ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs MELLINGER: Chiefs fans feel ignored (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265717)

KCTitus 10-26-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9052788)
Selling the farm isn't the same as the old days. If you draft a QB that doesn't work, you just draft another one. In the old days a first round QB it would cost so much that your organization would be crippled if they fell flat. Now if you draft a bust, you're probably in a position to draft another.

Possibly...I would assume 'selling the farm' would include the subsequent years #1, and if so, for all intents and purposes, your draftee is going to be the guy for at least 3 years. If that doesnt work, then yes, I guess KC tries again...assuming that the year has a good QB prospect or has to trade up, yet again, for the top prospect. Then that means yet another trading of multiple picks for the top prospect who may or may not pan out.

KC is not the Washinton Redskins flush with money every year from suites and other ad revenue that can make these kinds of blunders year after year and then just piss away numerous picks for another top pick. While RG3 appears to be the QB there, Im interested to see what happens throughout the season and next year.

FAX 10-26-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9052788)
Selling the farm isn't the same as the old days. If you draft a QB that doesn't work, you just draft another one. In the old days a first round QB it would cost so much that your organization would be crippled if they fell flat. Now if you draft a bust, you're probably in a position to draft another.

True ... and, interestingly, it also means a much more robust secondary market in young, 1st- and 2nd-year quarterbacks is going to develop which is also something to consider and keep an eye on.

FAX

DeezNutz 10-26-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9052827)
True ... and, interestingly, it also means a much more robust secondary market in young, 1st- and 2nd-year quarterbacks is going to develop which is also something to consider and keep an eye on.

FAX

I love garage sales. /"EotD"

FAX 10-26-2012 07:09 PM

And what, pray tell, is "EotD", Mr. DeezNutz?

I honestly don't want to be up all night trying in vain to figure it out on my own.

"Edith On The Dope"?
"Exclusive: Oppenheimer Tryst Denied"?
"Eggcups Overemphasize Traumatized Dates"?

FAX

DeezNutz 10-26-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9052852)
And what, pray tell, is "EotD", Mr. DeezNutz?

I honestly don't want to be up all night trying in vain to figure it out on my own.

"Edith On The Dope"?
"Exclusive: Oppenheimer Tryst Denied"?
"Eggcups Overemphasize Traumatized Dates"?

FAX

Oh, it's what those crazy youth are calling the "Executive of the Decade," but I keeps it real in calling him Tuna taint.

FAX 10-26-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9052859)
Oh, it's what those crazy youth are calling the "Executive of the Decade," but I keeps it real in calling him Tuna taint.

Oh ... my God ... I should have know that.

And, if I had, that would have been funny. Dang.

I was headed in the general direction of, "Early Onset Testicular Darkening". Thanks for saving me from any more.

FAX THE MISSED OUT AGAIN BUT STILL GRATEFUL

GloryDayz 10-26-2012 07:34 PM

I can't wait for CHunt to invite me to chat. Hell, he can come to mine if that works better for me. All spring for lunch and make sure we're not irrupted by calls or any other such minutia... PM me Clark!

milkman 10-27-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9050971)
I agree. Had Herm and Carl gotten another year, then I would be more inclined to agree with him. As it was, they were ran out of town with pitchforks. I won't even bump the Carl is fired thread for proof. Everyone should remember.

Seriously, and be honest with yourself, if not out loud, looking back right now, do you wish they'd had just 1 more year to see what they could do with the team? Would we have drafted that 1st round QB? If they had 1 more year, do you think they would've been successful? What would be different about this team, and who would be running it if Clark had given them just one more year?

Those questions are for everyone, not just Dave. I'm just curious. I'm trying to get my finger on the pulse of Chiefs fans. ;)

No, there's no way that Carl and Herman ****ing Edwards should have been given another year.

The time to make a change at the GM position had come years prior to the actual change, and Herman ****ing Edwards should never be allowed to coach on any level.

It is well documented, though, that I, along with a couple of others (Hamas, Warpath58 and Dane) weren't on board with hiring Pioli.

I did, however, give Clark Hunt credit for getting the most sought after candidate of the the previous 4 or 5 years that no other team could pry away from New England.

I didn't think he was the right guy, but it should have shown that Hunt did actually care about winning.

whoman69 10-27-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9050971)
I agree. Had Herm and Carl gotten another year, then I would be more inclined to agree with him. As it was, they were ran out of town with pitchforks. I won't even bump the Carl is fired thread for proof. Everyone should remember.

Seriously, and be honest with yourself, if not out loud, looking back right now, do you wish they'd had just 1 more year to see what they could do with the team? Would we have drafted that 1st round QB? If they had 1 more year, do you think they would've been successful? What would be different about this team, and who would be running it if Clark had given them just one more year?

Those questions are for everyone, not just Dave. I'm just curious. I'm trying to get my finger on the pulse of Chiefs fans. ;)

Curiosity is not a reason to retain a failed GM and coach. They put way too many people on the field that last year that never should have been given a shot instead of trying to bring in steady FAs to field the positions they knew they could not cover. Herm never got the best out of any of his players. Pederson bought into his own genious.

Who was the QB we could have drafted that year? Freeman would have been a huge reach at 3, even bigger than Jackson was. That was a horrible draft top to bottom. Even doubts are being placed on Stafford and his lazy work ethic.

Rausch 10-27-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

The Chiefs are run by smart people who care. The aggravating part is their lousy way of showing it to the masses.
Show me by winning.

Anything else is more pointless babble we've already heard the last 30 years...

Monty 10-27-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9053791)
Show me by winning.

Anything else is more pointless babble we've already heard the last 30 years...

This. CHunt has shown that he appears to care, whether he really cares is another matter. Having a meeting with a fan is more of a PR move than a real action IMO. Time to step it up CHunt.

BossChief 10-27-2012 01:06 PM

Anyone claiming that ChiefsPlanet would be mad, even if the team is winning, should go read some posts from mid 2010.

It's not like CP members are the only ones that bood Cassel everytime he got on the field this year FFS.