ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Today's draft watch games include Matt Ryan... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=177543)

Reaper16 12-29-2007 01:15 AM

I hadn't watched Ryan in action until tonight. That dude can make some good throws. He impressed me a lot more than I figured he would.

Chiefnj2 12-29-2007 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs
Did anybody happen to focus on Cherilus tonight? I sort of forgot to while concentrating on Ryan.

He's not 1st round quality.

Pablo 12-29-2007 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2
He's not 1st round quality.

Yeah, he might go early 2nd at best. I dunno, I suppose I'd still take him early 2nd. The few times I did watch him, I was far less impressed than I was with Clady. I haven't had a chance to watch Baker in person yet, and Long is pretty dominant.

Frosty 12-29-2007 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs
The Terps will also feature one of college football’s better 1-2 senior punches at RB in Lance Ball (#44, 5-9, 225) and Keon Lattimore (#21, 5-10, 225)

Oops. 19 yards rushing for the entire game, including 9 yards on an end around by a WR. ROFL

shaneo69 12-29-2007 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16
I hadn't watched Ryan in action until tonight. That dude can make some good throws. He impressed me a lot more than I figured he would.

Under 50% completion percentage, a terrible pick, and two fumbles? Color me unimpressed.

Mecca 12-29-2007 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaneo69
Under 50% completion percentage, a terrible pick, and two fumbles? Color me unimpressed.

Probably should have watched it, instead of just looking at the stats. You have to understand what he plays with and what he was doing...

The Bad Guy 12-29-2007 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsLV
The guy is a first-year starter and yes he has had two fluke injuries in five games. Huard has been hurt this year too. I guess I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt since our offensive line ****ing blows goats this year. The put downs are not necessary to make your point.

The ****ing injuries weren't because of the offensive line.

Were his injuries in college flukes too?

I think they are necessary when you are obviously grasping at whatever you could to attempt to prove that Brodie isn't injury prone.

Mecca 12-29-2007 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy

I think they are necessary when you are obviously grasping at whatever you could to attempt to prove that Brodie isn't injury prone.

The way some people act you'd think Brodie Croyle was Peyton Manning coming out of college.

ChiefsLV 12-29-2007 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy

I'm just saying I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because the injuries, especially the last one where he hurts his hand going after a defender, were fluke. You're the one trying to prove that he's injury prone.

Mecca 12-29-2007 12:53 PM

You don't have to prove he's injury prone, HE IS INJURY PRONE. There is no proving to it.

ChiefsLV 12-29-2007 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
The way some people act you'd think Brodie Croyle was Peyton Manning coming out of college.

Look man, I don't think anyone here is totally sold on Brodie. The fact of the matter is this team has a shitload of holes. That's something everyone can agree on. Most of us here are willing to give Brodie an actual season to see if he can develop into something rather than gamble with our first round pick on a position that historically doesn't pan out. Especially with this year's crop of QB's, it just makes sense to fill another hole with that pick. And if it doesn't work out, we get another high pick next year. Funny thing is, this is probably exactly how it will work out.

shaneo69 12-29-2007 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
Probably should have watched it, instead of just looking at the stats. You have to understand what he plays with and what he was doing...

I've seen enough of him this year to know he's not even worthy of a top-20 pick. But because he's a QB, he'll be the next Joey Harrington/Kyle Boller.

Mecca 12-29-2007 01:02 PM

You know what you should do...

You should pull up the list of the QB's that have won or even made the Superbowl and look at how many of them were 1st round picks....

For a position that "historically busts" there's a reason when teams repeatedly draft them high...just go look at those numbers the percentage of QB's that make the bowl being first rounders is staggering.

Mecca 12-29-2007 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaneo69
I've seen enough of him this year to know he's not even worthy of a top-20 pick. But because he's a QB, he'll be the next Joey Harrington/Kyle Boller.

That's a rather ridiculous statement, I guess no QB is ever worth a high pick unless he's Peyton Manning in your world.

OnTheWarpath15 12-29-2007 01:07 PM

I guess Marc Bulger, Tavaris Jackson, Jason Campbell, Steve McNair, Kyle Boller, Jake Delhomme, Matt Leinart, Donovan McNabb, Jeff Garcia, JP Losman and Matt Schaub are injury prone too.

They've all missed as much time or more than Croyle has this year.

That's a third of the league's QB's, just off the top of my head.

Injury history in college is irrelevant. Football is a physical game. The defense is trying to kill the QB. QB's with bad OL's are going to get hurt. His history doesn't make him more likely to get injured. There are guys that never miss a down in college that suffer serious injuries in the NFL. It happens.

There's a reason that guys like Manning, Favre and Brady don't get injured often, if ever. They get hit half the times a normal QB does. They've all been sacked less than 21 times a game.

I think the Chiefs had given up 21 sacks by Week 5.

Would everyone be whining about Croyle missing 1 game is he didn't have the ACL problems at Bama?

I don't remember Leinart or Bulger having an "injury history" in college, yet they've both missed a lot more time than Croyle has this year.

I guess they're made of glass, too.

**** it.

Every player that ever had in injury in college and has had one in the NFL is made of glass.

Pussies. All of them. Get them out of the league.