ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink KC BBQ: The list and poll (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=207630)

Color Red 10-22-2009 09:46 PM

I love the great ones, any of them, Bryants, Gates, on and on. But one of my favorites that doesn't get mentioned much is Wyandotte BBQ. I especially love their beef sandwich, their hot fries wrapped in wax paper, and a bottle of RC. I'm especially nostalgic for their State Avenue location. Very consistent food.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-22-2009 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terribilis (Post 6197398)
I routinely have to fight to defend KC BBQ from the North Carolinian's around here. They are pretty narrow-minded about BBQ.

Considering that their product is reeruned dog-vomit; **** them in the ass with a flaming Alomar branch.

Buck 10-22-2009 11:28 PM

Isn't North Carolina BBQ the one with the watery BBQ Sauce?

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-22-2009 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6197957)
Isn't North Carolina BBQ the one with the watery BBQ Sauce?

That'd be the vinegar pepper sauce to go with your extra-salty, nice and mushy pork-slop, and your side of coleslaw with ketchup in it.

Just makes your mouth water, don't it?

Buck 10-22-2009 11:32 PM

I've never had real BBQ in my life, I'm super jealous of all of you.

Sure-Oz 10-23-2009 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6197970)

haha my best friend moved to SD recently and misses bbq alot

Hammock Parties 10-23-2009 12:13 AM

Jack Stack's desserts are also incredible. I had their triple chocolate brownie sundae....OMFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

If I lived in KC I would go to Jack Stack's every week. It's also cozy as ****...great place for a date.

Saccopoo 10-23-2009 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 6197966)
That'd be the vinegar pepper sauce to go with your extra-salty, nice and mushy pork-slop, and your side of coleslaw with ketchup in it.

Just makes your mouth water, don't it?

Don't be a BBQ bigot.

Carolina sauce has it's place and can be very effective. In fact, I find that the true old style Carolina sauce is a dying breed in terms of culinary style. That the sweet KC style has dominated the market over the past 20 years is not a ringing endorsement of that particular brand of sauce, just that the general masses are more inclined to gravitate towards a sweeter sauce than a tart, vinegary type of sauce.

Personally, I find that the acceptance of the KC style sauce as "the BBQ sauce" in terms of the general consensus is, perhaps, leading to the eventual downfall of what was the greatest and initially accepted BBQ in the world. (And yes, I'm including Jamaican Jerk, Thai, Mongolian, etc. - KC BBQ put BBQ on the map in terms of cuisine, acceptable cuisine to even the gourmet chefs. It allowed the world wide style of "pit" cooking to be accepted as a singular method. They had to account for BBQ as a major influence in terms of culinary and consumer demand and style.)

To discount a particular style of BBQ in terms of it's regional preference is akin to discounting BBQ as an acceptable method for preparing meat in general.

I implore you to try various styles of American BBQ to fully appreciate and enjoy what the craft of open flame cooking provides.

(And I guarantee that the Carolina style will enhance your appreciation of grilled fish all the more.)

Fire Me Boy! 10-23-2009 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 6198106)
Don't be a BBQ bigot.

Carolina sauce has it's place and can be very effective. In fact, I find that the true old style Carolina sauce is a dying breed in terms of culinary style. That the sweet KC style has dominated the market over the past 20 years is not a ringing endorsement of that particular brand of sauce, just that the general masses are more inclined to gravitate towards a sweeter sauce than a tart, vinegary type of sauce.

Personally, I find that the acceptance of the KC style sauce as "the BBQ sauce" in terms of the general consensus is, perhaps, leading to the eventual downfall of what was the greatest and initially accepted BBQ in the world. (And yes, I'm including Jamaican Jerk, Thai, Mongolian, etc. - KC BBQ put BBQ on the map in terms of cuisine, acceptable cuisine to even the gourmet chefs. It allowed the world wide style of "pit" cooking to be accepted as a singular method. They had to account for BBQ as a major influence in terms of culinary and consumer demand and style.)

To discount a particular style of BBQ in terms of it's regional preference is akin to discounting BBQ as an acceptable method for preparing meat in general.

I implore you to try various styles of American BBQ to fully appreciate and enjoy what the craft of open flame cooking provides.

(And I guarantee that the Carolina style will enhance your appreciation of grilled fish all the more.)

The acceptance of vinegar/pepper and mustard sauces would be more acceptable if it didn't taste like shit.

:p

BigRedChief 10-23-2009 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6197970)

The leading vote getter so far is jackstackBBQ. You can order their ribs, meat etc online at http://www.jackstackbbq.com/default.asp

You have to get you some cheesy corn from there too.

wildcat09 10-23-2009 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 6198173)
The acceptance of vinegar/pepper and mustard sauces would be more acceptable if it didn't taste like shit.

THIS:thumb:

MOhillbilly 10-23-2009 07:51 AM

vinegar,pepper and mustard are you friend when Qing. love it.

Baby Lee 10-23-2009 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 6198173)

Bandana's Carolina style [Hot], and KC style [Sweet and Smoky], are their co-MVPs.

I dish out two big pools of them and alternate.

KCUnited 10-23-2009 08:04 AM

OK Joe's Carolina pulled pork sandwich is in my top 5 mouthfuls of BBQ in the city.

Dottefan 10-23-2009 08:14 AM

OK Joe's ( the gas station location) and Bryants on 18Th st. Choosing between those two , is like asking a mother to choose her favorite kid..I love them both the same , but for different reasons.