ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith Traded to Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270464)

DaneMcCloud 02-28-2013 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9449880)
Conspiracy Theory 1: I think Dorsey is floating trial balloons to see how Chiefs Planet reacts. He's negotiating the deal based on the feedback we are giving, and as a result the offered compensation for Smith is falling.

Conspiracy Theory 2: Dorsey knew this move would be unpopular so he launched the first rumor that we were giving up two second round picks. When it turns out we aren't giving up as much, people won't hate the deal as much.

Yeah, I heard from a great source tonight that Dorsey will call off the trade tomorrow because Hootie, GoChiefs, SNR, Htismaque and several others at Chiefsplanet disapprove.

Chiefs win!

duncan_idaho 02-28-2013 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9449877)
Perfect.

I love how Chiefs fans want other teams to be successful at the expense of their own team, just to pimp themselves as being "right".

I'm sure there's great joy in saying "I told you so" to no one that gives a shit.

It's burnout and desperation.

At this point, I have no idea what it's going to take to convince Chiefs management that it's a QB league and you have to spend early picks in the draft on the position, and not try to recycle other team's garbage, to win big.

Knowing the Chiefs, they could watch 8 guys go in the top 10 in the draft this year and still worry about "overdrafting" a QB and wasting "value" in the next one.

Would love for Dorsey and Reid to prove me wrong on that, though.

Ugly Duck 02-28-2013 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9449544)
Alex Smith could be Trent Green 2.0!

Or.... Alex Smith could be Matt Cassel II !!!

Matt Cassel - 58.9 completion %, 13,495 yards, 82 TD, 57 INT, 24 Fumbles, 80.4 Passer Rating

Alex Smith - 59.3 completion %, 14,280 yards, 81 TD, 63 INT, 36 Fumbles, 79.1 Passer Rating

DaneMcCloud 02-28-2013 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9449904)
It's burnout and desperation.

At this point, I have no idea what it's going to take to convince Chiefs management that it's a QB league and you have to spend early picks in the draft on the position, and not try to recycle other team's garbage, to win big.

Knowing the Chiefs, they could watch 8 guys go in the top 10 in the draft this year and still worry about "overdrafting" a QB and wasting "value" in the next one.

Would love for Dorsey and Reid to prove me wrong on that, though.

It's ownership. It's always been ownership. It will continue to be ownership until the family cashes out.

Until Clark Hunt creates a mandate for winning the Super Bowl and mandates that his team be built through the draft, the Chiefs will continue to struggle with mediocrity.

The events of today should be no surprise to long time fans.

DaneMcCloud 02-28-2013 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Duck (Post 9449906)
Or.... Alex Smith could be Matt Cassel II !!!

Matt Cassel - 58.9 completion %, 13,495 yards, 82 TD, 57 INT, 24 Fumbles, 80.4 Passer Rating

Alex Smith - 59.3 completion %, 14,280 yards, 81 TD, 63 INT, 36 Fumbles, 79.1 Passer Rating

This is all new information

Setsuna 02-28-2013 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildTurkey (Post 9449853)
He's ours bitch! :deevee:

ROFL LMAO ROFL LMAO ROFL

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9449865)
You can guess who posted this. LMAO

:LOL: Cassel's wife needs to be at this bitch's work with a crowbar.

duncan_idaho 02-28-2013 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9449919)
It's ownership. It's always been ownership. It will continue to be ownership until the family cashes out.

Until Clark Hunt creates a mandate for winning the Super Bowl and mandates that his team be built through the draft, the Chiefs will continue to struggle with mediocrity.

The events of today should be no surprise to long time fans.

It wasn't a surprise that this org did something dumb and safe that gives it a better chance to be between 7-9 and 11-5.

But it sure as hell was a massive ice bath dumped on the flickering flames of my hope that MAYBE the org had FINALLY wised up and put some guys in charge who understood you have to take risks to actually have a chance at winning a Super Bowl.

BigChiefFan 02-28-2013 01:10 AM

I still can't believe the hire-ups hitched their wagon to this POS.

DaneMcCloud 02-28-2013 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9449935)
It wasn't a surprise that this org did something dumb and safe that gives it a better chance to be between 7-9 and 11-5.

But it sure as hell was a massive ice bath dumped on the flickering flames of my hope that MAYBE the org had FINALLY wised up and put some guys in charge who understood you have to take risks to actually have a chance at winning a Super Bowl.

I don't think that Dorsey or Reid are risk adverse but it's now plainly obvious that they didn't like their options in the 2013 draft. Keep in mind, both of these guys have five year deals so they have fours years minimum to make something happen.

This move may or may not be the best option for 2013 but it was most certainly a risky move.

Hammock Parties 02-28-2013 01:12 AM

49ers fans:

Quote:

the Chiefs seriously overpaid; wow! a 2nd rounder and a similar pick in 2014 for Alex; maybe they really do have the confidence that Andy can turn Alex into something special in KC…i would; can’t imagine how much value this detracts from Foles in Philly…way to stick it to the Eagles coach!!

Stunned

I am an idiot. Good for the Niners. And kudos to all who felt that was what they would pay for Smith.

Reid, you are a fool. I feel terrible for Chiefs fans who just got rid of Pioli and now get the 2nd coming…

It’s a win for us. It’s a win for Alex.

I’m not so sure it’s a win for the Chiefs.

its not great for both sides
we raped them

Bump 02-28-2013 01:14 AM

the Chiefs reddit is pretty happy about this, anybody complaining about Alex Smith automatically gets downvoted to all hell. check it out lol

http://www.reddit.com/r/KansasCityChiefs/

cdcox 02-28-2013 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9449947)
49ers fans:

They run some good smack.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-28-2013 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9449970)
They run some good smack.

Not to mention being absolutely right.
Posted via Mobile Device

silver5liter 02-28-2013 01:41 AM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dCnbwaqLWMg?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PaulAllen 02-28-2013 01:45 AM

My buddy forty niner fan was defending this trade up and down saying we got a good deal and Smith is a good quarterback. I bet him a hundred bucks at 10 to 1 that Smith wouldn't win us a playoff game.

He wouldn't do it.