ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink What did you have for dinner? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=122232)

RJ 11-19-2009 09:16 PM

Pan fried a porterhouse. Not so long ago, I'd have eaten it by myself. Tonight, we split it three ways and my wife will take the last of it for lunch tomorrow. With a spinach salad and some bread.

DaKernal 11-19-2009 09:35 PM

Had 2 bistro steak sammies from Quiznos. And a cup of water.

chefsos 11-19-2009 10:07 PM

Looked in the fridge, found 3 eggs and some Colby-Jack cheese. Got the last package of macaroni. Tossed it all in a pan and cooked it up. Not bad.

I think I need to go grocery shopping.

|Zach| 11-19-2009 10:10 PM

Wow, old thread.

Bweb 11-19-2009 10:11 PM

Homemade Bread bowl and pumpkin soup! yum yum

NewChief 11-19-2009 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bweb (Post 6277307)
Homemade Bread bowl and pumpkin soup! yum yum

Nice!

Mine was pumpkin soup as well (as I posted about below).

Buehler445 11-19-2009 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewPhin (Post 6277108)
Had a sweet potato and braised chard gratin with a bechamel sauce and some leftover chipotle pumpkin and black bean soup with a dollop of creme fraiche. No I'm not gay. Yes, I can cook like a mother****er.

Holy ****, dude. I don't even know what that is.

NewChief 11-19-2009 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 6277313)
Holy ****, dude. I don't even know what that is.

There we go. That's the reaction I was hoping for. ;)
Pumpkin and Black Bean Soup
Sweet Potato and Swiss Chard Gratin

I made the gratin like two nights ago after the kids went to bed. Made the soup on Sunday. I usually don't cook two things that intensive in one week, but with daylight savings, I'm stuck inside more than usual.

RJ 11-19-2009 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewPhin (Post 6277319)

I made the gratin like two nights ago after the kids went to bed. Made the soup on Sunday. I usually don't cook two things that intensive in one week, but with daylight savings, I'm stuck inside more than usual.

Does your wife cook?

Mine doesn't, and I don't think I've ever had a wife, significant other or girlfriend who did.

NewChief 11-19-2009 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ (Post 6277339)
Does your wife cook?

Mine doesn't, and I don't think I've ever had a wife, significant other or girlfriend who did.

She bakes. I cook. So, I basically handle all the cooking of meals and such. If we have a special occasion or something requiring baking, she takes care of it. We really enjoy cooking in the kitchen together, but we don't get to do it often. Between the kids and her job (she works at home), we have a hard time managing to both get in the kitchen together. Sometimes on the weekends, we'll stay up late cooking together and drinking good wine after the kids go to bed. In fact, we'll probably be doing that soon to get ready for Thanksgiving.

88TG88 11-19-2009 10:31 PM

Chicken with some vegetable type stuff on it and rice. It was pretty good.

Buehler445 11-19-2009 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewPhin (Post 6277319)

Ha. Fair enough.

Wife might be able to construct something like that. But I'm pretty reeruned unless it involves some sort of preparation of meat.

NewChief 11-19-2009 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 6277361)
Ha. Fair enough.

Wife might be able to construct something like that. But I'm pretty reeruned unless it involves some sort of preparation of meat.

I'm pretty sad (embarassingly so) when it comes to meat. My wife is a vegetarian, and I really got into cooking since we've been married. As such, I'm pretty hopeless with meat. I freak out that I'm going to infect everyone at a BBQ with e-coli, so I end up charring every piece of meat I grill.

Gonzo 11-19-2009 10:55 PM

Heh...

I grilled up some Elk brats I made from the cow elk I shot last february.
Butchered it myself too. That was some good stuff. So basically, I killed processed cooked and ate our dinner tonight.
**** the establishment.
Posted via Mobile Device

NewChief 11-19-2009 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 6277414)
Heh...

I grilled up some Elk brats I made from the cow elk I shot last february.
Butchered it myself too. That was some good stuff. So basically, I killed processed cooked and ate our dinner tonight.
**** the establishment.
Posted via Mobile Device

Awesome! My buddy that lives in Idaho basically lives like that. Elk, deer, game bird, turkey, salmon, steelhead, morels, etc.. It's really freaking cool. Makes me want to move out there.