ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jeff Flanagan: "Tyler Bray slow to grasp pro system" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283620)

jd1020 05-12-2014 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10626209)
Hence the "one or two games" part. A backup QB should give you a chance to win one or two games.

And you think a team that basically went 9-0 with little help from the QB couldn't win 2 games with Murray or Bray?

lcarus 05-12-2014 06:08 PM

If it was me I'd cut Daniel and keep Bray and Murray both. I have good reasons for that. The first being that Chase Daniel is a shitty worthless piece of hot smoking litter. The second being that if Alex Smith goes down, we're ****ed anyway so we might as well have 2 young QBs behind him that we can test.

Mr. Laz 05-12-2014 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10626269)
If it was me I'd cut Daniel and keep Bray and Murray both. I have good reasons for that. The first being that Chase Daniel is a shitty worthless piece of hot smoking litter. The second being that if Alex Smith goes down, we're ****ed anyway so we might as well have 2 young QBs behind him that we can test.

viable point

The only thing would be that if by some miracle we actually improve after losing talent and Alex Smith just misses a game or 2. Losing those games during a final push for a playoff spot would really hurt.

lcarus 05-12-2014 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10626278)
viable point

The only thing would be that if by some miracle we actually improve after losing talent and Alex Smith just misses a game or 2. Losing those games during a final push for a playoff spot would really hurt.

Yeah but even so, I'd rather have Murray or Bray in there than Daniel. How much worse could they be? I mean, we all saw Daniel for what he is last year. Shitty.

htismaqe 05-12-2014 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10626323)
Yeah but even so, I'd rather have Murray or Bray in there than Daniel. How much worse could they be? I mean, we all saw Daniel for what he is last year. Shitty.

He, along with 21 other 2nd and 3rd string scrubs, almost beat a team that won a playoff game.

htismaqe 05-12-2014 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10626230)
And you think a team that basically went 9-0 with little help from the QB couldn't win 2 games with Murray or Bray?

With Murray? Maybe.

With Bray? ROFL ROFL ROFL

Easy 6 05-13-2014 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10626564)
With Murray? Maybe.

With Bray? ROFL ROFL ROFL

1 or 2 games? I don't see why that would be impossible...

a) hope the defense plays a good game.

b) simplify the hell outta the game plan, run Charles and Davis a bunch and give Bray half the field to read on passing downs, keeping it simple with plenty of short drops and screens... letting him launch it once or twice a half wouldn't hurt either.

htismaqe 05-13-2014 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10626964)
1 or 2 games? I don't see why that would be impossible...

a) hope the defense plays a good game.

b) simplify the hell outta the game plan, run Charles and Davis a bunch and give Bray half the field to read on passing downs, keeping it simple with plenty of short drops and screens... letting him launch it once or twice a half wouldn't hurt either.

Or you could just play Daniel, run the offense, and win anyway...

Why make wholesale changes to accommodate a guy that really has no future on your team?

Focus on Aaron Murray and forget about Tyler Bray.

beach tribe 05-13-2014 10:04 AM

You will all be riding Bray's sack after the pre-season.
Unless the guy has learned nothing and not progressed at all, it would be dumb as **** to get rid of him.
I like Daniel, but he's all he's ever gonna be.

beach tribe 05-13-2014 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10626972)

Why make wholesale changes to accommodate a guy that really has no future on your team?

Focus on Aaron Murray and forget about Tyler Bray.

You called us winning like 6 games with Smith.
Now we will just "win anyway" with Daniel?....Ok.

ILChief 05-13-2014 10:35 AM

It wouldn't surprise me if bray gets some "injury" during camp that conveniently puts him on IR

htismaqe 05-13-2014 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10627220)
You called us winning like 6 games with Smith.
Now we will just "win anyway" with Daniel?....Ok.

I'm not allowed to be wrong?

My point was:

If the defense is playing good enough that "any old QB" could win, as someone asserted earlier in the thread, why "simplify" the offense and make changes to get a nobody like Bray in the game when you could play Daniel (or Murray), win anyway, and not have to change anything?

-King- 05-13-2014 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10626972)

Well yeah, but that would be the logical thing to do. So I don't know why you think this sort of thinking has any place on CP.

htismaqe 05-13-2014 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10627303)
Well yeah, but that would be the logical thing to do. So I don't know why you think this sort of thinking has any place on CP.

ROFL

:thumb:

beach tribe 05-13-2014 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 10627264)
It wouldn't surprise me if bray gets some "injury" during camp that conveniently puts him on IR

That would suck. We need to know if he is coming along. If not, they need to give him the boot. If so, they need to increase his reps.