ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Playstation 4 price and Xbox 720 is announced (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272150)

bowener 05-14-2014 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10630007)
I was gonna get me a PS4 soon, but i said F it and built a gaming rig, not a elite one, but one thats pretty decent. I was never into the PC is better or anything, but its just the way to go for me right now. I do have a WiiU though, cant wait for Mario Kart 8. Online should be a blast.

Ill still get a next gen console, but its going to be after the first price drop though.

I thought i was out of the PC game, but its pulled me back in! lol

When I get time/money to blow I am going for a $600 build that I can improve upon.

kcxiv 05-14-2014 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 10630042)
When I get time/money to blow I am going for a $600 build that I can improve upon.

Thats what i did, i already had a good 600 watt power source, i have plenty of cases and a hard drive i bought last year when my old one fried. All i did was buy the video card, the motherboard ram and video card.

It cost me around 600 bucks. I can easily upgrade if need be and will when its time. I get all this, plus i can download video and stream media surf the web. I have my computer up for streaming computer games or console games. I just looked at the situation and said to myself, the better investment for me right now is to just build a computer.

The only multi-platform game i want this year so far is Watch Dogs and i could get that on the computer. That with all the great steam sales you get everyday. It was a no brainer. I also have my WiiU for nintendo exclusives. I get the best of both worlds.

007 05-14-2014 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10629966)
I will try and find the article, it said if you have gold on a xbone then anyone can game online on it.

could not find the new one on ign on the updates.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/08/xbox-on...-and-live-gold

At E3 this year, we briefly highlighted a new benefit we’re bringing to Xbox Live Gold members on Xbox One. We’re calling it Home Gold. It will enable any Xbox Live Gold member on Xbox One to extend many Gold features to others at no additional cost. One Xbox Live Gold account delivering great benefits to everyone in the home.

Those are all the features they scrapped last year when people didn't want to give up disk sharing though. I don't think multiple users can play online with only one Gold account as things stand now. Seems like somebody here on CP actually tried it and couldn't do it.

Pants 05-14-2014 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10629979)
I went to Walmart and stood there for around 15 minutes comparing televisions side-by-side and tried to see a difference between 1080 and 720.

I couldn't tell.

They were probably using the same 720p source.

There's a big difference between those two resolutions when it comes to games. However, depending on other, arguably more important, graphics effects, a game running in 720p may look better than another game running in 1080p.

New World Order 05-14-2014 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10630027)
Ya, it's true, 90% of the time negligible at best. Now start with source material shot in true HD and on say a 70 or 80 + inch screen and then you will notice.

As for games, 1080p not a big deal vs 720 900 etc.

We're in good hands with Microsoft.

Anyong Bluth 05-14-2014 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10630403)
We're in good hands with Microsoft.

Not following?

htismaqe 05-14-2014 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10630426)
Not following?

The gaming discussion gets ****ing silly here sometimes.

It's like Wooderson and Clint measuring dicks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3LxQJ6xvyA

Anyong Bluth 05-14-2014 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10630437)
The gaming discussion gets ****ing silly here sometimes.

It's like Wooderson and Clint measuring dicks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3LxQJ6xvyA

Oh, I'm not a big enough gamer to give half a ****- let alone a whole **** about console wars.

htismaqe 05-14-2014 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10630438)
Oh, I'm not a big enough gamer to give half a ****- let alone a whole **** about console wars.

I play games all the time but I usually judge them by, oh...I don't know...by whether or not they're FUN. :D

Anyong Bluth 05-14-2014 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10630444)
I play games all the time but I usually judge them by, oh...I don't know...by whether or not they're FUN. :D

Then as a layman, I would think that this is a good means of making one's decision.

Hays 05-15-2014 03:09 PM

Sounds like next month its time to get a Xbox One.

Anyone want to tell me why I should get it with Kinect?

Any must have games yet?

New World Order 05-15-2014 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10630444)

Image, I know you were contemplating which console/pc you should buy.

Did you ever come to a conclusion?

New World Order 05-15-2014 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hays (Post 10631697)
Sounds like next month its time to get a Xbox One.

Anyone want to tell me why I should get it with Kinect?

Any must have games yet?

Some people don't need it, but it's actually a device I use every single day.

Turning the console on with your voice, switching inputs from live tv to netflix without lifting a finger, and changing channels are convenient with Kinect.

I think it would be bad ass to have with football season around the corner.

Jerm 05-15-2014 05:49 PM

So I'm curious...what does everyone think is a realistic megaton MS and Sony could drop at e3 that would get everyone talking?

For MS mine would be Fallout 4 announced during their PC with an agreement similar to COD...timed DLC, "lead platform", etc.

For Sony it's easy IMO...it's time for The Last Guardian.

New World Order 05-15-2014 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 10632000)
So I'm curious...what does everyone think is a realistic megaton MS and Sony could drop at e3 that would get everyone talking?

For MS mine would be Fallout 4 announced during their PC with an agreement similar to COD...timed DLC, "lead platform", etc.

For Sony it's easy IMO...it's time for The Last Guardian.

Rumors are Fallout 4 is now an exclusive to Xbox.