ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *.* 2013 General Fitness Thread *.* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268371)

NewChief 09-03-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9934044)
Bite me.

What's a vegan gym rat supposed to do if not for soy proteins.

I'm getting fat as shit eating hummus.

Quinoa.

penguinz 09-03-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Bite me.

http://navitasnaturals.com/product/4...in-Powder.html

Soy is evil.

Buck 09-03-2013 01:21 PM

Does anyone else sweat profusely while lifting? I've noticed at my gym, nobody else even looks like they're sweating at all. My shirt is usually stuck to my body drenched when I leave.

Silock 09-03-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9935424)
Does anyone else sweat profusely while lifting? I've noticed at my gym, nobody else even looks like they're sweating at all. My shirt is usually stuck to my body drenched when I leave.

Are we seriously asking this ****ing question?

Omaha 09-03-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

I sweat a lot. I'm told it's hot.

jiveturkey 09-03-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

It's a central nervous system response and it's a good thing.

For me deadlifts, squats and cleans results in sweat pouring off of me. Less so in other lifts.

kepp 09-03-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Bite me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9934994)
Quinoa.

Quinoa is great. And legumes. Try this site - http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...roducts/2324/2
...and pay attention to the "PROTEIN QUALITY" section. A score of less than 100 means that you will need to combine that particular food with something else to get complete protein. Quinoa has a score of 106, meaning it is a complete protein by itself.

cookster50 09-03-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9931462)
I'm shopping for some new running shoes today. I'm gonna get the shoes with the arch in them to help distribute the pressure from each step throughout my whole foot instead of just on my heel.

Anyone have any brand recommendations? I've looked at Brooks and Asics.

I've only purchased Asics lately. GT-2XXX works well for me.

Buck 09-03-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9935436)
Are we seriously asking this ****ing question?

Yes.

GordonGekko 09-03-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9935515)
Yes.

How long do your lifting sessions last?

If you are in there for over an hour busting your ass, you should be sweating up a monsoon. Also, a factor in this would be the climate control in your gym. I notice if there are a ton of people working out along side me, then I tend to do more sweating than if it's a Sunday and I'm one of 8 people in the gym. Probably has something to do with body heat and humidity of all the other people making me sweat more.

The other people are probably not sweating because they do a set, then go talk and socialize for 5 minutes or more and aren't working that hard.

Silock 09-03-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9935515)
Yes.

Your checklist should go like this:

1) Am I working out?

If yes, then you should be sweating.

That's it.

Saul Good 09-03-2013 02:48 PM

If you don't sweat, you aren't working out.

Buck 09-03-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 9935521)
How long do your lifting sessions last?

If you are in there for over an hour busting your ass, you should be sweating up a monsoon. Also, a factor in this would be the climate control in your gym. I notice if there are a ton of people working out along side me, then I tend to do more sweating than if it's a Sunday and I'm one of 8 people in the gym. Probably has something to do with body heat and humidity of all the other people making me sweat more.

The other people are probably not sweating because they do a set, then go talk and socialize for 5 minutes or more and aren't working that hard.

Usually 1 - 1.5 hours, 4 days a week.

I'm not kidding when I say I don't see anyone else sweating. I thought maybe it was a n00b thing. I also drink a gallon of water a day so it might be that.

Buck 09-03-2013 02:51 PM

Maybe I'll take a pic next time guys. It looks like I stepped into the shower with my clothes on.

Silock 09-03-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9935565)
Maybe I'll take a pic next time guys. It looks like I stepped into the shower with my clothes on.

/shrug

It means you're working hard. It happens.