ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Ben Affleck is the new Batman (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275523)

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-23-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9907846)
I just never cared for Adam West as Batman. Even as a kid I didn't like him. Batman wasn't meant to be a caricature.

While I really did enjoy Bale as Batman, I still think Keaton was the best Batman.

Keaton sucked, brah. SUCKED. Campy, 60's Batman was ****ing AWESOME.

And **** Ben Aftard. This is truly a god-awful Hollywood decision. Dane, what was your part in all this?

DaneMcCloud 08-23-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9909913)
Thanks to this thread, I just watched "The Town" for the first time and it was fantastic.

Awesome!

If you watch it a few more times, you'll likely pick up on subtleties you missed the during the first viewing. Depth is such a "good" thing and IMO, Affleck has really blossomed into an A-list director.

Sure-Oz 08-23-2013 11:42 PM

Joss Whedon seems to like Affleck as the new batman.

007 08-23-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9909916)
Keaton sucked, brah. SUCKED. Campy, 60's Batman was ****ing AWESOME.

And **** Ben Aftard. This is truly a god-awful Hollywood decision. Dane, what was your part in all this?

There is something wrong with you. LMAO

Sure-Oz 08-23-2013 11:44 PM

Brian Cranston being rumored as Lex Luthor as well going around

DaneMcCloud 08-24-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 9910024)

He and Mark Strong,

Personally, I think Strong is too obvious but he'd be great nonetheless.

Valiant 08-24-2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9909131)
Somebody else I know, said they wanted John Hamm as Batman, too. I've never seen him in anything.

Still shocks me he was the original flash from tobeys spiderman..

007 08-24-2013 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9910056)
He and Mark Strong,

Ooooh, Strong would be perfect for that role.

Discuss Thrower 08-24-2013 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 9910019)
Joss Whedon seems to like Affleck as the new batman.

As good as Whedon is as a storyteller, you have to admit he lets things get to him.

That and he takes killing off main characters to a level only George RR Martin has reached and for less acceptable reasons.

Sorter 08-24-2013 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9910056)
He and Mark Strong,

I really wanted Mark Strong as Javert.

Underrated actor for the majority. His work in Body of Lies was absolutely fantastic.

kysirsoze 08-24-2013 02:03 AM

I like Ben Affleck. Very underrated. That said, this would probably be bad news if I wasn't already planning on skipping this movie. The first one was terrible and it looks like they are right on pace to churn out another turd.

Zack Snyder = Mark Steven Johnson

kysirsoze 08-24-2013 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 9910024)

This would almost be a shame because he would be SO good and I know the film wouldn't live up to his performance.

mdchiefsfan 08-24-2013 04:05 AM

Bryan Cranston would be an awesome Lex Luthor.

mdchiefsfan 08-24-2013 04:08 AM

http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/24/bryan-...steel-3936111/

Quote:

Bryan Cranston has reportedly been cast as Lex Luthor in the Batman/Superman team-up sequel to Man of Steel.

The Breaking Bad star is said to have signed up to play Superman’s long-time nemesis for a minimum of six films which could extend to ten.

An official announcement of Cranston’s casting will apparently be scheduled for after Breaking Bad finishes in order for the news to ride the wave of the finale, say Cosmic Book News.

A source told the website: ‘Cranston truly is a dream casting for Luthor’.

Bryan will be joining a cast which includes Henry Cavill as Superman, and Ben Affleck who was revealed to have been cast as Batman this week.

People who were against Affleck landing the part – and there were quite a few – may not be pleased to hear the latest reports which say the Argo director and star could allegedly play Bruce Wayne for a total of 13 films.

Mark Strong was previously rumoured to be in line for the role of Lex Luthor, but having already appeared in one DC film (Green Lantern as Sinestro) was a factor in DC deciding not to go with him, as they are interested in having him play the part a second time.

The hotly-anticipated Batman/Man of Steel film is out in 2015.

Holy Shit

007 08-24-2013 04:26 AM

13 films? JFC They won't make it to 3.