ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Fallout 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=185615)

Pablo 11-04-2008 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 5186115)
I dont' like the sawed off because it's only got two shots... that sucks for fighting mutants.

Yeah, it's pretty much a sh*tty gun. But I did sink a ton of points into my small guns skills, along with Gun Nut(2) perk and some other weapon perk I forgot about, so unless I'm fighting a Brute, it should only take a max of 3 good shots..sometimes 2. Not all the time.

QuikSsurfer 11-04-2008 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 5186030)
What's you peoples' favorite weapon for normal fighting? I'm very fond of the combat shotgun.

Scoped 44 mag (my weapon of choice)
Chinese Assault
Combat shotgun

Another favorite is the Abe Lincoln hunting rifle though - so powerful.

ZootedGranny 11-04-2008 03:44 PM

Quote:

What's you peoples' favorite weapon for normal fighting? I'm very fond of the combat shotgun.

Combat shotgun as well.

With my small arms skill at 100, all I have to do is run within range and target the head.

Buck 11-04-2008 04:00 PM

Just picked up Fallout 3 on My Lunch Break...

I'm super excited to go home and play it, after I vote of course.

I've got too much stuff going on right now video game wise,

LittleBigPlanet, Fallout 3, Dead Space

Fairplay 11-04-2008 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 5187208)

LittleBigPlanet, Fallout 3, Dead Space and visiting Gay bars.

FYP

Fire Me Boy! 11-04-2008 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 5187208)
Just picked up Fallout 3 on My Lunch Break...

I'm super excited to go home and play it, after I vote of course.

LittleBigPlanet, Fallout 3, Dead Space

I'm on hour 10 at work, and probably not leaving for 7-10 more hours tonight. And I'm already suffering withdrawal. I want to get home and play! Dammit!

Fire Me Boy! 11-04-2008 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 5187306)

FYP

ROFL ROFL

reiko57 11-04-2008 04:25 PM

the sawn off sucks, the combat shotty is the only boomstick worth having

also, fallout 3 may be the best game ever made and i dont say that for effect, i've been saying final fantasy 7 was the best for 10 years now with no challengers even coming close, im not ready to dethrone it before i finish but omfg its sooooo good so far

Buck 11-04-2008 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 5187306)

FYP

Thanks, I almost forgot that last one.

Fairplay 11-04-2008 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 5187368)
Thanks, I almost forgot that last one.

Good sport award to you.

Fire Me Boy! 11-04-2008 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reiko57 (Post 5187357)
the sawn off sucks, the combat shotty is the only boomstick worth having

also, fallout 3 may be the best game ever made and i dont say that for effect, i've been saying final fantasy 7 was the best for 10 years now with no challengers even coming close, im not ready to dethrone it before i finish but omfg its sooooo good so far

I'm absolutely lovin' this game. My wife, a big Oblivion fan, isn't quite sold on it. She has just seen me playing, and isn't really big on the gun usage. She's a little bit more toward the fantasy-type games. She also thinks Fallout 3 is a too gory for her. May see if there's a setting to tone it down. I think she'd like it if she'd give it a chance. And I know she will.

QuikSsurfer 11-04-2008 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 5188749)
I'm absolutely lovin' this game. My wife, a big Oblivion fan, isn't quite sold on it. She has just seen me playing, and isn't really big on the gun usage. She's a little bit more toward the fantasy-type games. She also thinks Fallout 3 is a too gory for her. May see if there's a setting to tone it down. I think she'd like it if she'd give it a chance. And I know she will.

Has she played Morrowind? If you have a decent PC laying around and she hasn't played it...
There is no way to tone down the violence and gore in Fallout 3. It was put in there purposely; mainly because the first two in the series were "ultraviolent".

Fire Me Boy! 11-05-2008 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 5189255)
Has she played Morrowind? If you have a decent PC laying around and she hasn't played it...
There is no way to tone down the violence and gore in Fallout 3. It was put in there purposely; mainly because the first two in the series were "ultraviolent".

We both tried to play Morrowind and couldn't get into it. I think it was because we were used to the more-advanced version in Oblivion.

Redrum_69 11-05-2008 07:45 AM

Quote:

Best weapon for me... Licoln Repeater.. 44mm

best random shot in the crowd to wipe out 5+ enemies at once... Mini Nuke

Buck 11-05-2008 10:04 AM

God damn that game is addicting, I can already tell.

The only thing that pissed me off is that my game stalled at the GOAT Exam in the beginning, and also I picked up everything and became overweight so I couldn't run.

Then I killed everyone in Megaton, I think I'm gonna start over tonight and do it right.