ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *.* 2014 General Fitness Thread *.* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280149)

BigCatDaddy 04-14-2014 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 10563142)
Have definitely read the study. Very interesting.

You sell supplements? Online, store or both?

Yep. About 99 percent of my sales are online.

Saccopoo 04-14-2014 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 10563129)
Exogenous supplementation of testosterone, whether its from intra-muscular injection, orals, OTC legal 'boosters' or administered by doctor for someone suffering from low T/thyroid issues, does not automatically mean they will build tons of muscle or experience subsequent performance gains. All it does is increase protein synthesis at the cellular level, allowing the user to recover faster and rebuild faster, provided that the building blocks are there (ie diet is is check). This is why you will see morons take gear that are clueless, and gain 10lbs of water weight, only to end up back at square 1.

This topic is starting to get silly, as there is a ton of mis-information and misnomers being thrown around now..

No, it does not.

may
can
could

Insert as you see fit for generalized ambiguity that benefits your/my side of the debate.

However:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XTVWrknCISE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

which lead to:

From about the 2:30 mark:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/H9M7Oa9zu4w?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dunit35 04-14-2014 11:19 PM

Do you gays recommend any vitamins for appetite control? Help me eat less. From what I'm reading omega 3, vitamin B, and fiber pills help control hunger and make you feel full.

I'm down 16 pounds in about two months but I know it could be more.

BigCatDaddy 04-14-2014 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 10563142)
Have definitely read the study. Very interesting.

You sell supplements? Online, store or both?

BigCatDaddy 04-14-2014 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 10563203)
Do you gays recommend any vitamins for appetite control? Help me eat less. From what I'm reading omega 3, vitamin B, and fiber pills help control hunger and make you feel full.

I'm down 16 pounds in about two months but I know it could be more.

What are your goals? People get too caught up on the scale and don't take into consideration body composition. You don't want to be skinny-fat just to see a lower number on the gravitational pull of your body mass. At least I wouldn't anyways.

Dunit35 04-14-2014 11:35 PM

I was 242 when I started in February. I'm at 226 now. My goal is 210. I'm doing 30 minutes of cardio 3-4 times a week and adding weight lifting. I'm trying to eat less, works sometimes.

My main goal is to lose weight/fat and get stronger. Which means I'll add a few pounds through muscle.

Aspengc8 04-15-2014 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10563182)
No, it does not.

may
can
could

Insert as you see fit for generalized ambiguity that benefits your/my side of the debate.

Like I already said, the stuff that dude is on is completely different than what professional/college athletes take. That kid has a video on his drug routine, and takes grams and grams of different bodybuilding compounds to get where he wants. Athletes don't even take the same compounds, and barely a fraction of the amount he does. TRT brings you to normal levels, not into his 'swole zone'.

I'm not even sure what you are trying to debate at this point? You don't seem to understand how different compounds work, and I could care less what people choose to do with supplementation, so whats left?

Aspengc8 04-15-2014 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 10563211)
I was 242 when I started in February. I'm at 226 now. My goal is 210. I'm doing 30 minutes of cardio 3-4 times a week and adding weight lifting. I'm trying to eat less, works sometimes.

My main goal is to lose weight/fat and get stronger. Which means I'll add a few pounds through muscle.

Good luck my friend. You are searching for the 'Holy Grail' (losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time). It's hard to serve two masters at once. If you try to focus on two things at the same time, you limit the possibility of gaining success at either...

.. unless you are new to weight training, extremely out of shape, coming off a long hiatus or on massive amounts of steroids. Then by all means, carry on! o:-)

lewdog 04-15-2014 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10563204)

Website? Many of us here buy supplements online.

Dunit35 04-15-2014 08:35 AM

Should I worry more about cardio right now? To lose weight. I've read lower weights higher reps are better for losing weight. I'm doing bench, squats 6-8 reps per set now.

luv 04-15-2014 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 10563418)
Should I worry more about cardio right now? To lose weight. I've read lower weights higher reps are better for losing weight. I'm doing bench, squats 6-8 reps per set now.

Just what I've learned...

Losing weight is more about diet. With weights, do heavier weights at < 8 reps per set or lighter weights at > 12 reps per set.

I could, of course, be completely mistaken. :)

Simply Red 04-15-2014 08:46 AM

Cross-Fit Lyfe

Omaha 04-15-2014 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 10563418)

That is not right. Go heavy or go home, bro!

ChiefsOne 04-15-2014 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douche Baggins (Post 10563126)
Pentagon Considers Ban On CrossFit Workout Program

Is there a link to this?

NewChief 04-15-2014 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsOne (Post 10563533)
Is there a link to this?

It's clearly a joke post. I would guess it's from the Duffel Blog or some other military satire site.