ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Rasslin is CHA CHA LA..LA,LA,LA,LA,LA (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=171830)

GoChiefsWannabe 10-30-2007 03:37 AM

Actually watching that awful RAW was almost made up for by the Santino segment.

Ultra Peanut 10-30-2007 04:00 AM

Wow... browsing the internets, people are PISSED OFF. Not in a "Grrrrrrr, Cena overcomes the odds for a thousandth time" way, or a "TRIPLE H JUST BURIED PUNK DID YOU SEE THAT" way, but in an enraged sort of way. And judging by the crowd's reaction last night, no matter how smarky a town Philly may be, I'm guessing a lot of that anger carries over to the general fanbase.

It's just such a WCW move to whip the fans into a frenzy and then pull the rug out from under them at the last second to "build heat" when it's already at a fever pitch. It doesn't make anyone more excited, and it doesn't "show them who's boss," it just pisses them off and makes them less likely to keep watching.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Mecca 10-30-2007 04:23 AM

I think Vince enjoys giving the Philly market the finger...

and DH Smith would be a great partner for abe knuckleball schwartz.

Ultra Peanut 10-30-2007 04:33 AM

Well, no better way to give a market the finger than spending two hours promoting next week's show.

Ultra Peanut 10-30-2007 04:50 AM

Ahahahaha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wade Keller
At least when WCW promised Glacier, someone showed up.

Blood runs cold!

(I thought Mortis was the bee's knees. Who betta than Mortis?)

BigRock 10-30-2007 05:12 AM

I'm amazed Wade Keller is functional enough to turn on a computer.

Ultra Peanut 10-30-2007 05:20 AM

He probably had help with that part.

beach tribe 10-30-2007 05:36 AM

heh.....rasslin still alive, and well in the day and age of MMA. A mystery to me.

BTW my girlfriend hung out with the Rock yesterday while they gave his mom 19 dental implants.

Ultra Peanut 10-30-2007 06:11 AM

Huh. Turkeys still alive and well, in the day and age of dolphins.

Mecca 10-30-2007 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe
heh.....rasslin still alive, and well in the day and age of MMA. A mystery to me.

BTW my girlfriend hung out with the Rock yesterday while they gave his mom 19 dental implants.

Just so you know, wrestling and MMA don't go hand in hand. I like wrestling and find MMA kinda boring...

GoChiefsWannabe 10-30-2007 06:57 AM

Assuming Jericho does return soon, who else here would drool over a Jeff Hardy/Jericho extended program? Hardy gets a rub from a legit top star, and the in-ring alone would be worth paying for.

beach tribe 10-30-2007 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
Just so you know, wrestling and MMA don't go hand in hand. I like wrestling and find MMA kinda boring...

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL
REAL FIGHTING vs a SOAP OPERA!!!!!

Ultra Peanut 10-30-2007 07:29 AM

MMA is to wrestling as apples are to ice cream.

You just said it yourself, actually, so I don't know why that's hard to grasp. I don't watch Scrubs to see discourse about the current state of US-Middle East relations, and I don't watch wrestling to see who can beat up whom.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs
Assuming Jericho does return soon, who else here would drool over a Jeff Hardy/Jericho extended program? Hardy gets a rub from a legit top star, and the in-ring alone would be worth paying for.

Eh. Hardy's history is never going to let him become a main eventer. He's kind of like Kane: perpetually over upper midcarder and JTTS, though with less jobby tendencies.

If you're looking to elevate someone, better to have Jericho in a program with Kennedy, even with as much of a ****up he's been lately. Or, if brands weren't an issue... no, I'm not even going to say it.

Okay, Morrison. Or Burke. Or Punk. Jericho and any one of those guys would be the ****ing best, from both an entertainment and wrestling standpoint. And heyyyyy, what better way to boost ratings than to bring back an ECW Original/original WWF Undisputed champion, m i rite?

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 10-30-2007 07:34 AM

I think Beth Phoenix could beat Kennedy right now.

beach tribe 10-30-2007 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut
MMA is to wrestling as apples are to ice cream.

You just said it yourself, actually, so I don't know why that's hard to grasp. I don't watch Scrubs to see discourse about the current state of US-Middle East relations, and I don't watch wrestling to see who can beat up whom.

Good point sir. I feel like I just learned something.