ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink What's for dinner? Here's mine... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269869)

Fire Me Boy! 07-01-2014 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10724759)
Gather round, gather round. It's time for Burgin' II: Electric Burgaloo. This time in HD.

Dat grill is hot, son.

http://i.imgur.com/rkwZ6Uuh.jpg

Grate is right side up!!! :clap:

BucEyedPea 07-01-2014 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10724865)
Cavender's on Squash and Zucchini, sliced flat lengthwise and sprinkled with olive oil.

Throw some onions and peppers in there if you like as well, or skip Cavenders and use blackened/Cajun spice mix instead.

Perfect on the grill!! Absolutely perfect. Get it good and charred, then sprinkle a little feta on at the end and let it brown a bit.

I make probably 20-25 batches a summer.

Mom's squash and zucchini patch should have some plants by the 4th!!!

Man, that looks soooooooooooooo good! Putting some of that on now for lunch. Having my cold strawberry tomato with a touch of jalapeno Gazpacho first.

Saw it first last night and it made me hungry for it.

BucEyedPea 07-01-2014 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fried Meat Ball! (Post 10724646)
I want one of these:

Awesome! Never heard of it before. I am definitely gonna get one of those.

Lighter fluid always makes me nervous. I thought about buying a fireman's suit at one point. When I grew up a neighbor's dad squirted it and the flames dove out burning his pregnant wife, one of my girl friends and another young child permanently scarring them. My girlfriend got it the worst all over her face and arms. Terrible 4th of July tragedy for a family.

LoneWolf 07-01-2014 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 10725754)

Lighter fluid always makes me nervous. I thought about buying a fireman's suit at one point. When I grew up a neighbor's dad squirted it and the flames dove out burning his pregnant wife, one of my girl friends and another young child permanently scarring them. My girlfriend got it the worst all over her face and arms. Terrible 4th of July tragedy for a family.

Were your neighbors the Murphy's?
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...ZJCkz-tqipYPi8

Fire Me Boy! 07-01-2014 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 10725754)

Sounds like your neighbor wasn't using it right. You shouldn't squirt lighter fluid on an already lit grill. That's stupid. You squirt it on unlit charcoal and let it soak a bit, then light.

But that stuff is nasty anyway.

BucEyedPea 07-01-2014 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 10724699)
Awesome.

That does look awesome. Something that goes over big here with all the colorful veggies.

BucEyedPea 07-01-2014 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fried Meat Ball! (Post 10725783)
Sounds like your neighbor wasn't using it right. You shouldn't squirt lighter fluid on an already lit grill. That's stupid. You squirt it on unlit charcoal and let it soak a bit, then light.

But that stuff is nasty anyway.

I was too young to know every detail, but as I recall there was a sudden wind too. You think he would have known since was a very smart, as well as respected man, who was a chemical engineer for the Polaroid company. It was a large family then but eventually they had ten kids.

Fire Me Boy! 07-01-2014 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 10725790)
I was too young to know every detail, but as I recall there was a sudden wind too. You think he would have known since was a very smart, as well as respected man, who was a chemical engineer for the Polaroid company. It was a large family then but eventually they had ten kids.

I've seen dozens of intelligent people spray it on flaming coals. Dumb.

tooge 07-01-2014 12:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
So, the first pic is last nights dinner. Bone in pork chop, some grilled scallions, corn, and heirloom potatoes done in a foil pack with some garlic and butter on the grill.

Second pic is the first use of the new grill (Weber Performer) that is a gas lit charcoal. It's loaded up with Salmon, two strips, grilled scallions, corn, and yellow squash. Yum

BucEyedPea 07-01-2014 12:16 PM

Good lookin' meals. That's a mutha' of a pork chop you got there.
Never thought of grilling scallions. That's a new one to try.

tooge 07-01-2014 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 10725846)
Good lookin' meals. That's a mutha' of a pork chop you got there.
Never thought of grilling scallions. That's a new one to try.

when you grill the scallions, just roll them around in a little bit of olive oil, then lightly sprinkle on some kosher salt. Grilling them gives a nice, quick carmelization, and completely removes the sulfurous onion bite, leaving a very sweet onion flavor.

tooge 07-01-2014 12:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is right before I took everything off. I flipped the salmon and let it get a little carmelization where it's skin was sitting. I find that the salmon skin naturally "oils" the grate to prevent the non skin side from sticking.

Fire Me Boy! 07-01-2014 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 10725835)
So, the first pic is last nights dinner. Bone in pork chop, some grilled scallions, corn, and heirloom potatoes done in a foil pack with some garlic and butter on the grill.

Second pic is the first use of the new grill (Weber Performer) that is a gas lit charcoal. It's loaded up with Salmon, two strips, grilled scallions, corn, and yellow squash. Yum

Anyone ever tell you that pork chop looks like an overcooked porterhouse?

tooge 07-01-2014 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fried Meat Ball! (Post 10725881)
Anyone ever tell you that pork chop looks like an overcooked porterhouse?

Heh, no. It may look overcooked, but I like it right at medium, and it was money. I just make sure the coals are nice and hot. It was about that size though.

Fire Me Boy! 07-01-2014 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 10725902)
Heh, no. It may look overcooked, but I like it right at medium, and it was money. I just make sure the coals are nice and hot. It was about that size though.

It was self-deprecating humor, no judgment intended on your chop. A week ago, I produced an overcooked porterhouse that the collective thought looked like a pork chop.