ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals ***Official Royals @ Indians game thread 4/24*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283198)

Nzoner 04-24-2014 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 10582983)
I think the most obvious answer is that the players know that the manager has little affect on the outcome of the game and that they each have to do their job.

They like that he takes the heat and deflects it from them, even when they play poorly. Now players do question managers all the time, but not to the point that there would be any type of mutiny or outright hatred towards them in the majority of situations.

And I am not sure why you think they don't care. Or what the relationship is that you perceive to exist between not caring and questioning or not questioning the manager.

I always hear that argument about managers but c'mon if the manager is making decisions that are hurting the team he is making the job of the players even more difficult than it should be.

I'm just fed up as are the guys I was with and even though we played the game on a much much smaller level we played for managers that would not have moved a Butler from 6th back to 4th after only a few days of 6th beginning to show some promise,they would not have pulled a pitcher in a zone in the last inning of a 1-0 game because of a pitch count,they sure as hell wouldn't have moved a Butler from 4th to 3rd who was struggling again and would have given a bench guy a shot and on and on...

Sorry I'm rambling but I hate Yost,any manager that gets fired from a team getting ready to go into the play-offs should have never been rehired in the first place.

Agree or not it's my .02

mr. tegu 04-24-2014 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 10583025)
I always hear that argument about managers but c'mon if the manager is making decisions that are hurting the team he is making the job of the players even more difficult than it should be.

I'm just fed up as are the guys I was with and even though we played the game on a much much smaller level we played for managers that would not have moved a Butler from 6th back to 4th after only a few days of 6th beginning to show some promise,they would not have pulled a pitcher in a zone in the last inning of a 1-0 game because of a pitch count,they sure as hell wouldn't have moved a Butler from 4th to 3rd who was struggling again and would have given a bench guy a shot and on and on...

Sorry I'm rambling but I hate Yost,any manager that gets fired from a team getting ready to go into the play-offs should have never been rehired in the first place.

Agree or not it's my .02

So you don't want a discussion on players, leadership, and their feelings towards management and how that relationship exists. You just want to complain about Yost. That is fine I guess.

Deberg_1990 04-24-2014 02:02 PM

KC has truly had some shitty managers over the past 20 years. Its sad that Yost is probably one of the better ones in that group.

Nzoner 04-24-2014 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 10583050)
So you don't want a discussion on players, leadership, and their feelings towards management and how that relationship exists. You just want to complain about Yost. That is fine I guess.

Leadership starts at the top does it not?

Nzoner 04-24-2014 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10583060)
KC has truly had some shitty managers over the past 20 years. Its sad that Yost is probably one of the better ones in that group.

Now that is truly a frightening thought seeing that none of those others were fired from a team getting ready to enter the postseason. :shudder:

Prison Bitch 04-24-2014 02:05 PM

Maybe the Royals just aren't a good team. Maybe Cleveland is just better, and is run by a superior GM. I didn't watch (and really, why would anyone?) but the recap says we scored our only run on an error.

Our offense is a complete joke and there's very little chance this team finishes over .500. DM had 8 years to build a competent lineup, and it is clear he failed miserably.

mr. tegu 04-24-2014 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 10583062)
Leadership starts at the top does it not?

I am not sure why you think they don't care or what kind of leadership you expect from the players and how any perceived lack of leadership in the players is Ned's fault. Or what the relationship is that you perceive to exist between not caring and questioning or not questioning the manager.

Deberg_1990 04-24-2014 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 10583069)
Now that is truly a frightening thought seeing that none of those others were fired from a team getting ready to enter the postseason. :shudder:

None of those other guys even got close to the Postseason. unless you count Pena I guess......

Prison Bitch 04-24-2014 02:07 PM

The box score says Cory Kluber (who?) went the distance. 1 unearned run with 11k and 0 bb. That's just utterly amazing.

Nzoner 04-24-2014 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 10583073)
I am not sure why you think they don't care or what kind of leadership you expect from the players and how any perceived lack of leadership in the players is Ned's fault. Or what the relationship is that you perceive to exist between not caring and questioning or not questioning the manager.

Appreciate the little discussion we had but let's just leave it that I think Yost is a complete idiot and all I want is to complain about him.

Nzoner 04-24-2014 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10583074)
None of those other guys even got close to the Postseason. unless you count Pena I guess......

Oh I get that but here we are again as KC fans(both Chiefs and Royals) just excited to be in the hunt.I don't know,I'm 51 years old and have exactly one championship in both sports combined that I was old enough to enjoy.

alnorth 04-24-2014 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 10583025)

But he's not, really.

The major league baseball manager in the AL is the least-important and least-relevant of all the head coaches in the major American sports. It begins and ends with the GM and the players. The only time the manager is important is if he is bunting too much or making pitchers throw 120+ pitches every day and injuring them.

Deberg_1990 04-24-2014 02:18 PM

Aoki, Hosmer, Butler, Gordon, Moose...

0-19. Good grief.....
Posted via Mobile Device

alnorth 04-24-2014 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10583111)
Aoki, Hosmer, Butler, Gordon, Moose...

0-19. Good grief.....
Posted via Mobile Device

Yost is obviously sabotaging them, somehow

Demonpenz 04-24-2014 03:41 PM

Aoki hasn't impressed me much.