ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Police report sheds light on Belchers death spiral (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267788)

htismaqe 12-19-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9223338)
Did the police tell you they were cutting you a break?

In so many words, yeah.

They could have given me a breathalyzer (I would have passed because I hadn't had a drop of alcohol) but after talking to me, they let me go.

"You got lucky this time" is exactly what they said.

rabblerouser 12-19-2012 08:35 AM

I've had cops let me go with open containers in the vehicle before...a different time, I blew a .0771 after a concert - and the police asked me to drive my other friends home.

It's all about maintaining, not acting like a jackass, realizing that the police have authority, and keeping cool. Speak clearly, enunciate your words, make valid points - I talk to them just like I talk to my friends. Honestly and earnestly. And you'd be surprised at how many police officers respond to that positively. I don't try and **** them around, I don't pretend that they're stupid, I don't get upset that they're doing their job...and they have almost always recognized my personal accountability and allowed me to proceed about my business (as it should be.)

Though I've never fallen asleep behind the wheel of a running car in the parking lot of a KC apt. complex and had the police show up. Belcher definitely got a pass there; that would almost always result in breathalyzers, thorough vehicle search, etc.

Being asleep behind the wheel of a running vehicle does suggest some sort of inability to maintain.

Love the fact that all this was going down a few hours before practice and a team meeting. Like, I would assume that for a football player, your 'Friday Nights' come on Monday/Tuesday.

Or during the offseason.

beach tribe 12-19-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9223364)
I've had cops let me go with open containers in the vehicle before...a different time, I blew a .0771 after a concert - and the police asked me to drive my other friends home.

It's all about maintaining, not acting like a jackass, realizing that the police have authority, and keeping cool. Speak clearly, enunciate your words, make valid points - I talk to them just like I talk to my friends. Honestly and earnestly. And you'd be surprised at how many police officers respond to that positively. I don't try and **** them around, I don't pretend that they're stupid, I don't get upset that they're doing their job...and they have almost always recognized my personal accountability and allowed me to proceed about my business (as it should be.)

Though I've never fallen asleep behind the wheel of a running car in the parking lot of a KC apt. complex and had the police show up. Belcher definitely got a pass there; that would almost always result in breathalyzers, thorough vehicle search, etc.

Being asleep behind the wheel of a running vehicle does suggest some sort of inability to maintain.

Love the fact that all this was going down a few hours before practice and a team meeting. Like, I would assume that for a football player, your 'Friday Nights' come on Monday/Tuesday.

Or during the offseason.

Just depends on what cop you get, and what kind of day he's having, or whether he wants to bother with any paperwork.

Titty Meat 12-19-2012 09:42 AM

KC cops are actually pretty cool compared to many in the burbs.

Titty Meat 12-19-2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9223315)
I have a client who does some private contracting for the state relating to DMV stuff, and she told me when she saw the news she instantly knew the car because she had just done some paperwork on it a week before the shootings. She said he bought it out of state and paid something like 123k for it~

Damn makes sense have financial troubles but spend 123k on a car while living 5 mins from work.

You can get a really nice used car for under 20 k.

htismaqe 12-19-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9223498)
Damn makes sense have financial troubles but spend 123k on a car while living 5 mins from work.

You can get a really nice used car for under 20 k.

Exactly. Could get an electric car for that kind of drive, for that matter.