ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Cassel Chronicles: The Conclusion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=211171)

SAUTO 08-01-2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 5940426)
In reality last years stats are questionable to say the least. He played "good" in a great situation. He is a one year starter going back to high school. I really do not see how anyone looking at him objectively can feel certain he is a top flight QB.

The Chiefs GM clearly believes in him and he has first hand knowledge of him. There have been QBs that come out of nowhere but every time they were surrounded with great talent. Time will tell but IMO the jury is still out.

i'm not certain. but based on last years stats(which is right now) he's a top 10 qb right?

Mecca 08-01-2009 12:07 PM

Um dude the Patriots ran for over 2000 yards last year...who said they couldn't run it?

Are you really arguing that Matt Cassel is better than Eli Manning?

SAUTO 08-01-2009 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5940437)
Um dude the Patriots ran for over 2000 yards last year...who said they couldn't run it?

Are you really arguing that Matt Cassel is better than Eli Manning?

read much? i never said they couldnt run it. YOU have said that cassel benefited from the run game well so has eli. and all i'm arguing about eli is that YOU and others think WAY too highly of him based on what he has done in his career.

SAUTO 08-01-2009 12:12 PM

327-516 63.4% 3693 yards 21td 11int

289-479 60.3 3238 yards 21 td 11int

which is better?

Mecca 08-01-2009 12:12 PM

Jason this is what I've learned any player that suits up for the Chiefs will be given the benefit of the doubt by you as being able to get it done etc.

I think pretty much 99.9% of people would tell you Eli Manning is better than Cassel. And you pulled out entire year stats when Eli really hit his stride was the 2nd half of the year mainly the playoffs.

Then he carried that over to last year, look how much his stats improved last season.

He wasn't a top 10 QB when last year started he got praise for his playoff and bowl performance and looked to turn a corner he kept it up last year that's why I feel he earned a top 10 spot.

KCBOSS1 08-01-2009 12:13 PM

We don't exactly have a great quarterback selection right now, a lot of middle of the roaders. Top 10 is not a great accomplishment. I definitely think, as he has played over the last few years, he is definitely top 10.

Name 10 better. You might be right.....

Peyton Manning, Brees, McNabb, Warner, Cutler, (possibly) Ryan, (possibly) Romo, who else do you think?

Mecca 08-01-2009 12:14 PM

Eli was 21-10....not 11.

SAUTO 08-01-2009 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5940450)
Jason this is what I've learned any player that suits up for the Chiefs will be given the benefit of the doubt by you as being able to get it done etc.

I think pretty much 99.9% of people would tell you Eli Manning is better than Cassel. And you pulled out entire year stats when Eli really hit his stride was the 2nd half of the year mainly the playoffs.

Then he carried that over to last year, look how much his stats improved last season.

He wasn't a top 10 QB when last year started he got praise for his playoff and bowl performance and looked to turn a corner he kept it up last year that's why I feel he earned a top 10 spot.

see post above yours which is better?

Mecca 08-01-2009 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCBOSS1 (Post 5940455)
We don't exactly have a great quarterback selection right now, a lot of middle of the roaders. Top 10 is not a great accomplishment. I definitely think, as he has played over the last few years, he is definitely top 10.

Peyton Manning, Brees, McNabb, Warner, Cutler, (possibly) Ryan, (possibly) Romo, who else do you think?

If you go back to the previous page I listed off 10.

SAUTO 08-01-2009 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5940457)
Eli was 21-10....not 11.

your right mistype still which was better?

Mecca 08-01-2009 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 5940458)
see post above yours which is better?

It is not completely about stats you can ask milkman on that point, and as I said I will not ever put a 1 year starter in the top 10 for QB's that position requires consistency.

If it didn't I'd list Matt Ryan in the top 10 but I won't do that till he has another good year.

RNR 08-01-2009 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 5940436)
i'm not certain. but based on last years stats(which is right now) he's a top 10 qb right?

No IMO he is going under center with a vastly inferior team and I believe several backups could have played as well as he did last year in that situation. The thing you have going for you is the owner and GM disagree with me. Them against a football fan on a message board. It is a safe bet they know more than I do. I think he is a reach they don't, time will tell.

Mecca 08-01-2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 5940469)
No IMO he is going under center with a vastly inferior team and I believe several backups could have played as well as he did last year in that situation. The thing you have going for you is the owner and GM disagree with me. Them against a football fan on a message board. It is a safe bet they know more than I do. I think he is a reach they don't, time will tell.

Damn that sounds like something I said...

Either way I can not believe I am having an argument that involves someone trying to say Matt Cassel is better than Eli Manning.

I don't even think most people on this forum would agree with that.

Delano 08-01-2009 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 5939623)
Warning: this is long. If you don't care about Patriots games skip to the second part.

I just went ahead and skipped to the end.

SAUTO 08-01-2009 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCBOSS1 (Post 5940455)

peyton, brees, mcnabb, cutler, rivers, brady, warner, roethlisberger, cassel(by stats last year for sure, and that was eli's best year ever) ryan