ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ****Official 2011 ChiefsPlanet Mock Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=242250)

Direckshun 03-06-2011 05:59 PM

And with that, the Draft has been won.

SNR has been messaged.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-06-2011 06:01 PM

I'd be willing to bet that Fairley fell in part because some people just didn't personally like him.

Rams Fan 03-06-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 7470772)
And with that, the Draft has been won.

SNR has been messaged.

You failed at the same time by typing Wade Smith instead of Wade Phillips, more than once.

Direckshun 03-06-2011 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 7470782)
I'd be willing to bet that Fairley fell in part because some people just didn't personally like him.

Yeah. Guy showed up super under-weight as well at the Combine, and was underwhelming. I was expecting a Mario Williams type stud to show up.

No denying what this guy is capable of. The Texans need someone who plays like a mother****er anyway, their defense has never really had any sort of edge to it. Wade Phillips and Nick Fairley give them a good head start on that.

Direckshun 03-06-2011 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 7470784)
You failed at the same time by typing Wade Smith instead of Wade Phillips, more than once.

Yeah. : / Mixed up in my head. They're both Texans, at least.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-06-2011 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 7470790)
Yeah. Guy showed up super under-weight as well at the Combine, and was underwhelming. I was expecting a Mario Williams type stud to show up.

No denying what this guy was capable of. The Texans need someone who plays like a mother****er anyway, their defense has never really had any sort of edge to it. Wade Phillips and Nick Fairley give them a good head start on that.

He went #1 in the other mock. Pretty interesting dichotomy.

DeezNutz 03-06-2011 06:09 PM

No possible way he lasts until #11 overall in April.

Direckshun 03-06-2011 06:11 PM

Mario Williams

Amobi Okoye

Nick Fairley

Give that lineup two years and that is a DL with historic implications.

RealSNR 03-06-2011 07:14 PM

With the pick of Nick Fairley, all the elite talent is officially gone from this draft and now we're looking at a soft, mushy middle of the first round where every pick is kind of a "Oh, yeah? Meh.. well, I guess that works..." sort of pick.

The Vikings are a team with lots of needs but also lots of question marks. Is Ray Edwards coming back? Can Kennedy be an adequate replacement for the presence left by Fat Pat Williams? Is Bryant McKinnie getting too old and should the Vikings start considering long-term options here? They have no QB, but is it too early to take a shot at Jake Locker or Ryan Mallett?

Leslie Frazier says "No, it's not." He needs to make a statement and he needs his mark on the team. Reach or not, raw or not, this is the guy to do it. If he plays this year or not is a question they can answer later this offseason.

The Minnesota Vikings select Jake Locker, QB, Washington

RealSNR 03-06-2011 07:15 PM

Sfeihc has been PMed

Sfeihc 03-06-2011 07:17 PM

The Detroit Lions select Tyron Smith OT USC.

Last year they took Suh. He was murder on opposing quarterbacks. Too bad he couldn't protect his own.

BigChiefFan pm'ed

Direckshun 03-06-2011 07:20 PM

I don't like the Locker pick but I love the reasoning. I'm sold.

I pray to the Gods of Football that the Lions get Smith, though. I love watching Stafford.

Direckshun 03-06-2011 07:23 PM

So... WTF do the Rams do here?

Rams Fan 03-06-2011 07:23 PM

Corey Liuget for the Rams, please.

Sfeihc 03-06-2011 07:24 PM

Stafford certainly showed in his limited PT that he is special. Hopefully, things fall their way on draft day and they FINALLY get him the protection he deserves.