way as the 360. If this is the case then they are starting to fix all the problems that have been holding me back.

GordonGekko 05-14-2014 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCFalcon59 (Post 10627409)
This is why competition is a good thing. I guess I should have waited. Could have save about $50 more.

This.

I think both sides of this 'console war' realize how great it is to have a viable competitor. It makes both companies honest and committed to their customer base. To see what happens to products when there is no viable competition look at EA and the Madden series. The competition got eliminated and that game has been the same damn game for a decade now with very little/no improvement...

Mr. Plow 05-14-2014 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 10629134)
This.

I think both sides of this 'console war' realize how great it is to have a viable competitor. It makes both companies honest and committed to their customer base. To see what happens to products when there is no viable competition look at EA and the Madden series. The competition got eliminated and that game has been the same damn game for a decade now with very little/no improvement...

Yup. One makes the other better and vice versa. It's a good thing. I know my oldest will be happy about the price drop on the Xbox One....he's been saving up for one for awhile now.

Anyong Bluth 05-14-2014 11:26 AM

Sony announced it still estimates a 454 million dollar loss for the quarter.

Anyong Bluth 05-14-2014 11:32 AM

Just saw also a few upcoming title releases for both systems won't be in 1080p.

I don't think it is a major deal, but I do wonder why if they can do full 1080p they don't. In a few years QHD / 4K will have media and platform traction and yet games aren't caught up? Is this simply a case of blu ray not being a large enough storage medium to effectively deliver the best content and cloud still so in it's infancy stage?

htismaqe 05-14-2014 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10629541)

I don't think it is a major deal, but I do wonder why if they can do full 1080p they don't. In a few years QHD / 4K will have media and platform traction and yet games aren't caught up? Is this simply a case of blu ray not being a large enough storage medium to effectively deliver the best content and cloud still so in it's infancy stage?

I wonder if it's not a function of some of the developers trying to accommodate the previous gen platforms. Are the games in question also in development for PS3/XBox 360?

Valiant 05-14-2014 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10629067)
Really? Last I heard it was still the same way as the 360. If this is the case then they are starting to fix all the problems that have been holding me back.

I will try and find the article, it said if you have gold on a xbone then anyone can game online on it.

could not find the new one on ign on the updates.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/08/xbox-on...-and-live-gold

At E3 this year, we briefly highlighted a new benefit we’re bringing to Xbox Live Gold members on Xbox One. We’re calling it Home Gold. It will enable any Xbox Live Gold member on Xbox One to extend many Gold features to others at no additional cost. One Xbox Live Gold account delivering great benefits to everyone in the home.

Valiant 05-14-2014 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10629541)

I think it is a fps thing more than anything. Most people can not tell the difference between 1080 and 720/900 on their tvs.

My main gripe each generation is most games get worse with tech upgrades. It allows them to code shitty and have the machine fix it.

How the **** could I play up to 64/128 player games in 2000 on a first generation cable line and computer of the time flawlessly without lag. But now 28-24player games lag constantly? lazy ass coders.

New World Order 05-14-2014 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10629977)
I think it is a fps thing more than anything. Most people can not tell the difference between 1080 and 720/900 on their tvs.

My main gripe each generation is most games get worse with tech upgrades. It allows them to code shitty and have the machine fix it.

How the **** could I play up to 64/128 player games in 2000 on a first generation cable line and computer of the time flawlessly without lag. But now 28-24player games lag constantly? lazy ass coders.

I went to Walmart and stood there for around 15 minutes comparing televisions side-by-side and tried to see a difference between 1080 and 720.

I couldn't tell.

scorpio 05-14-2014 03:26 PM

"next-gen" consoles are the equivalent of a low end gaming PC today.

1080p / 60 FPS / Good Graphics (anti-aliasing, high textures, etc.)

Pick one. Maybe two, depending on the game.

kcxiv 05-14-2014 03:35 PM

I was gonna get me a PS4 soon, but i said F it and built a gaming rig, not a elite one, but one thats pretty decent. I was never into the PC is better or anything, but its just the way to go for me right now. I do have a WiiU though, cant wait for Mario Kart 8. Online should be a blast.

Ill still get a next gen console, but its going to be after the first price drop though.

I thought i was out of the PC game, but its pulled me back in! lol

Anyong Bluth 05-14-2014 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10629979)
I went to Walmart and stood there for around 15 minutes comparing televisions side-by-side and tried to see a difference between 1080 and 720.

I couldn't tell.

Ya, it's true, 90% of the time negligible at best. Now start with source material shot in true HD and on say a 70 or 80 + inch screen and then you will notice.

As for games, 1080p not a big deal vs 720 900 etc.