ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs In big win, Chiefs find a leader in Romeo Crennel (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=253947)

Titty Meat 12-19-2011 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 8221659)
The big concern I have Chuzinski is he has only coached in the playoffs twice and both times as a tight ends coach. His teams haven't been very successful.

He did a good job at Miami as the OC and coached Franks, Shockey, and Winslow made them pretty good players. Antonio Gates as well. He did a good job in Cleveland as the OC, I believe he helped coordinate San Diegos passing game, and has helped turn around the Panthers offense with a rookie QB. I can't think of a more deserving candidate to be honest.

ChiefsCountry 12-19-2011 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8221680)
We had a super staff last year it didn't work. I just don't see how Ferentz would come to the NFL and answer to someone else when the guy is a celeb in Iowa.

It didn't work because Haley and Weis were ego maniacs. Ferentz is more along the lines of Vermeil type. He would dictate to the staff. I think he would have worked great with last year's staff for sure.

The Bad Guy 12-19-2011 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8221695)
He did a good job at Miami as the OC and coached Franks, Shockey, and Winslow made them pretty good players. Antonio Gates as well. He did a good job in Cleveland as the OC, I believe he helped coordinate San Diegos passing game, and has helped turn around the Panthers offense with a rookie QB. I can't think of a more deserving candidate to be honest.

A whole lot of truth in this post.

If we were going the inexperienced coordinator route, he'd be my guy.

I don't think we are though.

Brock 12-19-2011 11:08 PM

I agree that 64 is old for a head coach in the NFL, but that's really only if you look at the number by itself and not the man. Romeo seems like a pretty sharp guy and he's probably in a lot better health than somebody like Charlie Weis.

Also, the long hours that these guys work aren't really work in the conventional sense. This job isn't exactly rocket science, it's just thinking about ways to improve the team and its performance. I'm not necessarily sold on Crennel, but his age isn't a real compelling argument against.

Titty Meat 12-19-2011 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 8221721)
A whole lot of truth in this post.

If we were going the inexperienced coordinator route, he'd be my guy.

I don't think we are though.

I don't think so either. If I had to guess I'd say we're keeping Crennel though his comments the other day about how he'd have to be able to make some of the decisions were interesting.

AustinChief 12-19-2011 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega (Post 8221677)
True. This explains the great myriads of senior citizens heading NFL teams these days.

OMG!! YOU ARE RIGHT! And there is no team with a coach who has a first name starting with the letter D! You know why? Cuz Dans and Dons and Dirks make BAD COACHES! It most be so.. cuz that is what my pee-brained failed logic tells me!

Jesus, you can't possible be this stupid?

And you do realize there ARE some coaches like Tom Coughlin who is older? Oh and that being a head coach in COLLEGE can be just as challenging and yet who was the best coach in the game this year??? Yup a 72 year old.

Hammock Parties 12-19-2011 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8221752)

And you do realize there ARE some coaches like Tom Coughlin who is older?

Coughlin and "interim" Romeo.

That's it.

Clearly we should follow this developing trend.

lewdog 12-19-2011 11:18 PM

Cut Romeo off of the fried chicken and grape soda. Then get his ass on a treadmill! Problem solved.

The Bad Guy 12-19-2011 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8221744)
I don't think so either. If I had to guess I'd say we're keeping Crennel though his comments the other day about how he'd have to be able to make some of the decisions were interesting.

Missed that. What did he say?

Hammock Parties 12-19-2011 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog_5 (Post 8221772)
Cut Romeo off of the fried chicken and grape soda. Then get his ass on a treadmill! Problem solved.

Is this how you travel through time? A treadmill sans fried chicken and grape soda?

KCrockaholic 12-19-2011 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8221752)
who was the best coach in the game this year??? Yup a 72 year old.

Subjective. :) But the rest of your post was nice. You could've gotten away with "best coach in the big 12"

lewdog 12-19-2011 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega (Post 8221779)
Is this how you travel through time? A treadmill sans fried chicken and grape soda?

I bet if we got the black bear to run backwards, it could be possible.

AustinChief 12-19-2011 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega (Post 8221759)
Coughlin and "interim" Romeo.

That's it.

Clearly we should follow this developing trend.

So your entire argument is that due to the fact that he has lived 64 years he isn't qualified to coach the Chiefs? You base this on "trends" in the NFL...

then answer my question.. why are there no coaches with names that start with a D? THAT TREND MUST MEAN SOMETHING RIGHT????

I'm gonna try to force you to USE your brain for once... please explain why one "trend" is more meaningful then the other?

Have you heard an NFL exec voice an opinion that 64 years old is the cutoff for an effective coach? Or is this just another thing you pulled out of your ass?

(just to be clear, I'm not sold on Romeo yet but Clayton is an idiot, so I going to bury his idiotic ramblings in this thread)

Titty Meat 12-19-2011 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 8221776)
Missed that. What did he say?

It was his first press conference I think. He was asked if he would comeback as a DC he said maybe it would depend on what the HC wants. He then was asked if he wanted to be head coach and he said yes but wanted to be able to pick his guys.

AustinChief 12-19-2011 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 8221782)
Subjective. :) But the rest of your post was nice. You could've gotten away with "best coach in the big 12"

It still illustrates my point... the idea that 64 is too old is ludicrous.