ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop ****Official **** You Mike Mayock Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270155)

Messier 02-18-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9413230)
I'd rather have a coach that can find THE QB and win a championship with him.

I'm looking for 2002 Andy Reid, not 2010 Andy Reid. Not appealing at all.

I'm looking for that sure fire super bowl coach too. I wonder who it is? Oh well, I'll take the best QB coach available by a wide margin and take my chances. Who'd you want?

RunKC 02-18-2013 05:11 PM

The main thing Geno needs to do is make sure his footwork is good and that he drives the ball with zip in all areas of the field.

He has to look solid in all areas because there are things that Geno just won't be able to do better than some of the other QB's.

O.city 02-18-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9413237)
DJ's theory is great and I absolutely agree with him.

But the NFL isn't NEARLY as forward thinking as we are.

Yeah, like the point Messier brought up early, it's the reason these guys go with the safe option. Safe doesn't get you fired as quick. It usually takes longer to show that it was the wrong thing to do.

Whereas a big swing usually does.

RyFo18 02-18-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9413227)
They said the same thing about Newton and he nailed almost all of the deep passing drills.

Geno is in position to do the same.

As for Glennon, for most teams, the deep passes are going to be offset by his erratic throwing in the 10-30 range.

You can get drafted throwing a rocket deep ball but you can't make a living in the NFL playing shitty in the intermediate passing game.

As my buddy on Twitter, @ECStoner would say (paraphrasing): Glennon will nail every throw in drills, but once you get him in game situations, he's bound to let you down.

The guy's footwork and pocket presence are not good, you guys.

O.city 02-18-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9413242)
The main thing Geno needs to do is make sure his footwork is good and that he drives the ball with zip in all areas of the field.

He has to look solid in all areas because there are things that Geno just won't be able to do better than some of the other QB's.

I'm guessing you are getting at arm strength?

Priest31kc 02-18-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9413242)

Like what?

htismaqe 02-18-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9413238)
I'm looking for that sure fire super bowl coach too. I wonder who it is? Oh well, I'll take the best QB coach available by a wide margin and take my chances. Who'd you want?

For head coach?

I personally like ANDY REID.

But his reputation as a QB "guru" has been inflated here.

Is he a good QB guy? Sure. Is he a genius? No, I really don't think so. I see a track record of having immense success with a guy drafted high and then a lot of meh...

BossChief 02-18-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9413197)
Yes he did.

But outside of that 1 time, what else has he done?

I think Reid is a GREAT coach, I really do.

But this idea that he's a QB "guru" is extremely overblown.

Andy also identified Kevin Kolb as the only decent guy from 2007, if that matters.

htismaqe 02-18-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9413243)
Yeah, like the point Messier brought up early, it's the reason these guys go with the safe option. Safe doesn't get you fired as quick. It usually takes longer to show that it was the wrong thing to do.

Whereas a big swing usually does.

Yep.

htismaqe 02-18-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9413248)
Andy also identified Kevin Kolb as the only decent guy from 2007, if that matters.

We already covered that. ;)

Messier 02-18-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9413235)
I mean, not really.

Like he said, outside of McNabb, it hasn't been his development, it's been the player themselves.

I guess I see the rebirth of Vick into a better version of his earlier self as a coaching job. And how many years did he coach without McNabb, three? And he turned two backups in to nice trades. Reid has done well with QBs. And knows the position better than any coach the Chiefs have ever had.

BossChief 02-18-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9413250)
We already covered that. ;)

My bad, I just got here. :D

O.city 02-18-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9413256)
I guess I see the rebirth of Vick into a better version of his earlier self as a coaching job. And how many years did he coach without McNabb, three? And he turned two backups in to nice trades. Reid has done well with QBs. And knows the position better than any coach the Chiefs have ever had.

I think the Vick thing was smoke and mirrors, but thats just me.

okcchief 02-18-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 9412886)
Yeah, because the potential of doing the same ****ing thing that brought 40 years of failure is so ****ing hilarious. Hardy har har.

They are projecting. Trying to throw out opinions that aren't in the norm to create conversation, and you are biting. It's had nothing to do with what the Chiefs might do. If a QB is impressive at the combine the Chiefs will take him. No question about it. You guys freaking on every person that throws out a different take that has nothing to do with the Chiefs is hilarious. The only exception would be Dorsey's comment, but he hasn't seen Geno workout or interviewed him. If his opinion is the same after that then go ahead and freak the **** out.

htismaqe 02-18-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

I guess I see the rebirth of Vick into a better version of his earlier self as a coaching job.

I agree that it was a good coaching job, but was it Reid understanding what Vick's limitations were and using him correctly or was it turning him into a BETTER QB?

I would contend it's the former, not the latter.

Quote:

And how many years did he coach without McNabb, three? And he turned two backups in to nice trades. Reid has done well with QBs. And knows the position better than any coach the Chiefs have ever had.

Again, I would MUCH prefer to see Reid turn guys like Kolb into a REAL QB rather than a trade piece.

Sure, it's a bonus to get value out of those guys but it would have been REAL VALUE if he actually got them to be GOOD QBs.